• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ++++ Thread

How is it "blatantly obvious?" Mushrooms fell from the sky and people could eat them and not starve to death (mushrooms have very few calories btw)? If they kept the mushrooms for over a day they would mold and be unfit to eat? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm all for thinking a psychedelic spawned consciousness (fruit in garden of Eden story), saying it helped us start language (glossolalia), and even that the fruit that only the gods could eat in the book of Enoch was a psych, but I'm pretty sure mana wasn't referring to magic mushrooms. The scripture doesn't match up with your claims at all.

The third eye? That has NOTHING to do with mushrooms. There is a lot of psychic and spiritual energy there, yes, but mushrooms in particular do not hold any significance in relationship with the 3rd eye.

Saying that they shall never hunger, is meant of course, in a spiritual sense.

Mana is the psilocybe mushroom, ignore the literal wording in the Bible if you want, but it's right there in front of your eyes. The Third Eye has everything to do with Mushrooms. As does DMT. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you haven't done enough research on it to even begin to understand it nor grasp the slightest understanding from someone explaining it to you, considering you have little to no background or basis of knowledge on the topic.

Oh, that sort of obvious :D That would make water "hidden oxygen", right? :\

And from what I understand, it is merely speculation made by the likes of McKenna, that the mythological substance called "manna" could be psilocybe cubensis. I have seen no such actual evidence that points to the fact.

I'm sure for you it's blatantly obvious what the mythical substance called "Soma" is as well?

EDIT: That was in reference to Big Stroonz' post above.

That's not even a decent example of a sarcastic analogy...

It has nothing to do with McKenna it has to do with the obvious metaphors left in the Bible (which are few). Yes, it's pretty obvious what Soma is referring to also.

So basically you're saying that people who wrote the bible came up with the term "hidden manna" to describe psilocybe mushrooms because the egyptians used the term "manna" to refer to DMT and psilocybin has "DMT" hidden in it's molecule? I'm sure they got the idea when reading TIHKAL, right?

So basically you're saying that people who wrote the bible came up with the term "hidden manna" to describe psilocybe mushrooms because the egyptians used the term "manna" to refer to DMT and psilocybin has "DMT" hidden in it's molecule? I'm sure they got the idea when reading TIHKAL, right?

Nope, not at all, you're lost completely on this.

You're quite the arrogant twerp aren't you? I haven't done research on this topic? How the fuck would you know that?

Saying that they shall never hunger, is meant of course, in a spiritual sense.
Prove it. They are in the middle of the Eygptian desert with NO access to food and water. There is absolutely no reason to think that verse was meant to be interpreted anyway but literally. It is the ONLY thing they ate. Period. Did the bible not mean that literally either? You can't arbitrarily chose what to interpret as literally and what as a metaphor.

Yup. I'm lost. ;)

Yup, you are :(

Read these books and one day in the future when you're more up to speed, we will get back to the discussion.

Astrotheology & Shamanism: Christianity's Pagan Roots (Jan Irvin, Andrew Rutajit, and Nicholas Zervos)

The Holy Mushroom: Evidence of Mushrooms in Judeo-Christianity (J.R. Irvin, Jack Herer, and Jan Irvin)

The Sacred Mushroom & The Cross (John Marco Allegro)

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Christian Myth (John Marco Allegro)

You're quite the arrogant twerp aren't you? I haven't done research on this topic? How the fuck would you know that?

Prove it. They are in the middle of the Eygptian desert with NO access to food and water. There is absolutely no reason to think that verse was meant to be interpreted anyway but literally. It is the ONLY thing they ate. Period. Did the bible not mean that literally either? You can't arbitrarily chose what to interpret as literally and what as a metaphor.

The Bible is written in archaic code purposely, so that if you don't have any idea of the esoterica in it. Then you will not be able to interpret it the way it was meant to be read, it's an occult document; that tells a completely different story to those who are clueless about its true meaning.

Like I said to Recept, read the books, I'm done arguing. You cant explain something to someone that they will and cannot understand. Simply because you're only grasping the pieces of information in how they are presented, and not as a whole, making it appear out of context or confusing; which I completely understand and do not take offense to.

Last edited:
I'm done talking to you until you drop the narcissistic know-it-all attitude. You won't get anywhere in your spiritual life if you keep that up. Stop pretending you are right without acknowledging the possibility you were wrong. Get rid of your hardened beliefs. It's impossible to convince anyone so set in their ways that they are wrong even when you hold evidence right in front of their face. Ever talk to one of those Christians? You know who I mean...

