• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2 Months After MDMA, still feeling messed up...

Just so one knows, it's not the mdma that caused this. It's STRESS. The same thing happened to me after just from alcohol. I could go into more detail but I'm sure it's from stress, the chronic stress messes up ones hpa axis, resulting in these types of symptoms.

things that have helped me.. eating low carb, keeping blood sugar stable. Cutting out wheat and dairy. Eating more veggies, complex carbs like brown rice, buckwheat, sweet potatoes. And not eating too much fats either. And this stuff called MMS helped a lot.
You have to keep ANY amount of stress to your body to zero or your body won't be able to recover. That means keeping your blood sugar stable, not doing anything that pushes your body, and getting enough sleep.
I guarantee if you really are very strict with your diet, eating no simple carbs, that includes fruit. You will feel better. Maybe not 100% better, but you will feel to some degree better.

Wow this is so crazy I feel the same way drizzydrake one night i did cocaine i suffered a severe panic attack lasting a day after and ever since i feel out of it , not myself , my vision seems strange/blurry . have you found anything to help you yet i have been suffering like this for 4 months now and im terrified im going stay like this forever !! Ive seen doctor after doctor had a ct scan blood work and nothing comes up i also noticed i developed bowel problems dont know if thats related or not but it happened at the same time !

It's dp/dr, related to stress not brain damage. No more drugs for a while, if you stop tripping about it it will slowly get better. Stressing about stress will leave you more stressed.

I got mine from dirty E, been 5 months and I'm almost out of it.

Keep your head up a ton of people get it and a ton more snap out of it. Mine is barely noticeable besides the blurry vision. Keep a daily log of how disassociated you are on a scale from one to ten, you will start to notice trends of what triggers it ect.

I went to a shrink and she said that if it is drug induced and it fluctuates in intensity it is not perminant. It may be around for a while but you can work on mindfulness tricks to make you MUCH more comfortable.

Stop reading about it online and get outside and enjoy life.

I have gone through something similar, it takes months for the brain to reach homoeostasis and return to normal, it does repair itself, anything after that like panic attacks, not being able to focus, thinking of what to say, it is stress, believe me.
You need to look in to CBT and mindfulness.

The brain wires itself for whatever you are doing, if you are at college for a year doing a high tier course you become a nerd, if you go out partying and drinking you are like a narcissist. If you are coming off drugs for months you are gonna be a wreck and the negative thinking patterns stays.

Fish oil helps A LOT. Also try liquid chlorophyll, a multi and weight training but not every day, building muscle and burning calories allows you to put more nutrients in to your body and you can feel better, this along with mindfulness CBT can rewire your brain back to normal or atleast close.

You should be occupied with socializing, working and weight training and eating healthy.

I had DP/DR, panic attacks, nystagmus, for months, I noticed it got better around the 6-12 month mark.

I dont understand why i have bowel problems now i swear i really did some damage to my nervous system and this blurred vision thing i wish i could concur im severly depressed now i have a 5 month old son and its ruining our life together cause i have no ambition what so ever :( i just cry and try to relate to people on the internet cause no doctor understands and tells me its anxiety... but anxiety doesnt cause constant blurred strange vision :( :(

Yes it does. Its derealization. I have it and I am not anxious at all, my vision gets blurry here and there but I am fine. You will be ok, this happens to a lot of people. It eventually goes away. You need to step it up for your son.

Yes it does. Its derealization. I have it and I am not anxious at all, my vision gets blurry here and there but I am fine. You will be ok, this happens to a lot of people. It eventually goes away. You need to step it up for your son.

I agree with this you really need to step up with your son, spend time with him.

If you have blurry vision you might have nystagmus, see a doctor and tell them to do an eye test.

You should break a good sweat 3x a week, weight training would be better.

