• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

Tramadol is prescribed for RLS (off label) but will likely fuck around with your withdrawal. Maybe if you keep the dose very low and Intermittant in frequency?...
Mirtazapine is meant to be useful for some movement disorders, plus its damn good for sleep!.

I remember reading years back that all that rls restless energy shit is caused by an excess of noradrenaline (is that the right word even?)caused by opiate withdrawal; if you can find a drug thatll inhibit noradrenaline, that should eliminate the rls shit.i believe klonopin is designed for this, but ive heard there are nasty side effects.

Ya RLS for me is the most unbearable aspect of WD. Without any chemical assistance its fairly untreatable. Knocking yourself out is pretty much the only real 100% relief you'll get. I know u said u don't have access to benzos or valium but there are other things that are just as good. Flexorol or a muscle relaxed is great. Antipsychotics like seroquel knock u unconscious and are great for WD to. If you live with a roommate or parents check their medicine stash for these. I know its wrong but when I'm in WD ill do anything to make it stop.

If this fails, drink alcohol or smoke pot or both. I find they help me relax a bit. Drink some nyquil. Eating bananas for some reason helps with mild to moderate WD too.

Good luck I know its hell but lots of us here have made it thru and you can too.

Hello. Has anyone ever tried Magnilife restless legs relief tablets that is sold at CVS? Just wondering whether or not to spend the money. Was givin' major amounts of pain meds from my Dr.....then she retired....so I've been taking Subs....I cut back on those....haven't took a pill in months but I still can't go 1 entire day w/o something. It's the night time that I can't get thru!! RLS no matter if I take Valium or Xanax. I still have to take the smallest amount of a sub in order for the RLS to stop so I can relax and sleep. I also take melatonin nightly which is all natural herb. I'm so disappointed the last thing I wanted to do was subsitite 1 drug for the other. So MAGNILIFE or WITHDRAWAL EASE?.....work or don't bother??

Don't relapse. I am on Day17... Of a huge history of opiate abuse. The RLS blows and well, it's basically went from RLS to a burning sensation in my knees. It's really killing me.. But I am prepared to deal with this for months on end... I have to get better, you have to get better, WE have to get better. Keep up the good fight!

And remember every time you take an opiate your time starts over.. So if you were clean for 68 days then took a Sub to sleep... Back to day1. You got this man!! Just think about all of the people who want to see you ALIVE AND WELL!!

Old post I know... But anyone interested in curing RLS from opioid withdrawal, check my post on peganum harmala seeds for withdrawals... It cures it 100%, along with the other symptomes such as temperature fluctations, insomnia and sweats... It's a fucking miracle, and sooo cheap and easy to obtain.
Other good ones are pregabalin, oxcarbazepin and loperamide.

You can build a tolerance/dependency to loperamide. Mind filling me in on the others? Do any show up on UA's? (Urine Test.) Definitely interested. My RLS isn't near as bad but there is a burning sensation in my knees.

Yep..... But people are looking for NATURAL WAYS to cure/ease the RLS. Not everyone who has quit continues to have access to narcotics nor can they take them because of a UA.

Well, my mum has recently cold-turkeyed from codeine 200 mg a day so quite low, and I gave her around 2 grams of strong kratom and that worked brilliantly for her. I know it ain't natural but I've also heard good things about loperamide in the right doses.

Edit sorry just noticed lope's already been discussed. I've heard some people suggest weed, but IMO the drugs a sensitiser; using it in acute WDs would be unbearable to me.

^Wed is all right in w/d combined with benzos, and also maybe some alcohol.

