• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Meh, if you are only faking a cold one more time just go for and be done. You can do it man.

No_ID don't take the buprenorphine, it's too strong for you

And what about taking like 10mg less each day ? And for the first 1-2 days without any codeine in your system you could take a few mg of loperamide to stop the shits

Hi

Sorry haven't posted in a while. My Internet had broken and it took them ages to fix it.

So still off tramadol and codeine. However I did have to start taking gabapenton again as my rls was so bad however I am now only on 200mg gabapenton so it's came down a lot. I can still feel rls through the night and day but it allows me to get a few hours. So I've been taking gabapenton for around 17 days now I really want to stop now ? I just feel like I'm dragging it out.

Having a bad day today ??

Hope all is well with everyone.

Hi

I think tapering is the best option to minimise withdrawal so your 100% on the right track. Try the plan you have worked out however if it feels too much for you slow it down. Adjust it to what your body feels it can handle. Everybody is different. Good luck

^Hey man, glad you're alright!
You really should quit the gabapentin for good in the next few days. I heard that Vitex agnus-castus (used for PMS) can really help with RLS due to dopaminergic activity, maybe you should give that a try if you want to, should be pretty cheap

Oh thank you I will have a look for that ? I was thinking tomorrow I will stop as I feel they have helped me through the worst.

Yeah I reckon by Monday I'll be a lot better ? I just need to try keep busy as I find it harder when I am bored

You should start working out, helps get the natural endorphins flowing. Maybe start with walking in the sun and maybe some weight lifting

Yeah I'm going to go on a nice long walk today and maybe look for a new series to watch over the weekend

I had a bad accident a year ago and am now prescribed two slow release tabs a day twenty mg morning and night with seven five mg instant release OxyContin and I know exactly what you mean when you say you won't stop taking them while your kids need you too but it's getting harder to make them last I tried all drugs except h in the nineties but never anything as addictive as the OxyContin I genuinely wish I had never took them

If your in withdrawal or will be soon I suggest you try Tianeptine, I've been taking it for 3 days now I should have been in withdrawal 3 days this drug is doing wonders for me. On the plus side it feels like taking a couple Oxys/maybe Molly it's hard to explain.! I bought mine off <snip> and had it in 2 days...

Last edited by a moderator:
^For the love of God please be careful with your tianeptine doses.
Don't forget that it is a full agonist with an extremely short duration which makes it like opiate crack that will have you in withdrawal every 4 hours if you build a tolerance. I tried to use it to get off of kratom and it was a disaster.

Last edited:
If your in withdrawal or will be soon I suggest you try Tianeptine, I've been taking it for 3 days now I should have been in withdrawal 3 days this drug is doing wonders for me. On the plus side it feels like taking a couple Oxys/maybe Molly it's hard to explain.! I bought mine off <snip> and had it in 2 days...

The problem with tianeptine is that it's an opioid and has a few othe rmechanism of action, so withdrawal will be even worse

Having a bad night not slept a minute. Currently running a hot bath to ease the rls. No other symptoms left which I'm grateful for however I can't wait to get a proper night sleep.

^Damn, it's crazy that you still have RLS, but it really should pass in the next few days, hang in there

I know my body just loves them lol managed to get 3 hours sleep this morning so felt ok today kept busy so my mind was off the rls. Fingers crossed it's a better night ? feeling more positive today

I know my body just loves them lol managed to get 3 hours sleep this morning so felt ok today kept busy so my mind was off the rls. Fingers crossed it's a better night ? feeling more positive today

Question: when you lay down to go to sleep what are you thinking about? Do you play any relaxing music to clear your mind?

Nope I haven't tried that I just lay in a dark room and try sleep I normally fall asleep it's staying asleep I struggle with.