• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Healthy Living Photo Thread

Progress. Getting better.

IMG_1155_zps0fe0440b.jpg

i don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line over the last few years i got "into shape", meaning my chest sticks out further than my stomach, and there's a V line from my shoulders to my hips.

hkwy.jpg

this is despite still retaining a layer of tummy flab, which i hope to finally lose while trekking.

you have an awesome mustachio l2r

lean diet all summer and no weightlifting cause of broken arm have let me drop 19lbs of mostly bodyfat normal weight of 158lbs and somewhere between 5-10% bf
62yf.jpg

always fun once I finish but I hate the first mile seriously at 1/2 mile I was thinking I am running to my car fuck this shit lol
I trained by drinking half a bottle of wine, vaped, and went to bed at 11p for a 615a wake up.
The late bed time is atypical of a Friday night before a race ;)

FINISH
1185539_10151620158379072_1031123585_n.jpg

1209164_10151620158349072_82409350_n.jpg

Last edited:
very nice ilikestims! look at that rocking body of yourz!

Thanks! Hard work pays off. :D

To be fair, my muscles are inflamed after a strenuous workout, so I look slightly bigger than I actually am. (I only weigh ~148 pounds; I'm 6'0).

I'd say I'm about halfway to my nutrition/physique/workout goals. My obliques/lower abdomen still have some tough-to-burn fat. My upper body will get stronger. My quads also carry extra fat. And my hips are still tight; by the end of the year I want to be in full lotus for 15-20 minutes without significant discomfort.

Fortunately, yoga -- and the particular branch I practice -- targets all of those things, especially the core. In my experience nothing targets the core like the Primary Series, especially if you're engaging your bandhas.

Yoga isn't so big on the upper body, but significant functional upper body strength is targeted as the practice becomes more advanced. (You are actually "supposed" to lift from Vinyasa to headstand to downward dog, all on the strength of your bandhas/core/arms/chest.)

Wow that's pretty intense imo which requires a lot of discipline as well. I've been working out as much as I can but my food consumption is a lot lol.

Last edited:
Took me long enough but I finally did it! -10kg since last time I posted here and finally at my objective :)

2ahvamq.png

kj45UQY.jpg

have been killing my healthy living game recently

can guarantee schisandra + jing retention + healthy eating and exercise are a very beautifying combo