• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

I've decided to challenge this thought.

EXPLICIT WARNING - I AM AN IDIOT, DO NOT EVEN REMOTELY CONSIDER TRYING THE STUPIDITY I AM ABOUT TO DISCUSS.

My first attempt failed, but I'll continue trying.

40 mg Vyvanse capsule, half capsule of probiotic digestive enzymes, 1 part water, 1 part concentrated lemon juice. Low heat.

There's definitely an initial feeling, but it completely vanishes in seconds. Zero euphoria.

1 ML solution Ivd right antecubital.

I'll continue tweaking and trying. I'll post updates later.

I don't need to hear how dangerous/stupid/impossible/nonsensical this is. I'm doing this out of absolute curiosity. It's similar to hacking a secure site or looking through someones email when you know you shouldn't.

To be continued...

Can you explain the lemon juice? I know zero about IVing any drug, but the lemon juice caught my eye and made me curious as to why you included it.

Some people seem to think that adjusting the ph of the solution to mimic that of the stomach will help separate the lysine from the dexamp so the drug can be abused. The general consensus is that the cleaving of the lysine is enzymatic and takes place elsewhere, so mimicking the environment in the stomach would be counterintuitive. A lot of this thread has been devoted to hashing this out but nobody can seem to settle the argument. The enzyme theory seems more logical to me, but I'm no pharmacokineticist.

Okay so I'm getting two 30mg vyvanse pills tomorrow and I wanna know what it will do to me? Like what will the high be like? Should I take both pills? Should I take it during school? I've never taken any pills like that, so I have 0 tolerance. I'm also a 5'11" male about 135-140 lbs if that has any effect on it...

I would say start with one, maybe not during school but right after. And no one really knows how it will affect you... Everyone's different.

I need to know some sort of time line on reuping on Vyvance I don't have much of a tollarance to stems I'm 35 years old male 11 year heavy opiate veteran iv taken 4 Vyvance 2 at 4pm yesterday an 2 at 12 last night and I'm trying to push tru till tomorrow 1130 pm I'm not sure when or how much is safe I have 50 mg Vyvance an some adderall, focalin,any help would be appreciated sooner the better thanks

Some people seem to think that adjusting the ph of the solution to mimic that of the stomach will help separate the lysine from the dexamp so the drug can be abused. The general consensus is that the cleaving of the lysine is enzymatic and takes place elsewhere, so mimicking the environment in the stomach would be counterintuitive. A lot of this thread has been devoted to hashing this out but nobody can seem to settle the argument. The enzyme theory seems more logical to me, but I'm no pharmacokineticist.

I was always under the impression that elevated levels of vitamin C really speed up amphetamine metabolization.

I imagine you'd want to avoid lemon juice altogether. Like you said, the lysine cleaving is enzymatic.

Vyvanse had me cleaning my house with a toothbrush, doing other peoples homework, going on 5 mile runs, answering so many questions in class that the teacher told me to shut up, and not eating for 2 days. Not condoning usage it makes you feel really strung out too and I reckon it could have bad long term effects down the road.

^not sleeping or eating do worse things than vyvanse imo...

amp has been in use on a wide scale for about 85 years, I think we know how dangerous it is.

Disclaimer: this is purely harm reduction for safer (ab)use.

I have already posted this but im way too lazy to copy paste it...also higher mg is obviously better to have.

If you want to get high from vyvanse you only need a few things.
91% iso alcohol
Coffee filter
Shot glass
Butter knife
Pyrex dish.

Ok break those puppies open, put in the shot glass.

Pour in enough alcohol to cover powder....stir gently.

Pour thru filter into pyrex.

Evap over electric heat...you'll see some off white precipitate coming and you want that for form SLOWLY, until all alcohol is gone and it begins to BARELY bubble and turn a more light gold color.

Then its done and we used to either bomb it or chase off foil because it doesn't work well in a glass bulb.

This whole deal shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

Anyhow be safe have fun.

Vyvanse had me cleaning my house with a toothbrush, doing other peoples homework, going on 5 mile runs, answering so many questions in class that the teacher told me to shut up, and not eating for 2 days. Not condoning usage it makes you feel really strung out too and I reckon it could have bad long term effects down the road.