Although it is stress and anxiety caused by the MDMA you guys can't just say it is anxiety, ignore it and it will go away. Many people have tried that and obviously it doesn't go away. How can you just ignore your vision changed and things having a different look/vibe to it. It does go away, so have faith but it may take some time. Serotonin plays a large role in your perception as well as the many other functions it has in your brain. So when your forcing most of your serotonin out in one night , your gonna view things differently while it slowly comes back. That's why the visuals look so vivid and nice while rolling. Anyways if anyone wants to PM me about this feel free, i've been through it all with my rolling days. Had every symptom you guys have explained, i would search up psychological disorders and such every single day and self diagnose. Best thing to do is to stop reading about it, as you are in a confused state you may take things wrong. Even though life seems different try your best to just live it, things will go back to normal trustttt me.

i believe im partially in the same boat as many folks here, just that i took ssri while doing mdma. I believe the ssri left me with some permanent damage, among them the inability to experience peaks of emotions (emotional blunting, thats the term). So im quite ok on the emotional aspect, its just the concentration/attentionspam/intelligente thats been fucked up for the last 4 years. I think ill try either bupoprion or piracetam: for the moment im done with SSRI, they fucked up my genitals and it took a while to get em back, and not even 100%. Honestly the lack of concrete solutions in these last 7 pages of forum entries is absolutely demoralizing.

I dont understand why i have bowel problems

There is more serotonin in your digestive system than in your brain. You've horked your serotonin system, so digestive problems can occur.

Reading that you have a 5 month old son makes me feel for you two. You should value that you have someone who loves and needs you, and let that help you.

Hi guys, this is my first post. i have been reading the forum and decided to register and join in the chats.

For those who are concerned with psychological issues, such as depression, negative thoughts, wild imaginations, suspicions. etc, the most important thing to note is Self-Awareness. We are aware now that MDMA causes all sorts of psychological mess-up, and while we are fighting this after-math (God knows how long it really lasts), we should be utterly aware of our emotions and its induced thoughts.

Be aware of thoughts that inspire your emotions, such as anger, jealousy, fear, etc. Know that these emotions are not real because they are induced by the messed up state of mind. Just dismiss these thoughts and do not focus on them. It is more than just the impoverish serotonin in the brain it has to do with the psyche. We strengthened the illusion of "self" with mdma. There are a lot more i wish to discuss here, but let's do it slowly. My advise is, don't touch this E anymore. it does more harm than you know and it continues to harm you for many many years even after you quit.

Don't say you took MDMA unless you know for a fact it was MDMA. When you take "pills" you put your trust in the hands of the manufacturer to give you a mix of chemicals that will be safe. "Ecstasy" no longer means MDMA anymore to me. It means some cocktail of stimulants from the other side of the railroad tracks.

If you're having psychological problems and you can't stand it, stop taking drugs. You're only making the drug users who have a good time look bad.

Yes, I too wonder if it is in fact E everyone is talking about in this thread.. Most times lately I have seem many of "non-ecstasy" pills, while in fact are dangerous, seem to also cause problems as listed with some of these people. Kind of like a time ago when I had a elongated binge on methylone and 4MEC, I experienced long periods of "problems"(depersonalization, depression, anxiety, etc.)..... Please take this into consideration when taking unknown substances because it is in fact not a safe practice and I can almost assure occurance of problems such as the ones stated.. Greets

please respond drizzydrake

Please respond too me. i have to talk to you... [email protected]....
i dunno my vision seems kinda like Staticky/like im in a dream - also i went for a run today in a trail and noticed that i cant really get a grip on my surroundings - i cant feel the feeling of what it should be like to be there... its hard to explain... its like i cant grasp the atmosphere of places and situations.... please respond... [email protected] i need to talk to you badly.... i hope ur still on here

i feel so fuckin lost....

I can see that this thread is pretty old now and this post may not get seen but I read this entire thread a few months ago and had the exact same problems. 3 months ago today I went to Berghain in Berlin I took Cocaine, MDMA and ecstasy. I never normally do drugs and certainly did more than I could handle. I had a panic attack in the club, I couldn't breathe properly, my heart was beating faster than I've ever felt, I felt dizzy, my mouth was uncontrollably gurning, my eyes were wide open and I had trouble controlling my breathing, I literally thought I was going to die that night. I felt this way for about an hour whilst my friends gave me water and I danced to use up the rush of energy and try and forget about the panic.

After an hour or so I had calmed down slightly but my heartbeat was still rapid and my eyes and jaw were out of control. I left the club, got to the place I was staying and in to bed... I remember lying in bed with an insanely fast heartbeat thinking that this could be it and that I might die in my sleep. The three days following the incident, everything felt surreal. I felt on edge, restless and not in the mood to eat or drink really, I didn't feel any anxiety but I felt heavy depersonalisation and just did not feel myself at all, my friends noticed that I was still tapping my feet, tapping my hands. I found it hard to stop moving.