Anyway this isn't what this topic is for. Let's move on.

I'm done talking to you until you drop the narcissistic know-it-all attitude. You won't get anywhere in your spiritual life if you keep that up. Stop pretending you are right without acknowledging the possibility you were wrong. Get rid of your hardened beliefs. It's impossible to convince anyone so set in their ways that they are wrong even when you hold evidence right in front of their face. Ever talk to one of those Christians? You know who I mean...

Anyway this isn't what this topic is for. Let's move on.

I change my beliefs quite often to fit the facts. If you perceive it as a "know-it-all egotistical narcissistic attitude" then I'm sorry I offended you. If you decide to read the books I mentioned, I promise you won't be disappointed. I gather data from all angles, but you have to keep yourself grounded when you make your descent down into the rabbit hole.

Read these books and one day in the future when you're more up to speed, we will get back to the discussion.

No, dude, it's not a matter of him perceiving you as having a "narcissistic, know-it-all-attitude," it's a matter of you having one. Case in point ^.

And if you indeed have extracted so much incontrovertible evidence as to the true meaning behind the word "manna" as it is used in the Bible from these books, why don't you present us with just a few pieces of it. I understand that you can't synopsize all four of the books you posted the titles of, but surely you can provide a few, choice tidbits which support all of your previous postulations? You've gotta give me something, man, if I'm going to haul off and do thousands of pages of reading on your recommendation–something to believe that I'm not just being led on a wild goose chase here. C'monnnnnn.

El oh el.

No, dude, it's not a matter of him perceiving you as having a "narcissistic, know-it-all-attitude," it's a matter of you having one. Case in point.

And if you indeed have extracted so much incontrovertible evidence as to the true meaning behind the word "manna" as it is used in the Bible from these books, why don't you present us with just a few pieces of it. I understand that you can't synopsize all four of the books you posted the titles of, but surely you can provide a few, choice tidbits which support all of your previous postulations? You've gotta give me something, man, if I'm going to haul off and do thousands of pages of reading on your recommendation–something to believe that I'm not just being led on a wild goose chase here. C'monnnnnn.

El oh el.

Not wasting my time with people that don't care to do a little reading or research of their own. I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again, I'm not your professor. Read the books, or complain, but complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. Stop being a lazy man child and have some initiative or motivation to learn a new topic that you don't yet know. Check the Marijuana and Religion thread in CD, I posted a pretty long post in their that provides some more examples in the Bible and elsewhere. Take it or leave it as you will. You can't explain something to someone in "bits" when it needs to be seen as a whole. The problem is you don't have the fundamentals to grasp the information in bits, that could possibly allow you to see it as a whole. That's at least until you learn the basics, and like I said before in the mean time, all it does is appear confusing or "taken out of context."

It's not my job to do the work for you, it's your job to gain knowledge.

Not wasting my time with people that don't care to do a little reading or research of their own. I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again, I'm not your professor. Read the books, or complain, but complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. Stop being a lazy man child and have some initiative or motivation to learn a new topic that you don't yet know. Check the Marijuana and Religion thread in CD, I posted a pretty long post in their that provides some more examples in the Bible and elsewhere. Take it or leave it as you will. You can't explain something to someone in "bits" when it needs to be seen as a whole. The problem is you don't have the fundamentals to grasp the information to be able to see it as a whole, and like I said before; all it does is appear confusing or "taken out of context."

It's not my job to do the work for you, it's your job to gain knowledge.

You've given me no reason to read the books, Stroonz. You've mad wild and esoteric claims and then posted volumes worth of reading with the ambiguous suggestion that it'll provide supporting evidence. To tell the truth, it sounds like you're making excuses–like you're positing hypotheses you can't support and then deluging us with an amount of reading that we couldn't possibly carve out the time to do so that you can talk down to us for being incurious dilettantes when we don't do it. Thankfully, it isn't working. 8)

then posted volumes worth of reading...then deluging us with an amount of reading that we couldn't possibly carve out the time to do that...

ROFLMAO

I really hope you're not serious....

58335096.roflmao.gif

Not at all. I'm a full-time student. I also hold a job and have numerous obligations to student groups, family, and friends. So no, I really don't have time to read several books on a whim just so that I can have an argument with you on an online discussion board about the biblical meaning of the word "manna." :\

Not at all. I'm a full-time student. I also hold a job and have numerous obligations to student groups, family, and friends. So no, I really don't have time to read several books on a whim just so that I can have an argument with you on an online discussion board about the biblical meaning of the word "manna." :\

The point in reading the books are not so you can have a debate with me on the internet (obviously...), and the books do not solely focus on "manna."

I work over 40 hours a week, and have plenty of time to read books. I've been a student, and trust me, I KNOW YOU HAVE TIME TO READ BOOKS. So please, don't insult my intelligence because you want to make these exaggerated claims of being "Mr. Busy Beaver," without any time available to read a book (that shouldn't take more than a few days to read, considering you are this "Super Edumucation Man" you claim to be).

The reality is you're just making excuses, and are lazy (or uninterested, which is reasonable).

I've posted the sources you needed to look into, and if you don't want to accept them for whatever unjustified reason you decide to give me. That's fine. Just in the future don't argue with someone on a topic you can't readily understand because you haven't done the proper research on. Also, don't get disgruntled because you cant go right to Wikipedia or the nearest "expert" to find the "answer," and you actually have to conduct the research on your own from varying sources.

Last edited:
The point in reading the books are not so you can have a debate with me on the internet (obviously...), and the books do not solely focus on "manna."

I work over 40 hours a week, and have plenty of time to read books. I've been a student, and trust me, I KNOW YOU HAVE TIME TO READ BOOKS. So please, don't insult my intelligence because you want to make these exaggerated claims of being "Mr. Busy Beaver," without any time available to read a book (that shouldn't take more than a few days to read, considering you are this "Super Edumucation Man" you claim to be).

The reality is you're just making excuses, and are lazy (or uninterested, which is reasonable).

I've posted the sources you needed to look into, and if you don't want to accept them for whatever unjustified reason you decide to give me. That's fine. Just in the future don't argue with someone on a topic you can't readily understand because you haven't done the proper research on. Also, don't get disgruntled because you cant go right to Wikipedia or the nearest "expert" to find the "answer," and you actually have to conduct the research on your own from varying sources.

You're right, I've got plenty of time to read books. And I do. But I don't have time to read every book available about every subject I find interesting. I never asked you to give me a detailed lecture about the interrelationship between psychedelics and scripture. I merely asked for a little evidence to back up the claims that you posted earlier in this thread. That's all that anyone here has asked you for, and what have you given us in return? Dismissive, flippant recommendations that we go out and educate ourselves before so much as considering speaking with you? Well thanks, it's really improved my understanding of the subject matter.

If you had no interest in elucidating the logic behind your assertions then why did you bother posting them? And if they're so obvious then why aren't you willing to explain them? And you're calling me lazy? Give me a fucking break, man.

He lost this argument long ago. It's now going something like "show SOME evidence to support this claim" to which he responds "you're stupid and lazy." I must admit though, some of this ad hominem is quite lulzy.

All I know is that at this point I certainly do not consider myself "honored to be chosen" as a participant in this discussion. Bleghhhhh. :)

Haha. Yeah anyways, ++++. Crazy stuff.

@OP - Sorry for aiding in the hijacking of your thread

I tend to believe that story describes a UFO encounter. They follow around a "pillar of cloud(or smoke)" by day that blocks them from the sunlight and turns into a "pillar of fire" by night and gives them light when it's dark. Food falls out of this thing in the sky so they don't starve to death. Eventually Moses ENTERS the pillar of cloud/fire, talks, and when he comes out, he has a weird glow to him. Later in the bible, hundreds of years in the future, Moses reappears with Elijah (who ALSO took a "chariot of fire" into the sky) and they chit-chat with Jesus. I'm thinking some sort of cloning project was going on. The only two people in the bible who were taken into the clouds show up years later with Jesus?

Most of you will think I'm a crazy, but I think I'm on the right track here.
Alt i gotta 100% agree with you here. Theres so much more then is told to the public on this & it wouldnt be a first time at all. Alexander the great when sacking a city with walls larger then his army could break reports a flaming disc that shot part of the wall to bits enabling him to enter and win. The arch of the cov seems to be high technology in itself if you read the descriptions.

The old testiment speaks of "gods" and they say "dont make any depictions of me... OR ELSE!!" Lol wtf? No true god is going to do that, just beings with advanced technology who are afraid of something/someone. Anywho, fuck what the mainstreamers think of that, your on the right track. Keep it up ma dude & dont let any dumbass bring you down.

Also, whoever wins the battle writes the history books.