View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great posts tonight! Methoxetamine keeps on giving; I am finding it very useful for enhancing thought processes in sub-lunacy doses (~25mg sub-lingual) and after four months of weekly-ish use I can attest that the anti-depressant effects are very real. Winter in Scotland for an office worker is a terrible dark thing five days a week, MXE - and ket - have been a real boost for me this season!

Here is what has taken me to this place with MXE so far.

Dosage - 60/70mg IM
Set/setting -

#1. Darkened room. Headphones on with some nice ambient music. solar fields, asura, shpongle, brian eno. Anything nice and soft.
Let yourself drift away with the music. What happens is indescribable, but so so profound. Very ketamine like, but seems to be far far more meaningful.

Watching tv, visualization etc don't seem to do any good. I would avoid.

#2 medititation. I have tried meditating on mxe with really astounding results. try it!

#3 question everything during the experience. try and not be astonished as terence mckenna used to say.

This seems to be a psychedelic experience that can be integrated into daily life more than anything I have ever tried. And lasts! Shamanic to the core.

Try and not let the experience be THE thing you are after. it is easy to get hooked into loops of redosing . tell yourself during the experience that you will not fall into this trap.

Sorry if I am rambling guys, I feel I have to get this out there. <3

Last edited:
To good to be true is probably the best tag line for MXE. I find it fascinating that even with all my experience with it I still can't be sure if it's positive effects are delusional or not, needless to say I've made a lot of progress with it. It helped me with a seven year marijuana habit that I struggled so hard to deal with. It's been profoundly introspective, and breaks a lot of dogmatic ideas that have built up in my mind, perhaps this is more re-association than dissociation.

Last night I did some ketamine for the first time in several months, was surprised to find a massive cross tolerance, ended up doing half a gram over the evening with very mild effects. To be honest, MXE makes ketamine look very basic indeed. Superficial is a good word. It was a worthwhile experience because I feel I understand the myriad of effects better now. My experience with the dissociatives is becoming more understandable. Had slight back pain in the morning, there must be some benefit to MXE being a smaller dose and thus less toxic metabolites. I did a tiny line of MXE somewhere in the middle of the ketamine dosing and it was nice actually, everything felt very comfortable but it wasn't any near enough to really feel the MXE. I think next time I will do this combo the other way around, or even leave the K all together because for me it's got very little extra to offer... not completely...

I did notice there was an aspect of something that is in K that is not in MXE. I think I'm starting to understand partial activity a lot more now, it seems like there are several systems involved that can become tolerant at different levels... as others have noted if you don't leave big gaps in between MXE doses, IE days/weeks, then you get less of that opiate warm blanket effect and more of the mental lucidity effect. The ability to "hole" with music/mediation disappears with tolerance. I don't think I like the left over effects because they feel very blank and you can't do anything with it. Another thing I noticed doing K is that it is a lot more compulsively addicting than MXE, you find yourself re-dosing like everyone does with K, but now I noticed that it was very empty and almost pointless re-dosing, I don't think I noticed that when I was doing K, when I did a big line I felt good but it passed very quickly and so the value is minimal. This unfortunately could also be viewed as a relative effect, doing stronger and stronger drugs and not being content with lesser effects... this could be a problem, but maybe not. Just some more thoughts on the matter.. but we're reaching some consensus with this I feel.

A lot of you guys are making some good posts in this new thread :)

This is definitely one of those "get the message, hang up the phone" drugs to me. Because although it does seem to provide more tangible and useful insights than serotonergic psychedelics, the insights "feel good" at a very animal level and can get you chasing stars endlessly pretty quickly I'd imagine. That said, I still want to get some more XD

I have experienced almost nothing that I would categorize as spiritual or profound from MXE. I tend to tune out stuff like that anyway, as I determined long ago that drugs probably don't hold any magical answers, and if they do it's irrelevant to everyday life and not worth obsessing over anyhow. To be sure I've had plenty of earth shattering mushroom, DMT, mescaline, and ayahuasca journeys, but after getting overly wrapped up in 'the message' I convinced myself I was getting from those, I decided to let go of all the abstract and speculative notions that those substances would impart on me. Basically the only thing I take away in that regard anymore is that whatever else is going on behind the curtains, or after death, or whatever, is all good so I don't need to be worrying about it; the details are unimportant and will be revealed in time, if at all. But again I've never encountered anything remotely like this from MXE. For me it is a mix purely between hedonistic and therapeutic qualities. But, I have yet to, and perhaps will forgo, the high dose immersion, so perhaps I'm just ignorant about what lurks Beyond with this drug.