Has anyone ever experienced restless legs while actually on heroin? I know about them while dting but this was my first time doing h. I just snorted it. It was almost white power slightly brown tinted. Didn't know if the restless legs were normal or not. I feel it shortly after doing a line. I guess I also should add that I did a line of crystal this morning too but that has been over 12 hours ago.

let me tell u guys something. I have been on a 2-month heroin binge and in about 2 days after my last shot, i feel 100% Im not gonna sell anything, I think the whole world shoud know how i did this. I took a combination of over otc, and rx. this is what i took. 800mg-gabapentin 2x/day. 20mg-baclofen 2x/day. 1000mg of l-tryptophan 2x/day. generic brand alleve and 1 immodium a day, i only took 1 short bath with epsom salt, and u can actually find epsom lotion at walmart. also i had 2-1mg of clonopin which i broke up into quarters and took a quarter 2x/day with the cocktail above. the gabapentin, baclofen, clonopin helps with the restless leg, i also think l-tryptophan helps with neurochemical balance. some guys say masterbating helps, because when men ejaculate, their brain releases l-tryptophan. my last shot was fri morning at 6am, and 10:00am on sunday I feel 100%. this is no gimmick, I am not a doctor, just a disabled vet with 148 IQ and too much time on his hands.. I ate normally, i slept normally. i played video games, i stretched a little and rubbed the epsom lotion all over. this helped me. i have been struggling with opiates for the past 7 years as an iv user. I was clean for 14 months, got tmj real bad and started taking methadone from my old heroin dealer, then couldnt get any more and started on heroin again to relieve the pain I used to inject 24 mg of dilaudid and 1/4 gram of heroin in a single shot, sometimes i would add cocaine. I attend na meetings, have a sponsor, and i have worked steps. 12 step groups are the only solution to long term sobriety that i have seen with my own 2 eyes. i want everyone to know how I did this. I do not promote NA, I am not out to make a quick buck, I just want people to know that there is hope, and that you do not, i repeat do not have to live life like a slave to a drug. I am in no way bull>>>>ting and to prove it u can message me your number and i will call you back if you have any questions. oh, and i stopped going to meetings the last 3 months, fyi.

Yes old thread but how about heating pad and/or Ben gay. Lavender oil aromatherapy and pandora downtempo radio to relax. Tapering the subs after 10 years and this seems to be helping

^
a satchet of hops and lavender in your pillow at night can be really good for relaxation and sleep.
Good luck with the taper!.

Also, honey and chamomile tea is just awesome for relaxation and sleep.

Last edited:
Sorry, but whoever posted that false fact is an idiot, Everyone knows you cannot get over the counter Codeine #1 anywhere in us, hello? RU HI? That pisses me off that yoou'd even say that to someone who's hurting and knowing that your a** will be chewed out by everyone and thrie mother who knows you are full of something!

actually you are giving false info idiot. you can buy TYLENOL #1's in CANADA OTC! I buy them all the time so before you go running your mouth, do some research. If you want a phone number to call i will gladly give you the pharmacy number so you can find out yourself.

im sorry you are going through wd from these awful drugs. If you can get tylenol 1s and clonazepam ( anxiety medication ) this is the best way to get off pills for good. you can relax and wont have RLS. The only problem with T1's is it has 15mg of caffeine in it and only 8mg of codeine so you have to take quite a bit to calm your body down.

just for the time of withdrawal when I was in a fancy pants rehab they gave me baclofen, it works the best, you just go floppy :)
Cogentin is used for RSL restless leg syndrome, antihistamines will help with the legs, the antihistamines also help with the flue like symptoms very well (phenagen can make it worse as can seroquil & zyprexia) immodium people are starting to use recreationaly I believe? but works great for the tummy side of things, also magnesium & folic acid help too with the legs

I tell you what....Gabapentin or lyrica is probably THE best medication for restleg legs..its even soley good for withdrawl itself.
I have always said that if I had either gabapentin or lyrica,that I know for a fact that I would be able to get off suboxone(of which I have been on for ~4yrs)
Phenibit I found to work great for restless legs also,and anxiety..Personally, I feel phenibut feels almost identical to how gabapentin feels...
And also benzos work for restless legs. If u need immediate relief, a quick acting benzo wud b good(xanax).. But it wud prob be better to use a longer acting one like Diazepam or clonazepam.