• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

bump.. anybody know the best way to take sub and tramadol? From what I've read your suppose to take the sub, wait 30 minutes and then take tramadol?

any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Subs, trams, alcohol

I'm on SMT... currently take about 1mg a day. I've used narcotics [have high tolerence] most of my adult life but never tried tramadol till now. I was on methodone for about 15 yrs and could get a good buzz with done, benzo, and alcohol. Subs and alcohol gives me a headache and no high. Subs, benzo, and alcohol is OK... but nothing great. No headache.

My subs dr just prescribed tramadol for pain. I don't feel anything different with 2mg subs & 100mg trams. I plan to have a few shots of vodka along with subs/trams. Has anyone tried that?

I know most people at BL don't care much for booze but it's always been a good potentiate for me even back when I only smoked pot.

BTW I can't the Tramadol mega thread... or tramodol/subs megathread, if there is one? Anyone have a link?

Like I said earlier. 3 weeks is hardly enough to get an addiction/tolerance going. I would say you are in the clear.

I beg to differ on the tolerance that can be built in 3 weeks. Years ago I had an iv meth habit. I gave it up about 5 years ago. I came across a long lost great friend who had THE quality (too good to be true, but was) solid h biz. I'd say this was the shit but i have done no other h to compare it to. Before I met up with him, I had more than "dabbled" with controlled pain meds.(i'm not dick-sizin') But at this time, my tolerance was low, low. He turned me on iv. (my first iv drug in years was like riding a bike)
I'd done nothing as good as that shit, ever. Man. Ol dude & I used to be tight, (i'd say "back in the day" but it's over used) several years ago and I had just inherited some cash. And I had a safety net, so to speak, in that my ol lady's little bro is on subs and constantly slinging it. Since the very first, I banged a little, adjusting for tolerance my dose, every 6-8 waking hours for just less than a month. My ol lady caught me. Ultimatum - her or the dope, straight up because she'd been through enough with her brother. And to my surprise, she forbade her bro from sharing his subs as punishment for keeping it from her. He stuck by her because she got him out of a ton of trouble.
I experienced wd in about the same severity as a 6 month 100mg day hydro (orally) wd. It wasn't near as bad as an oxy wd, but the tolerance and withdrawal can't be denied. I do agree that there's no sense using subs after less than a month noddin'. I did use a few tramadol along with klons and soma for about a week. Really, after thinking about it, i have no experience with subs, firsthand, but I believe them to be more addictive than klons (short term) or soma from what I read and see. My ol lady's bro gets paid, man on his overscripted subs so I thought there had to be some sort of appeal to sub. I guess the appeal is to not be sick.

>>I experienced wd in about the same severity as a 6 month 100mg day hydro (orally) wd>>

rebound is different from withdrawal, how long did it last?

Gave it another try and didn't really feel the Trams.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm on 12 mgs. of Subutex and have taken anywhere between 200 - 800 mg. of Trams about a half an hour after dissolving my daily sub dose, and....nothing.

In the past, I have used Trams to tide me over until I got better drugs and they kept me out of W/D and were a bit energizing, but also too many is not good either as there is a risk of seizure due to Serotonin Syndrome.

I guess for some people it works, but not for others.

I'll have to stick to railing Ambien to get a buzz these days.

iv taken Tramadol after Suboxone n Suboxone after tramadol n is all right a am n addict Tramadol has hold me for 7 months clean n i don't fill like going back to drugs are not a joke I rile hit the floor with heroin n i m finely clean any way y dont want to prise you bot if you r trin to get of drugs Suboxone or tramadol ar the best to use to get clean . (if u take Suboxone tramadol wont work the Suboxone blocks any opiate n if u r taking tramadol for a long time dont take Suboxone it will make you really really sick)

That last post seems to contradict earlier ones that say Tramadol and Suboxone work well together. I was addicted to heroin and methadone for 13 years. I've been on Suboxone for the past year and a half and it has changed my life. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who feels caught up in the seemingly hopeless cycle of opiate addiction. If you take it as prescribed, it can free you from the misery of addiction to other opiates. My question is what prescription drugs would be best to take in combination with 8-16mgs of Suboxone for pain relief from surgery? Normally, my doctor would prescribe Fentanyl. Also, I suggest to anyone considering taking Suboxone to wait 48-72 hours after your last opiate use. I experienced the worst detox of my life from taking Suboxone 48 hours after my last dose of Methadone; had to go to the emergency room.

