• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Alcohol

What's the crack with alcohol WDs? I've read many times over it's fatal unless tapered - but somehow my father went cold turkey from 12 litres of cider daily with no ill effects apart from a temper? By medical anecdotes he should be dead?
I have seen the effects of alcohol wd and it is awful. A friend i worked with is a severe alcoholic who has drank from the time he wakes up for years. He also has a percocet addiction but i have seen him come to work shaking uncontrollably due to alcohol wds. We worked in a restaurant and that is why he bothered to come to work. He knew he could slip a few cups of beer bc he was to broke to buy any. I also had a friend who had an uncle who drank so much he had an open hole in his stomach. The family attempted to catch him and have him committed but he was living in the woods where the homeless here used to live before being run off. Needless to say he was dead in about a month.
I actually feel a little better today. I found a half a 10mg methadone, a couple tramadol and neurontin. I am going to count my meds next time i leave the pharmacy. Ive noticed being a few short lately and several times have seen pjarmacy techs short people. One friend was shorted 60 30s and i was once shorted and when i called the pharmacy which was a national chain the tech wouldnt answer from the number she had on file for me so while it was ringing i tried from my other phone and she answered the second ring. She was scared and it was obvious it was intentional. I got them back but lost trust in that pharmacy. If i ever have to use that pharnacy which i have had to since. I will bust the bottles open and count them in front of them on their counter. Im not ashamed to be a prick when it comes to a pharm tech stealing pills. I believe thatis why i ran out this time but human error is possible also. I know the pharmacy talk is a little off topic but it is a reason you could wd and nothing makes wds worse than suspecting or knowing you were shorted and didnt bother to count yourself.

Methylphenidate, I haven't been addicted to anything but that and tobacco. Tobacco was easy as pie to quit for me after only smoking a pack a day for a year. I've done heaps of substances (probably not even close to most regulars here at BL) but as soon as I did ritalin it swept me up and I had to do more and more, psychological addiction quickly manifested itself. I mean it was RAPID. but anyways when I didn't have the stuff I was totally wacked out. I had the thoughts of NEEDING more, everything is so "boring" without it, constantly thinking about my next dosage, etc. but no physical WD on it, granted I was only addicted for 5-6 months before I cut off my supply I was doing it in every way imaginable except IV and I was even thinking about doing that at one point, combining sublingual, plugging, insufflation, oral, so I would get the most out of them. I would rip through 600mg in about 2-3 days. I absolutely love the high, but it's so short lived it's practically a breeding ground for addiction if you get the same effects that I get.

Definitely Methadone, for me, but I TOTALLY agree with you on the Benzo's, I had no idea they were THAT MUCH HELL! Till I stopped. I've been reading (all over the net, so, you know it's the gospel) but, makes sense: That they are a drug if taken for years and years, actually start to change (not for the better) your brain. Sounds obvious, but the point this "doc" was making was that it's more like brain damage! Scary! I believe it! DONE!! Now to kick Methadone's ASS>somehow, I think it's gonna kick mine, but it looked good on "paper". I too was around 15! Got 100!!! VALIUM A MONTH from this quack, for over a year!!! Surprisingly, he is in prison for life right now...shocker huh? GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely Methadone, for me, but I TOTALLY agree with you on the Benzo's, I had no idea they were THAT MUCH HELL! Till I stopped. I've been reading (all over the net, so, you know it's the gospel) but, makes sense: That they are a drug if taken for years and years, actually start to change (not for the better) your brain. Sounds obvious, but the point this "doc" was making was that it's more like brain damage! Scary! I believe it! DONE!! Now to kick Methadone's ASS>somehow, I think it's gonna kick mine, but it looked good on "paper". I too was around 15! Got 100!!! VALIUM A MONTH from this quack, for over a year!!! Surprisingly, he is in prison for life right now...shocker huh? GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say benzo withdrawal is probably the worst also. I've been on Klonopin for going on 5 years... at 4mg/day. It was a lifesaver when I first started on it, but I kept getting the dose upped... when I asked my doctor about lowering the dose/getting off the Klonopin, he said I wouldn't have a seizure with the dose I'm taking. Bullfuckingshit! Now I'm stuck seeing psychiatrists until I'm in a better place mentally to even begin withdrawing from benzos...

Sigh. I miss not being physically dependent on things.

Benzos. It's horrible, just horrible. I had two seizures in the space of 3 weeks, daily massive panic attacks, brain zaps, intense muscle pain, and then like with any other withdrawal - couldn't sleep, aching all over, anxious, sick, whatever. Worst thing ever.

Benzos. Clonazepam was a bitch to withdraw from physically and psychologically. The psychological effects had me down for the count for days -- I wasn't able to move from my anxiety pretty much crippling me. Needless to say, I don't plan on withdrawing from my kpins anytime soon.

Benzos, in my experience. I went to hell and back coming off a tapered dosage of Valium, I can only imagine the shitstorm that would have ensued had I not tapered off.

High doses of tramadol and gabapentin at the same time. Now that was a serious mindfuck. I've WD-ed from oxycontin, xanax, and clonazepam... not even close to the tramadol / gaba lol.

I remember coke wd was surprisingly bad for how little I had indulged myself into it. It was cold turkey but only after about a month of daily use... It was about 3 weeks of daily nightmares which would wake me up in cold sweat always around 2 to 3:30am.

