• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

omg girlfriend said something that upset me a lot!! :(

I hope to accomplish her understanding the well known fact that owning shares is usery(see the act of making money off of money, and how horrible of an impact that has).

I hope for her to realize that shares are not consistant with her values. Which I believe they are not. I hope to be able to kiss her at night without thinking omfg my girl is part of the whole take take take system in a major way!!

We learn and challenge our beliefs all the time. We are constantly showing each-other where we think the other went wrong and how we can improve. I have already been talking to her since I started this thread and I have noticed that she is starting to loosen up and stop being so quick to defend. Like I said, there was a lot of zeal involved for some odd reason.

Well then, by all means, continue to discuss it with her. It's your relationship and you can try and show her whatever you wish. You've already said you know you are also involved in the system and you seem okay with your level in things... as long as you are okay with you it doesn't really matter what we or anyone else thinks.

I do get where you're coming from, just so you know. And I'm not even saying that I personally am responding to you that way or calling you a hypocrite. I just know how people work and how these things tend to go, and if people can find anything in your words that they can throw back at you as hypocritical, they WILL...

Honestly all of this stuff is why I don't enjoy debating and don't bother with it 99% of the time. I was lucky enough to find a partner who is on the same wavelength as myself on just about every subject so we rarely have these types of problems. But I have plenty of friends who have very different worldviews than myself and it's easier just to let them have their views and let me have mine. It's too much energy...

Totally! I love that about you. You are very open to reason. I actually feel like I can talk to you and you will listen and make a decision for yourself, not just categorize me and say the first sterotype that comes to mind. Cuz like honestly, I totally know all about the view people are acusing me of having. I can't stand it when other people are like that either. I think they just looked at my post and went oh I know what these people think and lumped me in there without going througth the subtle details.

The thing is, MynameisnotDeja, I don't think we actually disagree. I simply think she believes its ok to make millions of dollars by extorting people so that she can build wells and schools in 3rd world countries. I think its just a mistaken logic. I even had the same fucking view growing up... Exactly as she is now, I was. It took a long time before I understood about how the ends don't justify the means. She always comes around. I have been in situations like this before with her, and I have a feeling this one is like those past ones. I imagine in about 3 months maximum of talking about it now and then she will eventually come to me and go "I think I know what you mean now" and then face palm. She does it to me too.

Nah she wants to save the world. Shes talking about maximizing the most ammount of money right now so she can do something with it. She wants to build all girls schools in another country or something. I told her thats great!! Her attitude is better to have the money in my hands than other peoples hands.

Shes already is as secure as anyone could ever ask for.

She always comes around. I have been in situations like this before with her, and I have a feeling this one is like those past ones. I imagine in about 3 months maximum of talking about it now and then she will eventually come to me and go "I think I know what you mean now" and then face palm. She does it to me too.

Well then, it doesn't sound like you have a problem. :) And I agree the logic of doing evil things to get money to do good things is strange.... personally I'm of the belief system that if you want to do something good for the world, the money and means necessary to make that happen will come to you. If I were her, rather than investing to make millions I'd just start with smaller, world-improving projects and donations with the money she DOES have coming, but that's just me.

Your girlfriend sounds pretty smart...

She is! Shes fucking wicked smart, but she comes from conservative background and sometimes man I can see these old fashioned unchallenged philosphies floating around and it upsets me.

Shes hot too :) <3 awww I love my babbby

Well then, it doesn't sound like you have a problem. :) And I agree the logic of doing evil things to get money to do good things is strange.... personally I'm of the belief system that if you want to do something good for the world, the money and means necessary to make that happen will come to you. If I were her, rather than investing to make millions I'd just start with smaller, world-improving projects and donations with the money she DOES have coming, but that's just me.

Yah well imagine if your BF said that he was going to start trying to invest in Mcdonalds shares because he really cares about children in indonesia, buuuuttt you could tell that he doesnt understand that investing in shares is totally exploitive, or he says "If I don't do it, somebody els will!"

Wouldnt u be mad frustrated? Then imagine your BF actually has the means to do what hes talking about. So its like a double omfg.

See... thats where I am at... its a turn off too to think of her as like all take take take. Even if she doesn't mean it. I just don't want their filthy fucking conservative ideas touching her beautiful precious spirit!!!

It feels like if my daughter watched a makeup comercial and now she feels bad about herself.

Kind of like that.

^How is investing in shares in itself a bad thing? Look at the system in Japan for a pretty smart system IMO...

IMO you're a jackass for even considering letting some half-baked political ideals jeopardize your relationship, if indeed as you say otherwise the relationship is a good one ...

When I first clicked this thread I figured the complaint would be something, you know, that matters to the fact that you are two people who supposedly love each other, not how y'all two don't see eye to eye on some political matters.

just my $0.02

^ I don't think investing in shares in itself is a bad thing. It's just the type of shares that we were talking about, I think are a very bad thing.

We were talking about investing in a special banking share that pretty much meant that she would own a tiny part of a whole bunch of companies.