That last post seems to contradict earlier ones that say Tramadol and Suboxone work well together. I was addicted to heroin and methadone for 13 years. I've been on Suboxone for the past year and a half and it has changed my life. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who feels caught up in the seemingly hopeless cycle of opiate addiction. If you take it as prescribed, it can free you from the misery of addiction to other opiates. My question is what prescription drugs would be best to take in combination with 8-16mgs of Suboxone for pain relief from surgery? Normally, my doctor would prescribe Fentanyl. Also, I suggest to anyone considering taking Suboxone to wait 48-72 hours after your last opiate use. I experienced the worst detox of my life from taking Suboxone 48 hours after my last dose of Methadone; had to go to the emergency room.

First of all, if you want the most out of your suboxone, take ALOT less than 8-16 mg's......try about 2-4 mg's. It feels much more euphoric the less you take. Im prescribed 12 mg's a day but only take about 0.5 mg's 2 to 3 times a day(and I use to be a $200/day IV heroin addict). It makes me feel very euphoric for a drug thats just supposed to make me feel normal. Thats why they prescribe such a high dose, because in high doses all suboxone does it make you feel normal and it allows more of the antogonistic effects to be felt.....but at lower doses less of the antagonistic effects are felt and you can actually get a decent high off of your daily use of suboxone.

This is because the metababolite of buprenorphine(suboxone) is norbuprenorphine....and norbuprenorphine is a full agonist(like heroin or oxy) while buprenorphine is a partial agonist(meaning it doesnt feel nearly as good)....but the problem is that buprenorphine has a stronger biinding affinity to your receptors than norbuprenorphine does so if you take a large dose, allll of the buprenorphine will "outcompete" the norbuprenorphine for the receptors, leaving you feeling normal. But if you take a small enough dose that all of the buprenorphine has binded to the receptors, but since it was such a small dose there are still more receptors to be binded too, then the norbuprenorphine can bind to whatever receptors are leftover....and since norbuprenorphine is a full agonist...this will give you a euphoric high.

I know its complicted but if you read it slowly it makes sense.

Please don't lump all opiates into same category as methadone. Subs 24-48 hrs after MMT can be WD hell like you experienced. Subs taken 24 hrs after a few days of of recreational oxys is no problem for me. I was on methadone for many many yrs and have been on subs for nearly 2 yrs and theres no comparison. Methadone [for mmt] can be easily abused and potentiated... subs abuse is much more difficult. It takes a lot of clever experimentation along with tapering down to a low dose of less than 2mg.

Please don't lump all opiates into same category as methadone. Subs 24-48 hrs after MMT can be WD hell like you experienced. Subs taken 24 hrs after a few days of of recreational oxys is no problem for me. I was on methadone for many many yrs and have been on subs for nearly 2 yrs and theres no comparison. Methadone [for mmt] can be easily abused and potentiated... subs abuse is much more difficult. It takes a lot of clever experimentation along with tapering down to a low dose of less than 2mg.

First of all.....who are you talking too???

Second of all...methadone IS an opiate....so it does, in fact, fall into the opiate category. Sry if this is news to you.

And also, it does not take "clever experimentation" along with tapering to abuse or get high off of suboxone. I had just got put on 12 mg's of suboxone after using $200 IV heroin a day for 4 years....and within like 2 days I was allready taking less than 2 mg doses and was getting a high off of it.....there was no "tapering plan" or "clever experimentation"....I simply took a tiny dose of suboxone and it got me high...and it still does to this day...months and months later....and every time I lower my dose more, it gets me more euphoric.

Please know what your talking about before you post it.

^ I'm talking to you now!

I know exactly what I'm speaking about and am referring to myself [which is exactly what you're doing] regarding potentiation/abuse along with possible WD's.... . Everyone is different and I'm much closer to the "general rule than you! If you get "high" on 2mg SMT.. months after induction... then you are far more in the exception category rather than what most SMT patients experience. You need to know what your talking about... before posting bullshit

BTW methadone is a full agonist synthetic opiate and Buprenorphine is a partial agonist opiate... I doubt you know what that means.... look it up someday when your thinking a little more clearly.

First of all.....who are you talking too???

Second of all...methadone IS an opiate....so it does, in fact, fall into the opiate category. Sry if this is news to you.