2 days on I was back in the UK and went to work. I had a full blown panic attack on my first day back. I felt I was going to die, I couldn't breath properly and was fighting to stay conscious. I noticed that things like tea, coffee, green tea... Anything with caffeine really brought on the panic attacks. Anxiety kicked in like a bitch from this point onwards. I took HTP5 and Berocca each day. I started to feel safe when at home and work but the second I stepped outside I was hit with heavy depersonalisation and anxiety and the feeling as if I was in the Matrix. I started to stay at home a lot as I felt the most safe. The worry about being outside was the fear of having a panic attack in public. I spent ages researching online and it always came back with "Panic Disorder"/ "Agoraphobia" and It started to freak me out thinking that I'd be stuck like this forever!

I went to a doctor that prescribed me Propanalol which is used to slow your heart beat down to avoid anxiety. It sort of worked to rid the anxiety but did nothing for the depersonalisation and made me feel sluggish. I was then prescribed Zoloft which is an antidepressant... that made things 100x worse and made me feel the worst yet. The doctor told me to look in to mindfulness/meditation and joked that he realised it sounded like hippy bullshit but it could seriously help. I started doing the mindfulness exercises which you can find online easily and they did help to make me feel a lot more relaxed. Granted... they won't heal you immediately but it was a big step for me in the healing process and it can't hurt to try.

After 3 months of feeling anxious and struggling everyday with what has honestly been the most horrible life experience I've had, I am now 100% better. My anxiety has gone and depersonalisation has vanished too. It's been a long 3 months but I got over it and so can you. Exercise, healthy eating, mindfulness/meditation, watching shit tv, avoiding caffeine, avoiding alcohol are the key things that brought me back to reality. I would definitely avoid taking medication. What you've done is because of drugs, don't try and treat it with more drugs, just let your brain sort itself out naturally :)

If you're going through this sort of thing then do not worry, you will get better. It's not like an alcohol hangover that lasts a day. As you can see from previous posters on this thread it can take months and months until you're better. You've fried your brain and it just needs to recover. Best of luck and if you have any other questions or worries, feel free to pm me. I'm happy to help.

I can see that this thread is pretty old now and this post may not get seen but I read this entire thread a few months ago and had the exact same problems. 3 months ago today I went to Berghain in Berlin I took Cocaine, MDMA and ecstasy. I never normally do drugs and certainly did more than I could handle. I had a panic attack in the club, I couldn't breathe properly, my heart was beating faster than I've ever felt, I felt dizzy, my mouth was uncontrollably gurning, my eyes were wide open and I had trouble controlling my breathing, I literally thought I was going to die that night. I felt this way for about an hour whilst my friends gave me water and I danced to use up the rush of energy and try and forget about the panic.

After an hour or so I had calmed down slightly but my heartbeat was still rapid and my eyes and jaw were out of control. I left the club, got to the place I was staying and in to bed... I remember lying in bed with an insanely fast heartbeat thinking that this could be it and that I might die in my sleep. The three days following the incident, everything felt surreal. I felt on edge, restless and not in the mood to eat or drink really, I didn't feel any anxiety but I felt heavy depersonalisation and just did not feel myself at all, my friends noticed that I was still tapping my feet, tapping my hands. I found it hard to stop moving.

2 days on I was back in the UK and went to work. I had a full blown panic attack on my first day back. I felt I was going to die, I couldn't breath properly and was fighting to stay conscious. I noticed that things like tea, coffee, green tea... Anything with caffeine really brought on the panic attacks. Anxiety kicked in like a bitch from this point onwards. I took HTP5 and Berocca each day. I started to feel safe when at home and work but the second I stepped outside I was hit with heavy depersonalisation and anxiety and the feeling as if I was in the Matrix. I started to stay at home a lot as I felt the most safe. The worry about being outside was the fear of having a panic attack in public. I spent ages researching online and it always came back with "Panic Disorder"/ "Agoraphobia" and It started to freak me out thinking that I'd be stuck like this forever!

I went to a doctor that prescribed me Propanalol which is used to slow your heart beat down to avoid anxiety. It sort of worked to rid the anxiety but did nothing for the depersonalisation and made me feel sluggish. I was then prescribed Zoloft which is an antidepressant... that made things 100x worse and made me feel the worst yet. The doctor told me to look in to mindfulness/meditation and joked that he realised it sounded like hippy bullshit but it could seriously help. I started doing the mindfulness exercises which you can find online easily and they did help to make me feel a lot more relaxed. Granted... they won't heal you immediately but it was a big step for me in the healing process and it can't hurt to try.

