• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

^ good post.
I agree. Phenibut or gabapentin are a godsend for opiate wds. Just be careful to not get hooked on phenibut, it's hard to let go once you use it daily for an extended (longer than needed) period.
Phenibut or gabapentin with a benzo (if needed) almost alleviates all wd symptoms for me.

RLS and leg pains are my biggest wd problem.

I also recommend (if you can't get a benzo) trying clonidine along with hydroxyzine. Works great for anxiety as a combo and also helps wds.

-HOOD

I get RLS when on opioids even. If you're having them bad see a doc and get some Mirapex or Requip. Works great, but it's oddly psychoactive, not in any fun sense, though.

Otherwise for non-addictive meds, I'd say gabapentin.

For natural otc stuff, get some kratom. It will do the trick too, and if not cure, it'll greatly alleviate withdrawal.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) works well for restless legs, atleast for me. Don't use anything addictive like xanax because the restless legs last for like a month.

True gabapentin is a miracle for me not only for RLS but 90% of my withdrawal symptoms. Taken in high doses of course. I did make the mistake of using it for way too long though, and the withdrawal from the stuff was as bad as anything. Take for a week or two max and you shouldnt have a problem. Docs are very liberal with the perscription too...

Gabapentin/lyrica is amazing for withdrawal, stops restless legs, anxiety and even makes you stop feeling depressed, just DO NOT mix it with benzos, it WILL kill you, even small doses of both stop your involuntary breathing, this is ok if you are awake, but if you fall asleep you WILL DIE.

Personally clonidine + lyrica + immodium + 1-2kg of epsom salt in a bath is all you need for withdrawal, 150-300mg lyrica max with 1mg clonidine is a good mix, any more and you are far too drowsy and your blood pressure drops too low.

I echo myself for God know how many times now, harmala alkaloids.

Yea gabapentin and lyrica are great..except I believe its pretty hard to get em
.at least for me it is.especially getting anything prescribed for anxiety,except for antidepressants
.which I cannot.stand..

First off, seroquel always gave me awful RLS, although your mind wants sleep soo bad. Avoid it. Rls is a basic side effect of 'quels even before ever being an opiate user. Im on a 2mg yellow school bus right now plus 4 gel capsules of good old ibuprofen, which I prefer to tylenol due it its anti inflamitory effects. Oh and I took 2 of the lope 2mg knock offs of immodium this morning for some liquid bowels. My game plan was to use addys to give me energy while at work or even enjoying my sluggish weekend, but they speed up detox from op's so be prepared to lose sleep without a benzo. Like I said avoid seroquel. 4 days for me without opiates but using a few other pills of other types will make it a damned walk in the park. If you have dependency to these other drug classes I mentioned, then disreguard my process. It took me many tries of agony to get this plan I like so much. This time after my full opiate detox im getting on naltrexone. So excited. Then im requesting the 30 day shot. Im in this to win. Downside to naltrexone is you MUST detox first. At least get that first 3-4 days over with. We all have done it, just one more time guys, then watch your wonderful life come back!

The best to help with opiate withdrawal is 2mg of ativan ever 4 to six hours along with gabapintian 2000/3000 mg every eight hours

The best to help with opiate withdrawal is 2mg of ativan ever 4 to six hours along with gabapintian 2000/3000 mg every eight hours

2-3000 mgs of gabapentin!?!?!good god of course that would help withdrawals, it would also probably get you hgih as hell..i remember taking gabapentin for withdrawals way back and 600 mgs killed withdrawals and also gave me a slight buzz..

RLS is nasty, a heating pad is what i used...

I take magnesium powder and Rivotril(0.5mg or 2mg sublingual tsbdClonazepam if it gets so bad that im almost crying(im a man and yes boys do cry!)

Magnesium powder and Omega-3(fish oil) seems to really help. Exercise is something you really need to do when WD'ing. I get restless legs whether WD'ing or not and sometimes I wonder whether its worth living with this condition constantly torturing me but of course its worth living. Theres many ways you can try and I do mean try coz it doesn't always work, in fact sometimes its made worse. Magnesium POWDER, Fish oil, going for a walk for as long as you can. If you have a partned get them to massage your calves and hamstring(back and front, I don't think theyre both your hamstring but I discovered while coming off methadone(honestly, hell, worst WD Ive ever had and will ever put myself through again. Unfortunately the feeling comes back as soon as the massage stops but if you have one of those electric massagers then you can just lay it bed with that resting on your leg and something really painful can actually become quite pleaseurable.

Oh yes one last thing, plenty of water and the right foods, but what saved in the detox part of the rehab I went to was having hot, hot baths with Epson salts and lavender oil and just sit there til the water gets cold, Id honestly do this about 3 times during the day and 1-2 times at night. Im sure just a long hot shower would work too but the Epson salt and the calmng effect of the lavender oil really helps...... And last thing.... PARACETAMOL(NO codeine I repeat NO CODEINE!!!!) and Ibuprofen or voltaren gel would be really good I think. Drinking lots of water helps, distractions help, I find sitting in one spot all day makes it a lot worse and so does anti-histamine and anti-psychotics, they can put the RLS into overdrive which is enough to send you crazy. Ive never come across a doctor that understand or really gives s shit about RLS. Im not sure they even know what causes it and therefor how to fix it. Ill be jumping for joy when they do because its something that really affects my wellbeing.