Take less

I learned an important lesson: if you are a 150-lb female, 250 mg in 24 hours is not fun, especially when the high is at its peak. It will likely make you feel jittery, nervous, wobbly, and just kind of weirdly overwhelmed for a few hours. I did get my essay done though, and it's really good.

For anyone who still is lost on the idea that Vyvanse is only metabolized in the GI tract, or that trypsin breaks down the molecule to dextroamphetamine, I encourage you to read this document I have linked. It has been proven that lisdexamfetamine (LDX) is in fact broken down by red blood cells. It is NOT broken down by any trypsin or pancreatin enzymes. For the sake of harm reduction to anyone who may be attempting to break down vyvanse into dextroamphetamine for the purpose of anal plugging or insuffulation. Do NOT USE TRYPSIN OR ANY RELATED ENZYMES as they are harmful to your intestines and/or nasal passage when plugged or snorted. Also if you have been attempting to cleave that lysine bond with trypsin, and you have been thinking you were "feeling" the effects of straight dextroamphetamine, THINK AGAIN.

http://www.dovepress.com/lisdexamfe...diated-hydrolysis-i-peer-reviewed-article-NDT

Here you go. This took forever to find after digging past all the garbage that Shire has put in front of the real information behind the body's reduction of their precious Vyvanse.

That is a very interesting post ghf. I had just spent 20 minutes reading about enzymatic cleaving of the covalent l-lysine bond by trypsin on another website, and to come here immediately afterward to find you saying that it is broken down by the red blood cells? It was thought-provoking. Both sides have a sliver of science to prop them up pretty convincingly.

If we had the resources we could perform several different experiments (using pepsin, trypsin, acids, bases, proteins/enzymes/whatever's on the red blood cells (comprehensively, you see?)) to ascertain which methods, if any, would lyse the lysine bond to an appreciable degree. I mean.. Of course we could; the equipment is always the issue. But we have a (mostly) serious community, and so I see no reason why we couldn't standardize some procedures and get freaky with some simple, non-dangerous experiments.

I'm on the tail end of a 60mg lisdex experience (T+9:15) and this idea has me quite fascinated, aha. It should not be any great feat for someone who knows their chemistry to think of all the experimental possibilities and draw up some experiments. I could totally do a couple..

But this is where the equipment comes into play. I mean, and this is the big question, how would one go about measuring the composition of the resulting substance? The only ways I can think of straight off require some funds, or at least access to expensive machines.

Is it possible to perform a subsequent reaction that attaches the lysine to another relatively harmless molecule (protein or not) after any of these reactions occur? If so, or even if not, it may be possible to precipitate dex-amp out of solution (or precipitate lysing, but that's just what I just said, re worded). From there we could possibly weigh the precipitate (after drying) and then, using molar mass stoichiometry, we could discern how much dex-amp was in a given mass of precipitate.
Knowing that information for each individual reaction (and subsequent precipitation reactions) we could compare the yield and ratio of dexamp to the, hopefully inert, binder for each individual product.

Just food for thought; I would need help with the serious reaction calculations, but perhaps this post gives other seekers a new perspective on the problem.

Man... I was hit pretty hard by 60mg. This stuff is actually really nice. I wouldn't want to get pure d-amp, but I know others might, so that gives me an excellent outlet for my intense curiosity. This problem is so simple, but so very difficult to solve when one is groping around in the near-darkness. Consider this my attempt at turning the light up just a few degrees more.

For anyone who still is lost on the idea that Vyvanse is only metabolized in the GI tract, or that trypsin breaks down the molecule to dextroamphetamine, I encourage you to read this document I have linked. It has been proven that lisdexamfetamine (LDX) is in fact broken down by red blood cells. It is NOT broken down by any trypsin or pancreatin enzymes. For the sake of harm reduction to anyone who may be attempting to break down vyvanse into dextroamphetamine for the purpose of anal plugging or insuffulation. Do NOT USE TRYPSIN OR ANY RELATED ENZYMES as they are harmful to your intestines and/or nasal passage when plugged or snorted. Also if you have been attempting to cleave that lysine bond with trypsin, and you have been thinking you were "feeling" the effects of straight dextroamphetamine, THINK AGAIN.

http://www.dovepress.com/lisdexamfe...diated-hydrolysis-i-peer-reviewed-article-NDT

Here you go. This took forever to find after digging past all the garbage that Shire has put in front of the real information behind the body's reduction of their precious Vyvanse.

