• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

omg girlfriend said something that upset me a lot!! :(

Back to our hippie toothpaste. Now realize that Tom's of Maine is a fully owned subsidiary of the Colgate-Palmolive company, which is where, presumably, this former small hippie-owned business got the loot to engage in the above sleek advertising campaign. Buy Tom's of maine, and sure, it may be natural, the subdivision of the corporation that you are buying from might have some smiley-face policies, but ultimately, you are still giving your money to a big fuck-off corporation.

Yeah... but I wouldn't buy Tom's because I already knew that. ;) I'm talking about being a well researched, well thought out consumer. I realize most people probably don't do that. But I'm picky about my stuff, myself.

That was my original point about the Nike's and what not... if you're going to take a stand for something, take it all the way. But it's a constant learning process.

The only question I have left for this thread is why are you using two handles? lol

SomeKindaLove: I know about that toothpaste. It used to be independently owned til they got bought up. I hear what your saying. I agree with you, but I think its kinda far from what I was talking about.

I really don't care if someone buys this toothpaste, or any of this crap, there is not really a realistic way around it atm. It seems no matter how hard one tries, they are going to have to bow down before some corporation in one way or another.

Its just I find there to be a big difference from buying a thing of toothpaste that is crap and being the one who actively owns, produces, and makes the decisions to make this crap, crap.

I'm saying theres a big difference from being a poor sucker buying a big mac and the guy who is designing all this shit to make suckers, and then profiting off their suckerness.

Damien: My girl is a bit of a snoop sometimes. Last time she read something I posted on here and the way i said it was so fucking inconsiderate of her feelings :/ I don't want her to go through that again.

Yeah... but I wouldn't buy Tom's because I already knew that. ;) I'm talking about being a well researched, well thought out consumer. I realize most people probably don't do that. But I'm picky about my stuff, myself.

That was my original point about the Nike's and what not... if you're going to take a stand for something, take it all the way. But it's a constant learning process.

Honestly I don't really take it all the way. I even smoke cigs, so I am supporting that terrible industry. I just don't want to like dive head first into it, which is what owning some corporate establishment would mean.

Its kind of like how telemarketers often become fucking soulless drug addicted sales people. The line of work they are in just so often eats away at them. They get so used to manipulating people and doing things against what they believe in, for a buck, that they end up sorta shallow after a while.

So I am saying I draw the line at sales/owning a chunk of this crap that preys on people. I say if someone is too tired/lazy/whatever to not get preyed upon, thats a shame! However, I put most of the blame on the purpose who designed the system that preys upon them in the first place.

I guess I find it a big difference between me smoking a ciggeratte and being invested in the smoking industry. I find it miles apart. If I owned a part of Benson and Hedges then all of a sudden I am invested in more people smoking. Why would I want people to quit? I need them to smoke! Thats why I think its a total dif ball game when u actually own these things. Atm, as a smoker, I want my fellow man to quit smoking. If I owned a cig company it would be totally dif.

Thats why I don't want any evil stocks! Cuz then we would be invested in the corporations exploiting as much as possible. Its a little hard to work for the fall of these places when our lively hood depends on it!

Dude most telemarketers do not turn into soulless drug addicted sales people. You make such broad general statements.

The world is NOT black and white.

Your naive, illogical and wrong. Pick up an economics book before commenting on a subject you obviously have no grasp over. Your gf seems alot wiser then you and by your own admission she's smart. I'd defer to her more if I were you

Your naive, illogical and wrong. Pick up an economics book before commenting on a subject you obviously have no grasp over. Your gf seems alot wiser then you and by your own admission she's smart. I'd defer to her more if I were you

NeverRRRR!!!!! lol :) No your wrong!!!

bro you cant just say I am wrong and offer no evidence to why your saying that besides "go read a text book"

I don't mean to post under the other name, it just auto logs and I don't notice it, but trust me that it doesnt defeat the purpose.

All I'm saying is go take an economics class and get information on the topic before resorting to illogical generalizations. Sounds like the only source on the topic you've ever seen/read is a Michael Moore film or something

If you are buying stock already on the market, then you aren't giving the company any money when you purchase the stock. You are giving money to the previous stockholder and the broker associated. McDonald's is pretty well established, and they don't issue too many new shares (too much dilution of the existing stock). You aren't feeding the corporation by buying stock, and you won't kill the corporation by not buying stock (because others will buy/sell it). No harm, no gain, why argue?

I am like the furthest thing from a hippy lol. I just fucking draw the line at profiting off of extorting people ON PURPOSE!!!

Almost every person in the industrialised world "profits" off other people at some point in time.
- The days I slack off at work I am still being paid just as much and I'm extorting money from shareholders who I agreed to work for.
- People on welfare get given money by society
- The owners/shareholders of companies deliberately hire people for $x dollars knowing those staff are needed and they will make more money from having them on board enhancing their profit. They therefore profiting off people.

However in most of these cases people agree to these situations. Yes I know I make a shitload of money for the shareholders of my company but they provide me with stable employment that allows me to do the things I want to do outside of work with my life. But my employer and I both do these things on purpose.

Personally I feel you are perfectly justified in having issues with corporations that act unethically. However from my reading of your posts you aren't applying this test. You have taken a simplistic view of the world that all 'big' corporations must be bad and make awful decisions. Thus far in my life I have seen far more unethical decisions made in smaller companies than large.

I also don't believe you truly have half the passion on this issue you claim. If you did you wouldn't abrogate personal responsibility the way you have. Don't wait for the world to change dude, you'll be dead and still waiting. Be a leader and make things happen.

I might also be way off the mark but do you have issues with the fact that your beautiful gf has a mind of her own?

Your premise that all corporations are evil is fundamentally flawed, just as some people believe that all government is evil. If you can't find anything to invest in that you feel morally good about, then try investing in yourself. Start a small business, or save up and buy something of real value that will appreciate. Land (not houses), and guns almost always go up in value, and are very safe investments that you can also get enjoyment out of. Listen to your girl and stop assuming that when you disagree on something its because she is wrong.

Ha ok well. Maybe your right. All the ones I ever met were fucked. There are lots of telemarketing places where its aight, but the ones where people work for commision are more hardcore. Let me restate that. All the telemarketers I ever met were fukkked.

I don't have much to say in this thread in terms of the topic, but I do have a response to this thought. Commission on selling credit cards, then scam-type books, then fundraising for over a year...do I really seem that fucked? All telemarketing is commission-based pretty much, if not, no one would EVER put ANY effort into the awful job or try to convince people to go for it when they do object. Commission is the only way to make this possible. It pays well, you come home at night a little shaken sometimes, but I worked for commission, was pretty hardcore into it when I was at work, and would kill to not be unemployed and even take another one of these jobs in a heartbeat. Just saying, even after several hours a day of painful rejection, if you can realize you are just doing it to put money in the bank, it's not so bad. Just saying, I was proudly a telemarketer for a while during my undergrad, and I ain't fucked :p

I'm not looking to get in the middle of all this but you could buy Tom's shoes. they give a pair to a kid in need with every purchase. Google it.

It sounds like your girlfriend is a very smart woman.

Surely this is something you can agree to disagree on. It's such a minor issue and you're making a huge deal out of it. Her outlook on stocks doesn't make her a bad person (not that you've said this, but you've implied that if she continues to hold this opinion without bending to your will, problems will occur in your relationship).

I would be happy that my girlfriend is smart and successful enough to be considering how to grow her funds for future plans, especially when said plans are humanitarian in nature (like building the all girls schools).

Basically, you're a lucky guy for having a competent and well rounded girlfriend, and you need to quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

TL;DR

You sound like a 14 year old poser. With an anarchy hat.

/thread.

I love how people are so quick to judge me, but none have you have really offered any evidence for me to feel any differently. None of you have come up with a clear point stating that its not taking advantage of people to get involved with those things. Thats because you cant.

So basically your saying, oh just don't care if it is taking advantage. No. I do care.

If there is one thing I'm all too aware of and painfully so - it's that if you are strong in your value system you have to resist the urge of forcing other people to conform to it - otherwise you become the very thing that you despise.

Principled people can have the most fasict type of shadows and you must let go of the desire to control your girlfriends values/motivations.

Let her be her, and you be you; you don't have to agree with her but you must respect her enough to give her the space to be herself - she is not perfect and you are aware that she is no longer an ideal/reflection of your desire - accepting this discomfort and dealing with it is maturity and the right thing to do.

I think you are being very candid and have total respect for that btw but hope you can accept her perspective, even if it conflicts with yours. You have to let go of that desire to control because it will cause you nothing but pointless frustration. Live and let live.

Last edited:
Mods please remove my comment if it violates any of the rules, but what a pussy! This HURT YOU???? Dude grow a pair. She could be sucking someone else's dick, but no, she just disagrees with you. Come of it man.