• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

I have prepared a 20 mg. cap of omeprazole to take twenty minutes before the methadone. And I have also prepared 30 mg. of cyclobenzaprine, 25 mg. of doxylamine, 150 mg. of hidroxizine and 15 mg. of diazepam to take 45 minutes after the methadone. I have thought well to enhance the methadone dose. Am I right?

Also I have clonidine, quetiapine and a liquid herbal mixture of valerian, pssionflower, hawthorn and orange blossom to take drops. Can these be used as enhancers?

When I was once prescribed a stingy amount of morphine after a leg operation, even after I told them I am not sensitive and need more than an average person, I found a really powerful potentiator (most people would consider this overkill): Nozinan - levomepromazine (EU) /methotrimeprazine (US).

It's an old antipsychotic but also extremely strong as an analgesic; I wouldn't use it for recreational potentiation (or maybe a tiny amount if I specifically wanted to be immobile), but it boosts opioids a HELL of a lot. It's apparently co-administered with morphine, hydromorphone and other strong opioids in palliative care - and I can see why.

Supercharge yesterday my methadone dose as told and the result was a strong potentiation of the sedative aspect of the opioid effect with potent anxiolytic effect.

I read the first post something that sounds weird, Is cyclobenzaprine related to antihistamines?

Other enhancer related to clonidine is tizanidine.

Ok, I have half a G of some ok/decent H. I have 50 vals. took 2 sublingually earlier and I have 100MG of 'Done. I also took 25MG of Hydroxyzine to hope it'll work a bit to potentiate it and stop the itching.
I have a tolerance like a horse. Earlier i just swallowed 3 vals, I couldn't keep my eyes open for what just seemed like 30mins. but then I was outside, and had to keep my eyes open. I wonder if i only take 20 or 30mg of methadone,
along with the hydroxyzine and valium, if it will make it last longer and make me nod harder. I also took an anti-acid. and I'm about to take a Benadryl. I was given half a G of H for free cause of some
f*cked up stuff that i have to deal with in reguards to my mom's health. My best friend just threw some to me cause he knows i'm a nervous wreck. Had to go on ambien CR to sleep and that only makes me sleep like 4hrs.
I wonder if just 2 vals sublingually is enough. Oh yeah, I still have the 3 I swallowed 6hrs ago in my system. I guess it's go time.
:(

I'm adding to the Cimetidine thing. Hydrocodone metabolyzes into hydromorphone. Don't want INHIBIT process. Cimetidine is an inhibitor of CYP3A4 system. I tried the same thing and it LESSENED the effect. However, I tried Dilantin to INDUCE the process and got a stronger high but MUCH SHORTER. Sooo I found that it's best to leave the enzyme thing alone with hydrocodone- but ADDITIVE drugs do increase experience such as Vistaril.

(I have tolerance and experience with all the drugs I will name) If I take diphenhydramine (Benadryl), low dose amitriptyline (Tricyclic antidepressant), low dose dextromethorphan, clonazepam (Klonopin; benzodiazepines), and wash it down with a glass of freshly squeezed white grapefruit juice, (on an completely empty stomach) how much will this potentiate my hydrocodone? My usual recreational dose is 25 mg. What should dose should I take after using all these potentiators? Is using all these potentiators safe? Thanks =D

Omeprazole is almost useless for potentiation; use cimetidine.

Hydrocodone is primarily metabolized via CYP3A4, into norhydrocodone, an inactive metabolite. It is also metabolized, to a much lesser extent, into hydromorphone via 2D6. Whether or not 2D6 inhibition matters is a point of contention; BUT 3A4 metabolism is definitely a good thing, as it extends duration.

Best bet with hydrocodone is to drink 1.5-2 liters of white grapefruit juice, an hour beforehand, and then take the hydro with baking soda. I personally recommend Ocean Spray. This will push BA to near 100%, and make the hydro stronger, and last slightly longer. Cimetidine, or better yet a 3A4 selective inhibitor like erythromycin will extend duration.

