• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Chronic Pain MEGA Thread

I know how you feel, aplumgirl. I get so depressed and self shame because of my injuries and my myriad of health problems. One of the biggest contributors to my bad health is a terminal illness of which I inherited from both of my parents. I have siblings, but none of them got this dreaded disease and I feel like no one understands what I am going through...only my late father knew how bad this is, as he was stricken with it too. No cure, only treatment, and that has come full circle for me, as I now cannot treat my illness the way I used to because it was taken too far and my levels of minerals in my blood has become too low and now I am dealing with the bad side effects from that. It's horrible, and I too am fighting with a vision of who I used to be...I used to run 7 miles a day, 3-4 days a week, on the sand of a sunny California beach while I had great grades and friends and a beautiful girlfriend, and even a band of sorts... Life was amazing. Now, I lay each day on the couch with pillows propping my neck and feet up, staring off into the television or reading endlessly on BL and other sites. I always read Vice News and Mother Jones and record all the ABC, CBS, and PBS newscasts. I also watch Dateline mysteries and shows like that, which are very depressing in their nature. I guess it is somehow comforting to see/read about others who are in misery too. But, this was something I never used to do...I was so active and always had a great sense of humor, joking and making all my friends and family laugh. Now, I'm lucky if I see anyone other than my mum for a week or two. It's so sad, I'm crying right now...I just want to have relationships again. But, I can't hardly walk most days, much less be able to go out and enjoy life...

Oh, it is so hard. But, I have to keep trying...as the only other way out is dying. And, I'm not ready for that right now... I'm still young enough to have a life if I can somehow deal with this pain and depression that comes with it......f'hew, :X

Drizzle I'm constantly amazed at how people from all walks of life who share chronic pain seem to relate in SOUTH many ways. I find it very reassuring, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. It keeps me mindful of the fact that this is my life and parts of it really sucks but the alternative is not much of a choice either.

I gather strength from knowing I've fought this fight for so long that it's gonna feel normal soon lol. I also watch a lot of TV. I have severe neck problems so lying in bed is sometimes all I can manage and TV helps pass the time. I used to watch shows like dateline as well but I've given up on all the national media for a while. I stream most shows these says.

On another note, I saw my jackass Dr today. I'm not sure I've ever met a more worthless person in my life. He decided today the only way to ease my pain is focal point injections. Duh!! As I have no health insurance, that's too expensive a solution. Hopefully in November I'll have insurance, please God!!! I'm going to ask for a nerve block pump as well as a pain pump to hopefully end all this constant pain!

Oh well, I made it another month. Maybe I can try tapering mess again this month. Everyone have a safe happy day!

Sup pain peeps? Just dropping a short line. Life has been crazy so I skipped town and came down to my dads at the beach. So far it's been very healing especially the ocean. There was a heavenly cool breeze coming off of it yesterday and it relaxed me to a point where I couldn't move and almost dozed off. I'll be going there a lot with my songbook and headphones and write some lyrics. My pain script was dated today but I messaged my dr and she moved it to last Tuesday so I could leave. Since I never have asked on 2.5 yrs she was cool. I have begun my taper off the dilaudid. I'm allowed 6 a day and I'm on 5 for 5 days then 4 and so on till a half pill 5 days then I'm done thank God. I invested in some Suboxone just in case I get wd and I know how to get on then quickly taper off of that stuff. I haven taken my MS Contin in 13 days and didn't fill it Thursday. I'm in a little bit more pain and I know ityll get worse as I taper but I'm willing to pay that price to be opiate free. I hurt anyway bc of my tolerance. There are many reasons but one main reason I'm stopping. If you would like to know more just PM me. I don't mind talking about it but not here. Anyway, I'm pretty determined about this. I don't wanna get out to my kids and have them ever see me pill sick and shit. I'm also getting off a couple other of my Meds. I have been a zombie on all these Meds and I want to be alert and present for my kids, you know? Lots of drastic change needs to happen in my life for me to have joy in my life and it ain't just gonna happen. I have to make it happen. I also think I recently met my future wife so just getting to know eachother has been a wonderful, positive experience. Anyway, that's where I'm at y'all. Hope everything is well.

RTP- I'm leaving in 2 months for my long trip across the country to my kids. I'll be here for 2 weeks so when I get home I'll have month and half to get prepared. I've already started. I'm so excited to get a hug and kiss from my little girl. That will be my motivation when I'm tired or stressed on the road. Should take me 3 days or so. I'll be in a motel for a week or two until I find s place but it shouldn't take long at all. I have good rental references and I have to go to public housing to get something in my price range and gonna take me awhile to get shit in there like couch and recliner and all that. Anyway, send me PM sometime and we'll chat. I hope things are good in Oz!! Take care

aplum and closeau: Reading both of your posts, hearing from you...well, it made my day so much better! I can't believe knowing others are in similar situations to myself re: chronic pain and mood issues... just magical.

