• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Worst Psychedelics thread

^ Brace yourself for something akin to "purging out of all orifices" as FnB describes 5-MeO-AMT.

This is one substance I vehemently avoided on descriptions like these despite being offered it for free.

violent shitting followed by projectile vomiting and then some of both at the same time.. wooo look at the visuals!!

hell no, ty

My own (single, will not repeat, ever) 5-MeO-AMT experience involved a skull-cracking migraine-like headache, vomiting... lots of vomiting, over and over and over until I ran out of fluid. Then I dry heaved for a long time. drank water. started puking fluid again. This sucks a lot when you are tripping and time has seemed to pass at a slowed rate.

Then the diarrhea set in.

Eventually it was easier to just sit in the shower with the water running, rather than keep wiping vomit off of me. The puke smell would make me start heaving again.

I did get some swirly visuals though. heh.

My 5-MeO-AMT experiences were not as horrible as some have described.. I have done it I believe 5 times, years ago. I will not repeat because I found it to be a dirty and strange substance which I always wanted to end after a bit. The come-up is long and horrendous... it caused me great anxiety and often a tension headache, and a very weird and unpleasant bodyload. Unlike most psychedelics, the body load never went away, although it got more bearable as the duration of the drug wore on. The only times I had fun on it were when I drank along with it... it allowed me to drink quite a bit (unlike AMT which I foundf to mix badly with alcohol) and it loosened up the state and made it more sociable. It also lasts a very long time, so you're in for an uncomfortable day or so. I never threw up on it, but I did have some diahhrea and other intestinal upsets.

Basically, it was just a very sub-par psychedelic for me, with no particularly redeeming qualities. Other things - almost anything - can do it better. And besides it wasn't even a psychedelic state, really... just a strange altered one.

I fucking hate AMT, does it come on blotters?

I think I took it, got horrible vasco-contstriction. Though my body was being harmed by the drug's effects, my pores were all tightened, my muscles tightened.

The visuals were so minor and stuff would only "shift" when I started directly at it.

^^ Do you mean AMT or 5-MeO-AMT? Because they're very, very different drugs. 5-MeO-AMT caused some vasoconstriction, whereas AMT, for me at least, seemed to enlarge my veins and get the blood flowing strongly.

5-MeO-AMT does come on blotters and seems to be a relatively common adulterant. AMT could not even come close to fitting on blotters.

I always laugh at people who have never tripped claim they would do shrooms in a heartbeat, but when offered ketamine, lsd, mescaline, dmt, etc- they cringe and ramble off some inaccurate facts from scare tactics. I always try to tell people shrooms are the least forgiving psychedelic for me and encourage other avenues.

Agreed. I have friends who are completely up for doing mushrooms, but they give me weird looks when I suggest they try LSD. While I do like mushrooms, I find them harder to cope with than LSD.

since this is a "worst psychedelic... you've done" kind of thing..

I nominate 4-aco-mipt. Which produced a short-lived, highly dysphoric, mild-mushroomesque trip

How about 5-MEO-DET? I happen to have it laying around but I hear so much negative things about it that I am not eager to try it anytime soon.

IAmJacksUserName said:
Agreed. I have friends who are completely up for doing mushrooms, but they give me weird looks when I suggest they try LSD. While I do like mushrooms, I find them harder to cope with than LSD.
yeah, same! people seem to think that because mushrooms are "natural", they're more mild somehow... i find quite the opposite to be true.

feelgoodhit said:
yeah, same! people seem to think that because mushrooms are "natural", they're more mild somehow... i find quite the opposite to be true.

agreed...

mushrooms have been my worst / darkest / happiest / strongest / best trips. Acid, on the other hand, I find is fairly consistent. Same with 2c-e, 2ct2, and 2cd. 5meomipt reminds me of shrooms in the unpredictable sort of way.

Pimp Lazy said:
Oh and the MDA thing made me ask in particular about the bipolar thing. MDMA/MDA make me have suicidal comedowns many times, but not suicidal experiences while on the drug.
Oh yes, to be sure - I don't get suicidal during the effects, it is during the crash.

Mind you, although MDMA (even powder) gives a horrendous crash, it never gets to the point of tears, desparation and suicidal planning that MDA brought me.

man, sounds like ALL mdxx compounds have weird side effects. i'll still try mda once if given the chance though.

feelgoodhit:
I tried MDMA my first time a few days ago and did not experience any significant comedown. My mind was a bit dull the following day, but sleep deprivation was probably a bigger culprit than the MDMA. I only slept about 3.5 hours that night. My mood was just fine, although it varied more than usual. Normally it is at a fairly constant mild-moderate depression.

If you include MDPV as one of those mdxx compounds, I know of no unusual side effects from that. It is different from the others, similar to ritalin.

Last edited:
I never get a bad comedown off of MDxx substances, unless it's a pill that has been cut with Meth. I dont even get depressed or anything the day after.... is that weird?

No, your normal^^ The others who experience bad comedowns from mdxx are doing something wrong.

That would seem to go against all anecdotal data from MDMA users since its use in humans began.

... unless you are being sarcastic.

I mean, its pretty obvious that it tends to cause some rough times for people. Perhaps not every time, or to the same degree, but it is a widely known side effect of the drug.

fizzacyst said:
That would seem to go against all anecdotal data from MDMA users since its use in humans began.

... unless you are being sarcastic.

I mean, its pretty obvious that it tends to cause some rough times for people. Perhaps not every time, or to the same degree, but it is a widely known side effect of the drug.

No, I was not sarcastic. When mdma is properly used you will barely have a comedown. That's my opinion.

Aeon Psyche said:
No, I was not sarcastic. When mdma is properly used you will barely have a comedown. That's my opinion.

He's right, so long as you have clean MDMA, and don't take more than, what 125mg?, you should feel better about life than when you started, a la good trip style.

Hell, I hit a +4 off half a pill once, people just tend to multidrop and over do it
(Myself not excluded of course, cuz i r t3h smartness like that =\ )