My meth use began about 6 months ago. I am "planning" (that's what they all say don't they?) to quit soon. I remember around the 2 and a half month mark, and then the 4 month mark -- there were 2 new suicides. It made my brain crazy, I questioned way too many things, thought about too many things, mispercieved, analyzed, scrutinized, hypothesized, "epiphanized" wayyyy too much. But now the inhalation amount is about a ball per week. Fuck it's not even recreational, it's an intense ass psychological dependence -- even more shocking is my continuance despite all this "awareness". Damn, straight up quitting this is something that's been put off WAY too long.

All it does now is help me wake up, and feel "normal". 24 hours without 5+ fat hits induces narcolepsy. Like 3 days ago: 3 hits spread out over 4-6 hours... Next day slept for 17 hours straight, felt like 30 minutes of rest back when I was "sober".

Problem is: I am only "sober" when high off chrys...

Believe it or not 2 years ago I went on a Tramadol binge for 5 months taking 30 a day...stopped cold turkey on April3rd...I did not feel okay until the end of May...it was the worse W/D I have ever had...I was hot/cold/ could not sit still...could not sleep for weeks...I am currently on MMT now taking 100mg's of methadone a day...from what I hear methadone is the worse...luckily I have not ever had that ...yet...so I say Tramadol was the worse for me!

I just had to mention that I have been on Methadone for 4 months now at 100 mg's a day... I am scared to death of having the W/D's from this drug. I have to say I do worry about having to quit cold turkey. My Ex-partner was taking 140 mg's a day for 20 years and went to jail in November of last year..he is still there but gets out in a week or two,but he said the first 3 months were hell!!!I hope I never find out how bad methadone w/d's!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all the synthetic opiates with SNRI/SSRI components have really sick withdrawals

I know that others here will disagree with me,

But I'd take being dope sick over the total mind fuck quitting adderall put me through. I felt retarded and depressed for months.

Opiates were the worst WD's for me. I went through some pretty tough WD's with xanax but that was all psychological for me. Mood swings and irritability were the worst I had to deal with xanax but with opiates physical WD's were unbearable. I had to go to the doctor and get on suboxone to be able to get out of bed even weeks after I stopped taking them. I wouldn't wish that suffering on anyone.

I went through many opiate withdrawals and that was a nightmare but I still have to say w/d from benzos was hell! Especially when I was heavily addicted to them... I had these terrible shakes and I felt like I was going to die. I would never want to go through that again but heroin/oxycontin is a close second.

^ I like to think as opiates as "fair." They give you an awesome high with an equally bad withdrawal, which is to be expected. But benzo withdrawal, holy shit... 8(

Yeah benzos man.... I wanted to cry my eyes out but when you are having withdrawals from dope you think its the worst thing ever... Even though when you're no longer sick you remember it could be worse but then it just repeats. Omg worst thing ever, wait I'm okay, omg I'm going to die, oh wow I guess it could be worse...

I am not certain why some people seem to be much more affected by this than others, but for some, gabapentin or lyrica withdrawal can be pretty horrific. I have personally seen someone go catatonic and have to be hospitalized after going cold turkey on high-dose lyrica. In another case, an acquaintance who had previously experienced heroin withdrawal twice told me that her worst withdrawal BY FAR had been not from the heroin, but from going simultaneously cold-turkey on high-dose gabapentin and three to five times-per-day ketamine use a few years later.

methadone cold turkey FACT...

can someone describe benzo withdrawals for me briefly...ta

^^Paranoia, anxiety, jitteryness, muscle aches, feeling extremely uncomfortable and stressed out, even when you're sitting down in your favourite lazy chair, oversensitivity to noise and bright lights, heart palpitations & last but certainly not least insomnia.

Benzo addiction is also extremely hard to tackle. Its w/ds are both physically and mentally the worst feeling I have ever experienced. Not being able to relax and sleep when you're in your home nomatter how comfortable your couch, or bed is, is hell..

So obviously; for me benzo withdrawals are the worst withdrawals I ever experienced. I got all these w/ds from lowering my dose to a therapeutic amount. I've also run out once or twice before I was able to get a new box, and that was SO aweful. Luckily a friend of mine had taken xanax before and had some left when he'd already quit. I was so desperate, it was a real eye-opener.

I know that others here will disagree with me,

But I'd take being dope sick over the total mind fuck quitting adderall put me through. I felt retarded and depressed for months.
I have never done dope so I don't know how bad that is in terms of w/d, I can however say oxycodone withdrawals are nothing compared to the, as you said, mindfucking recovery after I quit taking amphetamines daily after my nearly 2 years of heavy abuse. After a while you feel like you'll never be able to become happy again because of the HUGE amount of time it takes to recover, did you get that feeling too?

While I was going through this, I started taking benzos that seemed like a miracle cure at the time. Back then I totally underestimated their super-addictive properties and didn't realise I was getting addicted to something much, much worse to withdraw from (ime).
I'd prefer oxy w/ds over amp. w/ds (Though the withdrawals aren't bad at all unless you used it for a really long time on a daily basis). But.. As I said withdrawing from benzos is (so far) the worst feeling I've ever had. Hands down.

Last edited: