• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Different Amphetamines

jspun

Bluelighter
Please compare and contrast the highs from different script amphetamine formulations and meth. What is preferable from a recreational standpoint dexedrine or Adderall. How do they each compare with increase on libido? I used the search engine but had trouble finding good threads, can someone post links to any good threads on this issue? Thanks!

ps anybody ever try obetrol (current adderall) back in the day and black beauties and how did they compare. I read all this stuff about biphetamine being the shit but I had an oldtimer tell me he liked obetrol better, that was the best speed in his opinion even beating out desoxyn, but I hear some people say the buzz from Adderall is not that that euphoric. I have a theory that availabilty and word of mouth as well as other contextual factors have a huge effect on drug acceptability and desirability, so in other words when the company that manufactures Adderall convince physicians that it is a miracle cure for ADD because anoretics as an indication have gone out of fashion and its being prescribed to everyone and their grandmothers then the word on the street is that the drug pretty lame, to throw away or give away to friends who like that kind of high. By the same token when the magazines are targetting meth as one of the horses of the apocalypse, then dirty, cut, unpharmaceutical street meth becomes a drug capable of causing euphoria and joy of mythical proportions in people minds. 20 years ago same drugs would be poor mans cocaine-good in a pinch amd the former some good clean pharmacuetical speed. This comparison is kind of far fetched but I think this phenomena is valid. Personally, I got several pharmaceutical speeds in the past and crank (possibly P2P dope) and I found they produced similar levels of euphoria, in fact I prefered the pharms to the street crank. But I've gotten shards that produced insane euphoria.

So if you've lost me by now please answer if nothing else: please compare the nuances and esoteric aspects of the different amphetamines Rx and Non (meth, eurospeed, ect... If you'll answer only one question: which provides a better high in your opinion dexedrine or adderall

Last edited:
stick to meth. it sucks when people who really need this stuff can't get it because of people like you.

stick to meth. it sucks when people who really need this stuff can't get it because of people like you.

Please explain. What did I do to prevent people who need this stuff from getting it?8)

While were making assumptions, I think that the real reason, (and it does suck that people are not getting the "stuff" they need) is because the majority of the people in this country think like you. People are not receiving the optimum therapeutic agent or treatment modality because as a country we are letting drug hysteria dictate patient care.

And I'm not sure how the free exchange of ideas that this board represents and facilitates would somehow contribute to medical negligence.

Last edited:
Obetrol was nothing like Adderall, it countained meth... Biphetamine (or black beauties) were more like Adderall, but still different (Biphet = 50/50 d-l amp and Adderall is more like 75/25 if I remember correctly)

EDIT.
Obetrol:
* 2.5mg methamphetamine saccharate
* 2.5mg methamphetamine hydrochloride
* 2.5mg (racemic dextro/levo-amphetamine) sulfate
* 2.5mg dextroamphetamine sulfate

(According to Wikipedia)

Obetrol was nothing like Adderall, it countained meth... Biphetamine (or black beauties) were more like Adderall, but still different (Biphet = 50/50 d-l amp and Adderall is more like 75/25 if I remember correctly)

EDIT.
Obetrol:
* 2.5mg methamphetamine saccharate
* 2.5mg methamphetamine hydrochloride
* 2.5mg (racemic dextro/levo-amphetamine) sulfate
* 2.5mg dextroamphetamine sulfate

(According to Wikipedia)

Thats interesting. Thanks for the clarification

The biphetamines were formulated in a cationic/anionic resin exchange complex or something like this. Anyway people seemed to like these alot.
So getting back to my questions anyone have any input and comparing and contrasting subjective effects from various amphetamines? How strong is the influence of social and contextual influences on peoples description and appreciation of the high? Any links to good previous threads pertaining to any of these topics people can post?

I wouldn't know since I've never done speed and am rather new to this forum ^^

Well since your new its cool this time, but if you're going to write something, at least contribute to the conversation.

How do you guys feel about adderal vs Propylhexedrine ?

even Desoxyn (assuming oral dosing)?
yes. alot of people complain that desoxyn is boring and makes them fall asleep. the reason for that is because it's pure meth. street meth has other unreacted products and shit that makes street meth feel much stronger.

Thats a good question? I wonder how the high would compare dosoxyn vs street shards. Maybe impurities would effect high as PQ suggests.

What drug ranks higher in terms of likability and intrinsic acceptability: Adderall or dexedrine. Sometimes different brands of the same drug seem to have peculiarities in efficacy- a pharmacist I know was involved in a study investigating the phenomena for reasons that were unclear (molecular footprints, differences in the synthetic process?) Its not fully understood. I've experienced this personally with different methadone formulations even though differences in subjective effects at equivalent doses is counterintuitive.

