• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AU: Ecstasy riddled with rat poison, other chemicals

i work in harm reduction in a company in the uk that has the contract from the government to work in a certain area, and we go on the best and most informative drugs information courses in the country. Although there has been scare stories in the uk for years regarding heroin in ecstacy tablets, there has never once been a case recorded of this being true. Heroin has never been found in e's in the uk as far as we are taught.

Bull.

your trying to tell me that some shady dealer has got pill presses and binder. Your telling me that theyve been taking the pills and theve been grinding them up, lacing them with explicit chemicals, then repressing them and stamping them?

thats bullshit.

go ahead and live in your little dream world.

your little dream world were those gucci stamped ecstacy pills are being made in a shady lab, in australia.

Your little dream world were some shady dude can make pill stamps by hand.

Go ahead, make a pill stamp by hand.

Why dont you go to the most drug filled city in the world, and look for a pill stamper.

Why ever you making up trash like this, is not my understanding.

Your little dream world were ecstacy is MDMA, and NOT MDA.

your little dream world were PCP is found in detroit, and LSD blotter hits are being sold in the midwest.

Go ahead.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the same themes recur in media coverage of drugs. Others have noted the rat poison/glass myths, as originally seen in the UK. There's also the 'here's a new variety of this drug that is 10 times stronger than the old one" myth, which has been seen many times before: with skunk in the UK vs old style cannabis; with P in NZ vs older style speed (and then, ironically, with other "variants" like ice, which we are told is stronger than P....).

The problem is that some of this article is 100% correct: pills in Aus have contained PMA, and people have died from it. Pills are (at least anecdotally) becoming less pure - as anyone reading BL will know. But then they through in the glass/rat poison and other nonsense, and ruin it. There's a half-decent harm reduction message in there, but the errors ruin it.

i will disect

ECSTASY tablets are being laced with deadly chemicals, anaesthetics and crushed glass as drug dealers attempt to cut costs and swindle users, the Australian Federal Police warned yesterday.

-Costs for what? Raw chemicals ? There is NO black market for raw chemicals.

In a major alert to parents, concerned police say teenagers are "dicing with death" and risking permanent brain damage by taking pills that could be up to 10 times stronger than regular ecstasy, commonly referred to as MDMA.

- Parents? Boys dont have fathers.

"One of the biggest problems with consuming tablets being sold as ecstasy is that you never know what you are actually taking, it is more like playing Russian roulette," AFP border and international manager Assistant Commissioner Tim Morris said.

-Ecstacy pills are high quality drugs, none of them are bad.

-The worst pill is the Question mark "?". Because its made with DXM. As it was ment to be.

-whats wrong with a pill that gets you high on ketamine and DXM?

-If someone sold a ? mark to you as ecstacy, they were right. It is ecstacy.

-some pills are cut with dxm to make them more dexterious.

-Bunk E pills are actually pills of 5-htp and dopamine.
-- If a dealer sold you a bunk pill, they knew that it wasnt ecstacy, and they wanted to rip you off.
--- but they didnt make the pill. it was a pill of dopamine not ment to be sold as ecstacy.

During recent drug hauls, the AFP's illicit drug intelligence program has analysed tablets that have shown traces of various "adulterants" including heroin, LSD, rat poison, methamphetamine, veterinary anaesthetics and crushed glass.

Police said that while some ecstasy tablets look normal, the branding on pills must not be mistaken as some sort of "quality assurance" and a spokesman said users were "dicing with death" by taking the "deadly" pills.

The latest Federal Government statistics estimated that of the 600,000 users of ecstasy in Australia, 8.3 per cent have used the drug at least once a week.

Among 14- to 19-year-old users 17.3 per cent used ecstasy - which experts say is growing in popularity compared with other illicit drugs - at least once a week.

Recent government statistics also show that over 1.5 million had used ecstasy in their life and males were more likely than females to have used ecstasy.

