• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

I will assume you have no idea if ethyl alcohol can replace benzyl as a preservative. There is still the problem that the alcohol could corrode the syringe's plastic.
Does anybody else out there know if sodium chloride or other preservatives can replace benzyl/ethyl alcohol for medium-term preservation? Thank you.

I wouldn't use ethanol personally, just my 2 cents. It would probably work but I don't know the appropriate concentration.

sorry if this has been answered but tere are alot of pages - but whats the best whay to inject oc80's theold sort i dont have micron filters btw- pm me if u can as i dont normally come to this part of bl.
your UK cuz
Bondin

if you've only got cig filters then i would run it through them 2-3 times to filter as much of the insolubles out as possible. that's what i used to do/i do when i've no micron filters.

sorry if this has been answered but tere are alot of pages - but whats the best whay to inject oc80's theold sort i dont have micron filters btw- pm me if u can as i dont normally come to this part of bl.
your UK cuz
Bondin

There is no "best way" to inject it without a micron filter.

No best way that doesn't do a serious number on your oh so fragile veins.. :\ Keep shooting up pills without micron filtering and you'll see those little blue lines start to faaaadee away real fast.

really? do you ever compromise?

REALITY - NOT EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO A MICRON FILTER ALL THE TIME AND NEED AN ALTERNATIVE.

instead of repeating - "I wouldn't shoot anything without a micron filter" then don't sayanything at all. they're asking for a temporary alternative, which you've no solution so why bother replying?

remember when you didn't even think you needed to even cig filter your bupe shot? NOT USE A FILTER AT ALL, and think it was safe? yeah, i do. and you thought it was negligible, that you wouldn't be getting any insolubles in the end solution. these people are asking for an alternative/advice and not what you wouldn't do :\

sure, you're right, but you know they don't have a micron and are wanting a temporary alternative.

yes, you are right but most people are going to brush off those words and continue on as they were with or without a micron so we need to offer them something alternative.

Best alternative, sterile medical cotton. I personally don't use micron filters either.. though I'm just doing east coast powder which is much easier on the veins. But for pills and black tar... it really is a worthwhile investment. Because in 5 years when your struggling to find a vein, bleeding everywhere, sick and frusterated, you would pay anything to get them back. But by then it's too late.

it's no skin off my back.

you paint this image you're the most sensible IV user when quite a few of us know and have seen otherwise. not all of us are suckers and feed off every word you type:)

it's no skin off my back.

you paint this image you're the most sensible IV user when quite a few of us know and have seen otherwise. not all of us are suckers and feed off every word you type:)

The most sensible user wouldn't use at all.

How about using .22u micron filters? Will it be enough to remove most impurities? Or should I opt and get the .20u?

At the moment I don't believe we are giving out sources for micron filters.

But yes, I agree with you, I ever understood intramuscular injections or psychoactive drugs. I was pissed in ICU when they administered dilaudid intramuscularly (actually I wasn't really, only in hindsight, at the time I was in so much fucking pain I could have cared less about a rush), it took at least ten minutes to kick in and still only lasted about fourty five minutes. I guess for some drugs it increases both duration and BA, but in most instances I would always prefer to plug.

What happened to the links? Where should I go to but the micron filters and other stuff?

Has anyone done this with suboxone strips? How many strips will one of the .22 filters do?

What happened to the links? Where should I go to but the micron filters and other stuff?

Has anyone done this with suboxone strips? How many strips will one of the .22 filters do?

I don't believe we are allowed to source supplies anymore.

I am accustomed to being able to put at least three 8mg films past a single whatman gd/x 0.2um filter. You could probably do more if you cotton filtered first.

Would these work? http://www.amazon.com/Syringe-Filter-PVDF-diameter-0-2um/dp/B005T45FZM/ref=zg_bs_318082011_7

Closest thing I found on amazon, and at a good price. Should I use the same size even though I am doing strips?

Seems like those only have one layer but I didn't read through the entire page.

I only use the multi layered ones.

Is there by chance a item number or something that I could look the filters you use up? I understand that you cannot provide the source, but if I knew exactly what I am looking for, I could just order them from Amazon I am sure. Did you switch to multi-layer after you first made this post, or are the filters you list on the first page of this thread the multi layer ones you are talking about?

Also, it looks like the only leur lock needle tips available from where I am ordering are the blunt tip ones. Will these work for this application?

Is there a good way to prefilter with cotton using the large syringes ?

I am basically trying to filter enough of the 8mg films and bottle them to last me a month. I already have a few bottles of the bacteriostatic water. I would like to be able to filter and bottle 30 of these at a time to last the whole month, ideally only using a few filters each month.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

are the filters you list on the first page of this thread the multi layer ones you are talking about?
The ones I mentioned on the first post are multi layered.

Also, it looks like the only leur lock needle tips available from where I am ordering are the blunt tip ones. Will these work for this application?

Is there a good way to prefilter with cotton using the large syringes ?

I am basically trying to filter enough of the 8mg films and bottle them to last me a month. I already have a few bottles of the bacteriostatic water. I would like to be able to filter and bottle 30 of these at a time to last the whole month, ideally only using a few filters each month.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

what do you mean by blunt tip? Can you post a picture?

Prefiltering with cotton is easy. You can put a small amount of it in a syringe and compact it with the plunger, or you can put the tip of the syringe over a cotton ball in the solution and draw it up.