• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What drug scares you?

everyone is posting about an opiate. a few about psychedelic drugs. the possibility of addiction is scary. but in the moment, what drug's actual effect scares you? rhinoride you said LSD trip, i wanna hear about cus i havn't tried it. for me though, shrooms can be a curse or a blessing, a bad trip is easy to get and when u get it, u feel as if life is crashing down on you, so much chaos is around you and overstimulation of the senses scares you, your hearts beats fast, you can pass out or throw up because your mind and your body become one, so if your mind is worrying, your body answers, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Saw my good friend go psychotic on shrooms. That was what began my downfall. Affected me more than him, I would assume, as he is quite well off now, as far as I can see. Basically...Started banging around in my kitchen, we were like, wah? Then he tried to climb on to my cieling, we were like...Get down, lol. Ran up stairs, tried to jump down the stairs. Spent the next 3 hours trying to kill himself, and a small amount of time trying to kill us. We literally had to FIGHT him. If we didn't, he would've...Hurt us really badly, lol. Smashed his head against some shelves for 10 minutes straight. So why was I so affected? Because no body tried to help me calm him down for the first 30 minutes of this outburst. I had to try and talk to him, as he smashed things in my room, I had to touch his arm and try to give him some sense of 'love' or whatever, only to have a fist to the face, I had to wrestle him for FIVE minutes, being half choked, with 3 other, MUCH bigger friends, just staring on. I felt so hopeless. I had to call for back up, when he started pretending to choke, and have a seizure. I had to do absolutely everything, my other friends were watching on until I literally started to go blue, and from that point, they merely held him down, and expected me to handle things such as, one other friend running off into the night, scared, all alone, on 4.5g of shrooms. I mean, I was on a similar dose to the one freaking out (5.5g, with an E pill on top of that) and I was doing fucking everything.

I fucking hate talking about this...It was the beginning of really bad things for me...So I gotta stop now. But so much more, scary shit happened, that I can't even talk about to anyone to this day.

I will never touch PCP again, but to answer your question I will never ever even try meth.

wow dude, that is just ridiculous and out of hand, that shouldn't have happened to him, unless, there was something on his mind when he took them. were you the one on 5.5g and an E pill or was that your friend you were trying to control?

Shooting coke scared me enough to quit it altogether. Any upper really. I would fight you to the death before I ever shot meth.

^what about desoxyn prescription pills? and what do you think of other amphetamines like dexedrine, adderall?? are they horrible too?

yes methamphetamine is stronger and yes it has a little more neurotoxicity but it is not near as bad as everyone believes, its wayyyy overhyped just like heroin. i've personally done meth prolly around 10 times total and it was a great high yes, but its not worth it overall b/c of the very long duration. now i know alot of ppl won't say this but the point im trying to make is its not gonna just ruin your lives from one use or even do noticeable brain damage from one use. you say there is no such thing as responsible meth use, i used it and it was fun and then the comedown comes and thats it. i didn't continue use or fiend for it or anything. and its not that i didn't like it, cause i really liked it.

Just so you know, my opinions regarding methamphetamine aren't really personally vested here, they come from my education in neuro-psychology and medicine.

Desoxyn is obviously useful in certain situations for some people, where the benefits from its use outweigh the risks.

The bottom line is, a recreational dose of methamphetamine damages the brain, period. Even at the very first use, studies have shown that methamphetamine can destroy up to half of the dopamine producing cells in the brain depending on the dosage. Even in less severe scenarios, the nerve cells that fire when methamphetamine floods the synapses suffer damage and are repaired by the brain as a process. These repairs result in what is essentially scar damage on these nerve cells. They still function, but they will never be able to function like they once did before being exposed to the methamphetamine.

I don't mean to discount your own personal experiences, but such anecdotal accounts are invalid when the very devices used to assess the effects are the devices that incur damage.

There's nothing I absolutely wouldn't try, but I would be very hesitant to try ether, high dose PCP, or really any uppers at all anymore without benzos and opiates on hand.

Meth an heroin are the bomb! Moderation is the key. I used to be a meth addict, and hadn't done it in nearly 3 1/2 years until new years. It was fun and euphoric and awesome. I had plenty of downers, too, so it was all good.

if you haven't been in the tweaker culture for an extensive period of time than you haven't a fraction of the idea how bad a drug it is

pharmy pills don't hold a candle to good shards

just b/c i haven't done meth more than about 10 times doesn't mean i don't know about the tweaker culture. i've had plenty of friends who were/are tweakers and have hanged around those kind of people alot.
and also, just b/c i never got addicted to meth doesnt mean i don't know about addictive drugs. i used to be a heroin addict and was in that culture for a very long time and know the negatives of that lifestyle/stigma all too well. but even after that, i still hold no bad feelings towards heroin, i chose to abuse the drug.

and lastly, yes i know desoxyn in particular is nowhere near as good as crystal meth shards but it is still technically methamphetamine.

Just so you know, my opinions regarding methamphetamine aren't really personally vested here, they come from my education in neuro-psychology and medicine.

Desoxyn is obviously useful in certain situations for some people, where the benefits from its use outweigh the risks.

The bottom line is, a recreational dose of methamphetamine damages the brain, period. Even at the very first use, studies have shown that methamphetamine can destroy up to half of the dopamine producing cells in the brain depending on the dosage. Even in less severe scenarios, the nerve cells that fire when methamphetamine floods the synapses suffer damage and are repaired by the brain as a process. These repairs result in what is essentially scar damage on these nerve cells. They still function, but they will never be able to function like they once did before being exposed to the methamphetamine.

I don't mean to discount your own personal experiences, but such anecdotal accounts are invalid when the very devices used to assess the effects are the devices that incur damage.

i knew meth was one of the more neurotoxic of drugs but how would you say meth neurotoxicity compares to say alcohol, cocaine, MDMA, etc... i know its particularly bad but i do not believe its soooo much more worse for your brain than stuff like alcohol and MDMA.
also, what do you consider a recreational dose of meth to be??

just b/c i haven't done meth more than about 10 times doesn't mean i don't know about the tweaker culture. i've had plenty of friends who were/are tweakers and have hanged around those kind of people alot.
and also, just b/c i never got addicted to meth doesnt mean i don't know about addictive drugs. i used to be a heroin addict and was in that culture for a very long time and know the negatives of that lifestyle/stigma all too well. but even after that, i still hold no bad feelings towards heroin, i chose to abuse the drug.

and lastly, yes i know desoxyn in particular is nowhere near as good as crystal meth shards but it is still technically methamphetamine.

you might think you know, but you don't have a clue, trust me. take it from someone whos been it it for 5 years.

Drugs I would think twice about before trying:
> LSD (because of the bad trips)
> Ecstasy (because its a pill and you cant be sure of whats in there, not totally anyway)

Drugs that I would never try:
> Heroin
> Crack
> Meth

wow dude, that is just ridiculous and out of hand, that shouldn't have happened to him, unless, there was something on his mind when he took them. were you the one on 5.5g and an E pill or was that your friend you were trying to control?

Actually, thanks for pointing that out...I was on 4.5g and an E pill, he was on just 5.5g of shrooms. We were all smoking a lot of pot also. There might have been something on his mind...But really, he helped make the entire night possible, lol, because some of my friends parents were like, hmm...We dunno, because my parents were out of town and they knew we were into smoking weed and drinking. So this friend made up the idea that there was a Counter-Strike tournament that we had to play in, and that it would be perfect if we were all together. We hooked up all our PCs and everything, we really we going to play CS, lol, until we all started tripping so hard lol.

Could have been the fact he went behind his parents back and was lying, but pretty much everyone was doing that anyways, lol. He was reluctant to do them again like 2 weeks before hand, but we all agreed this was going to be the last time anyways, so...As far as I know he didn't have a GREAT burden on his back, but he certainly wasn't 100% in the right mindset.

EDIT

Here's the Trip Report actually, for anyone that is interested.

http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=379188&highlight=psychotic+break

Even for its length, it leaves out a lot of important elements that I stated here...I was so shocked when I wrote that report, lol, I think I was blocking out as many of the bad things as I could, like the lack of help I was getting at first...And being punched in the face and stuff, lol.

Last edited:
you might think you know, but you don't have a clue, trust me. take it from someone whos been it it for 5 years.

i don't have a clue about what?? i don't claim to know things when i don't, if i didn't have an idea of what i was talking about, i wouldn't say anything.

Definitely meth.

Heroin is high up there, but i feel that i would enjoy the effects of heroin more.

I consider both really freaking dangerous.

Duster, Nightshade family, hallucinogenic amphetamines (DOx, Alephs, etc)

Of the above, the one id never ever take is def. duster. Fuck duster. Huffing duster is like one step up from huffing toluene other aromatic solvents.

i knew meth was one of the more neurotoxic of drugs but how would you say meth neurotoxicity compares to say alcohol, cocaine, MDMA, etc... i know its particularly bad but i do not believe its soooo much more worse for your brain than stuff like alcohol and MDMA.
also, what do you consider a recreational dose of meth to be??

Alcohol has really only been shown to be neurotoxic in cases of chronic alcoholism. And, even in these cases brain function in the affected areas usually returns to normal over time when the individual becomes sober.

Methamphetamine on the other hand has been proven to cause long-term, irreparable damage that is significant enough to be measurable even after long periods of abstinence.

I'll have to look into potential neurotoxicity related to cocaine and MDMA, though MDMA wouldn't surprise me because of its similarities of action in the brain.