In the late 80s/early 90s I got ahold of dexedrine which my friend was being prescribed to his brother. Found the high euphoric and smoother than the penut butter/ purple crank going around at the time. Crank seemed to have more of an enhanced tactile sensation effect than the dexedrine. Euphoria wise the best high I got was from a pharm formulation that by then was almost 15 years old called appetrol. Came in capsules and the powder inside looked like coffee creamer. Was I think 5 mg of dexedrine with a dose of meprobamate. That was very smooth and euphoric but I think the meprobamate was potentiating the euphoria. I think there is some magic to the combo of barbs/amph that synergizes euphoria above and beyond smoothing out side effects. Maybe miltown did this based on a similar MOA to barbs. At any rate 4 pills would make me feel fanfuckintastic. I knew a girl that used to get black beauties in mid 80s that used to say they were better than crank.

The old timer from the first post used to say obetrol and preludin were the best stims. He used to like to take the preludin with placidyl. He had stories ( he grew up in the town of Oceanside, CA) of going down to mexico and comming back with Jars of 1000 seconals and 1000 benzedrine in the late 40s when he was in highschool and comming back to the USA, getting jacked up and getting in fights with local marines.8o

I know these are hard questions to answer, like "describe the taste of a pear and compare it to an apple." Someone who does a great job of describing nuances of highs between drugs that are similar in structure are Alexander Shulgin and his friends in PIHKAL and other works. Especially in the "extension and comentary" section after the individual trip reports.

Food for thought: A friend I have thats in recovery that did some "creative cooking" a (long) while ago swears that adjusting the pH in one of the steps changes the subjective effects with one end of the spectrum being more stimulating and another more sex enhancing or something like this. Anyway may seem counterintuitive but I don't like to reject anecdotal info out of hand. And this underscores that there is a huge number of factors and variables that contribute to a drug's high.

Last edited:
You can always tell whose on amphetamines and whose not in theses threads by length of post.

I've been rx'ed adderall in generic, brand, xr etc - dex I was scripted first generic xr then brand name IR. I've done my share of speed but it's been newer and frankly my body just doesn't handle it well.. I am up north on the east coast and while meth is everywhere ... so is what is in it. Frankly I'd much prefer to take a desoxyn and then ease along the day with the IR brand dex that I had. I don't touch the stuff anymore but the brand name is essential without a doubt, everything from ritalin to desoxyn has it's fillers and street meth god only knows.

I read an Erowid experience that compared street meth and Desoxyn, I don't know which one it was. The person basically explained that since street meth is strictly made (and altered) for recreational purposes, it is much better than the pill form, which is strictly made (and altered) for medical purposes. I don't know if anyone knows which experience it is I'm talking about...

Well since your new its cool this time, but if you're going to write something, at least contribute to the conversation.

I'm sorry, I was just answering Jspun since we were talking together when he posted the question. Hope this post was contributing anyways. :)

Frankly I'd much prefer to take a desoxyn and then ease along the day with the IR brand dex that I had.

TAOW were you scripted desoxyn? When you where still using stims, did you notice a significant difference in the high between street meth and desoxyn. Put another way- what was more similar in subjective effect, the high from desoxyn and dexedrine IR or desoxyn and meth. When you would use meth, what route(s) of administration would you use?

Sounds like you prefered the pharms if I understood correctly.

brand name is essential without a doubt

Intresting that you confirm this too.

I read an Erowid experience that compared street meth and Desoxyn, I don't know which one it was. The person basically explained that since street meth is strictly made (and altered) for recreational purposes, it is much better than the pill form, which is strictly made (and altered) for medical purposes. I don't know if anyone knows which experience it is I'm talking about...

I'll have to look that article up. One difference I can think of off the top of my head is desoxyn used to be in an extended release form (now I think only IR)that probably didn't lend itself well to non oral use. Ice is methamphetamine recrystalized in methanol or another suitable solvent to make it more amendable to smoking.

I'm sorry, I was just answering Jspun since we were talking together when he posted the question. Hope this post was contributing anyways.

No you were cool, thanks for posting that stuff about Obetrol.;)

You can always tell whose on amphetamines and whose not in theses threads by length of post.
8)...now dopiate on the other hand.

I take phentermine 30 mg and i feel slightly high from it. I don't have experience with anything else though.

Has anyone else tried this med?

^^^
unfortunately i can say i can. its more calm physically than ritalin. the mental side of the high is really lacking, hardly any concentration. it's a decent stimulant when you need a little boost tho.

I actually have only done adderall once, but I snorted 30mgs and popped 70mgs all in a sitting. I was going fast as fuck. Now, I've also tweaked about a quarter gram once and I was fucking flyin, but I really prefer cocaine and crack over anything. Anywayyy, The adderall made me really high for a super long time. I really enjoyed it aside from the chewed up tongue and sore teeth I got from all the involuntary jaw clenches and snake sniffing (Like the Joker in "The Dark Knight".) I just call adderall black beauties. So many different ones, just call 'em cross tops or blacks, hahaha. I'm only stoned right now, but I love love love to talk. (Any bitch will tell you that's because of my persistent stimulant use!) Anyway, I don't think I helped much, but we're in an amphetamine thread, so if I have anything you can correct me on, add to, or if I provided any 411 for you, great!