Police say deadly chemicals, including poisons, are being mixed into "impure" ecstasy pills sold by dealers, including MDA, PMA, PMMA and 2CB, which has "hallucinogenic effects".

- PMA isnt even dangerous. Its a type of amphetamine.
--- It just has a different feal than amphetamine.
--- Ecstacy is a formula, not MDMA

Illicit drugs expert Paul Dillon, from Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia, said ecstasy is becoming cheaper on the streets, retailing for between $20 and $35, and has become known as a "notoriously impure drug".

- Ecstacy is a pure drug.

"Drug users don't care that it's not being called ecstasy any more as long as they are flying," Mr Dillon said. "They don't call it (ecstasy), they say, 'I'm going to take some pills'."

He said all these toxic chemicals have a similar damaging effect on the brain, with PMA being the most notorious impurity.

It has killed dozens of young people from overdoses over the past decade.

A more alarming trend highlighted by Mr Dillon was that other illicit drugs were "going down" in popularity, while ecstasy "is bucking the trend".

"We need to start looking at ways of dealing with it more effectively, especially as it's getting cheaper and is of poor quality," he said, warning parents and drug users to be "extremely careful".

-------------------

By Brad Watts

March 13, 2009 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,25178918-5006009,00.html

Bla

Is this really front page material? Is someone trying to be funny or ironic or something? lol

Hopefully no one just reads the article, believes it, and leaves it at that..

10x stronger pills... ugh.. maybe you'll just get lucky and get some of those LSD and heroin pills that are all over the place these days....*cough*

Your buddy was a fucking retard, and I don't mean to just mock retards. Heroin and MDMA are both class 1 drugs, did he think telling the judge "I just wanted to get thizzed out, they put heroin in my roll!!1" was going to work? No...because MDMA is the same as heroin in the eyes of the law.

They typically wouldn't cut MDMA with heroin, unless you're in an area where heroin is cheap (New Jersey) but MDMA runs for 25, 30 (or higher) per each dose (plenty of places in the whole world). This is highly uncommon though, heroin is rarely added into MDMA pills (seeing as heroin itself can be sold for more money under the right circumstances). I won't say no one did it (seeing as most pills have something else other than just MDMA)...it's just highly unlikely.

That's exactly where I am...Northern NJ. A bundle (10 bags) of very potent and pure powder heroin is between $50-$70
The lawyer tried to fight the case stating that the judge and prosecutor should give his client (my buddy) one charge, Possession of MDMA, because that is what he thought he was purchasing, and he shouldnt be charged with the "cut" The lawyer told my buddy that it was his best route to go.
(I wouldn't have chose this option personally...but it ain't me)]

Although it is highly unlikely you will find heroin in MDMA pills, it was just a fact that was bought to my attention recently. When I saw this thread I thought I should post to inform, cuz that's what these forums are for:)

Did you see thing thing about the false positives? im sure you did....what kind of test did they do?
Yes i have seen the reviews on "False Positives"... but reguardless, my buddy was still charged and convicted...even if it was a false positive, no one will kno

ive heard of all the rumours, and ive known of small batches of pills with codeine or oxycodone cut with some speed or just caffeine, which would be cost effective enough and the amount of oxy or codeine you can fit in a pill is more than enough to smack out a first time user. i bet if i gave my dad a pill with 100mg of codeine and 100mg of caffeine (he uses neither) hed call it something effective and start "flying". remember back when happy valley was getting fucked and all the cops came after that guy died from PMA? A HUGE proportion of the pills there were just ketamine. from looking back at it all and trying to stop taking all these things the only bad thing about all this shit is that we inadvertantly became poly drug users, not caring what was in the pills. people came and go, hey i even saw a few of my fave djs in rehab! Theres a difference between "getting high" = + fun happy times and "taking drugs" = kill the pain of whatever it is for you. I take my hat off to all those who can take a pill or 2 and say when, thats my bad. some of us just cant, no matter how hard we try.

And 5 times stronger than irregular ecstasy eh?..... :\

crushed glass? rat poison? the same tales of woe have been spoken here in the u.k for years , do they ever show any evidence to back this up? how many people out there have been treated for say warfarin poisoning after popping a few pills? none i say , urban myth.

mmm indeed - the urban myths again... I agree with someone - someone should write a letter/email of complaint against newspapers writing lies about drugs - is it libel if it's not about a person?? :p

This is the worst, most incomprehensible article I've ever read...it stinks of retard

Bull.

your trying to tell me that some shady dealer has got pill presses and binder. Your telling me that theyve been taking the pills and theve been grinding them up, lacing them with explicit chemicals, then repressing them and stamping them?

thats bullshit.

go ahead and live in your little dream world.

your little dream world were those gucci stamped ecstacy pills are being made in a shady lab, in australia.

Your little dream world were some shady dude can make pill stamps by hand.

Go ahead, make a pill stamp by hand.

Why dont you go to the most drug filled city in the world, and look for a pill stamper.

Why ever you making up trash like this, is not my understanding.

Your little dream world were ecstacy is MDMA, and NOT MDA.

your little dream world were PCP is found in detroit, and LSD blotter hits are being sold in the midwest.

Go ahead.

Well put

what the fuck are you talking about? You should consider looking at peer reviewed literature instead of erowid.

PCP has been found in detroit (even recently). PCP is fairly easy to find in chicago, how the hell wouldn't it make it to detroit? Considering how easy it is to synthesize, it'd be amazing.

and the largest LSD bust in years was in the midwest.

Fucking hell, alot of you jump on the massive defensive very quickly there !

Its just the media ...... they dont get shit right very often, and love scare tactics when it comes to drugs .. whats new, suprised i even wasted my time posting this response.

i lol'd irl at this post :D
where are these magical ecstasy tabs made from heroin and LSD?
do the reagent tests mean nothing?
GC/MS as well?
AHAHAH
you Aussies are so funny :p

In a major alert to parents, concerned police say teenagers are "dicing with death" and risking permanent brain damage by taking pills that could be up to 10 times stronger than regular ecstasy, commonly referred to as MDMA.

Okay so a regular ecstasy pill is around 8mm x 3.5mm and around 260mg total weight. I would estimate today's regular pills would be contain 60-120mg of actual MDxx (ecstasy).

So yeah listen up parents, be on the look out for some big fuck off tablets that look like they would get stuck in the neck of a giraffe... they could be 10x stronger than regular ecstasy. :D

fucking loosers... Federal Police/Government propoganda machine is just laughing that they can cook up such ridiculous horse shit and the media and concerned public will still eat it up without asking questions.

:p :p

by harvey
Its just the media ...... they dont get shit right very often, and love scare tactics when it comes to drugs .. whats new, suprised i even wasted my time posting this response.

too right, I want the last 10mins of my life back, dirty bullshit media, government propaganda machine!

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the same themes recur in media coverage of drugs. Others have noted the rat poison/glass myths, as originally seen in the UK. There's also the 'here's a new variety of this drug that is 10 times stronger than the old one" myth, which has been seen many times before: with skunk in the UK vs old style cannabis; with P in NZ vs older style speed (and then, ironically, with other "variants" like ice, which we are told is stronger than P....).

The problem is that some of this article is 100% correct: pills in Aus have contained PMA, and people have died from it. Pills are (at least anecdotally) becoming less pure - as anyone reading BL will know. But then they through in the glass/rat poison and other nonsense, and ruin it. There's a half-decent harm reduction message in there, but the errors ruin it.

My favorite is when they start in about the "street value" of some dope the cops seized. Sometimes if you do the arithmetic you find that they misplaced one or two decimal points.

^^ what, are you trying to imply that dealers don't buy single hits of E for 30 dollars a piece when they're getting 50,000?