• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] JWH-018 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JWH-018 Problems I'm Having

Hello,
Sorry if this is fairly long, but I want to get all the info out here:

My hubby found out about JWH-018 online, and after doing a fair amount of research, he decided to buy it for me to try, since it seemed like weed, which I love, and was way cheaper and more efficient.

My History:
I have been a binge pot smoker for the last several years--I will smoke for a good 2-5 days straight, and then not smoke at all for several weeks. That's the way I've usually smoked, either out of necessity or habit. I have experimented a moderate amount, mostly with hallucinogens and RCs.
I am currently trying to get a job somewhere that I know will piss test (b/c of the kind of work it is) and so I am very limited in how much I can smoke. So I'm very limited with that.
I start to get antsy when I go more than a couple of weeks without pot. So to help me with that, we thought the JWH might be a good substitute, at least part-time.

The Experiences:
I found the JWH-018 to be very similar to the pot I usually get, which I would say is good quality, but not great. I have never lived anywhere that has legal medical pot, and I have rarely tried the "good stuff" because of budget constraints. So I'm used to average quality, based on my own admission. And this stuff started out like a really good kind of high. The first few times I smoked it, once I was actually high, it was like a very clean, clear-headed pot high.
I did not experience any sort of "super high" or anything like what I had read about in trip reports on Erowid, which is where I usually do my research. I watched TV, listened to music, did chores, ate when I had the munchies, had sex, and slept. It was mostly like pot.
The main differences I have noted after using the JWH daily (at least once a day, ranging from a couple of hours to all day) for about 2 weeks are as follows:
~more clear-headed (with the JWH)
~though I want it when I'm sober for a while, I don't have as much "need" to be on it again as I do with pot. This translates to more self control, which applies in terms of eating and being productive (as with housework or exercise) as well.
~less paranoia (with the JWH)
~a little less tolerance than pot maybe. If I smoked pot for this long (which I could never do) my tolerance would be horrible. At this point I'm smoking about 3 times as much of the JWH as when I started I think.
The Problems:
I have had problems with this from the start, in spite of being mostly satisfied with the high. The first problem I have is that, while it’s a pretty good pot high, I’m not like baked out of my mind like I expected to be. I have had no hallucinatory effects. I haven’t tripped in any sense of the word.
I don’t have a scale. My hubby bought one on Ebay but when we got it, it turned out to be a piece of crap. It was broken or something. So now I have to wait and see with that. The amounts I have used started out around the amount that I have read about on several posts, which is about equal to that of a few grains of salt. That did nothing. Then I tried doubling that, and doubling it again, and I think that is when I finally got something. Since I started, the amount I use at a time has increased to about half the diameter of a pencil eraser. I imagine that’s probably like 10x the dose I have read about, so somewhere between 10-20 mg. I can use a little less but then I have to repeat the dose in about half the time, or half an hour instead of an hour on a larger dose.
Because of the large doses I have had to use, my husband thinks there has to be some sort of problem with our method. We came to that conclusion because we believe it to be a pure sample (since you can’t say anything about sources, I’ll just say it seems trustworthy). The only other thing we think is that there could be a problem with me, some sort of body chemistry thing. But most drugs seem to work fine on me, and it is having an effect, after all.
We have tried a range of methods. The first night I tried the stuff, we first tried putting it on the metal screen in a (fairly) clean small glass pipe that I normally use to smoke pot in. It just melted through the screen (remember that at that point we were using an amount that was probable a mg or so). I put a bit of plant material (I used dried oregano, which I consider to be an inert agent) onto the screen, and put the JWH in a little pile in the center. I smoked it like that repeatedly, experimenting with various amounts of plant material and how close to hold the lighter (at that point I was using a BIC). It worked pretty well but I had to use a fairly large amount. My husband thought that might be because the flame was touching it and therefore destroying the JWH chemical somewhat. I tried smoking it out of a light bulb the next day to avoid touching the flame to it, but the light bulb turned black and melted a little in one spot. I got a bit of vapor, but mostly we couldn’t see what was happening after it turned into liquid because the light bulb was all black on the bottom! So I went back to smoking it out of my pipe.
My husband bought a fancy torch lighter (miniature hand torch) online and I started using that after it got here. I tried putting my plant material onto the screen in my bowl, putting the JWH on top, and putting a bit more plant material on top of that. Then I could hold the lighter close to the bowl without it touching the JWH or the plant material very much…although I did smoke all of it after attempting to vaporize.
After a week or so of that, I found that I was needing more to get an effect, and I got tired of smoking oregano. I tried several ways to vaporize with aluminum foil, but the foil kept getting holes burned in it. Eventually I came upon a way that worked pretty well, and I have been using that method for the last 4 days or so. I put a little piece of aluminum foil into my bowl, making it conform to the shape of the bowl, and used something like a toothpick to puncture a circle of holes around the sides, so that the bottom is solid with nowhere for the liquid to go (ideally). Then I laid my screen on top of the foil and put the JWH on the screen. I hold the flame so that it points sideways over the top of the bowl, which is just close enough to melt the JWH. Once it melts through the screen (and I can tell by the taste that much has vaporized) I bring the lighter gradually closer. Once I have taken a big hit that way, I take one or two more by pointing the flame into the bowl and using the screen as a sort of barrier. That way, I find I have to use less (about half as much as before), and no smoke to inhale (just vapor).
Today we got our meth-style glass pipe in the mail (simple tube with a bulb on one end that has a hole in the top, to drop the chemical through). I have been trying to use it with little success all afternoon and am now very frustrated. I have been dropping small amounts of the JWH (ranging from the “few grains of salt” size or a little larger to about 5x that size) into the bubble, then holding my torch lighter next to it so that it melts the JWH. That is where I’m starting to have problems. The melted JWH begins to climb up and all around the bubble of the pipe, and even into the stem, and it becomes a process of chasing it around with the lighter, trying not to burn myself, and constantly inhaling. It’s really hard to see where the little droplets (which inevitably split up into smaller and smaller droplets) end up, and I end up smoking for a couple seconds while I light it, then stopping to look for where the liquid went, then smoking for a few more seconds…and I do this in a loop for like 5 minutes, at the end of which I still have droplets inside my pipe and I’m dizzy and out of breath from having to inhale for so long!
I have gone back to my aluminum-foil, screen, and lighter method, but am now worried about how much it’s using for health reasons as well as it being monetarily wasteful. I wanted this to be a long term substitute for pot (at least while I’m looking for a job in my field, which could be weeks to months, and have to worry about piss testing). And my husband believes there’s no need for pot when there’s a cheaper and more legal alternative.
So are there any answers regarding my various issues?? (I do know I need to buy a scale. But for now we’re going off of the presumption that 1mg=a few grains of salt. So no shit about that, ok?) Thanks people!
Any help is really welcome and very much appreciated!!!

Go back to chasing it on foil. Do not use a torch lighter, because with foil VERY LITTLE heat is necessary. Shape the foil into a little boat, this will help with aerodynamically channeling the vapor up in a single trail for you to inhale. Have a friend hold the lighter under the foil, and ideally you should NOT touch the flame to the foil. it will heat up quickly and the liquid jwh will pool in a single spot. as the foil heats up, tilt it back and forth so the liquid will run across the foil. it will vaporize as it hits fresh hot foil. i bet you will find that you need much less jwh with this method.

with your experience using the meth pipe, just imagine how much JWH is caked on the inside of your weed bowl!

Still, any thought of trying to dissolve it in strong alcohol then soak stuff in the alcohol?

acetone will work better than alcohol. either way, be sure you are 100% evaporated before you spark up! :p

however, joints are a notoriously ineffective method of smoking jwh. as many have noticed, the vapor quickly condenses on any cold surface, including the inside of a pipe or the unburned plant matter in a cigarette. I would estimate that only 20-30% of the JWH in a joint actually gets delivered to your lungs, with the rest condensed in the roach or on your lips. of course, it's cheap as shit so who cares :)

acetone will work better than alcohol. either way, be sure you are 100% evaporated before you spark up! :p

however, joints are a notoriously ineffective method of smoking jwh. as many have noticed, the vapor quickly condenses on any cold surface, including the inside of a pipe or the unburned plant matter in a cigarette. I would estimate that only 20-30% of the JWH in a joint actually gets delivered to your lungs, with the rest condensed in the roach or on your lips. of course, it's cheap as shit so who cares :)

LoL. . . . So really, the foil?

Man that is ghetto. . . LoL

well jwh is pretty ghetto by itself, so either you waste a ton of it and roll cigs with it, or you tweak it off foil :)

i haven't tried it yet, but ideally hot knife hits should work perfectly with jwh too. just place 5mg of jwh on knife A. heat knife B on electric stove (use an oven mitt!) and squish the JWH between the two knives. be ready with a funnel to catch the cloud of vapor.

Lol to everyone talking about "feeling like a tweaker"

News flash, you are pretty much free-basing weed here, alright. There's no smoke circle, no "puff-puff-pass." It's just "vape-suck-done."

This is the crack of weed and people just need to face that.

Sooner I did, the better I felt. :D

LOL. . . . . Well, hell. . . . Got me a nice glass dick for when my weed crack gets here.

I noticed people say it is so cheap. I think it's kinda pricey, 1gm for 50 Bucks.

Unless you all have a "special" supplier of some sort.

Are you joking? 1 gram is equivalent to like $500 of marijuana, maybe.

I use a flat ended soldiering gun.. just put some grains on, pull the trigger, wait 7 seconds, and inhale. My only worry is that it gets too hot, but I stop it once it starts vaporizing so I doubt its
getting much hotter than a flame.

I have gone back to my aluminum-foil, screen, and lighter method, but am now worried about how much it’s using for health reasons as well as it being monetarily wasteful.
<snip>
Any help is really welcome and very much appreciated!!!

OK, here's the device I use (click image for full size):
implement.jpg

The aluminum foil is two sheets thick. You should only have to flick the flame lightly under the bowl for the JWH to vaporize. I do not suggest using a torch lighter. A normal lighter is sufficient, and won't melt the aluminum when used as described. It may take a few tries to fold the aluminum so as to avoid making wrinkles. It's best to have the bowl as smooth as possible so you know what's happening to your stuff.

Notice the small ridge in the bowl near the tube. This is to keep the JWH sequestered until it can vaporize completely.

The tape should be kept well away from the bowl, so you don't burn or melt it.

The metal tube can be anything. I personally use a cut radio antenna. It's Tweaker Technology, I know, but it works just fine =D

mecaib, nice device. one thing i would suggest is actually a NON-metal tube for the vapors. since jwh condenses quickly on any cold surface (like glass or metal), you may be losing a bit of vapor on the inside of your tube. cardboard works great for me.

lol, I really enjoy JWH but man after seeing those pipes you guys are using I feel like I have been smoking crack

stop b*tching

I Wish you guys would stop and think for a second you are inhaling smoke into your lungs any time you do that you have a risk of cancer no matter what it is but does that stop us from doing it no we still buy our packs of cigs every day. and we still smoke are pot whats the diffrence any time you take any form of a drug you are effecting your body in some way shape or form. nothing is suposed to be done in exese and if you just keep it to only every once in awhile you should be fine now the truth is we could get cancer because of the cars we drive and there fums but does that stop us from driving them no so whats the diffrence

Sorry if you dont agree but its my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.