• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Vyvanse and motivation

This is my first time posting and I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this however this thread did say Vyvanse so here goes.
I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD predominantly inattentive and have been prescribed 20mg of Vyvanse each morning to help. I have an essay to write and I am having a hard time finding the motivation to get started as usualle. Now I find myself needing to stay up all night and work on it. Does anyone have any advice on how to motivate yourself while on Vyvanse. I just took 40mg of Vyvanse this evening and took 20mg this morning. I should probably just start and try to work on the paper. Any advice form someone who is on Vyvanse for ADD?

Does Vyvanse work well if you have ADD? How does it compare to a low dose of Ritalin, or Adderall?
Yes it does. i find it less motivating then Adderall, but strong control over ADD. I find it vastly superior to Ritalin. I am currently on 70 mg of Vyvanse daily, but I found great help as low as 30 mg.

Last night was my first time trying Vyvanse, I took about 170mg of it. Its been about 20 hours. I was wondering if I could take a 54mg Concerta or two. What would happen if I did?

I'm still confused why you still think you're right. How do you think blood cells are doing this conversion? They contain enzymes which do the physical conversion. Perhaps trypsin itself doesn't (I still can't find any reason why it wouldn't, and I haven't read the studies it cites, but it's possible there's some reason it can't), but enzymes are doing the work, be they in the gut or the blood cells. I don't dispute the location, I dispute your claim that enzymes aren't responsible.

He thinks he is right because he is directly quoting a peer-reviewed article that obviously states the facts of this matter; you are wrong.

Also, he is not claming that enzymes arent responsible. He is claiming that trypsin isnt the catalyst... and he is obviously right considering the results of that experiment are in the article he posted.

Try using your own brain for two seconds before calling other people morons, particularly when you dont bother to actually read the (excellent) information they post.

Well I aint nearly as smart as ya'll...i take 100mg a day of this stuff n i am supper happy...my doc told me to take 1000mg of Calcium Citrate with it if I need a boost...guessing that works on blood pH..all I know is if my wife takes 50mg and 1000 mg of the CaCitrate girl gets freaking tweeked n horny as hell..much like she does on X..but for a longer run..I even get a good buzz on and I've lived on high doses of ADHD shit for along time..12yrs. Also to mello it out some 120 mg of lamactal seem to do the trick...any thoughts would be awsome cause I want to know if using the trypsin would really trip it out?

This is an accurate thread....it varies from person to person. My experience with vyvanse sucked. No euphoria.....not even an amped feeling, or wanting to clean lol. I felt edgy when I felt it at all....then exhausted for days, and unable to sleep. I am STILL feel horrible 3 days later. Never again... Nothing good. Maybe you'll be the person that has a great experience Not worth trying it in case you're one of the ones that gets edgy, then feels horrible for days.

You, Sir, are a moron.* I would suggest doing even a tiny bit of reading before you make such emphatic statements. If you're going to tell everyone that something commonly accepted as fact is actually false, you would be well advised to double check your work. Re-read that article. I have the full copy, but you can find everything you need in the abstract.

It says that lisdexamfetamine is metabolized to dexamp by an aminopeptidase in the red blood cell cytosol. Did you bother to look up the word peptidase? Since it has the -ase suffix, you know it is a type of enzyme, and the peptid part... hmm, sounds like peptide... Oh yes, peptidase, enzymes which cleave peptide bonds. You should look up examples of that type of enzyme. I'll wait a second while you do so.

Done now? Okay, good. Now don't you feel stupid, or what? Yeah, trypsin is a common peptidase. It is perfectly capable of cleaving that bond in the lisdexamfetamine molecule to release plain dexamphetamine.

Moreover, that study doesn't say that LDA isn't metabolized to DA in the gut, it just shows that LDX is metabolized at least to some extent by red blood cells. It looks specifically at how red blood cells metabolize LDA in vitro, it doesn't address how the drug is actually metabolized in vivo. The idea that red blood cells actually do the conversion would suggest that injecting the drug would make it work significantly faster- bypassing long route it had to go through the stomach, small intestine, active transport by amino acid transporters, and more before finally hitting the blood. That may be true, actually, I'm not completely sure, one small study found peak plasma concentrations of dexamphetamine to occur at 2.58hr after IV admin, while much larger studies find about 3 to 3.5hr for oral admin (with wide variability). Because of the wide individual variance, I don't know how much effect you can read into the seemingly faster time to peak plasma from such a small sample size. Too much noise going on to ascribe the difference to any one cause.

*I wanted to say idiot, but that suggests you're incapable of intelligence, and I don't think that's the case. I think of a moron as one who is capable of beneficial change.

