• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Healthy Living Photo Thread

Calves are a pain in the arse. I'm always slightly lagging in the calves department.

You need to work on increasing flexability in your hip flexors/abductors and also put some focus on your hamstring and gluts. The initial pull from the floor is predominantly within your glutes and hamstrings in comparison to the rest of the lift. Don't worry about weight and start elevating yourself on a box and then do deadlifts from the ground but with your feed elevated. It will create more a stretch and help activate the posterior chain as well. Its referred to as a deficit deadlift. Deadlift is just as important as the squat.

Last edited:
Unless you have a severe disability to the spinal cord/lower lumbar or a birth defect that prevents the spine from maintaining a neutral position throughout the movement you should 100% be able to comfortably deadlift. Majority of the time when I deadlift I only worry about the first pull the from the ground then the reps that continue beyond that I control the negative portion of the movement for the extra tension and never allow the barbell to completely touch the ground. Just go halfway to your shine until your final rep. You don't need to move a lot of weight on the deadlift either if you emphasize the contractions throughout the lift and work the muscle not the movement. I generally don't go over 4 plates on each side for my deadlift.

11267057_10153867736318626_7208812939837598617_n.jpg
Found one more photo. This was during my last PCT I believe.

^Nice lats,
GO4p39Z.jpg

had to delete the other one and repost to get rid of my face. Someone needs photo shop.

Last edited:
Ha thanks for compliment, but it must just be the combination of horrible quality and angle that makes that. I sadly suffer from NLS (No Lat Syndrome) :( they just never grow

I am bad at remembering the name of lifts but I think it's like lateral pull overs. On your back starting arms fully extended and just pull your arms up without bending your elbows. Thus has been my favorite with all the spots it hits. I guess it is tied with upright rowes. In addition it increases flexibility of the rib cage

let me rephrase my intoxicated speech. I've seen worse :) Heh honestly I haven't been to the gym in a while. I'm just being a super bum lately. I'm thinking though if I kinda keep an overactive presence on this forum, read and comment wherever I may learn something or offer food for thought and this will eventually lead to the motivation to stop being such a potato.

^Nice lats,
GO4p39Z.jpg

had to delete the other one and repost to get rid of my face. Someone needs photo shop.

Lol just realized if you zoom in you can see the scar from when I caught a stray .380 to my right peck when I was 17. I'd like to repost that other picture but I don't have photoshop for my face. Hmmm....maybe I can use microsft paint. I just scraped up my last bit of mxe pictures which means I will be liftng a lot now and posting progress pics=D

Last edited:
You should start your own little thread or blog or however people do it on this website to log your progression and possibly get feedback from others!

MSPaint works perfect. Just use the tool for creating shapes and make a white circle over your face.

P.S you should post a picture of your wheels. Gotta show the legs if you got them.

Last edited:
I worked on that. I sent a couple pics from my girl's phone but still haven't got the email. I hope I didn't send themewe a random email address.:!t. My thighs are under developed compared to my calves just like my chest and back are to my arms. I took another badass shoulder/arm pic to but never received it8):p tomorrow....we shall try again I suppose

After three years of being a coach-potato n three weeks of INSANITY my progress so far (arms) don't expect much lol.

Evey

LoVE the tattoos. Is that a lady pirate on your bicep? bad...ass...
And Evey you can definitely see some progess there:)

Last edited:
I must add that you look great Perpetual Indulgence, and I'm glad to see you still here. I don't know if you remember me, but my old account was PARoooller.

Please tell me that's natural. I pass no judgement againt safe steroid users, I just feel it's a tiny bit less impressive.