• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AU: Ecstasy riddled with rat poison, other chemicals

E-llusion

Bluelight Crew
ECSTASY tablets are being laced with deadly chemicals, anaesthetics and crushed glass as drug dealers attempt to cut costs and swindle users, the Australian Federal Police warned yesterday.

In a major alert to parents, concerned police say teenagers are "dicing with death" and risking permanent brain damage by taking pills that could be up to 10 times stronger than regular ecstasy, commonly referred to as MDMA.

"One of the biggest problems with consuming tablets being sold as ecstasy is that you never know what you are actually taking, it is more like playing Russian roulette," AFP border and international manager Assistant Commissioner Tim Morris said.

During recent drug hauls, the AFP's illicit drug intelligence program has analysed tablets that have shown traces of various "adulterants" including heroin, LSD, rat poison, methamphetamine, veterinary anaesthetics and crushed glass.

Police said that while some ecstasy tablets look normal, the branding on pills must not be mistaken as some sort of "quality assurance" and a spokesman said users were "dicing with death" by taking the "deadly" pills.

The latest Federal Government statistics estimated that of the 600,000 users of ecstasy in Australia, 8.3 per cent have used the drug at least once a week.

Among 14- to 19-year-old users 17.3 per cent used ecstasy - which experts say is growing in popularity compared with other illicit drugs - at least once a week.

Recent government statistics also show that over 1.5 million had used ecstasy in their life and males were more likely than females to have used ecstasy.

Police say deadly chemicals, including poisons, are being mixed into "impure" ecstasy pills sold by dealers, including MDA, PMA, PMMA and 2CB, which has "hallucinogenic effects".

Illicit drugs expert Paul Dillon, from Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia, said ecstasy is becoming cheaper on the streets, retailing for between $20 and $35, and has become known as a "notoriously impure drug".

"Drug users don't care that it's not being called ecstasy any more as long as they are flying," Mr Dillon said. "They don't call it (ecstasy), they say, 'I'm going to take some pills'."

He said all these toxic chemicals have a similar damaging effect on the brain, with PMA being the most notorious impurity.

It has killed dozens of young people from overdoses over the past decade.

A more alarming trend highlighted by Mr Dillon was that other illicit drugs were "going down" in popularity, while ecstasy "is bucking the trend".

"We need to start looking at ways of dealing with it more effectively, especially as it's getting cheaper and is of poor quality," he said, warning parents and drug users to be "extremely careful".

-------------------

By Brad Watts

March 13, 2009 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,25178918-5006009,00.html

This article is a load of garbage imho. Heroin, LSD, crushed glass and rat poison in pills? Whatever, even if its true which I doubt its just another argument for legalization. On one hand they demonize MDMA then on the other they admit MDMA is safe but pills are garbage and since when is MDA a more deadly chemical than MDMA?
If this article was a ship it would be sinking real fast from all the fucking holes in it.

The media loves picking on ecstasy. Every 4th article on news.com.au seems to be about ecstasy. In fact it's always the same old shit, just "re-worded".

Why are they allowed to outright lie in the media? Honestly they're not even trying any more cmon guys.

If it was 'dicing with death' then surely a large portion of users would die very quickly thus other potential users would think heyyyy wait a minute my friends are all dying perhaps I won't take this. People have fucking brains and when they see others going out and having a great time on this KILLER DRUG and not suffering any ill consequences of course they are going to do it too.

Crushed glass?! Rat poison?! Why the fuck would any drug dealer want to kill their customers? Even if they are the lowest dirty scumbag on the planet giving out pills which people have a fantastic time on is the way to make them come back and buy next week. Logic, where art thou?

typical propaganda bullshit. why would a dealer go through the trouble of cutting pills with crushed glass or rat poison when there are plenty of cheaper and easier substances available to cut them with. Crushed glass, you have to be joking?

The fact that it refers to LSD being used as an adulterant proves this report to be ludicrous nonsense. They clearly don't even understand the basic chemistry of drugs.

And the russian roulette comparison is so fucking cliche, come on now.

Cutting pills with heroin, not just because of it's great oral BA but also because of it's low cost.8)

Un-fuckin-real...cutting pills with glass? thats gotta do a number on the GI tract. Real scary when u think about it...

and ppl say that then dont cut pills with heroin. i like to contradict. A buddy of mine was arrested for possession of MDMA. When police tested the pills it came back positive for MDMA and Heroin...therefore he was charged with possession of MDMA and Heroin. Tests were 100% correct as my buddies defense lawyer tried to fight it..but lost.

So.. where are all these E users that are dead from strychnine and glass. Spare me. If the govt are so concerned, decriminalise it, control it.

Old news about illegal street drugs containing adulterants, demonization of drug users and their bad risk taking, etc..

But that aside, 600,000 Aussies take MDMA? That's almost 3% of the population %)

Well, the basic premise of the article is that ecstacy tablets are notoriously impure and potentially dangerous, and those are both true. That's why we have test kits.

Also, if a tablet sold as ecstacy contains any psychoactives other than MDMA, it is very much adulterated...unless the presence of the other drugs is advertised by the dealer.

Strychnine is not that toxic, and could plausibly appear in pills; crushed glass is no different from sand, which could appear in pills simply by accident.

It is definitely an issue of public health to have bad pills showing up all over the land, and I say find the source and arrest that person, because they're knowingly endangering other people's lives.

Like someone has posted previously, this is just another reason to legalize.

