• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Indica vs. Sativa

Who cares about THC or CBD or whatever, what really matters is how you react to the difference
For me, it's always been:
Sativa for mind highs, indica to get couchlocked. Indicas don't mess with my thoughts as hard as sativas.
Basically sativas speed me up, then make me slower when im burned out
indicas just make me calm throughout my body and makes it easier to relax

This is probably the most right-on answer/meaning there is. Great post, Ex!!=D

Indica VS Sativa

While I like them both, I am mostly a Sativa guy. I love how clearly I'm able to think after smoking PURE sativa strains. The energy is also very nice.

Indica is definitely handy for sleep purposes, and late night relaxing but thats about it.

I prefer the indicas since I don't experience the negatives that others do with them such as couch lock or sleepiness. Sativas I find almost absent of effects unless I consume more than I would an indica, and sometimes get a headache from them.
This might all have to do with conditioning, since I mostly only have access to high grade indicas.

I tend to have panic attacks on indicas. If the option is available I get sativa.

Same problem here with the panic attacks and hallucinations are intense as well. I'm more comfortable with single hits and waiting awhile. It saves me money so that's a plus.

I prefer indica, sativa for social situations though. I mostly smoke by myself in the evening or at night though so yeah, if I could only have one it is indica hands down.

Indica makes me zombie, which is good if I want to stop my over-active mind.

If I smoke a sativa I absolutely must walk or do some kind of physical activity otherwise I get an anxiety attack from all that energy.

^ was just thinking that myself.. as im the exact opposite as some of the posts.. indica for social situations and sativa when i just want to get blown out high.

I like them both but Sativas a little more over all. Indicas give me a better body high good for sex.

daytime sativas

evening hybrids

late evening Indica

I love all kinds of weed, Indica, Sativa, Hybrids whatever. I used to be a "Sativa" only guy but then I eventually learned to love indicas.

Still though, if I had to pick, Sativa wins for me.

Last edited:
I like hybrids. Paradise seeds 'Ice cream' is my favourite strain for example and that is a 60/40. Indica being the 60%. So i guess I lean towards indica based hybrids but it's best to have a bit of both I say ! %) Plus 100% - or damn near it - Sativas stretch like fuck in flower and take months to finish ! Also the buds are more 'airy' and not as sticky/compact as the more Indica based ones. So yeh, for me 60/40 in favour of Indica is bang on the money.

I like them both but Sativas a little more over all. Indicas give me a better body high good for sex.

daytime sativas

evening hybrids

late evening Indica

Yes, this is how it should be done. I like to have all three as well.

Your sativa's are probably just weak, in some places dank sativa bud can be hard to come by...Idk about Australia...