This is a few months old I know.
You are right. But you are also wrong. The reason trypsin does not cleave lysine from the d-amphetamine in this case is because of exopeptidase(Exp) and endopepsidase (Edp). Trypsin is a endpepsidase
Edp's will only cleave peptide bonds at non terminal ends. Exp's will only cleave peptide bonds at terminal ends. LDX is a dipeptide making both ends terminal. Therefore trypsin can not cleave this bond. I have a thread about this at this link if you would like more information on this.
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279469

Secondly. The IV administration effect of this drug is lessened because it is metabolized in RBC's. The transporter PEP1 is required to carry LDX into the RBC to be metabolized.

Last edited:
So, I got at least one script of lisdexamfetamine after months worth of being on Addy 30 XR, 10 IR. There's a story there, but maybe another time. I talked my way back into lisdex by saying it's more consistent than Addy, and that is true, it really is.

The last time I had Vyvanse was back in May of this year, and I only had one script of it, I believe..not a whole lot to judge it on overall, being that I had just very recently started taking stimulants again for my ADD. I remember having mixed feelings about Vyvanse, and concluded that I wanted the rush more as well as control and drastically increased onset of Adderall.

Anyways, here we are 7 months later, and I'm trying the same dose (50mg) once again. I have much more experience with amphetamines now from this year, and not exactly for the better (amp psychosis about 3 or 4 times), but I've learned my lessons.

I got it filled yesterday, and I knew to expect a good 3ish hours before it was fully kicked in. But, yeah, you most certainly have to be patient with this drug, but once it kicks in, it's worth it (to me, at least). All D-Amp, consistently pumping through you, vs many ups and downs, and a much smaller percentage of d-amp, with Adderall? No thanks, I prefer this stuff, and so does a friend of mine that took it for the first time, with experience in years past with other stims.

Sure, there's really no conceivable rush, so to speak, but it's still noticeable enough of an onset to still be pretty pleasant. What I used to do was down a partial shotglass of baking soda about 10 mins before downing the capsules, and it is a noticeable difference in half life.

Last thing I'll say is that I basically OD'ed off the Vyvanse script I had back in the spring, but that was my stupidity and impatience. I probably had taken 3 or 4 50mg caps, within several hours, biking around the city in warm weather..ran out of water, and not a whole hell of a lot of nutritional intake before I left the house, either. What eventually resulted was INSANELY intense euphoria...more-so than I had ever experience on Addy's. I couldn't walk but a few steps down the street without getting really light-headed and feeling like I would pass out if I tried to go much further. And it was clear that downing a bunch of water wasn't really doing shit ultimately to make it start fading away. There's an end to the story, but it's really probably not anything too shocking. It involves vitamin C (someone bought me an orange, not knowing the truth..thinking it was just exhaustion), and that and sitting the rest of the mental ride out ended it soon enough. Scary shit.

Hey everyone, I got access to some vyvanse and tried it out. Took 40 mg, had a horrible first 45 minutes, then some shakes, anxiety....done so many drugs that I wasnt worried, rode it out....about 2 hours in it was mild, no dry mouth, no real noticeable euphoria, had 3 beers, which helped calm me a bit during the metabolizing period...

took another 40 mg, had about 15 minutes of the same dirty feeling after they started working...and an hour later slight dryness in mouth, pretty calm but I get stuff done which is nice and my intention....some tension in muscles....took another 40 mg but this will be the end of it for me...never really liked amphetamine or coke anyways....

if anything oxycodone is way way way better for me......take a flexerol/cyclozobenzaprin in the end at you have a great night sleep.

it was worth the try, but then again I always have to take so much compared to others to get high.

I rermember in the past while I did heroine and some friends would do an 1/8 pr a 1/4 and be nodding out...I'm like what??!!!

anyways, this was my experience, gonna go do some more house choires and probably smoke some of my sour diesel
vape and let go of any thoughts of doing this again.

I'm glad you are ok chrisincville!!!

I got the opesite problem its just never enough for me, could be that my body chemestry is all screwed up because of 15 years of drug addiction everyday....
It just can change how things chemically pan out....like downers gets me energized normally....I have a presciption for tamazepam but whats recreational
about it if i cant remember nothing at all? what I wanna remember is sitting with awesome euphoria all evening feeling happy and relaxed....so I didnt
even pick them up last time. This is not me normally but perhaps a change is happening.

I find a good 80 mg of oxycodone and a cyclozobenzaprine and some wine to be just great for me, and if my wife calls I can easily be calm and assertive
most of the time LOL

btw I am on 120 mg right now but I drink lots of water, I eat and make sure to get what my body needs.

This is a few months old I know.
You are right. But you are also wrong. The reason trypsin does not cleave lysine from the d-amphetamine in this case is because of exopeptidase(Exp) and endopepsidase (Edp). Trypsin is a endpepsidase
Edp's will only cleave peptide bonds at non terminal ends. Exp's will only cleave peptide bonds at terminal ends. LDX is a dipeptide making both ends terminal. Therefore trypsin can not cleave this bond. I have a thread about this at this link if you would like more information on this.
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279469

Secondly. The IV administration effect of this drug is lessened because it is metabolized in RBC's. The transporter PEP1 is required to carry LDX into the RBC to be metabolized.