This is definitely one of those "get the message, hang up the phone" drugs to me. Because although it does seem to provide more tangible and useful insights than serotonergic psychedelics, the insights "feel good" at a very animal level and can get you chasing stars endlessly pretty quickly I'd imagine. That said, I still want to get some more XD

It's not definitely the case, that's really the quandary with MXE. I don't have an addictive personality, I've always been into things that make my life better, I had the same issue with weed when I started smoking, weed seemed to make my life better and therefore why not smoke it every day? it took a long time for me to see it's downsides, it took MXE to make me quit and I think the downsides are environmental, weed works as a medicine in some cases in some situations, maybe many... but MXE at the moment also seems to make life better and therefore why not use it?, it takes a long time to figure out why and I've realised with all these drugs, there is an aspect of delusion that wipes over the reality of the situation... the weird thing is that this is a realisation that has come from MXE itself, I've never been confronted with such a perplexing situation derived from a drug. I believe you've got to be highly sceptical all the time, but there is the possibility of a drug that really can make your life better and still be integrated into work life/modern society. Huxley's soma may be an arylcyclohexlamine, but maybe that's it's mirage.. I've been trying to verify this with life success, I can say honestly that I'm healthier than I've ever been, I've quit smoking, no more weed, these are qualitative improvements, but the negatives are lurking and remain to emerge.

Methoxetamine is the drug of Human Evolution

I feel so compelled to discover on this substance; to evolve.
(I'm currently active)

It eliminates any urge for any drug but knowledge, MXE is... (did we find the god drug?)

It eliminates any urge for any drug but knowledge, MXE is... (did we find the god drug?)

Either that, or we have all suffered the same brain damage. I don't know whats going on, but it is amazing, scary, crazy et all.

It is like we have woken up?

I posted up a while back about kicking my gbl habit instantly with 'MXE Medititation/therapy' and I have not touched it since. I assumed some of the clarity I am experiencing was due to kicking the habit.. I dunno whats going on.

Last edited:
I feel the same way, like I'm either delusional or this drug, even more so than ketamine, can rewire your brain to not desire the unnecessary temptation of drugs.

Just with tonight's trip I've decided in my mind through watching "The Secret Life of Plants" that plants use chemicals like THC or Morphine to modify animal consciousness to desire said plant, and therefore carry on the plants DNA in future generations.

These codependent relationships with plants that humans have make for a distraction from the main human goal, which is to evolve.

I feel that the MXE helps me break the dependence I have with substances/plants.

This might read scrambled because my mind is in such a state currently, but it makes perfect sense at the moment.

Anyone have these strange "revelations" on this drug?

*re-reading this, it looks like I'm making loose associations but they don't fade away when I sober like most delusions do from things like acid

Methoxetamine is the drug of Human Evolution

I feel so compelled to discover on this substance; to evolve.
(I'm currently active)

I don't know if MXE is the drug of human evolution, but whats amazing about it is that it eludes to the possibility of such a thing.

Last edited:
I had the most epic journey tonight. Complete ego dissolution. I was not ready for it at all.

I need to take a break from all of this. There was a gentleness to it, but geez. Wow. No more for me.

Just with tonight's trip I've decided in my mind through watching "The Secret Life of Plants" that plants use chemicals like THC or Morphine to modify animal consciousness to desire said plant, and therefore carry on the plants DNA in future generations.

These codependent relationships with plants that humans have make for a distraction from the main human goal, which is to evolve.

I feel that the MXE helps me break the dependence I have with substances/plants.

interesting revelation. so in your opinion the human/plant relationship is not symbiotic, but parasitic? as if the plants are our slave masters ;)

IMO you should consider ecology as a whole and how our obsession with food plants instead of medicinal plants has really impacted our relationship with the living environment in which we must grow and evolve. but then again i'm very much under the spell of the green goddess at the moment.

Great posts in this thread, i love reading about peoples impressions and attempts to quantify their experiences, especially those who are new to arylcyclohexylamines. I think the most important thing to consider is not what answers may be revealed here, but what the questions are that we are seeking answers to.