Being this is a US holiday week-end, as well as my daughter's birthday week-end means that I will be hosting a family dinner. I woke up anxious for several reasons: I do have to clean, at least to the best of my ability, and have to cook. Also, tomorrow, Saturday, is the designated delivery date for one of my prescribed meds. I am soooo nervous... with issues in the past of the pharmacy running out and not telling me until the last minute, and it being a holiday week-end with the traffic maybe affecting the delivery... well, I am sure others understand. I have several of my IR pills left, but have used them in order to get my grocery shopping done, as well as getting my back patio area cleaned up in case my family wants to hang outside. I have just enough pills to get through to Sat. at 10am... then I am counting on that refill showing up... at least sometime before noon.

I feel anxious that I have to use only one designated pharmacy and I have to have my pills delivered, if I am to remain at my current pain management doctor. What a great reason to taper down, and want to quit... but then I feel better and get relief and back on the roller coaster of emotions and feelings.

Tomorrow is the best day of the month to set a goal of tapering... a reasonable goal, and then stick to it. I will have a full month's supply of my ER medication which works well. However, after several days, I build tolerance and then up my dosage. That just does not work for the long term. I need to remember that by gently reducing my dosage I will never have to suffer cold turkey symptoms again, b/c I will have extras to cushion that time, if it does happen.

I wish you both a wonderful and pain free day... enjoy that beautiful ocean, closeau, and hang in there, aplumgirl... I hope you get that health insurance so that you can explore different pain reduction treatments!

Here at the ocean enjoying the breeze. We had remnants of that hurricane yesterday. It got pretty rough actually. My dad lives about 5 miles from the water but just a lot of flooding. It's hot in the sun but up on the deck in the shade it's beautiful. I'm so more relaxed than I was before I came. My dads gf is cruising for a cuss out cause she's a snobby bitch and has no respect and my dad is losing his memory pretty bad. I'm really concearned!! He blames it on his Ambien but it ain't that cause he's on a baby dose and only takes it 2-3 times a week cause he doesn't want to mix with alcohol but he drinks every day. I'm gonna talk to him about going to the Dr to get an MRI or however they detect dementia and stuff. I pray it's not that but if it is we need t know now. It's really bad. Yesterday he told me the same thing 5 times in about 10 min until his gf snapped at him to at attention. She almost got it right there. It's not him not paying attention it's something in his brain. It's frustrating t deal with but its not his fault. I can't imagine one day me walking in and him not recognizing me but we see.

My taper is coming along ok I guess. Haven't broke it yet. I didn't realize how much the MS Contin helped my pain till I was off of it. I'm down to 40mg of dilaudid a day. I do have increased pain and some minor wd symptoms but it's nothing I can't handle. I see the head of my pain clinic the 13th so I'm sure he'll have input into my taper. I don't wanna go back up on the opiates but maybe he can give me some Clonidine or Librium for the wd crap. It's just annoying more than anything. Runny nose and eyes and a bit of restlessness but not that jump out of skin full wd shit. I never wanna feel that again. I'm still very determined. I mean just a coupe of months ago I was taking 4 dilaudid at once so I've came a long way. I have my script for MS Contin ready for pickup and I'm thinking about filling it and taking half in the morning when I hurt worse. Might as well. I do feel a lot better mentally and I can kinda feel some testosterone coming back. I still have awhile to go before I move so I'm not rushed but sooner I'm off this poison the better. My pain is my pain. It's lifelong and it sucks but unless I have another setback in my health or the sin is just unbearable I'll stay away from the opiates. Anyway, I hope all my aim eps are well. Hang in there if you're suffering and take care:)

Im in pain cos i was in a mortorbike accident now im addicted to thdxse fucking oxycodine for life

^Many of us are in your situation Flakka, you'll find friends in this forum empathic & supportive.

Opiates are definitely a double edged sword?

Rtp

aplum and closeau: Reading both of your posts, hearing from you...well, it made my day so much better! I can't believe knowing others are in similar situations to myself re: chronic pain and mood issues... just magical.

Being this is a US holiday week-end, as well as my daughter's birthday week-end means that I will be hosting a family dinner. I woke up anxious for several reasons: I do have to clean, at least to the best of my ability, and have to cook. Also, tomorrow, Saturday, is the designated delivery date for one of my prescribed meds. I am soooo nervous... with issues in the past of the pharmacy running out and not telling me until the last minute, and it being a holiday week-end with the traffic maybe affecting the delivery... well, I am sure others understand. I have several of my IR pills left, but have used them in order to get my grocery shopping done, as well as getting my back patio area cleaned up in case my family wants to hang outside. I have just enough pills to get through to Sat. at 10am... then I am counting on that refill showing up... at least sometime before noon.

