• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

are satanist/devil worshippers real?

Gnosis & Gnosticism, as well as Taoism have me spinning...

i am astounded, or humbled at how prevalent Gnosticism has been in my life, it seems, as long as i can remember... in the best and worst of ways, so many ways.

and again, knowledge i sought has set me further and more free.

G. Quispel wrote:
The world-spirit in exile must go through the Inferno of matter and the Purgatory of morals to arrive at the spiritual Paradise.

--------------------------------------
IMHO, anything else is sensational, "HelterSkelter".. heh.
but far more interesting in this more realistic, explanatory sounding sense to me.

that was then...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well, i have had a great portion of my life's schematic gleamed towards me.
~it seems
ive sought balance
and inner vision, inner strength and outward creativity
with all the shit & now pain,,,
ive sought balance.
seeking balance i missed myself, and have been wading in shades of grey- i was alluding my most pure potential.
accepting, understanding, adapting to both sides of thought. seeing them in yourself, understanding the pain and suffering in yourself will bring you closer to yourself.
understanding yourself and the pain in the world more thoroughly youll better appreciate nature. understanding the wisdom of nature and youre surroundings in any aspect will bring you closer to yourself and others, nature, and the spirit as much as possible...
may exceed what we perceive as possible.

~hate and envy, guilt and gluttony, fear and freedom.

these are dualities which if acknowledged, and truly understood, are not an issue.
so pure and simple, so sensible, always making up what i saw in my surroundings, just nameless to me, undescribed as Gnosticism.

this is now how i would begin to explain what "Satanism" means to me, as quickly as i can, with what ive learned and feel ive learned to be right looking at my life up to this moment.

if anyone could recommend any Old Gnostic literature, that'd be great.
the Gnostic Bible is on my list of-course, its amazing how prolific and ancient this is,
as well as how intertwined it is in our everyday Pop-Culture...
but, so underground and taboo... lol.

ill also be picking up;
'Hans Jonas, The Gnostic Religion'
&
'H. J. Spierenburg, ed. H. P. Blavatsky: On the Gnostics'

<3
:)

Last edited:
willy, what's the shapeshifter?

You....:) Read some stuff about chaos magick; one important notion is that we a s humans can compltely shift our own paradigm, morality and such, at will; nothing is concrete. We can actually harbour compltely different opinions about the same subject at once. Hence, the Shapeshifter....

<3

You....:) Read some stuff about chaos magick; one important notion is that we a s humans can compltely shift our own paradigm, morality and such, at will; nothing is concrete. We can actually harbour compltely different opinions about the same subject at once. Hence, the Shapeshifter....

<3

thanks darling. so i'm both a shapeshifter and a shipshafter, sweet! :D

ive met many satanists, wiccans, and occultists alike...

some are good fellows, some are forces to be respected

^
yes, and many christian based religious followers wish to be viewed that way also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

im curious as to what the publics general opinion of 'Gnostics' is, or rather: do people view them as Satanists or Devil Worshipers.?

Manly Palmer Hall
Madame Helena Blavatsky
Aleister Crowley

All high ranking freemasons (33rd degree + other higher degrees).

"By the time the master mason learns the secret of his craft, the seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands."

- Manly Palmer Hall

these are Highly intelligent, wise, experienced people -- but their seething intentions may of been met with an infinite fold.
Crowley was not all madness as portrayed; "Diary of an Opium Eater" is a must read... he did go into this light diverted, then free with Joy.

-- this statement brings then a break of "corrupting" 'humanist' values.

le Ceile De

yet, one who "keeps" (would be the intention of their trusted possession) does not imply sole control.

Last edited:
im curious as to what the publics general opinion of 'Gnostics' is, or rather: do people view them as Satanists or Devil Worshipers.?

As a member of the public & generally prone to holding opinions instead of doing something useful I'd not view a Gnostic as anything other than a Gnostic.

Why did you ask the question ?

no real reason of impact or diversity, on or of myself.

only an inquiry of which ideas of Gnosticism are most adopted by the 'general public'; wittingly rather.
i suppose its a redundant question after all...
with so many varying form or ideologies of Gnosis, and a public whos opinions/beliefs are swayed with the wind -- i could get countless different answers -- and from what i just said, i confirmed my beliefs even further...

I don't buy into an "eye for an eye". It sets up a duality of thought that would "blind the world".

No it doesn't. It leads to fairness and justice.

Not everyone in the world will take an eye without having an eye taken from them.. this will leave the good half (part) of the world perfetly able to see.

are they evil people

I suggest if you want to learn more on Anton Szandor LaVey's religion i suggest your read, "The Satanic Bible". Indulge in your carnal desires as long as they dont interfere with the law. You can also visit www.churchofsatan.com for more information. And in reality everybody has evil in them but its how we choose to use it that really counts.

While I do not consider myself to be satanic to any degree, I don't disagree with some of the aspects of it.

I heard someone explaining that one of the biggest parts of it is that life is often best lived in excess.

Tickle My Pickle said:
why are satanists always looked down upon or considered bad?
They have embraced a paradigm that is repugnant to the Abrahamic faiths. I think some of the Satanist outlook is often to energeticly feed on having violated taboos. I'm not saying that this covers the whole thing with Satanism but it is all a part of the dynamic involved in my opinion.