But, IME, only WGJ significantly enhances hydro, and it still isn't as dramatic of an effect as say, methadone.(with WGJ)

And FYI, 1 glass of grapefruit, or 400mg of cimetidine won't do shit. You really need 1.5-2ltr WGJ, and 800mg Cimetidine.

I'm on 120 mgs methadone and I've tried every possible combination of taking cimetidine with methadone. The one thing i keep reading is to take it BEFORE your dose. Sometimes people say 1-2 hrs before. Cimetidine has a half life of around 20-30 minutes. Wouldn't this pretty much negate taking it at all since in 2 hrs when you take your dose it will mainly be out of your system or at a very low dose? Also when i take my methadone it takes about 2 hrs before i feel the effects. I can almost mark it to the minute. I'll be watching TV and 2 hrsto the dot later I'll notice the effects coming on. Anyway to speed this up?

i have tried a bunch of methods and honestly i never found something that really worked enough to try it again...except for 2 things.

the BEST OPIATE AND HEROIN POTENTIATORS
:

1....ALCOHOL.

Drinking liquor before a shot definitely increases the high. I dont know how this works but you feel the alcohol buzz then when you do a shot (IV dope) its like an another layer of highness wrapping arround the alcohol high. and it feels great. its not like when you are drunk and you smoke weed- that dizzy, out of it, warped high feeling. You dont get that , its a very chill high its not chaotic at all.

2, XANAX (or benzos in general)

best combination ever = xanax and dope. now a lot of people cant handle it so be careful. ive been taking xanax for years longer that i started with opiates so im very experienced with them. when i was sniffing dope, i would crush up a half a stick and mix 2 or 3 bags in there and sniff away. or you can sniff a stick or 2 then wait 5 mins and do a shot and bamm that shit smacks the fuck outta u. it increases the nod like a mofo . the thing with zans is you dont really know how high you are until its too late and you black out. this is a common noob mistake when you dont know your tolerance and how much u can handle. so start out low doses no more than 1mg at a time to be safe. but yea it makes u soo fuckin relaxed and increases yur nod . its very hard for me to even achieve a nod without xanax now.

oh well that was my 2 cents

Just my .02:
My tolerance is pretty low due to taking the summer (about 7 months total) off of opiate use, but I recently got a script of generic roxi 5mg. Nowadays it takes me AT LEAST 75mg+ to catch a decent buzz, but today I only had 70mg left to work with.

I woke up at about 8:30AM and downed roughly half an oz of olive oil (sounds gross, but I kinda like the taste) to aid in overall absorption and immediately parachuted 40mg. Maybe 5 minutes later I sniffed up another 20mg to attain a higher peak, even though I lost a little AUC and the oral probably hit me just as quick since my stomach was totally empty, but I like sniffing, smoking, and shooting. The ritual adds to the high for me :) As soon as I started to feel all that coming on (perhaps 10-15 minutes after the parachuted dose) I mainlined the remaining 10mg I had already prepped to get that extra 15ish% (in part to make up for lost BA from the insufflated dose and to satisfy my aforementioned ritualistic drug taking) and to get the effects into full swing as quickly as possible.

After that I chewed up 2 tums and chugged maybe 20oz of grapefruit juice and proceeded to enjoy the ride. Ordinarily this kind of dose would have me feeling just OK and only last around 2-3 hours. While subjectively I only managed to feel moderately better than OK (I'm talking about level of high/euphoria, etc. I don't have a habit that gets me dopesick anymore) I was on the nod for a good hour or two starting around 10:30-11:00AM, which NEVER happens to me with oxy! It is now almost 2:30PM and I've just been starting to come down over the last hour and am still feeling pretty good.

So IME/IMHO adding some fat probably boosted the high and an empty stomach obviously sped up the onset for me. The GFJ DEFINITELY extended the duration even though I've never had much luck with potentiation with GFJ or cimetidine. If I ever have oxys laying around again though I will probably stick to this method of dosing with some slight adjustments perhaps. I hope someone else has some luck stretching their supply if they try my routine. I highly recommend it!