Un-fuckin-real...cutting pills with glass? thats gotta do a number on the GI tract. Real scary when u think about it...

and ppl say that then dont cut pills with heroin. i like to contradict. A buddy of mine was arrested for possession of MDMA. When police tested the pills it came back positive for MDMA and Heroin...therefore he was charged with possession of MDMA and Heroin. Tests were 100% correct as my buddies defense lawyer tried to fight it..but lost.

Did you see thing thing about the false positives? im sure you did....what kind of test did they do?

Uhm the tests are NOT 100% correct, in fact they very unreliable, according to the article posted directly below this one.

Check it out:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423553

And even if a pill did have Heroin in it, the question is WHY. Chances are it wont get you high, and the amount one would have to eat to get high would cost way more than the pure MDMA by itself. The whole point of cutting one drug with another is that your lowering the cost of product to produce, while still making it good enough to get you loaded. Cutting one drug with a more expensive drug just dont make sense

The tests that that article was refering to was field tests if im not mistaken. Anyways, we all already know that the government is far more concerned with perpetuating their own myths and propoganda so they can feel safe and comfortable than they are with promoting truth and logic for the sake of saftey. The war on drugs has never made a bit of sense to me, It started as a way to make profit for the government but somhow has gone completly sideways and degenerated into some weird moral crusade that is purly detramental to the safty and financial stability to any country that has become involved. Since when is common sense a radical ideology? Well, ive ranted enough. stop drop and roll, peace.

If the government in Australia actually gave a shit, they would legalize MDMA.

But, because it doesn't give a shit and would rather watch you and your children die, keeping MDMA illegal is the best move for everyone - that way when I want to do MDMA (without any other filler) I can, but if your child wants to do MDMA, they're going to eat a lot of glass, rat poison, and whatever else have you.

If you DIDN'T want your kid eating rat poison or broken glass, perhaps the war on drugs isn't your top priority?

It has killed dozens of young people from overdoses over the past decade.

"We need to start looking at ways of dealing with it more effectively, especially as it's getting cheaper and is of poor quality," he said, warning parents and drug users to be "extremely careful".

It has killed dozens of young people because we have an overpopulation crisis, and killing people is a better idea versus saving their lives, only to watch them reproduce and fill up the world faster with their unwanted children.

What "we" need to do is legalize all drugs, because that's the only way to "deal with it more effectively...".

Warning people to be "extremely careful" will only turn out more criminals; if your child doesn't want to eat glass shards to roll MDMA, then they'll turn out to be a drug dealer selling the glass shard containing rolls to other people in order to keep their own MDMA rolls clean.

You have a society that cannibalizes each other, and people STILL can't correlate it to the war on drugs. It's like people don't see any correlations between anything in life...otherwise I don't think that Catholicism would still be around.

and since when is MDA a more deadly chemical than MDMA?
If this article was a ship it would be sinking real fast from all the fucking holes in it.

It's not more deadly, it's more psychedelic. People who can't tell the difference often equate them to be the same (ie whoever wrote this article).

MDA > MDMA

Why are they allowed to outright lie in the media?
Because of the freedom of press. It's also really easy to make lies seem truthful, whereas telling the truth (with these kinds of circumstances) can be harder than telling a lie. It's easier to lie to people about drugs. "Just Say No!" works better than explaining pharmacology to an entire nation.

If it was 'dicing with death' then surely a large portion of users would die very quickly thus other potential users would think heyyyy wait a minute my friends are all dying perhaps I won't take this.
That's how the best smack is scored (off of dead people)...I don't know why death wouldn't indicate good drugs. ;) (tehehe)

Crushed glass?! Rat poison?! Why the fuck would any drug dealer want to kill their customers? Even if they are the lowest dirty scumbag on the planet giving out pills which people have a fantastic time on is the way to make them come back and buy next week. Logic, where art thou?
That way they can't RAT you out! Get it?=D

The thing is, things that aren't even ANY drug can test positive for heroin. Or cocaine, or delta 9.

Your buddy was a fucking retard, and I don't mean to just mock retards. Heroin and MDMA are both class 1 drugs, did he think telling the judge "I just wanted to get thizzed out, they put heroin in my roll!!1" was going to work? No...because MDMA is the same as heroin in the eyes of the law.

They typically wouldn't cut MDMA with heroin, unless you're in an area where heroin is cheap (New Jersey) but MDMA runs for 25, 30 (or higher) per each dose (plenty of places in the whole world). This is highly uncommon though, heroin is rarely added into MDMA pills (seeing as heroin itself can be sold for more money under the right circumstances). I won't say no one did it (seeing as most pills have something else other than just MDMA)...it's just highly unlikely.

Last edited:
jesus christ, where do they come up with this bullshit? I looked over dance safe and have not found one pill report stating heroin was in it.. never heard of LSD being in ecstasy either.

I can see 2C-B being pawned off as E (happens near my area more frequent than I would like to see, but hey 2c-b is rare as shit so I won't complain too much).

Crushed glass? That's just bullshit.

MDA is not that uncommon, but it's not really dangerous (why are they making a big deal over MDA? MDE is a common cutting agent also).

I don't know.. I guess it irritates me that the media blatently lies to people to scare them from doing shit, nice way of having a leash on civilization.

Maybe they are just trying to cover up that BS about how e will cause irreparable brain damage. rat poison would do the trick. sneaky bastards.:|