I don't think Satanists are surprised by some rejection for the most part. In fact I think they thrive on it overall.

never had anything against em but i always thought it was one type of satansim but duhh look at christianity

christianity, would probably crumble with out "satanism".

"the one of many names"
seems the most fair way to refer to him... because it is such an ancient massive long lost story,
a few thousand years old we know of with many views and interpretations, or any actual truths. which entails the premise of relating aspects of the 'under-world' from the start, but then, such is life.
~
confusions, blind spots, round-abouts, mystery, and fear.

facing this shit, and winning, you learn a lot about yourself.

i dont have a religious binding faith to this, but i acknowledge it,
and learn about it. when you start going back in time, and learning,
understanding our past, the present can bare a whole new Light.

and most of it isnt listed under devil worshiping, or satanism at your library...
-but mythology rather.
~;-)

^ you like to feel different and attention you get and thats what the whole attraction is for you, isnt it?

Yeah, I started agreeing with everything that was said, Swerlz, up until that little message you posted there.

This is pretty much everything you should know to get the jyst. And mind you, Anton's writings are mostly to be read in-between the lines and interpreted in your own sense. It has a deeper meaning than just the words them self.
Take #4 down there for example. If someone is in your house and annoying the shit out of you and creating a bad aura, then treat them the same way. (Sorry to refer Christianity but it has relevance to what I'm about to type.) The Christian Bible says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Well if someone is treating you like crap, especially in your own home, then maybe that means they want to be treated like crap too, since that's what they believe in! See, both come into each other, and again: reading in-between the lines. Interpreted in your own sense. Has a deeper meaning than just the words them self.
(Go here, too, for more info: www.churchofsatan.com

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080903090429AAQp5UV
(This gives more information and also discusses Redguard’s Book of Satan) - Also, this is all coming from Anton Szandor LaVey's "The Satanic Bible", then my own sayings in parentheses, italics and smaller print.
)

These are the basics:

1.) Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked. (If someone really wants your opinion, they will ask you. Same for yourself.)

2.) Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them. (Not everyone knows exactly what to say for you. In the end you must figure out your own problems, and you will, because you are the only thing you're truly ever in control of. Could also be interpreted as being a "burden"; bringing others down with you.)

3.) When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there. ("If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." Heard that before, right?)

4.) If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.(Read above paragraph again.)

5.) Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal. (Rape/Pushing it/Pressure = Bad. Consent/Given signals = Good. If some chick is obviously hitting on you, make your move. Side note: Right and wrong/good and bad is only in opinion. We all create our own God, Devil, Heaven and Hell. This also goes with #7 in the Nine Satanic Statements.)

6.) Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved. (No stealing. If someone says you can have it, asks if you want it, or gives it to you, then you take it if wanted.)

7.) Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained. (In-between the lines: Appreciate what you've got. Could also be interpreted as karma. "Magic", as he puts it, doesn't necessarily mean actual magic.)

8.) Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself. (If you're not going to do anything about it, then complaining about the situation, or whatever it may be, is not going to help either. You may be put off as "whiny". No harassment/offense/abuse meant by that at all, btw.)

9.) Do not harm little children. (Simple as that.)

10.) Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food. (Same goes with humans, except for the food part.)

11.) When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him. (Simple as that. If someone keeps nagging at you after you have already warned them to stop, then you take action. They are harming you and your stability/emotions/life just for their spite.)

The Nine Satanic Statements:

1.) Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence. (Read again - "REPRESENTS" - That follows through with what willow11 said in early posts of Satan being more of a "metaphor or the principal antagonist of the modern world". Although, I would think of him more as the basic symbolism for what man should do - live. Basically, why deny yourself of what you want and are capable of getting and who and WHAT you really are - a human being. Though at the same time, respect yourself and respect others.)

2.) Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams. (We, as human beings, are constantly trying to find an outside force, something, anything to help us with our own curious questionings; the journey of fulfillment - when we should be finding the answers within ourselves. *This next sentence also goes with #7, as well as #3 - We have the knowledge and capability to do/create/accomplish/find whatever we want/need. "Man has always created his gods, rather than his gods creating him." This also comes along with the constant debate over 'Reality vs. Fantasy'.)

3.) Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit. (Questioning something is completely different than claiming one thing then retorting randomly to anther, or creating a double negative for yourself - ex: Said to one person- "I like this" Said to another - "I don't like this". Or, "I like this, but it is stupid." Simple as that. - &When you are given something to help you out, but are not taking advantage of it or ruining the situation for yourself, then that's creating your own destruction. Ex: A friend of mine got a job at a bakery as a cook/baker, but quit because she did not like the cloths that were required to be worn. Simple as that. Self-deceit.)

4.) Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates. (Why be nice to someone who is going to intentionally hurt you; someone who doesn't appreciate your love/what you do for them and will pull you down?)

5.) Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek. (Only if someone has wronged you in the complete sense/meaning of the word, should you lash out back. Again, what they believe - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Well, again, they obviously wanted to be treated that way if that's how they felt. Hence, the Satanist's view - "Do unto others as they do unto you.")

6.) Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires. (For those of you who are not familiar with the term "psychic vampire", it is defined as a person who feels the need to feed off of a "life source"/"energy source". This could be described as the bully who constantly picked on you at school just to, taking it out on you, release his own hidden emotions and attempt to fill his empty shell of obliterated self-confidence. It's more masochistic than sadistic, really. You should more-so pity your bully then be afraid of him. &Most of people can be responsible, but not mature - or some mature but not responsible. Both combining into one can happen, but it takes a lot of self control, realization and concentration. This could, in some way, go along with the whole "Mind over Matter" thing.)

7.) Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of them all. (As I said in #2 - "We have the knowledge and capability to do/create/accomplish/find whatever we want/need. "Man has always created his gods, rather than his gods creating him." - We are constantly developing both physically, intellectually and even creatively - This being said, we start to question how we got here, why we are here, if there is something more, and start to develop ideas of what could or couldn't be. Although, we sometimes become overwhelmed by these ideas and create our own anxiety, therein creating our own destruction. If we should truly be scared of anything, it shouldn't be "global warming","having gas", wars, etc. - it should be ourselves. "You are your own worst enemy." "The one in the mirror is the one you most despise." Heard either of those before? )

8.) Satan represents all of the [what the Christians refer to as] sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification. [*Quoted from “The Satanic Bible”: “A Satanist knows there is nothing wrong with being greedy, as it only means that he wants more than he already has. Envy means to look with favor upon the possessions of others, and the be desirous of obtaining similar things for oneself. Envy and greed are the motivating forces of ambition – and without ambition, very little of any importance would be accomplished. – Gluttony is simply eating more than you need to keep yourself alive. When you have overeaten to the point of obesity, another sin – pride – will motivate you to regain an appearance that will renew your self-respect. – Anyone who buys an article of clothing for a purpose other than covering his body and protecting it from the elements if guilty of pride. Satanists often encounter [people] who maintain that labels are not necessary. It must be pointed out to these destroyers of labels that one or many articles they themselves are wearing are not necessary to keep them warm. There is not a person on this earth who is completely devoid of ornamentation. The Satanist points out that any ornamentation of the [persons] body shows that he, too, is guilty of pride(Unless sentimental). Regardless of how verbose the [person] may be in his intellectual description of how free he is, he is still wearing the elements or pride. – Being reluctant to get up in the morning is to be guilty of sloth, and if you lie in bed long enough you may find yourself committing yet another sin – lust. To have the faintest stirring of sexual desire is to be guilty of lust. In order to insure the propagation of humanity, nature made lust the second most powerful instinct, the first being self-preservation. (This next sentence and such has to deal with the point being made.) Realizing this, the Christian Church made fornication the “Original Sin”. In this way they made sure no one would escape sin. Your very state of being is as a result of sin – the “Original Sin”. – The strongest instinct in every living thing is self-preservation, which brings us to the last of the seven deadly sins – anger. Is it not our instinct for self-preservation that is aroused when someone harms us, when we become angry enough to protect ourselves from further attack? A Satanist practices the motto, “If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other!” Let no wrong go unredressed. Be as a lion in the path – be dangerous even in defeat!”]

9.) Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years. (Who has the finger always been pointed at? In just about every ‘god-like’ religion? Why do you think Jesus came down the earth in the first place? What many people don’t know is that Satan used to be the most beautiful and powerful angel sitting aside God. He was referred to as the Morning Star. Well, what do we wake up to every morning? Making the answer easier – what is another name for the sun? Simple as that.)

The four books in the Satanic Bible:
1. (FIRE) Book of Satan – The Infernal Diatribe
2. (AIR) Book of Lucifer – The Enlightenment
3. (EARTH) Book of Belial – The Mastery of the Earth
4. (WATER) Book of Leviathan – The Raging Sea

Sacrificing is out of the question. It was originally used to put in “life energy” to a victim then be ‘released’ for either ‘the god’ or for oneself to gain power. Although, considering “life energy” comes from ourselves and our own emotions/passions, then why kill an innocent creature when it’s going to do no good anyway?
Suicide is out of the question also. A true Satanist loves life and wallows in its splendors. We all die, but not everyone lives. A true Satanist believes that the only thing you should die for is a loved one. Other than that, strive to live and live to strive!

Satanism isn’t as dark as everyone/every other religion seems to put it off to be.
They just misinterpret it. Again – right and wrong/good and bad is only in opinion. We all create our own Devil, God, Heaven and Hell.

~DelilahHeartly

Last edited:
fuck man,
thanks....

perfectly put... and many shared views, that are a True challenge to explain -heh.

so misconstrued, so aalluurriinngg...

it is of self acknowledgment.
i am Gnostic,,, but the 'Light, the Truth in I and YOU, in all
when theres no fight or flight honesty. that is us in essence.
finding and becoming familiar with this, the essence of your surroundings
and others is more understood, and precious.

this, the poetry, literature and mythology and all that comes are the greatest thing i get out of it.
but this also translates into Gnosis in theory, as well.