• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ++++ Thread

Talking with educated friends while on psychedelics brought me to a very high state, don't know if I would call it ++++ but it damn sure cleared my mind and made me feel whole again.
Iknow once on 2c-b-fly 27mgwhen I was sitting in the reclining chair watching the visualizations on TV and listening to some rabbit in the Moon, I felt as though I was transported to another place, the walls were closing around me and I could feel something or someones prescense. I stayed in that state for about 20 min. Thinking that I was in someones elses body and viewing the earth as a god. For that brief time I really felt that I was was not of this world and nothing that was going on around me made any sense. I beleive that I may have reached that state of ++++ Once it ended I was really wanting to go back to that feeling again, but there was no way. It sorta just happened. I wanted very badly to go back again but I think that I was allowed just a taste. Maybe I can reach it again one day. I will never forget it. I am getting slight chills thinking about it as I write this.. I am absolutley sure I have forgotten details but it is pretty hard to descibe a feeling so wonderful and powerful with words.......

Xorkof your report on the first time you tried mushrooms will forever be in my mind, that was just so awesome and beautiful that I had to reply. You have made my year. Your ideologies about the whole experience are extremely motivating even to the most uptight person in the non-drug world. Thankyou so much for taking the time to share your awesome experience to everyone else, thankyou.

[merged]

sorry, I didn't want to sound like a groupie it's just that I have never experienced any phychedelic experience except marijuana due to my gf completely hating ANY drug even though im desperately seeking greater knowledge as my mind cannot come up with anything new. And I thoroughly believe you need outside chemicals to fully enhance your ideas on life. thankyou anyway for that report, it has changed my entire view on everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xork I loved your mushroom report, I only glanced at your 2CE report (am tired after nightshift) but your mushroom report reminds me of my first time on acid, the enthusiasm the disbelief the all emcompassimg revelatory qualities etcetera!
You write very nicely !

haha thanks, i've been lurking these forums for some time now, thought it was about time to finally join up. :)

That really means a lot... thank you :)

Just so you know, you just made my shitty day not so shitty. See how we all affect one another?

2c-b-fly 27mg, I was sitting in the recliner watching the visualizations on the TV and listening to Rabbit in the Moon "DEEPER"

The whole room melted away into a array of multi colors and I was instantly transported to somewhere that I had never been before.

I had this feeling that I was being occupied by some sort of entity, that was telling me that this is what it feels like to be part of the universe, and this is how we have fun, and to enjoy this taste of universal harmony that I was a part of for about 20 min. I was so deep I would reach to touch the wall and I was able to push the structure of the house back.. I started to sink into my recliner and felt as though I was going to liquefy into the earth..

It all happened so quickly I was shocked by the whole magnitude of this experience. Then my buddy sat up and said "hey this is the real deal" and pretty much snatched me out of where I was at like he was there with me also....

After that I tried to go back to that wonderful place of pure and total freedom to move about the cosmic frequencies but the door was closed...

I missed my chance but I did get my foot in for a few min. and I will never forget what it felt like to be a part of that......

I am sure there are some more details of that life changing experience but thats about all I can remember...

2c-b-fly was definatly my favorite. too bad I couldn't have tried it more than twice. the second time I shot a little lower and did 18 mg which was a pretty strong trip also especially during the day when I had taken it..

K-holing on the comedown of an acid trip last Saturday. I really don't know how to put it into words, or if it would even be a +4, but it was definitely one of the most intense trips I've ever experienced.

My Mescaline trip would be up there as well.

That's it I think. I've had tons and tons of +3 and whatnot, but these 2 I mentioned stand out for me more than any other trips I've had.

I've come so close but I don't think I've ever hit a ++++. I've lost my ego completely, and I've seen bananas who've claimed to be God fall out of my ceiling, but I still don't consider either experience a ++++. I guess I'll know when I hit it. *shrug*

the only real ++++ i have experienced was coming up on 4mg of doc and doing a LOT of wippits. i went inside myself,saw an eye that winked at me and heard a vice saying "did you see it? there it was,you might have missed it" and i snapped back into reality. right before the eye winked i remember crashing realizations about the nature of mind and sanity,something along the lines of "whatever you think will happen,will happen" only i saw exactly how that was all mapped out. i was shocked and amazed.

>>I agree... that's why I rarely-to-never use it. Yeah, I tend to think of ++++'s as meaning ego-loss, for some reason, and otherwise can't really find much of a difference between what a +++ and a ++++ are supposed to be.>>

That's how I usually think of it.

The pharmacological soup:
medium dose LSD, high-dose cannabis, possibly laced with PCP (I remain skeptical, but it did have a bizzare chemical odor. My friends, who weren't tripping, remain convinced that it was laced).

Induction:
Severe time-dialation (1 frame of television appeared on screen for 10 subjective minutes)
Direct, vital experience of logical contradiction.
Realization of immersion in contingent causal chains, disillusion of free-will.
Bodily blending into my surrounding. It felt as if I was being stirred into a reality-soup.
Emotions of extreme terror.

Peak:
Abolition of time, space, conceptual distinction, and self-hood. "I" ceased to be. There was only a primal unity of psychedelic patterns. There was accompanying music that my brain was generating.
Emotions of extreme bliss.

Reflection:
OH, so THIS is what the hell Timothy Leary was going on about... :)

ebola

1. 4 Hits of LSD with no tolerance
2. First time I smoked DMT
3. First time DOB
4. Mushrooms and Syrian Rue

Each of these has an amazing story behind it. For me its hard to say which was the most intense, more like they were all equal but different.

The Elusive Plus Four (++++) - Have You Had One?

I was inspired to write this after seeing many misinterpretations of the meaning of the Plus Four experience on the Shulgin Rating Scale. Let's revisit that here:

PLUS FOUR (++++)

A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment.

So many people speak of having a Plus Four when what they really mean was that they had a wopping, strong experience. The plus four is rare, elusive, transcendent and changes your life forever. I think one has to be quite discerning about their experience and may even have to spend some time integrating an experience before its true nature becomes apparent. I have had experiences that at the time, or shortly after, I thought were +4, but after a few days or weeks, I've realized that they really were not and I was just swept away by the intensity of the trip.

So, read Shulgin's scale, then re-read it again two or three more times, and ask yourself honestly ... have I ever had a plus four experience? Then post your results here. I'd love to start a poll, but I don't know how to do it. If a mod could assist I would be indebted. My selections would be:

I have them every time I trip!
Yes, three or more in my life time.
Yes, I've had 2
Yes, I've had one
No, I've never experienced a Plus Four
I really don't understand what a Plus Four is?

My answer: Yes, I've had two, one on 9 g of mushrooms, and one on 50 mg of oral DMT taken with an MAOI. 8o

To answer briefly; yes, twice.

Both times were predominantly fueled by Zazen (sitting meditation) but were under the influence of about 4 grams of potent dried cubensis and 4 hits of LSD.

Other times have been close, but I wouldn't call them +4's due to the absoluteness of the just mentioned two experiences.

MDMA on many occasions has left me feeling supremely connected in all respects, ayahuasca has opened up the threads of the cosmic net of Indra, salvia divinorum has dissolved all meaning and replaced it with an existence of pure Hegelian dialectics.

If I had to pick a single, seminal +4 that has blue-printed all further psychedelic insight, it wouldn't be on any drug. Just meditation. Weeks upon weeks of daily Zazen builds up something quite powerful... :|

Honored to be "chosen" ++++

How does it feel to know you've been chosen to receive a ++++?

Words wont do justice to describe this experience, complete lose of "you" and a blending with eternity/the universe.

I was deeply honored to receive such a sacrament knowing that one can not necessarily achieve such an experience even after dosing large doses for months straight.

IME: It's akin to initiation/being chosen to see the "Truth beyond truths" or as some may understand it, to go beyond "The gate". Much like tapping into akashic(see edgar cayce) records but more distorted then what becomes available through deep meditation.

Of course one looses the "knowing everything" aspect once returning to earth & your physical vessel.

* PLUS / MINUS (+/-) The level of effectiveness of a drug that indicates a threshold action. If a higher dosage produces a greater response, then the plus/minus (+/-) was valid. If a higher dosage produces nothing, then this was a false positive.

* PLUS ONE (+) The drug is quite certainly active. The chronology can be determined with some accuracy, but the nature of the drug's effects are not yet apparent.

* PLUS TWO (++) Both the chronology and the nature of the action of a drug are unmistakably apparent. But you still have some choice as to whether you will accept the adventure, or rather just continue with your ordinary day's plans (if you are an experienced researcher, that is). The effects can be allowed a predominant role, or they may be repressed and made secondary to other chosen activities.

* PLUS THREE (+++) Not only are the chronology and the nature of a drug's action quite clear, but ignoring its action is no longer an option. The subject is totally engaged in the experience, for better or worse.

* PLUS FOUR (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samādhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.
+ scale by Shulgin

Perhaps the best tool to stop addiction in its tracks. I've seen Heroin/meth/crack addicts redirect themselves due to what they experience in there.

Last edited: