• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Indica vs. Sativa

It was from the same dispensary separated by a few days. From the same dispensary, the tincture didn't do much either. I've experienced the very same thing except in reverse when it came to cookies several years back (two purchases over two years), one where the experience was barely noticeable and then another where it was too much!

I came to thread looking for answers and I came away even more confused. It looks like some people claim there are strain and day to day differences and there are some who don't (and others in the middle and in between).

I will have the opportunity to ask again tomorrow since I plan to purchase in bulk. The capsules I bought had about a drop each.

Can tolerance develop like that? Within a matter of days? My opiate prescriptions rapidly went up before plateauing...

Sounds like the 2nd group of pills you purchased was Marinol. A synthetic form of THC & they're garbage, imo. Not sure what you had the 1st time around, but that sounded more feasible & an all-around fun time.
Since you can go to a dispensary, I'd stick with some good weed & vape it, if you don't enjoy tokin by yourself. :\

"when you smoke reefer" "a" reefer is weed rolled in a smoking paper...dee de deee

WHAT?? No it isn't!! "Reefer" is a 1920s/1930s term used by jazz musicians as a word for "marijuana". A 'reefer' isn't a joint. :\

It was from the same dispensary separated by a few days. From the same dispensary, the tincture didn't do much either. I've experienced the very same thing except in reverse when it came to cookies several years back (two purchases over two years), one where the experience was barely noticeable and then another where it was too much!

I came to thread looking for answers and I came away even more confused. It looks like some people claim there are strain and day to day differences and there are some who don't (and others in the middle and in between).

I will have the opportunity to ask again tomorrow since I plan to purchase in bulk. The capsules I bought had about a drop each.

Can tolerance develop like that? Within a matter of days? My opiate prescriptions rapidly went up before plateauing...

Well then, I don't have an answer for you...but good luck with all that. :)

And you have this information from what again?

EDIT: "REEFER" = A slang term for cannabis"-- straight from Wikipedia.

Now who's wrong once again?

Last edited:

That's because of human nature. People have a habit of oversimplifying things and making generalizations. Sativa = x and Indica = y is just a myth.

At the end of the day, try and stop yourself from putting a strain into a pigeon hole and assess it or enjoy it without prejudice or any preconceived ideas. I'm sure I could give a sativa dominant strain to someone and not tell them what it is and they would swear it were an indica strain.

Hell I could even get a plant that is sativa dominant strain with fat indica leaves and vice versa. This kind of throws a spanner in the works, doesn't it?

Lets take an analogy in real life. If I say all gays are camp or all fat people are lazy, you would obviously know that this is a grossly prejudiced and a generalization. Don't do the same with cannabis!!

And you have this information from what again?

It's one of those slangs that was eventually published in Webster's as (marijuana)
because so many "ignorant" people (not stoopid) were using the slang for a bag of weed...
But it was first used to describe a "joint"

I could tell Indica from Sativa, (but prob' not a hybrid) any day of the week, from a few hits.

The slang discussion is neither good-natured nor relevant, knock it off please.

/\/\/\/\ Well yeah, but there's a big difference in an indica as opposed to a sativa, though.

I think there is a subtle difference between the highs, it's just if you didn't know what kind of bud you were getting beforehand it would be much harder to judge it. When your high, your high. When they say indicas give you a body high, that doesn't mean sativas don't. I've felt a body high plenty of times on sativas, it's just a little more noticeable with indicas. What i have found is sativas do definitely lift you up more, not to say indicas don't. But sativas definitely give more anxiety when i smoke too much, and indicas generally make me groggy at times.. It's a trade off, i usually stick with indicas but next time i pick up i'm definitely gonna see how i like the sativa strains again.

Most people never end up getting to actually smoke a pure sativa in their whole lives.

There's a big difference between a 9 or 10 week sat leaning strain and a 20-24 week pure monster sat. Both in growing requirements and high.

Unfortunately a lot of folks don't really know the difference, bless.

Possibly...but I have had the pleasure of imbibing on some 2-3 month hydroponic grown that gave me the same spiritual high -
as my favorite Acapulco Gold Panama Red, Jamaican - (bales that were a week away for the taking) but w/o the unparalleled taste and length of high.

I guess I am glad I can tell the difference from the looks (well, not anymore) taste and the come-up of a few lung fulls

Last edited:
Most people never end up getting to actually smoke a pure sativa in their whole lives.

True. I first tried a pure sativa just 3 years ago, in Amsterdam, and it was incredible, and very different from the hybrids I am used to smoking.
The whole discussion about how one might try to find scientific evidence that sativas and indicas are different (or not) is interesting, and would be great if someone did it, but it is only necessary for those who believe exclusively in science.
For those of us who trust human experience, and have had drastically different experiences on sativas and indicas/hybrids, the question is already answered.

I tend to smoke more indicas, or handrubbed hashes, these days, opposed to the sativa-dom strains of my previous choice - they scatter me for about 2 days, leaving residual sensations in my spine until about 3 days post-smoke...my tolerance is that low these days.

So I generally smoke indica-dom/pure indicas now, or if I get given something to try - but I can smell it would be a bit too racey for me, I will give it a 2 toke test, and if it is I leave it out in the air for a week or more so the |THC oxidizes. The high is better for me then, otherwise I just pass the ganja on. I get given a lot of weed to try.

Overall I like the psychoactive effect of sativas, but I suffer concentration-wise, and sleep-wise, and it's just not worth it anymore, unless I have an indica/black hash to knock me down afterwards.

Who cares about THC or CBD or whatever, what really matters is how you react to the difference
For me, it's always been:
Sativa for mind highs, indica to get couchlocked. Indicas don't mess with my thoughts as hard as sativas.
Basically sativas speed me up, then make me slower when im burned out
indicas just make me calm throughout my body and makes it easier to relax