I feel anxious that I have to use only one designated pharmacy and I have to have my pills delivered, if I am to remain at my current pain management doctor. What a great reason to taper down, and want to quit... but then I feel better and get relief and back on the roller coaster of emotions and feelings.

Tomorrow is the best day of the month to set a goal of tapering... a reasonable goal, and then stick to it. I will have a full month's supply of my ER medication which works well. However, after several days, I build tolerance and then up my dosage. That just does not work for the long term. I need to remember that by gently reducing my dosage I will never have to suffer cold turkey symptoms again, b/c I will have extras to cushion that time, if it does happen.

I wish you both a wonderful and pain free day... enjoy that beautiful ocean, closeau, and hang in there, aplumgirl... I hope you get that health insurance so that you can explore different pain reduction treatments!

Hey mom, I feel like such an asset for not being in here much. My pain over the past q0 days was almost unbearable! I cried at least on each both weeks wanting the pain to go away.

I hope your holiday/birthday weekend turned out well. I'm sure your family appreciated your effort because we know how hard that must have been! Total empathy!!!!

I have to say since Sunday night I've been doing SO much better! Almost zero pain and little use of oxy. I hesitate to speak of it for fear it might not last. I'll be taking a pill soon because my daughter has Dan r class and sitting in the chairs they have is terrible!

I pray each and everyone one of you gets relief and comfort for whatever you're going through!

Hey mom, I feel like such an asset for not being in here much. My pain over the past q0 days was almost unbearable! I cried at least on each both weeks wanting the pain to go away.

I hope your holiday/birthday weekend turned out well. I'm sure your family appreciated your effort because we know how hard that must have been! Total empathy!!!!

I have to say since Sunday night I've been doing SO much better! Almost zero pain and little use of oxy. I hesitate to speak of it for fear it might not last. I'll be taking a pill soon because my daughter has Dan r class and sitting in the chairs they have is terrible!

I pray each and everyone one of you gets relief and comfort for whatever you're going through!

Please forgive me for autocorrect, I hate it and look elsewhere it at the same time.

Hi all, I came across both Hydro and oxy , despite snorting hydro in water I find that itnis not even 2times more potent per weight than oxy. I just took 22mg hydro and would compare this to maximum 30mg oxy. I have read that hydro is 5 times more potent than morphine and oxy is 1.5 times more potent than morphine making hydro supposed to be 3.6 times more potent than oxy but that is definately not true for me. Am I the only one feeling this is wrong? Mabe when they calculated for hydro they counted it as IV? There is definately a mistake in the equianalgesic chart Imo!

Well, it's the end of the month and I'm sure you know where I'm at: 1 complete day short of pills! God, this sucks! I always thought oxycontin and oxycodone were for cancer pain. I dreamed how strong it must be to treat such terrible pain. Well, I don't have cancer but I'm taking both these meds for chronic pain and BARELY feel a thing!!!

I've decided I'm pretty much done! I don't live in a state with legal marajuana but according to rezearch, there are marajuana pills that ARE legal. I'm going to ask my doc Thursday if he'll prescribe that. If not I'm going Rogue and buying pot legal or not.

Have any of you gone this route? Did you find either one effective for chronic pain and muscle spasms? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hope everyone else is in better condition than me!!

Hello fellow chronic pain sufferers, allow me to introduce myself. I have a condition so rare no-one's ever heard of it (NMO), but it's similar enough to MS that it's easiest to say that that's what I have because you kind of get tired of having to explain it constantly. One of the things that sets it apart from MS though is that neuropathic pain is a much more prominent feature, pathognomic even. Some days I have little pain, some days it's so bad I've bitten holes in my cheeks and scraped the skin off my hands with my nails. You all know the drill, I'm sure :(

My state (VIC, Aus) has recently legalised medicinal cannabis for a small number of conditions. This will be expanded of course and I should be able to get a special dispensation to get a prescription. Hopefully for something that's not blow-your-head-off levels of THC because sometimes you're not in the mood for that white-knuckle thrill ride, you just wanna get a little toasted and a lot comfortable.