-jkyl

Last edited:
I can't find a better place to post this..I'm new to blue light and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I'm a pain patient ..I've been on opioid therapy for 2 years and I'm a 28 year old female. have herniated disks. This is a cautionary post but it also may be helpful for ppl trying to get rid of back pain. Spinal nerve pain is soo hard to get rid of. Even strong opiates sometimes can't touch it.I was on oxycontin 15mg with 10 mg Norco for almost 2 years. I always ran out of my meds 2 weeks early. Finally my pain management doc switched me to ms contin 60mg twice a day. Was so shitty . my other combo was much better. I was going to ask to switch back. Then he put me on oxymorphone ER 7.5 mg 2x daily. The first two days I was disappointed. I mean this shit is supposedly about as strong as heroin. The third day I took two at a time for some relief. Not much better. A little better than the morphine but not much. I tried to potentiate it with a bud light..since alcohol potentiates oxymorphone up to 200%. Still no better. The BA oral is only 10%. The fourth day..I took two orally in the morning on an empty stomach . desperate for relief, I decided to crush and insufflate one. I've never snorted anything in my life. The generic oxymorphone ER is easy to crush..unlike opana ER brand name. This finally worked. It did Not gel up like I had read..and it didn't burn at all. I felt no back pain within 10 minutes!! Slight high but nothing like what the oxy and hydros did for me. About 5 hrs later I was driving and it hit me. I was not comfortable trying to drive back home..I was soo high. Not fun when you're driving though. I looked it up when I got home and saw that a fatty meal will increase the BA ( regardless of oral or intranasally bc most of it ends up in your stomach anyhow) by about 50%. I had bacon that morning. So there's a couple of potentiation tips with opana ER but start slow.. This isn't really a drug that you should take lightly as most of you can imagine. It is wonderful insufflated for those of you trying to get rid of this terrible curse known as back nerve pain.

Ranitidine, Promethazine, Cetirizine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Omeprazole, and Diclazepam is my routine if I am getting opiated....

Definitely depends on your tolerance with the Tylenol #4. Cyclobenzaprine should never be taken over 10mg. One pill. For real you will go into respiratory distress. The Yrs have 300mg Tylenol each so even if you have a high tolerance for the codeine you can't take more than 4 pills .. Really 1000mg Tylenol is the max dose so 1200 is pushing it. If you have no tolerance 60 to 120 mg of codeine will give you a good Buzz.

Omeprazole is almost useless for potentiation; use cimetidine.

Hydrocodone is primarily metabolized via CYP3A4, into norhydrocodone, an inactive metabolite. It is also metabolized, to a much lesser extent, into hydromorphone via 2D6. Whether or not 2D6 inhibition matters is a point of contention; BUT 3A4 metabolism is definitely a good thing, as it extends duration.

Best bet with hydrocodone is to drink 1.5-2 liters of white grapefruit juice, an hour beforehand, and then take the hydro with baking soda. I personally recommend Ocean Spray. This will push BA to near 100%, and make the hydro stronger, and last slightly longer. Cimetidine, or better yet a 3A4 selective inhibitor like erythromycin will extend duration.

But, IME, only WGJ significantly enhances hydro, and it still isn't as dramatic of an effect as say, methadone.(with WGJ)

And FYI, 1 glass of grapefruit, or 400mg of cimetidine won't do shit. You really need 1.5-2ltr WGJ, and 800mg Cimetidine.

Firstly, to a previous poster, may I ask if 'diclazepam' is actually CHLORDIAZEPAM? I looked it up and it does not appear to be a drug which is marketed anywhere at all, but was one of Sternbach's discoveries for ROCHE when investigating chlorination and fluoridation of classical BZDs in the early 1960s.

