• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

Idealist portrait of the Champion (ENFP)

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

sounds good to me!

i'm an estj. reading various profiles of the myers briggs types in general, i'm inclined to believe there is something to these definitions.

i'm a close match for the stereotypical estj - much moreso than other types.

alasdair

I am an INFJ...

here's the breakdown...

Introverted - 22%
Intuitive - 62%
Feeling - 62%
Judging - 33%

Dave said:
INTJ. Fits me (mostly) to a tee.
ditto.

i like the list of fictional characters...

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

...good ol Ensign Ro

Whoa Sushii we have the same type! I'm also an ENFJ! On many tests I score evenly on Introverted and Extraverted, and my prof told me that means I'm equally strong in both. Which is spot on. I just feel that ENFJ describes me better, at least how I see me.

Weird! We seem fairly similar in some respects though so maybe it's not that surprising. :)

I forgot to copy the percentages before I closed the test, but I'm usually fairly evenly split on introversion/extraversion too. Extraversion wins out by a small margin. I always score really highly on two of them....N and J I think....

Banquo said:
ditto.

i like the list of fictional characters...

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

...good ol Ensign Ro

Get out of my head (again)... :D

I should not be discussing this. This is a banned subject for me; I wrote a 5-page debunkment of the test that is too much of a rant for me to post. But I'm feeling frisky. ;)

I test as different types; when I was younger I was more E and F. I've always firmly tested as an N and J. I've tested for awhile now as an INTJ. I'm about 55/45 on all dimensions except the J, where I test in the 90s. The INTJ description is apt for me, I think... I can't be perfectly objective.

My partner is an INTP. INTP/INTJs are extremely compatible on the whole when the INTJ and INTP can meet in the middle between judgment and possibility. Both grow best that way. When I look at my relationship as something that I can use my analytical skills to cultivate, I can open my heart to his and we will grow together... because I said so. ;)

i need to go dig mine out of the office; i took it a few years ago and kept the results. be back laterzzz...

remember that there are only 16 types so it's highly likely you'll meet like types - certainly more often than you'll meet somebody with the same birthday, for example.

alasdair

ENJF - some of the things I read about the personality type made me laugh & occassionally cringe. :D

Tambo you always struck me as odd - now it's confirmed ;)

Jamshyd said:
Me too, unfortunately ;)

I've tested for INFP so many times, ;)

Is there anything you can take for it if you test positive?

Jamshyd said:
Me too, unfortunately ;)

I've tested for INFP so many times, I'm actually starting to believe it! ;)

I've tested as an INFP multiple times as well. I don't really like to be categorized into a certain personality, but must admit that the description fits me quite well.

INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of introverted Feeling. Being inward-turning, the natural attraction is away from world and toward essence and ideal. This introversion of dominant Feeling, receiving its data from extraverted intuition, must be the source of the quixotic nature of these usually gentle beings. Feeling is caught in the approach- avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same. The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner Essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind.

Pretty accurate.