• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Just saw the shrink today. Starting on Vyvanse 70mg day. Problem is I have a needle habit. I wanted to try to shoot some. Everything I've read on this mega-thread says it's not gonna work. The Doc told me about the protein that has to be split off for the amphetamine to work, but he told me, that happens in the bloodstream. So he said snorting would be useless, but I said we'll IV'ing would get it my bloodstream, then it would work right? He sad "yes, I guess it would". So is he misinformed, or is it possible/worth it to IV. Keep in mind that although the benefit might not be all that great, if the downside isn't totally worthless, then I get my needle fix once in awhile. That has been very hard to get over, so any tips on how to shake that craving would be appreciated. BTW I have a 28 yr. drug history, with everything from weed to heroin (clean now except for the Dr. script) and I never IV'ed a drug until my last stint in rehab about ten yrs. ago, when the other inmates taught me to "quit wasting my money" So much for rehabs, when your hearts not in it. Please excuse the rambling tangent

I have a scrip for Vyvanse 70mg. It really does help me out, I tend to get so much more shit done on it. I don't take it everyday though, usually 4-5 days per week. Its kind of weird though, some days it really helps me be more focused and talkative at the same time, other days I feel like Im a zombie.

Only side effect is usually some dry mouth and if I drink caffeine I get jittery. I also find it tends to wear out a little quicker than I like after lunch. It takes bout 1-1.5 hours to kick in.

I don't think I would flip out if I stopped taking it, I would just go back to a more "slacker" mode. And I like the fact that it is not a rec drug, I would be a little too tempted to do lines of Ritalin or adderall.

Just saw the shrink today. Starting on Vyvanse 70mg day. Problem is I have a needle habit. I wanted to try to shoot some. Everything I've read on this mega-thread says it's not gonna work. The Doc told me about the protein that has to be split off for the amphetamine to work, but he told me, that happens in the bloodstream. So he said snorting would be useless, but I said we'll IV'ing would get it my bloodstream, then it would work right? He sad "yes, I guess it would". So is he misinformed, or is it possible/worth it to IV. Keep in mind that although the benefit might not be all that great, if the downside isn't totally worthless, then I get my needle fix once in awhile. That has been very hard to get over, so any tips on how to shake that craving would be appreciated. BTW I have a 28 yr. drug history, with everything from weed to heroin (clean now except for the Dr. script) and I never IV'ed a drug until my last stint in rehab about ten yrs. ago, when the other inmates taught me to "quit wasting my money" So much for rehabs, when your hearts not in it. Please excuse the rambling tangent

I figured out how to do this a while ago. You have to react it with trypsin, a stomach enzyme , and then do an acid/base extract.

I wrote a thread about it a while ago detailing the whole process ....

I guess you could skip the A/B extract if you can de-activate the trypsin, otherwise the trypsin can eat through skin from what I hear.

I would love to be able to IV vyvanse... believe me . It's possible, but I don't think it's been done.

PM me for a trypsin source...

-lenses

shooting Vyvanse

shooting up Vyvanse is very irresponsible and idiotic. Take the drug how it was intended... orally, in the amount it was intended... w/e the doc prescribed both MG and amount per day.

Vyvanse isn't crack and it's not intended to get high on. It's for add/adhd. The fact that someone has to ask if it would work via IV should be an even bigger red flag not to try it. No wonder medications such as Vyvanse and Nucynta etc. get placed in schedule II.

if you people wish to abuse prescription stimulants, why not take the IR varieties?
instead of trying to cleave the lysine off the vyvanse, you could instead get switched to dexedrine IR
just my thoughts though..

i should be getting changed to dexamphetamine tomorrow, switching from ritalin (which has little therapeutic value for me)

on a side-note: in regards to study (cramming during nights before exams and whatnot)
how does vyvanse compare to dexedrine IR?
and how is the "high" in comparison?... therapeutically and recreationally

Last edited:
Vyvanse 50mg= about 25mg generic aderall but a lot smoother, longer lasting, and not as harsh of a come down(if at all) also get mixed amph salts for night classes which is great for about 4 hours and does produce a more noticeable "high" but probably due to the rapid release properties

I've been using vyvanse a lot lately. Started with 50mg a day and it was marvelous! I had slight euphoria but no anxiety, incredible focus, great cognition (especially mathematics), and increased sociability.