And also, it does not take "clever experimentation" along with tapering to abuse or get high off of suboxone. I had just got put on 12 mg's of suboxone after using $200 IV heroin a day for 4 years....and within like 2 days I was allready taking less than 2 mg doses and was getting a high off of it.....there was no "tapering plan" or "clever experimentation"....I simply took a tiny dose of suboxone and it got me high...and it still does to this day...months and months later....and every time I lower my dose more, it gets me more euphoric.

Please know what your talking about before you post it.

You need to be consistant in your thoughts... here is you from a previous post in another thread

Originally Posted by James Brown;
Also, if you continue using suboxone to get high for anything over a week(about) you will see the euphoric effects diminish and it will soon make you only feel normal and not get you high. It does this VERY quickly.....and its not like taking more of it is going to help you....this has to do with certain properties of buprenorphine that im too lazy to get into here....but basically know that less is more with suboxone and once you have a tolerance too it, and your not getting high anymore, thats it, you must quit using the drug, too lower your tolerance, before you can go back to using it to get you high again.

Talk about going 180 degrees from one post to the next... I don't doubt for a minute your still getting a good buzz... you've proven that with your inconsistancies... Just wonder where it's coming from???

Do not take the suboxon unless you are in withdrawals and if you do hold on tight because its going to be a bad day!

You need to be consistant in your thoughts... here is you from a previous post in another thread

Talk about going 180 degrees from one post to the next... I don't doubt for a minute your still getting a good buzz... you've proven that with your inconsistancies... Just wonder where it's coming from???

Jesus christ man you need to chill out...first of all...you shouldnt compare those posts because they were being talked about in two diferent contexts...ill give you a break though, because from the way your posting i would guess you are a little ignorant on the subject....and probably have an anger issue.

My original post was talking about someone with NO opiate experience getting EXTREMELY EUPHORICALLY high off of small doses of suboxone(which I have witnessed many times)....in this scenario, it IS true that after a short period of time, that extreme high they were getting will diminish almost completely...BUT..they could still be able to get the small euphoric buzzes I was talking about in my other post...its just not the same "high" that I was talking about...if you read it closely enough(and read many of my other posts on this subject over the past couple months) you would have realized that and you would have realized that I do know the difference between a full agonist and a partial agonist....you probably would have also not wasted your time making yourself look like an ignorant asshole trying to bitch at me.

My other post was talking about people who have allready had an opiate addiction, meaning they have a very large tolerance to opiates....
in that scenario, the only way to truly enjoy the best euphoria from the suboxone is at lower doses like I said, and this can be done for long periods of time...I know because im doing it right now. This works because of the norbuprenorphine(which is a FULL-AGONIST) that can bind to the receptors that arent taken up by the buprenorphine(partial agonist)...because when you take very low doses of suboxone...all the buperenorphine binds to all the receptors it can until there is no more bupe to bind to any more, then, at small doses, this leaves more receptors open for the full agonist metabolite "norbuprenorphine" to bind to...causing euphoria. Understand that asshole????

Im sry that you made assumptioms that I didnt know what I was talking about just because I didnt spell everything out for you but next time try to keep your cool.

And by the way...there are MANY MANY people, even on bluelight, who attest to the fact that "less is more" with suboxone and have benefited from its euphoric properties in low doses....THEREFORE...im ont the only one as you suggested. Im defintely not the minority....and anyone who hasnt tried the method of "less is more" just hasnt had the opportunity to understand how it works....it doesnt mean it wont work for them simply because they havent tried it. Some people, as you have proven, are a little to thick headed to understand these concepts. And yes, I agree, that everyone is different....but the fact that the metabolite "norbuprenorphine" is a full agonist and the fact that it has more receptors to bind to when you take smaller doses of buprenorphine.....causing a small euphoric "high"...is true. Im sry no one ever explained that too you earlier...causing you to embarass yourself and act like an asshole out of ignorance.

Last edited:
Please try to understand what your talking about before you post such rude comments...

..obviously you hadnt read my first post correctly and took it out of context without realizing it, or you would have understood that it was talking about opiate naive people and the huge high they can get from bupe by itself....

...as well as my second post which was talking about opiate tolerant people who can get high off of suboxone by utilizing its norbuprenorphine metabolite, which only works when you take small quantities of suboxone because buperenorphine has a higher binding affinity than its metabolite norbuprenorphine and would fill up ALL the receptors if taken in large doses, but only fills up some receptors in small doses, leaving rrom for the FULL FUCKING AGONIST "norbuprenorphine".....getting you HIGH......got it now???

Do your research.

