• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

^Thanks
I just skimmed over your other posts and the one about how to get an opioid prescription is against the rules too

sorry about that, dont wanna get banned when ive only been a member for a few days. It wont happen again

sorry, they put a time limit on PMs, but anyway, dont want to scare you. It differs from person to person. Tapering down is the way to go, although i know that can be tough itself. But it sounds like youve pushed through the roughest days. personally, opiate withdrawals have been the worst for me 7 to 10 days after going off them. but thats just me - it varies from person to person. Just keep at it, theres available sources that can help you (as i mentioned in the message), talking to a doctor about suboxone is an option, benzo's help as well if you have a script for them. Sounds like your doing ok, and this site is a good resource for options as well. Hang in there, you'll be ok :)

Thanks so much for your encouragement!. Just in case you haven't understood; I havent stoped yet...Been taking ot for 20 days in a row and asking for some advice about stopping: Cpld turkey, will I have a lot of W/D? Tapering after 20 days is it an option? I just really don't know where to turn to or to whom to ask. That's why I decided to ask here...I really need some light and I think a lot of people here can give me an idea of what is ahead..I als have good Kratom cause Ive read that it can help a lot. The question remains: Do you think after taking oxycodone for 20 days in a row, when I stoped will I feel really bad withdrawals??? If you read me, and know about it, please I beg you to tell me.

It's not just the 20 days. What about before that? Is this your first time to take anything like this? At that dosage you can expect to be pretty uncomfortable for at least 5-6 days.

Thank you. Its a clear response. Yes, before at the begining of december I took for 8 days then stopped for a week or more. No w/d and started again. Low dose then went up. So be it. Ill be really uncomfortable for many days. Better now then later. Tapering is an option but Im will not be good a it.

If this is only the second time you have ever used the withdrawals won't be horrific but they will suck. Something you need to consider in the future is that each time you withdraw I gets worse and worse and worse. At first it's just the physical symptoms that you are worried about but the more you do it the more the mental game comes in to play. The mental game is horrible. I mean absolutely torture so get off of this shit and stay off for your own sake.

In my teens ive at really bad w/d...but now its totally diferent. 14 hrs without anything and ok so far...I can feel my bones hurting. Normally i expect to feel worse at the 24 hrs. Lets hope it wont be as bad as months and months of using H... I will stop for good cause I think it is not worth it. Thanks

Mental game: no energy, depression, literally crying for no damn reason at all. Anxiety. CRAVINGS. It when you have run out or stopped taking it for 5-7 days that you will find out just how bad your addiction is. You reach a point where you will do just about anything to get high.

Like I said before you should kick this shit and move on before it's to late. Plus in a very short amount of time you have moved to consuming a dangerous amount of oxy.

In your opinion gmlifer, do you think I'll be really sick? Do you know Kratom for opiates w/d?

Idk to be honest. Your body may differ from others in the withdrawal aspect.

I withdraw every single month from a 100+ mg a day habit and YES kratom is a godsend. I use meang da and love it.

Don't start the Kratom to early into the W/D and you might gain some more mileage out of it. Also a skimming over of this thread can give you some other ideas that have helped quite a few. Ultimately you are going to find out for yourself what works best for you as I can't stand baclofen and others love it, etc. I too withdraw every month from about 3 grams of Oxy and it would amaze you to know how long one will suffer before getting sick and tired of being sick and tired..

3 grams of oxy? Holy shit. Is that all prescription? If not you have a big money habit going there.

Last edited:
Generic Roxycodones 30mg x 100 pills. I do have some legitimate pain issues that last 10-15 days out of the month but yes I am also an addict as I use many ROA's which are not needed with oxy's high BA. After getting off of methadone a year ago I'm a little pleased at being clean half of every month but I also know that is a cop out and a lot of monthly misery.

Last edited:
Generic Roxycodones 30mg x 100 pills. I do have some legitimate pain issues that last 10-15 days out of the month but yes I am also an addict as I use many ROA's which are not needed with oxy's high BA. After getting off of methadone a year ago I'm a little pleased at being clean half of every month but I also know that is a cop out and a lot of monthly misery.

I get 120 10mg Percocet. It will last 10 days if I'm lucky. I also buy some here and there but try my best not to. Are you able to put some back for when you go to your next appointment? I struggle with doing that. It sucks and is stressful.

I could stash some on Catalina island and I would make the swim 5 days later. I've tried leaving some with one of my parents once but I always have a creative story of why I must have them NOW. I have thought of mailing them to ...myself if that's any indicator of the pull they have on me.

Hello everyone and I thank you in advance for any advice. Here's my deal. I've been taking 90 mg's of oxy 15 HTC for 6 months. The only thing I was able to get my hands on for detox is 5 packets of suboxone 8mg/2mg sublingual film. I'm in a time crunch and there isn't anything else I can get. I do have my Xanax prescription. What is the best plan / plans of attack to utilize the suboxone. I need to start ASAP.
Thank you all,
JW

Last edited by a moderator:
I too withdraw every month from about 3 grams of Oxy and it would amaze you to know how long one will suffer before getting sick and tired of being sick and tired..[/QUOTE] Good lord, 3 grams...And you don't taper only CT? What do you mean about that It would amaze me to know how long one will suffer before getting sick?? I use a ROA different to. Thanks for the advice on kratom. Im gona shop today for stuff that might help me. Im preparing myself for having the flu kind of, right. better now then never.