Fast forward to almost a year and I take 120 mg a day and while I get focus and increased cognition I've lost the happier side of the drug. Instead of being chatty and happy I'm very easily agitated by people and generally avoid conversation now. I have had adderall boosters that were IR and I had a better effect.

SO... I'm going to try to get Adderall instead of vyvanse. The claim vyvanse lasts 12 hours is just not true for a LOT of people and I'm one of them. An enzyme governs the release and enzymes can have so much variability it isn't even funny. After just a month I would take my 50mg vyvanse and 6-7 hours later crash the fuck out. Adderall for some reason is longer lasting for me, idk if it's the l-amp or what but it just seems to work better (obviously we're all different).

I've been using vyvanse a lot lately. Started with 50mg a day and it was marvelous! I had slight euphoria but no anxiety, incredible focus, great cognition (especially mathematics), and increased sociability.

Fast forward to almost a year and I take 120 mg a day and while I get focus and increased cognition I've lost the happier side of the drug. Instead of being chatty and happy I'm very easily agitated by people and generally avoid conversation now. I have had adderall boosters that were IR and I had a better effect.

SO... I'm going to try to get Adderall instead of vyvanse. The claim vyvanse lasts 12 hours is just not true for a LOT of people and I'm one of them. An enzyme governs the release and enzymes can have so much variability it isn't even funny. After just a month I would take my 50mg vyvanse and 6-7 hours later crash the fuck out. Adderall for some reason is longer lasting for me, idk if it's the l-amp or what but it just seems to work better (obviously we're all different).

Hey, right now i am taking 40 mg vyvance, and I have also noticed the strong tolerance that build up to it. I've taken adderal before and I did not seem to build up up tolerance to it as quick as vyvance. Seeing as the body gains a ashortterm tolerance to dextroamphetamine that rapidly builds up upon repeated use and diminishes quickly upon abstinence, Im wondering if this increased tolerance isdirectly related to the long duration of vyvance.

For example, lets say Person A takes adderal at 8 am on Monday whereas at the same time person B takes Vyvance, and both doses result in nearly eqivelent peak Blood plasma levels. Assuming that adderal is out of Person A''s system at 2 pm (6 hours post taking) and the vyvance has left Person B's system at 5 Pm (9 hours post taking), Person A would have an extra 3 hours per day to reduce his tolerance. It might not seem like alot, but with daily use the 3 hours would-imo-build up into an avoidably high tolerance to the drugs effects.

After a few days, vyvance would lose that confident kick which ADD innatentive people such as myself rely on as the motivation to go to school and thus become a succesful professional.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey, right now i am taking 40 mg vyvance, and I have also noticed the strong tolerance that build up to it. I've taken adderal before and I did not seem to build up up tolerance to it as quick as vyvance. Seeing as the body gains a ashortterm tolerance to dextroamphetamine that rapidly builds up upon repeated use and diminishes quickly upon abstinence, Im wondering if this increased tolerance isdirectly related to the long duration of vyvance.

For example, lets say Person A takes adderal at 8 am on Monday whereas at the same time person B takes Vyvance, and both doses result in nearly eqivelent peak Blood plasma levels. Assuming that adderal is out of Person A''s system at 2 pm (6 hours post taking) and the vyvance has left Person B's system at 5 Pm (9 hours post taking), Person A would have an extra 3 hours per day to reduce his tolerance. It might not seem like alot, but with daily use the 3 hours would-imo-build up into an avoidably high tolerance to the drugs effects.

After a few days, vyvance would lose that confident kick which ADD innatentive people such as myself rely on as the motivation to go to school and thus become a succesful professional.

Just my 2 cents.