Hotgirls LOL!! I was going to be the BL police and report this post, thinking it was some picture with a virus attached... wildly inappropriate for the chronic pain thread. Instead, it appears you have a very clever user name. Welcome! I am sorry to hear that you are one of us, and that your pain reaches intense levels. I live in a state where both medical and recreational marijuana is legal. I have no interest in it whatsoever for personal reasons; however, I have heard good things from some friends with pain issues, as well as other medical conditions. I hope you are able to obtain the type of product that helps make you more comfortable - and pain levels less intense.

aplumgirl: Hi.. I haven't read one of your posts in awhile.. sorry to hear that things are not going better. I live in a state where both medical and recreational marijuana is legal. I do not use it; however, some of the people at my pain management clinic have told me that when they use a little at night, it enhances the effects of their opiates and relaxes them, helping them experience better and more restful sleep. I think they are very knowledgeable re: different strains, etc. and form of marijuana they use so that they optimize the type of healing effect they are trying to achieve.

aplumgirl: Hi.. I haven't read one of your posts in awhile.. sorry to hear that things are not going better. I live in a state where both medical and recreational marijuana is legal. I do not use it; however, some of the people at my pain management clinic have told me that when they use a little at night, it enhances the effects of their opiates and relaxes them, helping them experience better and more restful sleep. I think they are very knowledgeable re: different strains, etc. and form of marijuana they use so that they optimize the type of healing effect they are trying to achieve.

Thanks for replying mama,

Wish I lived in a state where pot was legal, I sure need one after that debate!! Lol! I'm so square in terms of recreational drugs I couldn't tell the difference between one strain vs another!

I just can't see paying $300 a month for my Dr and meds that aren't even working!!! I have to find a new solution.

@mracid, are you referring to hydrocodone or hydromorphone? Remember hydroCodone is to codeine what hydroMorphone is to morphine. Eg: 5 x stronger or whatevs the tables tell you.

@aplumgirl, sorry you are a whole day short of pills,- but that shouldn't cause too much of an issue.... When it's a week or so, that's when it gets truly tough. I tried the odd few joints before bed a while back, can't remember a pain reduction,- just bumping into walls on the way to my bedroom. Lol, good for sleep! Are you sure your tolerance levels aren't just shot & u need to ask your PM dr for an increase?

Welcome @Hotgirls, I'm in Vic, OZ also. Suffer neuropathic pain also a host of other types.
Sadly, I believe the thc content has been extracted from the newly avail mmj. Still, if you suffer a similar process to MS, it might be helpful when available!

Glad to hear an update, just where are the oldies?? SKR, banana, Dixi, sk, etc❤️

Rtp

Hey there RTP: Nice to see you posting on The Dark Side. Because this forum addresses mental health issues, maybe others don't browse here. The guidelines are a bit different as well... I like them very much. I interpret them as asking us to be kind and tolerant as many of us are suffering from mental health issues; tough love is not really encouraged... it could be interpreted as critical, and that could send someone into a dark spiral. I feel so safe here... this thread has been incredibly supportive.

I am not talking about you!!! You have been a God send to me... remember our PM's? You are intelligent and experienced and helped me a lot!

Last edited:
Hey everybody...Some familiar names here I see, some "new" folks. I post most frequently in Pain Mega Thread V7. I confess I've gone off into the proverbial ditch of despair of late. I've posted very little, since I feel I have no encouragement to offer anyone.

Thanks for asking about me, RTP. :) How are you? I will head over to the PAIN PEEP forum to post an update next.

First I wanted to comment on the MMJ thing. I've been doing some experimenting with MMJ for several months now. Aplumgirl...I, like you, had ZERO experience with this stuff. I still don't really, as it's too much for my old brain to process. It's just too damn complicated unless you're a chemist IMO. I've started threads asking about strain specifics, asking for mentors, etc. I've had multiple responses, but no one to take me under their wing, so to speak.

Yes, I know I can UTFSE, but I just get more confused. Since I don't want to double post, I will go over to PMMTV7 and explain the trials of MMJ thus far over this summer. It ranges from sublingual oils to RSO to smoking (water pipe) to now vaping. I, too, live in a state where it isn't legal but don't give a rat's ass if I can find a strain/method to help me.

My disease, though lethal to my organs, is not terminal. My despair IS. I'm desperately sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm at a crossroads, yet seriously considering taking the exit.

POkemama...Good to see you, too. I haven't typed with you since your PCH road trip last year! I lost touch with both you and ruralgram? in AL.

I would love to have someone to talk (type) to. Pain is isolating, even in a football stadium. I continue to work full time, but have to keep the façade of "I'm great...How are you?" by pressing the flesh and kissing the cheeks to win contracts. My husband wants me to retire and focus on myself. The mere thought terrifies me.

:eek:

My Dr's a fucking asshat dickhead!! I'm done. I left with my Rxs and called the pharmacy to make sure he couldn't cancel the prescriptions if I fired him!

Funniest thing is he won't get paid lol! Serves that POS right!

Aplumgirl: Could you share more details... what happened??? You sound upset!