Dave Mustaine For President.

As someone who has been prescribed every major CII stimulant over the last 8 years, maybe I can shed some light...

First off, my personal opinion of dosage/relative strength:
15-20mg Racemic Amphetamine (Adderall IR/XR) *approx 75% d,-amp and 25% l,-amp*
10mg Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine/Dextrostat)
5mg Dextromethamphetamine (Desoxyn)
10mg Racemic Methamphetamine ("Street Meth")
30-35mg Racemic Methylphenidate (Ritalin/Concerta)
15-20mg Dextromethylphenidate (Focalin)
60mg Propylhexedrine (Benzedrine/Benzedrex)
25-30mg Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse)

A quick summary of my history of use with pharmaceutical stimulants:
I was first diagnosed with ADD (not ADHD) some years ago, while in high school, after undergoing an extensive testing process. It was determined that while I have a very high IQ, my attention span and need for immediate gratification, combined with short-term memory and word recall issues, was grounds for medication.
I was started on Adderall XR 20mg (racemic amphetamine) to be taken 1x in the morning. After 18 months, my dosage was increased to 30mg, taken as 20mg XR in AM and 10mg IR in the afternoon.
I needed a dose increase after 2.5 years, but my doctor decided to change the medication to see if Concerta (methylphenidate) would work better, so I was started on 36mg taken 1x/day in the morning. I did not respond well, and thinking that it might be due to the time-release system in Concerta, rather than the medication itself, I was switched to Methylin IR (methylphenidate) 20mg 2x/day after just 3 months.
After another 3 months, it just really wasn't working and I was miserable. My doctor put me back on Adderall, though this time it was only the instant-release formulation (it has been determined that I do not properly digest time-released medications, resulting in significantly diminished effect). I was prescribed 20mg AM and 20mg PM, and this was continued for another year.
Now, after 4 years, my Adderall dose was raised to 25mg AM and 25mg PM, for a total of 50mg of racemic amphetamine daily. I started having anxiety issues, and due to the escalating dose, I asked my doctor for a new medication.
Specifically, I asked for Dexedrine IR (dextro-amphetamine), which I was given. The beginning dose was 10mg AM and 10mg PM, though this was only for the first month to determine how the medication needed to be titrated. After my first month on it, I was put on 15mg AM and 10mg PM for about a year.
After being on Dexedrine for a year at a dosage of 25mg/day, it was raised to 20mg AM and 20mg PM, for a total of 40mg/day of dextroamphetamine. It was around this time that I developed Panic Disorder, and was prescribed Xanax (alprazolam) off-and-on to be taken PRN for anxiety. This also allowed my Dexedrine dose to increase, which was raised to 25mg AM and 20mg PM, for a total of 45mg/day. I took this dose for approximately 1 year.
Going on Year Seven, I knew that I could in no way keep upping my Dexedrine without exacerbating my Panic Disorder significantly, so I was on the hunt for a new drug. It was at this time that I really learned about Desoxyn (d,-methamphetamine), which I'd heard about but always in the guise of almost an "urban legend" of sorts. Rare, powerful, and expensive; how's that for sex appeal? Anyway, my doctor trusts me very much as a patient to research medications I think would be helpful, and is usually willing to prescribe them. So, I asked my doctor to switch me to it, although I really didn't think that it would happen, I figured it was worth a shot.
I'll be damned, I walked out of the office with a 'script for Desoxyn 5mg tablets (only available in the IR form) to take 10mg AM and 5mg PM. Right off the bat, it was a "WOW" feeling, even though this dose was lower, relatively, to my Dexedrine dose. The first impressions I had of Desoxyn were that it is very smooth (no jitters), kicks in very quickly (I began to feel it within 8-10min, orally), did not raise my resting heart rate or blood pressure (they both actually dropped from when on Dexedrine; from 82bpm and 142/94mmHg to 72bpm and 118/78mmHg), and did not increase my anxiety.
After a month, my dose was raised to 10mg AM and 10mg PM, so a total of 20mg dextro-methamphetamine daily. I have been on this dose for almost 2.5 years now, and it is only now, after 2.5ish years that I'll be increasing my dose. My August Rx will be for 15mg AM and 10mg PM, and my doctor is including 15 extra tablets to be taken PRN, ideally with my afternoon dose. This is to work my way up to 15mg AM/PM, or 30mg/day total.

Desoxyn gets a bad rap from a lot of people because they don't know what to expect when they take it. Dextromethamphetamine (Desoxyn), unlike most all other stimulants, causes a significant release of serotonin, and is even more of a serotonin agonist than a dopamine agonist, and it causes very little relative release of norepinepherine. In comparison, dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) causes primarily dopamine release, followed by norepinepherine, with very little relative serotonin release.
Consequently, the "high" or euphoria one gets from Desoxyn is much more calming and much less "Up,up,up!Go,go,go!".