• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You might be an alcoholic if..

You might be an alcoholic if...

*You played Edward 40-hands by yourself and had a good time

* You think all drinking games are stupid because you just wanna get trashed... Aint no time for games!!!

...if your breakfast is a handful of antacids and valiums washed down with Evan Williams

...if that bottle of Evan Williams moves from the kitchen to right next to your bed because you can't make it to the kitchen without a few pulls of whiskey first

...if your hands keep shaking even though you are drinking all day

...if you have to have surgery, tell the doctor your an alcoholic, receive continuous sedatives to prevent DTs, but STILL almost die from DTs and have to go on an ethanol drip

...if the quality of car you drive gets progressively worse and worse because you total each vehicle after a few months because you're always driving drunk

...if you've got a suspended license due to DWIs but you still drive drunk because you're never NOT drunk

...if you carry around a fast food cola cup that's actually half filled with Evan Williams when you go shopping (or anything else outside the house)

...if you have bleeding stomach ulcers from non-stop drinking, but you still don't put the bottle down

...if Evan Williams becomes too expensive so you switch to 10 High and then finally to the cheapest 80 proof the store has period

...if you have $8 in your family's bank account and you spend it on a bottle instead of on food for your kids

These are all things I've seen from close family members, mainly while growing up and as a young teenager many moons ago. Surprisingly, I never had a real problem with booze myself, even though pretty much every member of my family has to varying degrees.

And I ended up being the bad guy in my family because of my dope habits... Alcoholism used to be almost 'OK', while us junkies were utterly demonized. Nowadays I think alcoholics have a pretty nasty stigma around them too.

I never used to be a big drinker but Evan Williams, that's my shit right there! 13 dollars for a fifth of decent liquor which comes in a glass bottle, can't go wrong with ol' Evan Williams

I never used to be a big drinker but Evan Williams, that's my shit right there! 13 dollars for a fifth of decent liquor which comes in a glass bottle, can't go wrong with ol' Evan Williams

Hell yeah! My old boss at a pizza shop I used to work would ask me if I "wanted to speak to Evan" and handed me the bottle haha and I always "spoke to him" lmao

... If you drink a glass of red wine that's been on your bedside table for three days unfinished
... If you have to have three beers and two shots of vodka before you get dressed for work to counter your hangover
... If you don't mind a glass of Stone's Green Ginger Wine without mixer
... If you go on wine tasting trips for the sole purpose of getting drunk and having someone else carry your booze home
... If you don't trust people who don't drink. Seriously
... If you cannot recall the last time you went 24 hours without a drink
... If the thought of "Dry July" gives you the dry horrors

... If you drink a glass of red wine that's been on your bedside table for three days unfinished

That's a weird one. Wouldn't imagine a glass of alcohol would be left unfinished for that long. Certainly wouldn't have made it past one evening if it were my home.

Bought a 3 l box of 13% red wine one time, thinking that I'm feeling like wine and that shit is cheap, but surprisingly good and I won't have to worry about running out early. And lo and behold, I devoured that fucker in one evening. Went to a bar afterwards too. As you can imagine, I didn't feel on top of my game in the morning, or well, afternoon, when I woke up.

Last edited:
That's a weird one. Wouldn't imagine a glass of alcohol would be left unfinished for that long. Certainly wouldn't have made it past one evening if it were my home.

Bought a 3 l box of 13% red wine one time, thinking that I'm feeling like wine and that shit is cheap, but surprisingly good and I won't have to worry about running out early. And lo and behold, I devoured that fucker in one evening. Went to a bar afterwards too. As you can imagine, I didn't feel on top of my game in the morning, or well, afternoon, when I woke up.

hahahaha box wine, omg too many fucking memories..... gets the job done

You might be an alcoholic:

When you bring almost a full bottle of tequila over your friend's house, but nobody is down to drink tequila and even your tequila drinking buddy says no because his body is really hurting from the other night. So you just start pouring lots of tequila in your cup and a little bit of a mixer on top. Then your friends whip out adderall and you have adderall... so now you're drinking and on amphetamines. You keep drinking and drinking all night, literally. Then one of their roommates wakes up and is getting ready to go to work. That's when you take the bottle of tequila and straight drink what's left in it. However, at this point the adderall wears off (so now all the liquor straight smacked me in the face) and you say to your friends, "It's 10am and I am fucking drunk." Then your friend goes, "yes you're, get some sleep." And you then pass out sitting up on a couch for four hours. Lol, only waking up at times to mumble something and hearing your friend telling you to go back to sleep.

