• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Hello everyone and I thank you in advance for any advice. Here's my deal. I've been taking 90 mg's of oxy 15 HTC for 6 months. The only thing I was able to get my hands on for detox is 5 packets of suboxone 8mg/2mg sublingual film. I'm in a time crunch and there isn't anything else I can get. I do have my Xanax prescription. What is the best plan / plans of attack to utilize the suboxone. I need to start ASAP.
Thank you all,
JW

That's plenty of sub to do a taper and come off it gently

Start at 2mgs per day for 5 days, then 1mg for 5 days, and reduce your dose 50℅ every 5 days.
Then once you get down to .25-.125mg start skipping a day, dosing every 48 hours. I wouldn't jump any higher than .0625mg.

Keep in mind that sublingual Suboxone can take up to 2.5 hours to take effect so don't rush to redose.

I too withdraw every month from about 3 grams of Oxy and it would amaze you to know how long one will suffer before getting sick and tired of being sick and tired..
Good lord, 3 grams...And you don't taper only CT? What do you mean about that It would amaze me to know how long one will suffer before getting sick?? I use a ROA different to. Thanks for the advice on kratom. Im gona shop today for stuff that might help me. Im preparing myself for having the flu kind of, right. better now then never.[/QUOTE]

The addiction forces cold turkey. I've tried to save for a taper or just save some period and it doesn't work. The mind wants what the mind wants.

What do you mean about that It would amaze me to know how long one will suffer before getting sick?? I use a ROA different to. Thanks for the advice on kratom. Im gona shop today for stuff that might help me. Im preparing myself for having the flu kind of, right. better now then never.

The point of my story is to make this your last withdrawal as "The Mental Game" is far worse than the flu symptoms. It can hound a person every waking minute of every day for a long time and using makes it all disappear..Rinse, Repeat....

Apologies for hijacking, Speed & SS373dOH

Dunno if this had been mentioned before and I am not suggesting it by any means, but I think I just withdrew from methadone (anywhere from 150mg-300+mg per day) by using cocaine daily for about 20 days ($100-$200 per day) and benzos few times per week for the comedown and sleep. It definitely was expensive but I think I actually got over the sickness. I stopped using cocaine since Friday (and not going back to it because I actually do not like it) and seem to be ok. Has anyone else tried this?

Seems like it's jumping off a mountain to alleviate altitude sickness but if you are OK and can stop with the coke then all is well I suppose. When I came off methadone (100mg) after 6 years it took about 2 months to get over the worst of it. I used mild things like benzos and OTC meds to ride it out as others have reported jumping from one side of the spectrum to the extreme opposite can be overly taxing on one's brain. If you can stay clean for several weeks without any lingering effects you might have saved yourself from months or years of further methadone use, especially at the higher doses you were taking as that can make it harder to quit as a long taper is the usual route of discontinuation. The next week or two will tell..

Tapering is an option but Im will not be good a it.

I had to chuckle when I read this. Nothing personal just that my guess is that 99% of the folks on this board feel the same way. WTF, taper? If I have it, I do it - end of discussion. It's like taxes, push back to the future any real pain, defer defer. So, yes we're all in pretty much in the same predicament. I wish you all the best though.

Well BBum4u, I haven't taper, I jumped from a 250mgs of oxy IR a day and sometimes more, Im at 39hrs now and still alive. So yes your so fucking right, Ive got it, ill use it!!! ha ha ha, thats why I gave all that I had left to my husband on sunday. Im quite pround of myself for that. Thanks for wishing me all the best.

Dunno if this had been mentioned before and I am not suggesting it by any means, but I think I just withdrew from methadone (anywhere from 150mg-300+mg per day) by using cocaine daily for about 20 days ($100-$200 per day) and benzos few times per week for the comedown and sleep. It definitely was expensive but I think I actually got over the sickness. I stopped using cocaine since Friday (and not going back to it because I actually do not like it) and seem to be ok. Has anyone else tried this?

Yeah there was a thread that discussed this theory..

I'm against it, your CNS is already flying when in wd,.Adding coke to the mix is a wild ride impe..

Now paws, maybe..

Small doses of Cocaine or even meth/amphetamine are great for masking the lethargy and depression that are prevalent during PAWS. I just have to watch my doses or I exacerbate my anxiety and I try to keep it to regular amphetamine salts as they are ime the least addictive out of the bunch.