You, Sir, are a moron.* I would suggest doing even a tiny bit of reading before you make such emphatic statements. If you're going to tell everyone that something commonly accepted as fact is actually false, you would be well advised to double check your work. Re-read that article. I have the full copy, but you can find everything you need in the abstract.

It says that lisdexamfetamine is metabolized to dexamp by an aminopeptidase in the red blood cell cytosol. Did you bother to look up the word peptidase? Since it has the -ase suffix, you know it is a type of enzyme, and the peptid part... hmm, sounds like peptide... Oh yes, peptidase, enzymes which cleave peptide bonds. You should look up examples of that type of enzyme. I'll wait a second while you do so.

Done now? Okay, good. Now don't you feel stupid, or what? Yeah, trypsin is a common peptidase. It is perfectly capable of cleaving that bond in the lisdexamfetamine molecule to release plain dexamphetamine.

Moreover, that study doesn't say that LDA isn't metabolized to DA in the gut, it just shows that LDX is metabolized at least to some extent by red blood cells. It looks specifically at how red blood cells metabolize LDA in vitro, it doesn't address how the drug is actually metabolized in vivo. The idea that red blood cells actually do the conversion would suggest that injecting the drug would make it work significantly faster- bypassing long route it had to go through the stomach, small intestine, active transport by amino acid transporters, and more before finally hitting the blood. That may be true, actually, I'm not completely sure, one small study found peak plasma concentrations of dexamphetamine to occur at 2.58hr after IV admin, while much larger studies find about 3 to 3.5hr for oral admin (with wide variability). Because of the wide individual variance, I don't know how much effect you can read into the seemingly faster time to peak plasma from such a small sample size. Too much noise going on to ascribe the difference to any one cause.

*I wanted to say idiot, but that suggests you're incapable of intelligence, and I don't think that's the case. I think of a moron as one who is capable of beneficial change.

Hello, I am currently prescribed one 70mg Vyvanse per day. I hadn't been on any amphetamine product before this, and 70mg feels like a lot the first day or two, but the body quickly adapts.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else experiences gas from vyvanse? Not so much gas, really, but more constant burping. I think I'm constantly swallowing air. I am definitely moving my tongue around constantly and doing shit with my mouth, and I suspect I'm swallowing more often and taking in more air with it. It's really quite uncomfortable. I have found that drinking a bunch of water during the first couple hours after taking it seems to reduce this side effect. I thought sucking on jolly ranchers would help, but after a couple hours with dry mouth it makes my teeth feel dirty. Not a very pleasant thing. Mints are a little better.

Also, I don't have much amp experience, but is it normal to experience a crash from a 70mg dose? Not on the first few days, but after two weeks one night I felt damn near suicidal, and it lasts so long. It's been over 12hr now and I still feel it's effects. I can sleep now, but I still feel that wired kind of buzzing feeling.

Fortunately it helps me lose some weight, last month I lost 20lb during the two weeks I took it, but the first couple days after I quit I put 12 back on (so, -8lb), just drinking and eating normal. Over the next week, though, I got back to being down 15. I want to lose about 10/month, so that's a decent start. Only need to lose 10 more anyway and I'll be at my ideal weight, with about 15% body fat. I could probably knock that down to 10% with some work, but I'm dealing with an injury which makes it hard to stay active enough to maintain that level.

I was on Vyvanse for the coupon to try it but I took 2 70's in the AM and 1 in the PM and it was worthless. I was on Dexedrine tablets and Spansules and those were nice. I get the Barr Adderall 30 mg XR generic that shire makes and puts different writing... I am wanting it less and less now. I get sick of it sometimes. They used to give me a lot more than they do now.

You, Sir, are a moron.* I would suggest doing even a tiny bit of reading before you make such emphatic statements. If you're going to tell everyone that something commonly accepted as fact is actually false, you would be well advised to double check your work. Re-read that article. I have the full copy, but you can find everything you need in the abstract.

It says that lisdexamfetamine is metabolized to dexamp by an aminopeptidase in the red blood cell cytosol. Did you bother to look up the word peptidase? Since it has the -ase suffix, you know it is a type of enzyme, and the peptid part... hmm, sounds like peptide... Oh yes, peptidase, enzymes which cleave peptide bonds. You should look up examples of that type of enzyme. I'll wait a second while you do so.