Just trying to figure out how to subscribe to posts, this message is irrelevant

I get a bottle(30pills) of 70mg vyvanse and I get another bottle(60pills) of 20mg amphetamine sulfate pills a month. Screw uppers I'm better off taking tests and going to school sober. I've "been on" this shit for a while now aka I just sell my bottles every month. Gettin $100 a month is better than eating 90 pills and feeling like shit and loosing weight and all that nonsense.

Interesting thought on just taking tests sober and the Like...
Personally I Am so scattered by 11am without vyvance( I take 70mg/daily) that it would be unbearable to try and focus on my work without it.
When I take my medications as prescribed I am "sober" as they simply correct certain nuero-chemical imbalances making life otherwise intolerable. I know for many they are just to get high, and hey, I'm cool with that! To Each Their Own.
The one main complaint I have about these medications is that stark increase in hearing I experience for the first hour or so and at times mild paranoia. Is that common?!
I find that making sure to eat something prior to taking the medication makes all the difference on most unpleasant side effects tho...
Finally, I neither condemn or condone selling medications to others but, if you are going to, then you can get A HELL OF A LOT MORE than $100 for all that!! Holy slapdappiteedingadong-fuckcrunchies!! You need to consider going up just a bit!! (;

I get a bottle(30pills) of 70mg vyvanse and I get another bottle(60pills) of 20mg amphetamine sulfate pills a month. Screw uppers I'm better off taking tests and going to school sober. I've "been on" this shit for a while now aka I just sell my bottles every month. Gettin $100 a month is better than eating 90 pills and feeling like shit and loosing weight and all that nonsense.

Your dosing is way to high to produce any positive effects that make this regiment le drugs worth it. If your taking that regiment daily its no wonder why its not working, your tolerance has been raised to the point where your abusing your body by "taking it as recomended". CHill out from it for a while (4 days at least) or take very small doses just to get you by. Take it after that and I assure you you will get the original kick you need to get by.

Taking high doses like that will cause a massive tolerance to the positive effects and only a minor tolerance to the negative effects.

Taking weekend breaks and using supplement to make my stomach alkaline has allowed me to stay on an effective forty mg regiment (maybe taking longer breaks and bigger doses if i know i have a shit load of work to do in the next week)

If you do it right, a well-scheduled low dose regiment will get you more focused and confident than a huge ass daily regiment. Huge regiments produce uneasy energy, social anxiety, and the paradoxical desire to do absolutely nothing but twitch and meaningless repetitive amphemetic routines.

Is there a way we can temporarily change this in ourselves?
For me, 80mg Vyvanse's actually good parts are gone within about 5 hours. Same with 60mg and 40mg(which I don't ever take unless it's JUST to focus a bit more on work and get it done faster). I usually dose 60mg for my enjoyment, which I think is lower than most people, but higher doses wear off just as fast.

So the question I asked up top, and also wondering about L-Tyrosine as a crash (partial) cure(I also eat like I know I should on Vyv, start out with fatty foods then eat vyv +25minutes, eat protein and fat and carb all day long).

well, i ran across about 20 or so of the orange/blue 70mg vyvanse caps and also about the same number of grey 36mg concerta caps too. oh and about 50 of these old generic adderal ir 5mg pills, they are blue and chaulky, and i dont think i've ever even felt the addy's even taking 15 or so of the 5mg ones. Anyways, fast forward few weeks to last night, i decided to give it a go, and for some reason I just popped 4 of them with 4 5mg adderal's and about a hour after i started to bearly feel it hit. that was around 2pm, and by 4 i was grinding my teeth like i had done bunch of coke. and was pretty damn tweaked out, able to act fairly normal but deff felt like i REALLY underestemated them.
so i think its pretty much warn off now since about 630am and instead of going to bed im thinking 1 70mg cap is sounding good, its 840am now day 2, so ill take it now and prob try to crash out good this evening.

overall im pretty impressed with vyvanse compaired to adderal and adderal xr's

on a side note, when I used to WD from pretty heavy opiate use the first few times i'd ride it out prob bout a week and once im starting to slowely feel better, but lathargic i'd take like 90-120mg of adderal xr that i'd crush the beads. and that felt about as speedy as the vyvanse last night was.... very compairable, 280mg VYV vs 120mg adderalxr

anyways, i better go take that 70mg now so i can relax tonight, sorry for the long and prob scattered post, just...well you guys know how it gets, LOL.

