• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I think I'm nearing the end, but I'm not sure how much longer this is going to last.

I'm coming up on 96 hours since I did any oxy and 70 hours since I did any heroin. I did a cotton shot last night, which probably set me back a bit, but I'm not sure. I did take extremely small amounts of sub as well. Maybe .4mg in the last 4 days, around .2mg about 36 hours ago. So sub never got built up in my system and my WD should be more from abusing oxycodone and heroin, especially since the small amount of sub never was substantial enough to get me out of WDs. It just made them briefly easier to tolerate.

I'm getting the WD waves now. It almost reminds of the waves that you get sometimes when tripping (like on mushrooms for example). On shrooms I'll go through points where I'm really tripping hard, then I think I'm sobering up, but then shortly after I'll be noticeably tripping hard. Same thing with WDs now. I'll be getting hot skin + chills (which is a terrible combination), goosebumps, stomach cramps, sweats, etc. but then it'll calm down for a while, only to sneak up on me again.

I'm now experiencing a calm, which is why I'm typing something and not miserably staring at nothing while sitting there with a blanket wrapped around me.

Abruptly waking up in a cold dark room so sick you can no longer maintain sleep.. bodily fluids flowing profusely out of every orifice. You are writhing restlessly in your tangled soiled sheets. But you have to get up, it is Monday and you have to go to work. You do your best to clean yourself up, and go on about your day with dignity in spite of the unending misery and longing tormenting every single thought.

I knew a guy who would always puke when he was prepping his shot, no matter what. I guess I have led a sheltered life, my husband would always go out and do the scoring. I have to say though, that no matter ho bad I felt, my sickness would seem to go away if I knew the dope was one its way...so no shitting my pants here

The worst part about being dopesick is when you're coming off oxycontin and tramadol (took it to help with withdrawals LOL like hell they did) and you're laying on the couch. Your whole body in pain and you have the sweats. You already shake enough as it is and now it has gotten worst but to top it off prom is in a couple of days. You end up going and yeah you know that was awesome..... Smfh.

The worst part is knowing that the Cause and the cure are one in the same . And it's only a phonecall away ! Damn! :/

Worst part about kicking for me is having to act normal. I went to rehab like a year ago and since then I haven't really admitted to anyone that I still have a problem. When I kick I try to act as normal as possible so I don't have to tell my parents/coworkers/friends that I'm dopesick again. I get ten minutes of sleep stretched out over 8 hours, wake up with excruciating stomach pains, go and shit straight liquid while trying not to puke, and then go out and face my day with a poker face.

Worst part of being dopesick is knowing that you caused it yourself.Knowing that you can feel better if you have another bag but that all that does is put you back in the same situation again once that hit has worn off.

I hated being dope sick it is horrific!! I will dable now and then, but I know now I cannot do it all the time.

Without at least some fentynal to take the edge off after the fact.If I can get it. I just can't go through it again!

It's counterproductive but I will never get sick like that. Kicking meds is hard and heroin is just as hard.
I hate knowing I did it to myself! Meh!!

Since I fell off the wagon, I have noticed that the complete energy drain is one of the worst parts for me. No enthusiasm to do anything at all, no energy; I'll be craving a hot shower, but it will take me a good half a day to work up to getting one. If I can get up and force myself to do something, like some house cleaning or laundry, I notice that I feel marginally better for a (very) brief time, but really, all I want to do is lie on the bed, away from everyone and alone in my misery.

And yes, having to work while dopesick is such a joyful experience. 8) In November, I actually called in sick two days just because I was dopesick, and I am usually at work no matter what. Just could not deal with it.

All of the common symptoms sometimes seem to blend into one another, too. I realize I'm not articulating that thought particularly well, but those who have been through it probably get what I am saying. Just as an example, the coldness and nausea and lack of energy all seem to go together, but it's even more all-encompassing than that.