Last edited:
That's a weird one. Wouldn't imagine a glass of alcohol would be left unfinished for that long. Certainly wouldn't have made it past one evening if it were my home

Yeah that's more of a cheapskate thing. I did it a lot when unemployed.

hahahaha box wine, omg too many fucking memories..... gets the job done

You might be an alcoholic:

When you bring almost a full bottle of tequila over your friend's house, but nobody is down to drink tequila and even your tequila drinking buddy says no because his body is really hurting from the other night. So you just start pouring lots of tequila in your cup and a little bit of a mixer on top. Then your friends whip out adderall and you have adderall... so now you're drinking and on amphetamines. You keep drinking and drinking all night, literally. Then one of their roommates wakes up and is getting ready to go to work. That's when you take the bottle of tequila and straight drink what's left in it. However, at this point the adderall wears off (so now all the liquor straight smacked me in the face) and you say to your friends, "It's 10am and I am fucking drunk." Then your friend goes, "yes you're, get some sleep." And you then pass out sitting up on a couch for four hours. Lol, only waking up at times to mumble something and hearing your friend telling you to go back to sleep.

Sounds more of a regular young-adult-binge-drinking type of situation to be honest. I would rather put it this way: when neither you nor your drinking buddy can say no to a drink of any kind because your bodies are hurting so much.

You might be an alcoholic if... you know drinking doesn't give you any pleasure, any excitement, any positive emotion at all, yet you still do it, compulsively. And not even out of dependence.

Sounds more of a regular young-adult-binge-drinking type of situation to be honest. I would rather put it this way: when neither you nor your drinking buddy can say no to a drink of any kind because your bodies are hurting so much.

You might be an alcoholic if... you know drinking doesn't give you any pleasure, any excitement, any positive emotion at all, yet you still do it, compulsively. And not even out of dependence.
Damn...this sums it up for me exactly.

You might be an alcoholic if you routinely pass out with a beer in your hand on the couch; spilled on you, the couch, and the floor.

You might be an alcoholic if you routinely pass out with a beer in your hand on the couch; spilled on you, the couch, and the floor.

My bed was never clean when I used to drink a lot. I'd often watch something on my computer or read in bed while drunk, and as I was flailing about in my drunken state, I'd always spill beer on the bed. I even remember being in a not-give-a-fuck state and pouring a new beer into the glass too rapidly that the foam started coming out of the glass and I would just sit and watch as it came out, came down the outer wall of the glass and soaked into the sheets. Lmao.

My bed was never clean when I used to drink a lot. I'd often watch something on my computer or read in bed while drunk, and as I was flailing about in my drunken state, I'd always spill beer on the bed. I even remember being in a not-give-a-fuck state and pouring a new beer into the glass too rapidly that the foam started coming out of the glass and I would just sit and watch as it came out, came down the outer wall of the glass and soaked into the sheets. Lmao.
Lol that's great. My couch is absolutely saturated with alcohol, I often wake up and the couch is still wet haha.

When you drink a whole bottle of american honey (friend's had a little) and you still manage to cook rice/chicken for them late at night/it was early morning technically. I also didn't burn anything and immediately crashed after that.

Lol, this happened last night... I don't remember drinking that much and that was only within a couple hours. Hahaha

I went through a brief honey liquor phase. It was weird. My favorite was probably Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey...struck a good balance between Bushmills Honey (not enough honey) and Barenjager (too much honey!)

I went through a brief honey liquor phase. It was weird. My favorite was probably Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey...struck a good balance between Bushmills Honey (not enough honey) and Barenjager (too much honey!)

I tried Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, but it was okay I guess. American honey is my shit though. I blame my gay friend's for getting me hooked on that shit. I like a lot of whiskey's though and it doesn't have to be honey. I also am stuck in a tequila phase right now as well and have been for awhile.

I don't drink every day or anything like I used to, but when I drink I can still drink... I never lose my tolerance :\

I did this shit alot during heavy drinking periods.Also, getting woken up on your couch you passed out on by the police to arrest for shit you don't remember doing.

I never us to wake up with half a drink I would keep on drinking even after blacking out, hearing about it after is kind of embarrassing but I've thrown up in my pint glass and then tried to order another

I didn't know I was an alcoholic until my hands started shaking and getting cold at 5pm in the afternoon. I gotta admit it took about a year of daily use 375ml...to start feeling "real" withdrawal symptoms.

I would fight the hangover with my prescribed ADHD meds....after about 4-5 hours, the withdrawals came creeping. I remember drinking 150ml of 40% and it would feel like one beer.

I don't even want to get started on the nights where I would drink 375ml and fiend for more....walking at 3am to buy a $2-$3 malt liquor.

I knew I was fucked when I started waking up with massive headaches and dehydration even after making sure to drink A LOT of water.

A guy I dated would put a full glass full of vodka on his bedstand so he could have it when he woke up. Trying to get him to stop I once took his keys and left - he called a cab to get to the liquor store. Went to a froufrou seafood restaurant and ordered raw oysters - and ate them with straight vodka. That was the night be promised would be the best in my life, a real date. After he passed out in the hotel, I took his credit card, went to malwart and bought a new netbook. When he woke up the next day, I was busily wiping its brain and installing Linux. I showed it to him and told him what I'd done. He said, "Why'd you buy that junk? I don't buy cheap shit". Had to love him a bit for that.

At one point I made him buy me a bottle of Strega (saffron liquor) - I boiled out the alcohol and made some incredible hard candy.

Last edited: