• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Indica vs. Sativa

Indica makes me zombie, which is good if I want to stop my over-active mind.

If I smoke a sativa I absolutely must walk or do some kind of physical activity otherwise I get an anxiety attack from all that energy.

+1

I notice that sativas make me think too much which I really, really hate and usually the thoughts aren't happy thoughts. I prefer indicas mixed with a stimulant like coke to counter the zombie effect and after a while...I sleep a good sleep.

Doesn't matter much to me.
As long as it's green & sticky i'll love both ends of the spectrum.

all we get is kush/indicas, havent had sativas in a while. i havent smoked very much in the past few months cus kush rly burns you out. i smoke a pinner and im gone lol. i miss the body buzz i get from sativas

not much sativa to be had in the UK.
14-16 wk flowering times and low yields make them unviable for most growers.
I like sativa during the day but indicas for nightime.

My favorite would be like a 70/30 indica mix. But one or the other I'd choose indica for the body high

I use to have a pill seperater, the kind that says A.M. and P.M. on it. I would always put my daily doses of bud in it. Sativas in the a.m. and indicas in the p.m. hahah I gives what I'm saying is I love both.... Just depends on the Time of day for me

Can't remember the name but I smoked pure sativa weed recently. It was fantastic!
We caned it in a pipe; nothing happened, we felt ripped off....30 minutes later the high crept up on us. I can only describe it as dreamlike. It was incredibly energetic and almost euphoric, without paranoia. Sativa is wonderfully cerebral in its effects, I would choose it over indica in a heartbeat.

I think the setting and your mindset can influence it a lot. That dream like state can be great in the comfort of your own home or a familiar environment but for me can be too much if you are in a strange place with strange people. Also some pure indicas can be very dreamy in effect.

I had food poisoning last night and my stomach was killing me. For the first time in years I was really jonesing for an indica, so I lit up some Northern Lights. Pain gone instantly, and I was so relaxed.

all we get is kush/indicas, havent had sativas in a while. i havent smoked very much in the past few months cus kush rly burns you out. i smoke a pinner and im gone lol. i miss the body buzz i get from sativas

Haha yeah fuck indica in the day-time, I really don't see how any intelligent person could enjoy it all day long. (No offense to anyone I used to do this.) Back when I was on the east coast indica was all that really came around and looking back on it, it was a nightmare. I smoked all of the time and my mind was always clouded. Sativa is the shit :)

I don't really like pure sativas anymore and pure indicas get me so stoned and lazy so I can only smoked it late night, and I don't want to be in that position. Last heavy indica I got was Blackberry Kush (Afghani x Blueberry). I took one bong rip in the morning when i was staying with buddy in the country. Instead of exploring or chillin at the beach we just ended up being so couch locked we sat inside all day :\. and then I just fell asleep hella early.

Pure sativas are the opposite they can make me feel uncomfortable in my own skin, not paranoid, but generally less enjoyable. I'm unfocused and sometimes a little hyper. The other week I got some Chocolate Thai and that was a bad experience. It was still weed and fun, but all the negative effects of sativas were super strong.

The best are dominant (either sativa or indica) hybrids. Dutch Crunch (Jack Herer x Dutch Treat) being my favorite strain, by far. It's got a very indica feel despite being 70/30 sativa. It's like all the good of sativa and all the good of indica, with none of the bad of either, truly amazing. The last time I saw Dutch Crunch is was ridiculously expensive and the weed store sold out in a few days, so if you see it, buy it. Another great hybrid is NYC Diesel (Diesel x Afghani x Hawaiian), but I think most people know that.

Don't get my wrong though, there are some great pure sativas or pure indicas, but in general sativas make me too hyper and indicas too sleepy.

Btw, I don't put genetics after the strain to be a snob, but if someone hadn't heard of a strain before it can help people get an idea.

i prefer a nice hybrid similar to what i have right now...however,it's mostly sativa...probably 60/40 ratio.....it's a tripped out high,but not so much where you can't handle the racing thoughts...theres just enough indica properties in it to have a good balance of both...

I like all types of quality cannabis. I love getting dank indica dominant strains and combining the bud with dank sativa dominant strains and making hash from that or just smoking the mixture of buds in a pipe/bong/vape is even very nice. I feel like i get 1 of the best highs that way, i get the best of both worlds ime. Although i am typically very stoned when i do this of course but fuck its nice.

I used to be all about the sativa when I was in highschool, but now that im older I prefer indica because I mostly only smoke after work, if I smoke sativa im up way to late and I feel like shit at work the next day

^Yeah when med shopping I've noticed the older customers are usually leaning more towards indica strains, makes sense.