Done now? Okay, good. Now don't you feel stupid, or what? Yeah, trypsin is a common peptidase. It is perfectly capable of cleaving that bond in the lisdexamfetamine molecule to release plain dexamphetamine.

Moreover, that study doesn't say that LDA isn't metabolized to DA in the gut, it just shows that LDX is metabolized at least to some extent by red blood cells. It looks specifically at how red blood cells metabolize LDA in vitro, it doesn't address how the drug is actually metabolized in vivo. The idea that red blood cells actually do the conversion would suggest that injecting the drug would make it work significantly faster- bypassing long route it had to go through the stomach, small intestine, active transport by amino acid transporters, and more before finally hitting the blood. That may be true, actually, I'm not completely sure, one small study found peak plasma concentrations of dexamphetamine to occur at 2.58hr after IV admin, while much larger studies find about 3 to 3.5hr for oral admin (with wide variability). Because of the wide individual variance, I don't know how much effect you can read into the seemingly faster time to peak plasma from such a small sample size. Too much noise going on to ascribe the difference to any one cause.

*I wanted to say idiot, but that suggests you're incapable of intelligence, and I don't think that's the case. I think of a moron as one who is capable of beneficial change.

Hahaha. Thanks for the comment, bud. If you read the article again you'll find out that the tests with isolated aminopeptidase enzymes that specifically cleave lysine and prefer to cleave lysine on carboxyl groups resulted in NO NOTICABLE DEXTROAMPHETAMINE when put in solution with lisdexamfetamine. The only significant conversion of LDX to dextroamphetamine was with blood related samples. Not including plasma.

It's really funny how you jump to the conclusion that I'm a moron because they say LDX is converted by a peptidase, BUT they actually did a test with TRYPSIN and OTHER AMINOPEPTIDASE. You would have known that if YOU READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. Turns out that you're the moron. You have got a lot to say for someone who DIDN'T EVEN READ THE ARTICLE. Delight me with some more uneducated opinions. I would love to hear them.

Assay for LDX hydrolysis by
aminopeptidase B
Treatment of LDX with a commercial preparation of aminopeptidase
B did not result in detectable d-amphetamine
release from LDX, despite linear, bestatin-sensitive production
of β-naphthylamide from a lysine-2-naphthylamine
reporter substrate

Previous studies have ruled out several classes of enzyme
as being responsible for the hydrolysis of LDX. Incubation
of LDX with dipeptidyl peptidase IV, cathepsin G,
elastase, and trypsin, or in simulated gastric or intestinal
fluid, all failed to elicit significant loss of LDX or generation
of d-amphetamine.

It's surprising you were able to pull such a long insulting speech out of your ass only knowing a sliver of information on the studies of LDX and the conversion to Dextroamphetamine. By the way if you look it up on any reliable source how lisdex is converted they will say it is broken down to dextroamp in the blood. Lisdex doesn't even need to go through the stomach, GI or liver. The reason why there is a small difference between IV and oral is that lisdex is inactive AND is too large to pass the BBB, but dexamp is. Lisdex is converted at a set rate determined by the enzymes in the blood. It usually will take 4 hours for full conversion. Dexamp on the otherhand causes such pleasurable effects because it readily passes the BBB to the brain's DPT and serotonin transporters. Lisdex is unable to do this because it is limited by the speed of enzymes converting it to dexamp. LISDEXAMFETAMINE is an inactive chemical. Its all about the blood, buddy. Try majoring in biochemistry and report back to me on your conclusion.

I'm still confused why you still think you're right. How do you think blood cells are doing this conversion? They contain enzymes which do the physical conversion. Perhaps trypsin itself doesn't (I still can't find any reason why it wouldn't, and I haven't read the studies it cites, but it's possible there's some reason it can't), but enzymes are doing the work, be they in the gut or the blood cells. I don't dispute the location, I dispute your claim that enzymes aren't responsible.

Lisdex is converted at a set rate determined by the enzymes in the blood.
I am aware that LDX is converted by enzymes. I'm simply trying to prove the point that the enzymes are in the blood and they are not enzymes previously believed to convert LDX to Dexamp.

I'm mostly curious at this point if it is a combination of enzymes in the blood that convert LDX possibly from variables caused when those enzymes are placed together. Just a thought.