After 3 months of feeling anxious and struggling everyday with what has honestly been the most horrible life experience I've had, I am now 100% better. My anxiety has gone and depersonalisation has vanished too. It's been a long 3 months but I got over it and so can you. Exercise, healthy eating, mindfulness/meditation, watching shit tv, avoiding caffeine, avoiding alcohol are the key things that brought me back to reality. I would definitely avoid taking medication. What you've done is because of drugs, don't try and treat it with more drugs, just let your brain sort itself out naturally :)

If you're going through this sort of thing then do not worry, you will get better. It's not like an alcohol hangover that lasts a day. As you can see from previous posters on this thread it can take months and months until you're better. You've fried your brain and it just needs to recover. Best of luck and if you have any other questions or worries, feel free to pm me. I'm happy to help.
Wow man that sounds COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to my experience, the Propanolol, the doctor telling me about self-help and then getting the antidepressants (which I didn't take) and I've just started month 2. I feel really like myself again already. This week has been the best week I've had in months. I suspect after another month I'll be right back in the same seat I was at on the 7th March. Thanks for the encouragement buddy.

RECOVERY IS VERY LIKELY TO ANYONE JUST HIT WITH THIS SHITSTORM.

I'd advise taking your blood pressure. Certain combinations (and it's almost certain what you had was one, not pure MDMA) can create a persistent rise in blood pressure creating much of the anxiety you might be experiencing. Atenolol is a pretty harmless blood pressure medicine that in effect just slows the heart down. Chances are you'd feel much better quite quickly. A quick shift can tell the body what it needs to do on its own. What that means is going to the doctor and getting checked out, advisable either way, considering how you're feeling.

I know how you feel too, I've been feeling depressed, no sense in reality, loss of energy, & I haven't really been craving food lately. It all happened last week on Saturday when I had took a ecstasy pill. It was my second time taking it & it hit me different from the first time, I felt like a usual bad high but it only started kicking in 40 minutes after smoking some blunts. I took it around 8 & it started hiring me around 9, it lasted until 11 to 12 bit I was at my prom after party & I went home & slept at 6:30. Woke up feeling normal the next day.

Then same week I started feeling really depressed & I couldn't sleep good. Some days I felt normal & then it kept creeping up when either im hungry or after I wake up from a nap. I tried sweating out the toxins but the next day I my heart started pulsing weird for a minute & started getting light headed, I don't know if it's because it was really hot or cause I need food or water. Need help knowing if Ima get better soon or not ? :l

Thanks for reading.

It's been 2 months for me now since my last MDMA use (I did MDMA and cocaine both only once before this), the first 2 weeks after this use were the most terrible weeks of my life. I felt severely depressed during this time combined with lots of anxiety, depersonalization and sleeping issues. After about 1.5 months after the use, my depersonalization and sleeping problems were gone and my depression finally became more mild. Im now 2 months in and still feel depressed now and then, the past couple of days the depression got a little severe again. Ive also been struggling with obsessive thoughts the past months which I'm working on with a psychiatrist. I exercise a lot which has truly helped me recover a lot faster. Furthermore I am 100% sure that I am never ever going to take MDMA or any other hard drug for the rest of my life. I wish the best to anyone who is struggling with symptoms like mine, stay strong.

It's been 2 months for me now since my last MDMA use (I did MDMA and cocaine both only once before this), the first 2 weeks after this use were the most terrible weeks of my life. I felt severely depressed during this time combined with lots of anxiety, depersonalization and sleeping issues. After about 1.5 months after the use, my depersonalization and sleeping problems were gone and my depression finally became more mild. Im now 2 months in and still feel depressed now and then, the past couple of days the depression got a little severe again. Ive also been struggling with obsessive thoughts the past months which I'm working on with a psychiatrist. I exercise a lot which has truly helped me recover a lot faster. Furthermore I am 100% sure that I am never ever going to take MDMA or any other hard drug for the rest of my life. I wish the best to anyone who is struggling with symptoms like mine, stay strong.
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me mate! 2 months in too, little moments of depression and anxiety now, but it's fading away! It's the obsessive thoughts you need to stop, then you'll feel way better. I honestly believe I'm going to be 100% in about a month. Those 2 weeks like you said, were easily the worst 2 weeks of my entire life. You're gonna be okay man!