thanx

I am prescribed Vyvanse 70mg capsule per day,and it works by combining with lysine in the small intestines according to my shrink and my perosnal resource backs this up,, lysine makes the drug active and it takes approxamately One Hour to work,as my shrink said there is no coming up type of rush as with other stimulant pharms, he said after an hour give or take a while "you are just there" maneing it is working,an dunlike adderal which is a combination of dl,amphetamine salts ,Vyvanse converts into d,amohetamine..The abuse potential orally is lower than other drugs because the lysine (in whatever form it is in d,lysine or whatver I do not know, but lysine in a naturally occuring essential amino acid made by the body,and you can only take about 140 or so mgs and then the lysine is depleted for enough time,in your small intestines that further dosage will pass un-activated through the GI tract.

well, i ran across about 20 or so of the orange/blue 70mg vyvanse caps and also about the same number of grey 36mg concerta caps too. oh and about 50 of these old generic adderal ir 5mg pills, they are blue and chaulky, and i dont think i've ever even felt the addy's even taking 15 or so of the 5mg ones. Anyways, fast forward few weeks to last night, i decided to give it a go, and for some reason I just popped 4 of them with 4 5mg adderal's and about a hour after i started to bearly feel it hit. that was around 2pm, and by 4 i was grinding my teeth like i had done bunch of coke. and was pretty damn tweaked out, able to act fairly normal but deff felt like i REALLY underestemated them.
so i think its pretty much warn off now since about 630am and instead of going to bed im thinking 1 70mg cap is sounding good, its 840am now day 2, so ill take it now and prob try to crash out good this evening.

overall im pretty impressed with vyvanse compaired to adderal and adderal xr's

on a side note, when I used to WD from pretty heavy opiate use the first few times i'd ride it out prob bout a week and once im starting to slowely feel better, but lathargic i'd take like 90-120mg of adderal xr that i'd crush the beads. and that felt about as speedy as the vyvanse last night was.... very compairable, 280mg VYV vs 120mg adderalxr

anyways, i better go take that 70mg now so i can relax tonight, sorry for the long and prob scattered post, just...well you guys know how it gets, LOL.

thanx

4 70s is a lot.
25mg=about 7.5mg d-amphetamine, so 280 would=84mg d-amphetamine. Adderall is 87.5% d-amphetamine, so 87.5% of the 20mg you took would be 17.5mg. 17.5+84= 101.5mg d-amphetamine.
120mg adderall is 87.5% d-amphetamine so 105mg d-amphetamine 15mg l-amphetamine.

So your guessing (combining the 20mg adderall and 280 vyvanse) was very close!

Finally, I neither condemn or condone selling medications to others but, if you are going to, then you can get A HELL OF A LOT MORE than $100 for all that!! Holy slapdappiteedingadong-fuckcrunchies!! You need to consider going up just a bit!! (;

Seriously! I pay about $5 for a single high strength pill and this person is selling for just over a dollar a pill!

Vyvance Is Useless..

:( Ok, I just went from 60 mg. of Ritalin instant release to this 40-50mg. Vyvance. I take it I fall asleep on it, I have tried doubleing up the dose however the same happenes. What is going on? I have Narcolepsy and am Prescibed this for that, all because three years ago I had been an addict of a pain killer NOTb an stimulant , But The state put their two cents in recently to my doctor and told him since I was an addict he needs to put my on a drug thats Not Ritalin, or an instant release form drug due to my three year ago addiction to pain killers. I could not believe this as the ritalin was working so well and the vyvance just does nothing for me, I mean nothing. Any suggestions on what to ask for next that is not an instant release medication? One that perhaps I can stay awake on? Thanx

hey what is the dosage correlation in dosing of vyvanse to adderall.i seemed to do fine all day on 80/90 mg of ir adderall,60 mg.s of vyvanse seemed to do nothing wich is understandable if 30mg.s vyvanse = 7.5 0f instant release adderall,but whats the deal???