Well BBum4u, I haven't taper, I jumped from a 250mgs of oxy IR a day and sometimes more, Im at 39hrs now and still alive. So yes your so fucking right, Ive got it, ill use it!!! ha ha ha, thats why I gave all that I had left to my husband on sunday. Im quite pround of myself for that. Thanks for wishing me all the best.

Holy Cow! You're telling me you went from 250 mg of Oxy to zippo? If I did that I'd be barfing and crapping myself at the same time (sorry for the PMI). That shit is HARD on the body! I'm like anyone else, if I only need to extend things for a couple days, I can cut up my pills and do just enough to stay well (including energy levels). If it's more than that, I usually say WTF, in for a dime, in for a dollar! Then I suffer and even with some OTC stuff, it's still brutal as all get out. I'm proud you did what you did but damn, you're really making things hard for yourself (Sorry, I'm pretty sure you know that). Continued Success!

Oxycodone seems particularly rough to jump off of and has a strange component that make the cravings unreal vs say Morphine IME. They both have the same T 1/2 but MS has a bit more of a residual effect if you could call it that. I usually have some left over filters and residue from stripping the morphine out of ms-contins that seems to be far more effective for a short taper than oxycodone.

I had 30mg of oxy set aside for tomorrow. Took those about an hour and a half ago so let the fun begin. I'll be whining like a lil girl for the next 4 to 5 days lol.

^ We are about a week out of sync. I'm over my PMAW's (post Monthly acute withdrawal's) and full of piss and vinegar as they say but I will be right with you soon enough. I'm sure I will do a nice looong taper.... one of these days.

It's bitter sweet every time I run out. I don't sleep well when I'm on the oxy but I sleep like a baby when off of it. I have sleep apnea so it's even worse when I take pain pills all day long. I look forward to the rest but absolutely dread the mind fuck.

Did you say you have been out for a week already?

I don't sleep well when I'm on the oxy but I sleep like a baby when off of it.

At 480-600 mg/day I won't sleep for 48 hrs and can be fairly productive but the comedown is nuts a couple days later. I'm sure I don't have to tell you. A CPAP machine for apnea would drive me crazy.

Well day 4 today I think cause Ive lost counts, and Im craving loads or its just im in so much pain, can make the difference...Its a crazy jump oh yess. Feel like killing myself. Trying to think of a way to ask my husband for pills...The minds wants what the minds wants. For me it wasn't an option to have acess to pills, I had to give it all away cause I love the rush to much. And anyway my tolerance was getting higher and higher. My oxy are IR, I dont need to crush them, just open it and all the powder comes out so...no popping or anything, I used to iv H but told myself I wouldn't do it with oxy so I read that plug in was the best ROA after IV. Been in love with it for a couples or years now as well as fent...wich was so fucking dangerous, so I detox from fent. A nightmare...And now CT a high habit. I want to die. Today its hard.

Last edited:
At 480-600 mg/day I won't sleep for 48 hrs and can be fairly productive but the comedown is nuts a couple days later. I'm sure I don't have to tell you. A CPAP machine for apnea would drive me crazy.

Good lord, I knew you took a lot but I didn't realize it was like that. You're a freakin machine dude. Here I am getting ready for work on day 1 with no pills. My mind is ok for now. I have my kratom. I couldn't imagine coming off of a daily habit like that. I'm afraid I would be calling in to work and loading up with lope and Xanax.

Well day 4 today I think cause Ive lost counts, and Im craving loads...Its a crazy jump oh yess. Feel like killing myself. Trying to think of a way to ask my husband for pills...The minds wants what the minds wants. For me it wasn't an option to have acess to pills, I had to give it all away cause I love the rush to much. And anyway my tolerance was getting higher and higher. My oxy are IR, I dont need to crush them, just open it and all the powder comes out so...no popping or anything, I used to iv H but told myself I wouldn't do it with oxy so I read that plug in was the best ROA after IV. Been in love with it for a couples or years now as well as fent...wich was so fucking dangerous, so I detox from fent. A nightmare...And now CT a high habit. I want to die. Today its hard.

Day four! Congrats. You are almost past acute withdrawals. Stay strong. Think of whatever motivated you to give those pills up and keep moving forward. You can do it!!

Last edited: