• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

INTJ
i think its all true except for the judging part, i don't know where that came from??? hehe

Originally posted by alasdairm:
^
there's a link to the old thread earlier in this thread.
alasdair

I didn't spot that thanks :)

Seems the IN portion is a lock, as every time I take this (or any similar test) that's what I get. But the F/T and J/P ones go either way for me. Guess that makes me bi. ;)

Although on previous tests, I was INFP, on this version I came out as INFJ.
It makes sense to me because although I would like to be more organized, I always end up having an "organized disaster." Feeling and thinking are kinda up in the air too - there's a time for both, if you ask me.
Looks like I'm a swing too, Dag ;)

I took this test once during senior year of high school, and I got the same result this time - eNFp - the "champion" idealist. I like this test; it got me thinking about all of the ways that I have changed over the past few years...sometimes I barely recognize older versions of myself...but still the same person I always have been. :)
edited to show the company I am in. Proud Of:
Franz Josef Haydn
Samuel Clemens
Bill Cosby
Dave Thomas
Martin Short
Robin Williams
Andy Kaufmann
The Fresh Price of Bel-Air
DancinXTCangel
Not Proud Of:
James Dobson
Sinbad
Andy Rooney
Ambivalent About:
Dr. Doug Ross (ER)
Dom Delouise
Paul Harvey
[ 20 December 2002: Message edited by: silverwheel ]

I'm an ISFP
ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run.
ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached.
They are more adept at doing than considering, at acting than reflecting, at tasting than wondering.

I'm an ESTP! :)

Extroverted (E) 56.25% Introverted (I) 43.75%
Sensing (S) 73.33% Intuitive (N) 26.67%
Thinking (T) 74.07% Feeling (F) 25.93%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

extremely. I took it last year, and this year, and the results, compared, are very close. i definitely think it's me!

ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 1 56 44

Me , Jimmy Stewart, and Mother Teresa. What good company i am in. :)

--------After reading it all....Okay, this is all so totally me, it is scary.:

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)
ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

In the workplace, ISFJs are methodical and accurate workers, often with very good memories and unexpected analytic abilities; they are also good with people in small-group or one-on-one situations because of their patient and genuinely sympathetic approach to dealing with others. ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option. Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers.

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior (although, unlike STJs, they are usually as concerned with being "nice" as with strict propriety); if any of their nearest and dearest depart from the straight-and-narrow, it causes the ISFJ major embarrassment: the closer the relationship and the more public the act, the more intense the embarrassment (a fact which many of their teenage children take gleeful advantage of). Over time, however, ISFJs usually mellow, and learn to regard the culprits as harmless eccentrics :). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones--although strong Js may tend to focus more on what the recipient should want rather than what they do want.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

Last edited:
Strength of the preferences %

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

• slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

very expressed perceiving personality

http://keirsey.com/personality/spif.html

http://typelogic.com/isfp.html

Tertiary intuition works best in the background of the ISFP's inner world. Perhaps this is the source of the "gut feeling" SPs consult in matters of chance. However "lucky" the ISFP may be, intuition as a means of communication is a poor servant, evidenced in spoonerisms, non sequiturs and mixed metaphors.

I know from my own life experiance--including my interactions here on this site--that this is spot on.

ENTP

I've taken this test several times, a lot of groups that I have participated have used it as a tool to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of their members. I've found it to be fairly accurate, but I'd warn against using it to predict behavior.

One quote that I especially like though from "my profile"

I've noticed that ENTPs have the need to have areas of expertise/excellence/uniqueness in which one is second to none.

That is so dead-on its not funny.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

:D

I'm an INTP. Is it just me, or does this seem like this is one of the personality types that is seen as a "loser" or "freak" by most of society? At least in america. The type that daydreams, lives internally, etc. Likely not extremely successful, unless in a unique profession that can tap their creativity and analyzing abilities I guess. I like things like this and some enneagrams though. They kind of make you realize that most of the reasons you have for disliking certain kinds of people aren't necessarily valid. I dunno, I guess it just makes you realize that we should all look at others' positives more than their negatives, just because they're different.

^ exactly.

we put so much pressure on ourselves to conform to somebody else's opinion of what we should be like (a friend, a partner, a parent, society in general, an advertisement for clothes, etc.)

why not listen to the opinion of the one person whose opinion really counts? ourselves...

you are in pretty esteemed company, i_j:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Tiger Woods

alasdair