I have looked and looked and still can not find any (to me) valid chemical reasoning why a PPI such as lansoprazole or Omeprazole would potentiate any opioid at all. Anyone able to provide a good reason?
I am glad to see that you have correctly identified the secondary metabolite of Hydrocodone, which first metabolite is simply the dihydromorphine and codeine produced also by its parent drug, dihydrocodeine (Hydrocodone is more properly chemically named dihydrocodeineone). Usually encountered as the tartrate, the ketonal version you discuss is molecularly a natural for the BItartrate due to the structure, which may be seen in 3D on the relevant article on Wikipedia. Note also the extremely small changes to that molecule which result in the dihydrocodeineone having a potency of around three or four times that of the original dihydrocodeine.

Your dosage of cimetidine is way too high for anybody to take for any reason whatever. The stuff. DOES have a ceiling you know, and 800mg is way above that.
Having required thanks to insufficient prescribing over the past few years to potentiate my opioids (OxyContin, being in the UK that means REAL OxyContin, not the pretend stuff sold now in the USA which uses an MR formulation which actually inhibits the bioavailability and therefor the overall analgesia obtained from any dosage given; and my rescue drugs, dipipanone with cyclizine tabs 10/30mg three prn, dextromoramide tartrate tabs 5mg FOUR or FIVE prn, Oxynorm caps 20/10/5mg dosage 35mg, hydromorphone hydrochloride caps IR 2.6mg four or five prn and diamorphine hydrochloride tabs 10mg four prn, 200mg cimetidine plus 25-50mg cyclizine and carisoprodol tabs either 350 or 500mg (if you can find it since the almost worldwide ban in 2007 - India and a couple of Soth American countries appear to be the only places where it may now be procured, oh, and South Africa as well but the carisoprodol I have had originating there has always been of the worst possible quality - Argentina produces the finest, Listaflex brand - is quite sufficient to bring my analgesia back up to former levels.
The banning of carisoprodol was also a great blow to me as it is, because of drug interactions with current Rx and side effects of all other available SMRs it is the ONLY medicine which is able to help with my long standing lumbar muscular problem. The potentiation factor was really a great bonus, now I must pay vastly inflated costs for this once cheap and common drug which is now one of the most difficult to find in the entire world. And the Indian brands which are affordable (just - they appear to be targetting US customers with their profiteering there) are not exactly as good as the CARISOMA that I used to be prescribed in 350mg tabs. Opioid analgesics do nothing for that kind of pain, I use those for completely different conditions.

Grapefruit juice, as far as I can make out, has little effect on metabolism of drugs acting at opioid receptors but a huge effect on those which process benzo and thieno diazepines, barbiturates and alcohol. Can you refer me to any study which connects the use of these enzymes with opiates, semi synthetics and synthetic opioids or any other drug acting at mu-receptor sites?

As far as antihistamine potentiators are concerned, dipipanone tablets are not combined with cyclizine just for the enhanced antiemesis but because cyclizine has been known for over sixty years to enhance the potency of synthetic opioids. It is also used by 'recreational' users of opiates/oids as such, and is available OTC as VALOID but now only in 50mg dosage.

I need potentiation because of bad doctoring principally. And the opiophobia of the UK NHS which has grown over the past 20 years, as has benzophobia, to the extent that there are now only NINE of the 45 (or 46) marketed BZDs listed in the BNF, and the withdrawal of opiates and opioids carries on apace - the newer combo SNRI opioids (tramadol, tapentadol) which are effective in only around 50-60% of the population, SNRIs being almost as badly tolerated as SSRIs to what is an absolutely MASSIVE clinical degree given that 1/100 is described as 'extremely common' when discussing side effects in academic parlance. 1/1,000 'common'.

Let us hope that the people who are most interested in this thread are so because of the clinical implications of insufficient prescribing now taking place and not purely for the pleasure principle.

Last edited:
Post script:
Cimetidine and ranitidine in high dosages such as the ridiculous ones suggested above can have paradoxical effect.
Just a little piece of info that might be of interest to those suffering reflux or similar.