Were talking: mcdonalds, nike, oil companies, weapon manufacturers etc who all basically make their profits by exploiting people in third world countries by paying them fuck all and treating their employees over here like garbage!!! :(

Like walmart for instance has the most terrible track record for treating their employees like shit! Its such a terrible thing what these psychotic machines (corporations) do to people who have no control over their circumstances.

So basically what she would be doing is actively enabling them. She would be profiting off of them. We all support these machines to some degree or another, but when we hold shares in them, we become the ones directly profiting off of their wastefulness. One could argue that if she doesn't put her money into the shares, then someone els will! Well that doesn't matter to me if someone els does lol. I mean, it does, but I especially don't want that blood on my babies hands. She was basically looking at me, fangs out, drooling, going "its a dog eat dog world!" Its not even so much if she owned the shares, its more of her attitude towards them.

Theres lots of nice shares out there, I think, but they probably are not as profitable and we were not talking about those types of shares. Apparently there is ethical shares or something. I dunno, but one can also invest in credit unions, which at least sounds good cuz its a union :p

I talked to her about this again just an hour ago and she is coming around now. She could tell that I was totally upset with our discussion and she felt really bad for how we were going about it too. I told her that I would be really sad if she went and baught a mcdonalds because she thought she could help people with the money she makes off of it. Shes like "I would never do that!" and I was like ya I know you wouldn't, but owning shares is exactly the same thing! Shes like I didn't say I was going to own shares!!! And I was like riggghttt... and she kind of went "oh :p " So basically she said to me now that she wouldn't want to own these shares either. I dunno why she was defending her position so strongly before. Maybe she felt really different about it only 6 hours ago? lol. Maybe I got through. Maybe she is scared too that I was upset and kind of giving me some lip service. I dont think so though. She doesn't do that type of thing.

W/e :)

btw Pegasus I l appreciate your style and approach with me. Thank you for that. You seem very reasonable.

that doesn't sound like the kind of thing you say about someone you love. you sound very closed-minded.

uhh what? Saying I don't want any conservative bs ideas, for example "women should stay in the kitchen where they belong," coming in contact with my girlfriend's beautiful spirit doesn't sound like something I should say about someone I love?

right...

IMO you're a jackass for even considering letting some half-baked political ideals jeopardize your relationship, if indeed as you say otherwise the relationship is a good one ...

When I first clicked this thread I figured the complaint would be something, you know, that matters to the fact that you are two people who supposedly love each other, not how y'all two don't see eye to eye on some political matters.

just my $0.02

imo you clearly don't recognize that whats not important to you and "half baked" to you may for whatever reason be very important to me. If you had listened to what I had said earlier, you would have found that it wasn't just a half baked political matter, it is something that has a real potential to become a reality.

Then it would have been a much more serious matter. I think how our s/o earns their daily bread is pretty fuckin important, dont you? I can see you clearly don't understand where I am coming from as you continuely refer to this as a political matter when it is much more than that.

It has to do with how the person I am with treats the people and world around her. The difference between someone who takes advantage of people/uses people and someone who does not is pretty vital.

you're a jackass for even considering letting some half-baked political ideals jeopardize your relationship,
I told you that it wasn't a deal breaker in the first fucking post too. Wow you really are not listening.

I love this person very much. It's pretty obnoxious seeming for you to keep rolling your eyes or going "supposedly love." lol.

Perhaps you can take this as a reminder that different people value different things and that just because its not important to you, it doesn't mean its important to other people.

I am someone who has been taken advantage of a lot in my life in many different ways and I deal with people who are on the take on a daily basis. That is part of why it is so important to me that my girlfriend is clear in her conscious, and I as well. Doesn't mean we don't drive cars or going shopping, just means we don't completely over do it and lose ourselves in it. It means I want for us to do things within reason, to figure out what we can live with and absolutely cant live with in terms of how we support these fuckers. Obviously we can live without owning shares.

Its not surprising to me that you think its no big deal to engage in the act of usery(making money off your own money) because after all its become so normalized in our society.

Last edited:
You have different ideals and agendas for your individual lives. So be it. If this is the extent of your relationship woes, you have got it pretty easy here pal....

^ I know... like omg what if my girl goes nuts and invests all her money in some evil stocks and becomes a millionaire, oh woe is me. lol.

regardless, I was really upset this morning. We are really lucky to have each-other though.

Two people who agree on everything will soon run out of things to talk about!

^ we don't always agree on things, but we at least find middle ground. Most things that we disagree on are just superficial, or don't really matter that much.

The 2 of us can't shut up. We make each-other so manic sometimes. We also have a common love of medicine and shes going to school so that gives us a lot to go on about.

One of the things that I have noticed we do, and that I really think everyone should invest energy at getting good at if they care about their relationship, is that we always always try very hard to communicate and fix any tiny little upset or anger or unrest that we have with the other. This way we may have flare ups of temper or differing ideals, but we always seem to return to a clean slate pretty quickly. I think we both really value the relationship in an objective way so we are constantly working at it like it were a thing that needed maintenance.