PEPT1 is a transporter of amino acids found primarily in the intestine. Many drugs also can be substrates of PEPT1, LDX included, even if they are not amino acids or peptides. PEPT1 is responsible for the absorption of LDX from the intestine to the systemic circulation but most likely is not what RBCs use to either uptake or metabolize LDX. It is most likely an aminopeptidase that cleaves lysine off LDX but it isnt fully elucidated yet.

I'm getting euphoric with 100mg, a good cup of coffee
But i went to pee already 4 times in 2 hours... Idk if its something related.

After being clean for 10 yrs from massive coke addiction,I discovered Adderall..I can take approx 70-80 mg of Adderall,but usually takes about 120-150mg of Vyvanse for same effect. Seems much weaker to me personally

That's because Vyvanse is a little different than Adderall. The total lisdexamfetamine dose only yields 30% actual dextroamphetamine once the lysine is torn apart. So if you took 150mg of vyvanse, then you're getting 45mg of pure dextroamphetamine. An easier way to remember is that for every 50mg of vyvanse you take, it yields 15mg of d amphetamine.

The amount of d amphetamine in the Adderall dosage you stated is a little higher than this. That's why it seems weaker.

Vyvanse is a great drug. Second( subjectively speaking ) to actual dextroamphetamine. My effects were all smooth. Slightly tweaked at much higher doses. My sweet spot was 120mg to 140mg, but 70mg worked all day long. I noticed if I took a small dose of Adderall on top of the Vyvanse, about an hour or so in, it felt like 10+hours of nice Adderall.

vyvanse is the best. I'd pick it over everything (upper wise, opiates are my one true love) but the VERY BEST quality IV shard. only prescription amphetamine I've ever really gotten anything out of.

EDIT: ah man ...ODing off 150-200mg vyvanse ...never hurts to have a reminder of how different people's chemistry can be. I used to take up to 600mg (took 350mg my first time, probably a little too much for my first time, I really only needed a minimum of 300mg to get going when I was just starting out on a binge) at a time and even work and ride horses out in the sun at a barn for hours at a time during that time to no immediate ill effect. but man I loved that shit.

Last edited:
I agree with you Speed King. It virtually lacks a come down, as well, compared to other psychostimulants. And the long duration, up to 12 - 14 hours, is pretty nice. I took a little too much my first time - 200mg - yet it was still quite a surprising experience as to what I thought it would be like...my only other psychostimulant experiences at the time being methylphenidate and some cathinones.

I agree with you Speed King. It virtually lacks a come down, as well, compared to other psychostimulants. And the long duration, up to 12 - 14 hours, is pretty nice. I took a little too much my first time - 200mg - yet it was still quite a surprising experience as to what I thought it would be like...my only other psychostimulant experiences at the time being methylphenidate and some cathinones.

IMO it has a HELL of a comedown, long and drawn out, compared to meth and coke. that may be my opinion because my experiences w/ meth (only done coke once or twice and experienced no comedown to speak of) have never involved going w/o sleep more than 48hrs and when I was doing vyvanse I never went less than 3 days, rarely less than 5, and once even up to 9, usually between 5-7 days. but generally when I did meth I had no problems whatsoever IVing and smoking meth all morning then sleeping soundly at night (then doing it again the next day) and never felt too shitty in between; maybe because of l-dex's long half-life but once I started feeling like I was coming down 10-12hrs after it kicked in I would feel REALLY shitty for a REALLY long time, like another 12, 16 hours plus before I could finally crash and get some sleep. it was rough.
methylphenidate has a famously awful comedown so if you're comparing it to that though I can see why it may not seem so bad ...though I've never done ritalin personally so I can't say from experience

Last edited:
IMO it has a HELL of a comedown, long and drawn out, compared to meth and coke. that may be my opinion because my experiences w/ meth (only done coke once or twice and experienced no comedown to speak of) have never involved going w/o sleep more than 48hrs and when I was doing vyvanse I never went less than 3 days, rarely less than 5, and once even up to 9, usually between 5-7 days. but generally when I did meth I had no problems whatsoever IVing and smoking meth all morning then sleeping soundly at night (then doing it again the next day) and never felt too shitty in between; maybe because of l-dex's long half-life but once I started feeling like I was coming down 10-12hrs after it kicked in I would feel REALLY shitty for a REALLY long time, like another 12, 16 hours plus before I could finally crash and get some sleep. it was rough.
methylphenidate has a famously awful comedown so if you're comparing it to that though I can see why it may not seem so bad ...though I've never done ritalin personally so I can't say from experience

Oh hell yes, methylphenidate has the worst come down I've ever experienced. How much vyvanse were you doing? And did you redose?