• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) "Vodka"

I haven't done the math yet but with 2m2b being active in the single-digit milligram range, you'd be able to pack a dose into a very tiny amount of gamma powder (like fifty to a hundred doses would fit into a tablespoon) and then place this in a gelatin capsule or whatever and then swallow and enjoy the muzak.

Wait, what? 2m2b is active closer to the 1000mg+ range. So if γ-cyclodextrin could hypothetically hold 100% of its weight in 2M2B then a single 2ml dose would require almost 2.5g of γ-cyclodextrin. This is efficient for EtOH because it's always sold for consumption in a diluted form but since 2M2B is semi-pure there will be no reduction in bulk - only added ease in weighing and consumption.

i know that IPA wont dissolve gel-caps, so it may be safe to assume that 2m2b wont either.
in that case a 00 gel cap can hold about 1ml of 2m2b, which makes it a reasonable ROA

^Yeah dosage was off by a factor of 1000.

As for reduction in bulk: it would be significantly more compact than in the free liquid. Probably very dense too.

This is extremely tangential, but one imagines a Febreze type complex containing a particular not-yet-available oneirogen sprayed onto a pillowcase, so that every time the sleeper tosses her head she inhales millions of the dislodged particles, and 9 minutes become a hundred years.

I'm having trouble understanding how there can be a reduction in bulk, not doubting just trying to understand. If γ-cyclodextrin has a mass of about 178 and we are still assuming it can hold it's weight in 2M2B then one γ-cyclodextrin molecule can hold approximately 16 2M2B molecules. How exactly can this extra atomic baggage decrease bulk?

2m2b molar mass is 88.15
There will be less than 10% reduction.
But i think that main goal is to have powdered form of 2m2b. With dosages around 2 to 5 grams - it will be easy to measure and consume.

You're confusing volume with mass.

This is what a liquid is: a temple full of samurai with drawn swords, in battle. Each samurai is essentially a disk with a 5 or 6 foot diameter because that's the range of the sword. While in battle the samurai will resist a reduction in range, so there will be a limit to how many of them can fit on the temple floor.

Now then, have the shogun throw them all in the ocean, along with a few inner tubes. Now their tendency is to resist drowning and so crowd around each inner tube.

In case that's not corny enough: a box of glazed doughnuts is the same size as a box of cream-filled doughnuts.

you're confusing volume with mass.

This is what a liquid is: A temple full of samurai with drawn swords, in battle. Each samurai is essentially a disk with a 5 or 6 foot diameter because that's the range of the sword. While in battle the samurai will resist a reduction in range, so there will be a limit to how many of them can fit on the temple floor.

Now then, have the shogun throw them all in the ocean, along with a few inner tubes. Now their tendency is to resist drowning and so crowd around each inner tube.

In case that's not corny enough: A box of glazed doughnuts is the same size as a box of cream-filled doughnuts.

lmao!!!

Update: Hoe-LEE!1!!!

"Mint"? Hah! This stuff smells like a batch of cologne with all the ingredients measured with the wrong numbers!

I just accquired a sample of this. Here is my amateur-perfumer assessment:

Dominant overtones of Shellac, Cetyl alcohol, and butane, with a light touch of menthol and even a hint of C. indica resin. Midtones: a punch of acetone along with a sprinkling of camphor, with a lingering undertone of permanent marker and a very faint hint of vodka.

This is my assessment of only the smell bouquet. ;)

I am not looking forward for the taste.

Would have assessed taste tonight but since I have a little bit of methylphenidate in my system and have little info on unusual (but possible) interactions with this particular drug, I decided to play it safe. Will probably have more to report tomorrow.

You're confusing volume with mass.

This is what a liquid is: a temple full of samurai with drawn swords, in battle. Each samurai is essentially a disk with a 5 or 6 foot diameter because that's the range of the sword. While in battle the samurai will resist a reduction in range, so there will be a limit to how many of them can fit on the temple floor.