Methadone is worst

I hear you man I hate Methadone and its abuse to the body!!! Give me a week of Heroin WD's anyday!!! (a week at the most)

I...hate...diarrhea...

going thru wd from dones now. 12 10s a day. 5am in deep south in may freezing cold, watching tcm. I got cut back on my roxies so i never wd from them severly cause i take extra dones the morning after i blow thru my 30s. I have to wonder about some ppls opnions and the depth of their addiction/experience.
Dont get me wrong i am not knocking anyone but xanax wd? I took xanax for years with paxil and never felt much more the mental wds. I get the rush to take a handful of footballs but never stay awake or kick in bed from xanax. If cocaine/crack wds lasted more thAn a few hours nor a bottle of vodka were around it would be high on the list just for the devilish thoughts on how to get more that quickly subside. Lsd also used to be some nasty shit when it was blotter just due to the rat poisoin ( forgot how to spell strychnine?) but lsd was just an day or so to recover and isnt exactly wds. I would imagine heroin is bad but i have never shot it for much more than a couple days years ago and the itching did suck. Shooting coke for months can have nasty wds but not worth dying for so that helps. I actually believe this question should be broken into 2 categories. Psychological vs physical. I think pyschological wds are the worst but physical hurts the worst. The psychological is what keeps u going back to your preferred vice. U also have the drugs that damage your brain/serontonin production that leaves u in constant depression. My vote for physical wds is methadone followed quickly by roxies/oxys. Psychogically im not sure. If the urge that u get to run out and by dope just out of the blue would have to be coke/crack. U know u cant enjoy it once u cross the line but u still try to convince yourself this time u will be able to enjoy it until u start pacing looking for aspirin to stop your heart from blowing out your chest bc you dont realize how much oxys/methadones are built up in your system and u pray to get thru it one more time until a few weeks pass and u renig on God. Just my 2 cents

Sorry didnt see op say psychological or physical. I think this question also depends on the person and mind frame. I dont doubt people wd from xanax, paxil, tramadol and other less than "hard drugs" which i consider dones/oxys to be along with heroin, etc. A drug that is easily overlooked and probably the absolute worse is nicotine. Another overlooked drug is Pepsi/Coke (the soda not street drug). Get locked up for more than a week having to eat prison/county food and water and tell me what the first thing u want is? A cigarette and a soda topped my list before any getting high. Like the song says "all i wanted was a pepsi and she wouldnt give it to me"

There is no physical and psychological never-ending torment like Alprazolam withdrawal.

Others of note: Any benzodiazepine esp triazolam&temazepam, Oxymorphone, Fentanyl, Methadone, Buprenophine.

In my experience i would have to say methadone is the worst to experience withdrawals from. I was a patient at the local methadone clinic for two months before opting to stop treatment because of the side effects from nausha to irregularity not to mention an extreme slowed mental capasity. For the next two weeks constanst sweating like i was in a marathon and walking up a flight of stairs was next to impossible bc of the pain made life completely miserable.

I think the general population would agree benzodiazepine w/d is worst and poses the most risk to your health tbh.

For me it was Tramadol and Codeine WD's at the same time. Just hell.
Right now; caffeine, I am aware of how ridiculous this sounds, but it's Hell. 3 grams a day, down to 1g today - I have no motivation, no focus, raging temper, my thoughts feel... Alien? Plus the diarhoea and vomitting, not fun!

GBL was bad, and the amount of times I've done it doesn't help things either. Amphetamine withdrawals are fucking annoying as they just suck any potential to do anything pleasurable sober for quite a while. Just a constant 'Meh' mood - fucking worst than any other emotion at least misery, anger and frustation can at least be interesting in there own shit way. Meh isn't fucking anything.

^ I've seen your glb wds and they do look brutal..

Anyway, this isn't the kind of discussion thread we cover in BDD (check the guidelines before you post in my forum DS! Ps see you later?) so moving it over to Drug Culture.

BDD > DC

What's the crack with alcohol WDs? I've read many times over it's fatal unless tapered - but somehow my father went cold turkey from 12 litres of cider daily with no ill effects apart from a temper? By medical anecdotes he should be dead?

I was snorting Opana 20mg several pills per day along with Klonopin 3mg 2-3 pills per day. The combo of these drugs are great if you can make them last till the next refill, but the WD are the worst ever. I have only done perscription pain pills, and have literally done them all, but that combo is the worst!!!