" the information will be revealed as it becomes necessary..." ;)

Cheers

on the topic of plants and there symbiotic/parasitic relationships with humans, I think that is another one of MXE's surprises, this is an incredibly complex series of ecosystem interactions. We've evolved alongside these things over millions of years, our brains have evolved systems that make use of these molecules for things like addiction, trauma, depression, maybe we've been lacking these things in modern society. Its like a lack of nutrition, I'm reminded of the whole omega 3 debate years ago, which said we evolved the need for long chain fatty acids from fish oil that are no longer in our diet. Then I think of things like ibogaine which is as old as we are and from my understanding contains 3-methoxy alkaloids? I mean this stuff is fascinating. The plants that our ancestors consumed. The rise in mental health problems could be grossly related to the disconnection of essential vitamins and nutrients (drugs) from the ecosystem. These theories have been around for ages, but MXE could be shedding light on this. I'm also interested in plants like aya and the DMT bearers because our link to natural world and longing to connect to the "spiritual" realm, these could all be long forgotten brain systems that were always there and like I said at the beginning, it's a complex series of interactions, they would be symbiotic if our brains evolved to cooperate with these molecules. In fact the more I think about it, plants are mostly symbiotic and harmonious in their approach.

How does MXE combine with psychedelics? I used to love taking nitrous on LSD but it really changed the character of the trip and when I ran out of nitrous I didn't even feel like tripping anymore because it was so bland compared to the combination, nitrous is a little fiendy and hedonistic for me.

Also I was a little concerned about what I read about MXE being stimulating at times. The psychedelic I was thinking of combining with MXE was DOC which tends to speed up my heart a bit anyways.

Great stuff lads, this profoundness seems to be a common theme with a lot of mxe users. I said earlier that maybe we damaged some part of our brain/consciousness, but from reading the last few posts it seems just as likely we haved repaired it!

I also have to say I am drawn more and more to the zeitgeist movement, having a good interest in it before but not really understanding it, It really does make so much sense now. Again the clarity of thought process after using MXE is amazing.

One more thing, It seemed very easy at the peak of experience to think you are jesus/god, so you have to work a little away from that during the experience. Be mindful and be skeptical to some degree

May the revelations continue...

Great posts in this thread, i love reading about peoples impressions and attempts to quantify their experiences, especially those who are new to arylcyclohexylamines. I think the most important thing to consider is not what answers may be revealed here, but what the questions are that we are seeking answers to.

" the information will be revealed as it becomes necessary..." ;)

Cheers

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The experiences that we have on MXE show a very real, and very powerful, desire to discover the 'meaning of life'. Us humans are different from other animals in that we know of this concept, and use of MXE really shows us just how tangible this concept is within our minds. We crave to know the answers, and indeed society is progressing to find the answers through science, through religion, through personal endeavour.

MXE brings feelings of spirituality and universal oneness to the fore. These emotions may indeed exist in us for a reason. It is not necessarily what happens during the experiences themselves, but the fact that we are all capable of having these experiences that is most interesting. Arylcyclohexylamines prove that our brains are indeed wired for these types of revelation...Nature doesn't do things by accident. See what I'm getting at?

If your first dose is high and you hit ego death/ m hole when you come back to baseline can you still do small amounts to achieve the opiate like/social high?

As i'm going to be taking it this friday for the first time in the comfort of my home first of all and want to experience the m hole straight away and then when i come back to baseline try a smaller amount to get sociable effects then go out and see my mates.

Whats your views/thoughts/opinions?

If your first dose is high and you hit ego death/ m hole when you come back to baseline can you still do small amounts to achieve the opiate like/social high?

As i'm going to be taking it this friday for the first time in the comfort of my home first of all and want to experience the m hole straight away and then when i come back to baseline try a smaller amount to get sociable effects then go out and see my mates.

Whats your views/thoughts/opinions?

From my own experience, the after effects are so good that you will not need to redose to be very sociable, in fact you may be a little too manic if you do :) Hope that helps.

From my own experience, the after effects are so good that you will not need to redose to be very sociable, in fact you may be a little too manic if you do :) Hope that helps.

Thanks alot bro, if what you are saying is true and the after effects are that good im definatly going to stick to one high dose for my first time.
I got an insane tolerance to Ketamine (1 gram lines are needed to feel destroyed) so guess I will have a stupid tolerance to this to begin with.

So i'm going to start off with at least 50mg (to be on the safe side) maybe 100mg? (as I want to make sure I hole).

What dose would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.