Last edited:
I take magnesium powder and Rivotril(0.5mg or 2mg sublingual tsbdClonazepam if it gets so bad that im almost crying(im a man and yes boys do cry!)

Magnesium powder and Omega-3(fish oil) seems to really help. Exercise is something you really need to do when WD'ing. I get restless legs whether WD'ing or not and sometimes I wonder whether its worth living with this condition constantly torturing me but of course its worth living. Theres many ways you can try and I do mean try coz it doesn't always work, in fact sometimes its made worse. Magnesium POWDER, Fish oil, going for a walk for as long as you can. If you have a partned get them to massage your calves and hamstring(back and front, I don't think theyre both your hamstring but I discovered while coming off methadone(honestly, hell, worst WD Ive ever had and will ever put myself through again. Unfortunately the feeling comes back as soon as the massage stops but if you have one of those electric massagers then you can just lay it bed with that resting on your leg and something really painful can actually become quite pleaseurable.

Indeed methadone was for me the worst withdrawal I've ever experienced in my life. And the restlessness is simply unbearable. I could never sleep and had to walk all the time.

Applying heat or cold to your legs can help your discomfort. Same applies for Rivotril although it's an addicting medication and it should be used as prescribed. For a limited amount of time or as an SOS when you are feeling worse.

Massage also helps a lot. If you can manage exercises 4 times a week, that would also be great.

Good luck!

I've had some success with levodopa (L-DOPA). I think you need a prescription, but it's non-addictive and has no psychoactive properties, so you can just ask your GP and you'll get a prescription without problem. I do believe you can get withdrawals though after prolonged use.

It doesn't magically take away the restlessness, however - I've found that I can be awake all night, to 3am for example, unbearable, then I take the L-DOPA and whilst I'm laying there, I don't really feel like I'm getting any relief, but then somehow the next thing I know it's 7.30AM and my alarm is going off and behold; I've been asleep! So - in short, it's no magically cure and your legs will generally still feel awful, but it does seem to allow enough relief for sleep to occur, which in my book is a huge plus.

There are a few things I like about L-Dopa/Carbidopa for RLS. For one, it works fast, and it has no interactions I'm aware of. Taking weed, benzos, Gabapentin or anything else common with it was fine.

I took a small dose of ropinirole last time, and it helped, but it didn't solve it, for sure. That was with a 3 or 4mg dose of etizolam, though, which aside from alleviating the desire to get fucked up, did very little.

RLS the worst part of coming off of oxy! Any recommendations for coming off of 1000+mg daily OP 80s n instant 30s all day every day for 7 1/2 yrs...trying to quit cold turkey sick of the lifestyle opiates don't even work for me anymore jus needed to function. Amazing how fast a tolerance can go from 100mg to 1000mg :/ got as many barz as I need and as much chronic but that shit don't help. I even take 3 eight mg suboxone strips at once n it barely kills the sweats let alone the rls... any advice from a user like me??

RLS the worst part of coming off of oxy! Any recommendations for coming off of 1000+mg daily OP 80s n instant 30s all day every day for 7 1/2 yrs...trying to quit cold turkey sick of the lifestyle opiates don't even work for me anymore jus needed to function. Amazing how fast a tolerance can go from 100mg to 1000mg :/ got as many barz as I need and as much chronic but that shit don't help. I even take 3 eight mg suboxone strips at once n it barely kills the sweats let alone the rls... any advice from a user like me??

With a tolerance/doses like that, I highly suggest you to NOT cold turkey it.
Taper my friend, taper.

You might not wanna hear this, but.. given what you have said in that post. You may need inpatient rehab.
Good luck! :)

EDIT: Oh and also.. if you force yourself to, exercise can help tremendously. Just gotta have the will power to do so.

Last edited:
I've kicked pretty significant habits a few times using gabapentin and loperamide. Never a bad IV habit, but pretty serious OC use, at or over 300mg a day.

Starting on the first day of kiciking, I usually dose 400-600 mg of gabapentin throughout the day, every 4 hours or so. It maintains a slightly stoned, but decent frame of mind for me - and what's amazing is that it absolutely kills 90% of my withdrawal symptoms, including the joint and body pains, the restless legs, the nasal discharge, and the crazy anxiety. I end up taking 1600-2000 mg throughout the day.

The gabapentin takes 2-3 hours to kick in for me, so if you try it, don't be discouraged right away. I wake up daily with mild withdrawal. When kicking, the gabapentin takes my aches and pains and runny nose away about two hours after the first dose.

The other thing it doesn't take care of is the craps - I take 8-10 mg of loperamide for that, and I'm able to get through amazingly well with the two drugs.

If I'm in particularly bad shape, I'll grab some low dose benzos for bedtime only, but these usually aren't necessary. Sometimes only on day three, which always seems to be the worst for me.

The only habit I can't kick with gabapentin and loperamide is tramadol - I get nasty SNRI withdrawal symptoms that the gabapentin doesn't cover up. Currently working through this now - tramadol is one underrated drag to withdraw from.

restless legs sucks. i'm kept up because i always have a need to situate myself into a better, more comfortable position, that felt fine ten seconds ago.
benadryl only seems to make it worse.

Stay away from benadryl! Would 100% make it worse