And don't bitch and whine until your abolutely sure your not making a fool of yourself.

Please try to understand what your talking about before you post such rude comments...

..obviously you hadnt read my first post correctly and took it out of context without realizing it, or you would have understood that it was talking about opiate naive people and the huge high they can get from bupe by itself....

...as well as my second post which was talking about opiate tolerant people who can get high off of suboxone by utilizing its norbuprenorphine metabolite, which only works when you take small quantities of suboxone because buperenorphine has a higher binding affinity than its metabolite norbuprenorphine and would fill up ALL the receptors if taken in large doses, but only fills up some receptors in small doses, leaving rrom for the FULL FUCKING AGONIST "norbuprenorphine".....getting you HIGH......got it now???

Do your research.

And don't bitch and whine until your abolutely sure your not making a fool of yourself.

You were disrespectful and ill-mannerd first and the above is indication of who really has the anger issues. I did all my research BEFORE induction to bupe. I still don't believe you understand what a partial agonist is... bupe has partial agonist activity at the µ-opioid receptor, partial or full agonist activity at the ORL1/nociceptin and δ-opioid receptor, and competitive antagonist activity at the κ-opioid receptor.... Plainly speaking, partial agonists possess some of the properties of both antagonists and full agonists. Partial agonists bind to receptors and activate them, but not to the same degree as do full agonists. Bupe binds more strongly to receptors in the brain than do other opioids, making it more difficult for opioids to react when bupe is in the system. There is your lesson for the day.

Now I'll get to your pinhead ideas/advice to others at BL. You can't explain your inconsistant thoughts as taking what you said out of context. Especially when you say:

"I simply took a tiny dose of suboxone and it got me high...and it still does to this day...months and months later....and every time I lower my dose more, it gets me more euphoric."

You claim this was 2-3 days after a 4yr $200 a day IV heroin habit. That's utter nonesense. Unless your "heroin" was crap or you're much different then most all other addicts. If the later is true... you should have clarified that as being your own unique experience... because [unfortunately] I've been around addicts for over 30 yrs and don't know anyone who would believe that. Since you didn't elaborate... I assume you take bupe sublingual as prescribed. If not, and to be fair, I do know of at least one person whose IV'd bupe over a long period and says he still gets a light/short buzz but has to fix muliple times daily because of durational effects. He's also pretty clear about the rarity of his experience in relation to most others.

Anyway... getting back to your above ridiculous statement... before that you told someone else:

"You will see the euphoric effects diminish and it will soon make you only feel normal and not get you high. It does this VERY quickly."

You tell one person you still get high "months and months" later with a small dose... then say to another the euphoric effects diminish very quickly. Which is it... months and months or very quickly?

Now you claim you were simply referring to recreational usage between opiate naive vs opiate tolerant individuals. WTF... You can't have it both ways... According to your experience... on one hand, you can switch quickly from a heavy heroin habit [opiate tolerant] to bupe and still get high right off the bat and continue for months and months with bupe. However, on the other hand... if you're opiate naive, you can only use it recreationally for a short period before it loses it euphoric effects and you only feel norma...l and this happens "very quickly"

Jeez... if you can't see the conflicting incoherence then you have no rational thought left... assuming you ever did?? and you call me a fool?? 8) get your story straight.

Last edited:
tramadol felt on buprenorphine???

is this true? im going in for wisdom teeth extraction, actually have to have oral surgery since two are impacted into the bone. its gonna be painful. i dont know how much sense it makes to stop taking my bupe for 3 days just so i can take hydrocodone. bupe is stronger than the shit anyway. case in point:

ran out of bupe once and my friend had a bottle of vicodin. 5/500, i had to take 8 to get well!

if i can take like 400mg of tramadol with my lyrica(to lower the seizure threshold) i would be content. 200mg helped me a ton when i was trying to kick bupe yrs back. i wouldnt get high at all, but there is NO way i would get high with shitty hydrocodone either.

i would really appreciate any thoughts.

You should tell the dentist that your tolerance is higher than most people. I had a nasty car accident in '08 whilst being on subutex, 16mg/day. I had to battle a little with the doctors, but I managed to get prescribed 100mg mscontin twice daily and percocets as needed to take home. That is about 5x the usual I believe. I just told them...buprenorphine is around 20-30x more potent per mg than morphine and I take 16mg a day. Also I know someone that got percocet 10's for his wisdom teeth after telling the dentist that his tolerance was a little higher. Hope this helps.