In case that's not corny enough: a box of glazed doughnuts is the same size as a box of cream-filled doughnuts.

wat

^i'm still sticking with my proposed gel-cap method
you can easily make a single cap equivalent to a shot or two of vodka

Dilute and shove up the bee-hind perhaps ala GBL?

If you have tastebuds living up there, one has more worries than the act of ingesting lab chemicals=D

Would have assessed taste tonight but since I have a little bit of methylphenidate in my system and have little info on unusual (but possible) interactions with this particular drug,

Hmm, on the other hand it would be interesting to know if this would transesterificate methylphenidate to tert-amylphenidate...

The taste basically = the smell. Plug your nose / hold your breathe while drinking it and you will only taste the mint.

People who have shared in this experience typically prefer one of two ingestion methods. Add 1 vol to 2 vol of cold water, slam it down as fast as possible, followed immediately by a fruit juice chaser. All the while hold your nose so you can't smell it. It's over before you know what's hit you.

Other method: dilute it in tons of fruit juice, like a tropical "nectar" type and hope that it masks... the taste.
Yeah I'll definitely have to find a juice that would cover it up. I am wondering if Listerine (the regular stuff) might be strong enough to nullify the taste if I wash with it right after.

^i'm still sticking with my proposed gel-cap method
you can easily make a single cap equivalent to a shot or two of vodka
Would the cap hold it long enough for one to dose? If so, that actually sounds ideal.

Dilute and shove up the bee-hind perhaps ala GBL?

If you have tastebuds living up there, one has more worries than the act of ingesting lab chemicals=D
See I asked about this but when FnB started talking about football fields...
Hmm, on the other hand it would be interesting to know if this would transesterificate methylphenidate to tert-amylphenidate...
It definitely would be interesting, hence my starting a thread just on that subject ;). But I'm not taking chances because we have no info about the toxicity of t-amlyphenidate.

Yeah I'll definitely have to find a juice that would cover it up. I am wondering if Listerine (the regular stuff) might be strong enough to nullify the taste if I wash with it right after.

Would the cap hold it long enough for one to dose? If so, that actually sounds ideal.

See I asked about this but when FnB started talking about football fields...

It definitely would be interesting, hence my starting a thread just on that subject ;). But I'm not taking chances because we have no info about the toxicity of t-amlyphenidate.
i know that it takes a few mins for the cap to dissolve in water, but 91% IPA wont dissolve it if left overnight.
I know that its not the only factor, but it appears that the less polar the solvent, the less it dissolves the gel.

IPA is definitely a polar molecule, most alcohols are - including 2M2B. Water is also polar. I'm not exactly sure what your talking about as almost anything that is moist will dissolve a gelatin capsule - although it usually take a combination of time, warmth, agitation and acidity. If one simply drops a gelatin capsule onto a cool glass of still water it will take as long as an hour before liquifying. That said I think a capsule would probably work for 2M2B if one were to inject it into a closed cap (making a second puncture for air to be displaced) and then pop into the mouth, it should last at least 30 seconds. Not long enough for storage, obviously, but maybe just enough time to weigh and swallow.

Football fields? what has a football field to do with one's rectum?

Second thoughts, do I really want to know?

Fuck, now I know why people go out of their way to distill every nanogram of this stuff out of their brew :\

It may not produce a hangover, but waking up to paint-thinner breath is just as bad!

Tried it last night with 5ml diluted in 500l water. It is actually not bad going down, except maybe for the sizzling lips afterwards.

I actually disagree with most people, this tastes more like camphor dissolved in liquefied natural-gas than it does like mint.

The effects were very mild and about 20mins later I took 3 more ml for a total of 8ml. Only then was I satisfied with the effects, and even then it wasn't enough so I had my nightly glass of wine anyway. I go to bed one hour later.

Next morning I wake up feeling very foggy and feel like I could bleach a wall be breathing on it.

No thanks, I much prefer ethanol.