Pink Floyd vs Led Zeppelin

Which one?

• Total voters
the floyd are there for when im in a philosophical/psychedelic mind state. Led Zep are there for a rockin' good time.

Historically, Zep have had more mainstream influence, although both have certainly been very influential to a lot of bands.

From a pure musical skill standpoint, Zep wins, no argument - not that floyd members weren't skilled, just that you can't top the four virtuosos in zep. Creatively, well, both were pretty fucking genius.

pink floyd makes me trip so hard. i would definitely have to go with them.

My god the might zep have taken a pounding. You Floydians, all realise you are all wrong though, don't you?

Jamshyd said:
Pink Floyd.

If for nothing else, then because they're slightly less unattractive than zeppelin in the pics you posted ;)

Syd is hotter than all of them put together %)

rock out vs chill out IMO though both equals in my eyes... but led zeppelin does have a rep of ripping people off. check out here http://youtube.com/watch?v=BfKgl_cRd-E which sounds so close to Stairway its rediculous and they opened for this band a couple of years before the 4 album. Never the less page and the gang are very talented.

Floyd- since you made me choose one; but really, it's apples vs oranges. But Zeppelin had some seriously badass tunes- my faves are "Since I've Been Lovin' You" and "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You". Awesome tunes....

What the hell? How is Led Zeppelin losing? Yeah, they ripped off lots of musicians, but it's funny, no one seemed to care when Cream, Hendrix, or Beck was doing it, but when Zeppelin did it, everyone slagged them. Pink Floyd had some great albums in the 70s and some decent ones in the 60s, but few were really consistent enough I found to stop me from hitting stop and doing something else. But the real factor that makes Zep the better band is live performances... in their prime 69-71, Zeppeling couldn't be matched by any other hard rock band. Unfortunately not a lot of tapes of this era exist. The Song Remains the Same is alright, but still not their best. But it's still better than anything Pnk Floyd released on video.

take out The Wall and Dark Side and I only know a few good songs here and there....

Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, John Bonham all legends at their "position"

Can't name anyone in Floyd other than Waters and Gilmore.

Gotta go with the mighty ZEP!!

The fact that you can't name any songs after you subtract Floyd's two most OVERRATED albums means that you're just a big Zep fan. Don't try to imagine that Piper, or Meddle, or Interstellar Overdrive aren't great records.

Floyd wins, hands-down.

The later Floyd stuff was most awesome, though when Gilmour and Waters had their falling out, things got a little shaky...Final Cut(Waters)is ultimately the best work of Floyd, Momentary Lapse(Gilmour)is genius as well, Division Bell(the 'reunion')is quite a conflicted album, but great to end on.

Earlier works of Floyd have, IMO, been tainted by too much airplay because Floyd does not belong with other rock bands, just as they don't belong matched against Led Zeppelin. Lyrically, musically, and creatively Floyd outdistances Zeppelin by light-years. Example:

Floyd: "The sun is in the east, even though the day is done. Two suns in the sunset could mean the human race has run."

Zeppelin: "In the darkest depths of mordor, I met a girl so fair...But gollum, the evil one, crept up and swept away with her."

This is equivalent to Mike Tyson vs. Michael jackson...Boxing, not singing.

kultron said:
What the hell? How is Led Zeppelin losing? Yeah, they ripped off lots of musicians, but it's funny, no one seemed to care when Cream, Hendrix, or Beck was doing it, but when Zeppelin did it, everyone slagged them. Pink Floyd had some great albums in the 70s and some decent ones in the 60s, but few were really consistent enough I found to stop me from hitting stop and doing something else. But the real factor that makes Zep the better band is live performances... in their prime 69-71, Zeppeling couldn't be matched by any other hard rock band. Unfortunately not a lot of tapes of this era exist. The Song Remains the Same is alright, but still not their best. But it's still better than anything Pnk Floyd released on video.

Its because this poll is fuckin POINTLESS. I dont see ANY simmilarities (spelled wrong dont give a fuck) between the two band that would warrant comparing them in such a fashion. Their music is NOTHING alike, 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT genres. I dont know what the person who started this was smoking but.....

PINK FLOYD!! Great chilling out music.. All though Zeppelin is good for driving.

Pander Bear said:
The fact that you can't name any songs after you subtract Floyd's two most OVERRATED albums means that you're just a big Zep fan. Don't try to imagine that Piper, or Meddle, or Interstellar Overdrive aren't great records.

Interstellar Overdrive was on piper... ;)

I am not sure which I enjoy more. Led Zeppelin 3 is amazing... Animals is equally amazing..

Pink Floyd.

Zeppelin doesn't even remotely compare to Pink Floyd for me. Zeppelin's alright, nothing against them, they just haven't ever touched me deeply the way PF has.. their music has a place in my heart and in the story of my life that words cannot even describe.

Pink Floyd <3