• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

Or start a ministry of sandwiches or something.

I think women have a place in politics, but that place is as far away from the nuclear war button as possible.

Imagine if her Merkel show up for negotiations wearing the same thing ?
We'd be digging trenches by the end of the week

Or start a ministry of sandwiches or something.

I think women have a place in politics, but that place is as far away from the nuclear war button as possible.

Imagine if her Merkel show up for negotiations wearing the same thing ?
We'd be digging trenches by the end of the week

Throw Hilary Clinton into the mix and we'll all be brexiting to fuckin Russia...

"I did not have sex with that woman"-and you believed that?

Of course not. I'm just saying I deffo would have..

Edit: before anyone moans about off topic posts - well, we're talking about lady gardens....

Last edited:
Anyone on here grow cactus? Ive been collecting over the past few years and its became quite a nice hobby. Heres hoping they dont ban the growing of psychoative cacti (not that I would even want to eat mine as they are so beautiful!)

Yup. Got a few peyote, San Pedro and a couple of bridgessii and a very sickly looking torch.

I fully intend to eat them one day. It's part of my retirement plan.

Btw. They contain a psychoactive chemical and are not primarily used as food. If I've understood the law correctly they are now illegal

Yup. Got a few peyote, San Pedro and a couple of bridgessii and a very sickly looking torch.

I fully intend to eat them one day. It's part of my retirement plan.

Btw. They contain a psychoactive chemical and are not primarily used as food. If I've understood the law correctly they are now illegal

Well mescaline has been illegal for a long time so they are not covered by the PSA, but I think you're okay growing the cacti, as long as you don't prepare them for consumption (as if ;) )

I'm bastard sick of this weather - seems like it hasn't stopped raining for about two months now and my plants have hardly seen the sun since they were seedlings. Things had better buck up soon as I want some SERIOUS resin production...

Last edited:
Yeah ive got a huge juuls giant trichocereus, a nice big blue bridgessi, about 4 decent sized pachanois and about 10 or so san pedros that are seed grown and a few years old. I also had quite a few peyote seedlings id grown from seed but they all got killed by mites or rot. Luckily I have 2 adult peyote, one of which i might graft onto some san pedro to turn it into a monster with multiple pups.

Cant decide if I should take cutting from my biggest cacti to root and keep them going or to wait untill next summer so that il have nice big cuttings to share with friends and keep the mother plants to produce multiple pups. So many options :D 8(

All my seeds eventually rot. Ive germinated about 200 over the years and have nothing to show for it.

I can get them to germinate if I sew them when temperatures hit 20 but I think it's the winter that kills them.
I have had some dry out and have over watered others.

Feel a bit discouraged to try again tbh.

I have a minor scale infestation. Very minor, I have just been squishing them when I see them but think eventually I will need to do something more.

Any thoughts or experience with scale ?

Do your bridgessii grow really slowly?

Compared to my San Pedro they are very slow. I wonder if they have different needs or if it's just a trait.

I took a cutting from my largest San Pedro but regret it now tbh. If I hadn't it would be a monster by now. It is now a mother plant which is good I suppose but it's not very pleasing on the eye.

Edit

I fucking love my cacti btw.

Gives you perspective, if you see what I mean, growing something that will take years to mature.

It's a very stoner hobby. When other plants need repotting they need repotting now. With cacti you can think "naah fuck it. I'll do it next year"

I like playing them music too. By the time I eat them they will have absorbed years of bass. I'm convinced they will release those good vibes when I trip. It's the only hippy nonsense I allow myself to believe.

Last edited:
Yeah growing cacti from seed takes patience and care and can be very frustrating when they all die after years of looking after them, thats why I mainly stick to buying adult cacti.

With scale if you mean they are getting eaten by mites or whatever id recommend buying some neem oil. Mix a teaspoon of it in a litre of warm water with a really small drop of fairy liquid or dish soap so the oil emulsifies into the solution and spray that on your cacti every 3 days or so for a few weeks. That should kill any nasty critters and their eggs which they can reproduce fast as fuck. That method worked for me in the past but I wasnt as vigalent this year and sadly lost a good few beautiful little peyotes. My oldest san pedro seedling got really scarred at the same time but I used the above method and now I can see some new growth and signs that its bouncing back to life.

I only got my bridgessi a couple of months ago as a 40cm or so rooted plant. Ive repotted it and its now got at least 2 inches of fresh growth. As its a new cacti to me im not sure on how fast it grows or what conditions it might prefer but it seems to be doing well in the same conditions my other san pedros are in.

I bought a juuls giant that was about 30cm when I got it as an unrooted cutting and since it rooted in early spring its grown about 10cm! Its an absolute beast at about 4 - 5 inches wide. It does seem a lot faster growing than my bridgessi but the juuls is much fatter so is probably able to get more energy from the sun with the larger surface area.

I read somewhere that most trichocereus cacti like pachanoi, peruvianus and bridgessi can grow half their height in a growing season from early spring to early autumn. From my experince I would say that could well be true.

Looks tasty.

Doesn't it just?

Our summer has turned out to be a fuckin washout - but apparently the sun is going to get his hat on (hip hip hip hooray) later this month so I'm going to get 3 more seeds when I get paid at the end of July for phase 4 which should be ready about mid October...

Anyone think theres still time to plant out a field of poppies? got a nice big pot full of seed and I want the plants ready for working with later this year if possible. Poppy alkaloid-mix, minus codeine, or most of it at least, going by the histamine release from the product, is nice enough on its own, but the dipropionylmorphine that comes from cleaned up 'kompot' beats the bejeezis out of anything that comes from a pharmacy, with or without such alterations.

Going from the pharmacology of the natural opium alkaloids my guess is that the thebaine is the responsible portion, something at least makes opium, be it as tea, or as shiny, de-codeine-ized white crystals really zippy, perky zingy, peppy stuff, stimulating in a very different way to opioidergic (at least via MORs, I've never tried a selective delta agonist, although if I do, great care is needed, for some, but not all DOR agonists are convulsants at higher doses. Presumably has to do with subtype selectivity for DOR1 or DOR2) Mitragynine pseudindoxyl is meant to be a DOR agonist (subtype selectivity if any unknown to me), and kratom is certainly stimulating. But thebaine (and MAYBE oripavine although I'm uncertain as to that one way or the other) is an antagonist at strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors (not to be confused with the glycine binding site on NMDA receptors, which are completely different and totally insensitive to strychnine, brucine or thebaine), thebaine's targets, like that of strychnine/brucine are glycine receptors located mainly at the spinal level and mediating tonic inhibition.

For those who like gardening and growing psychoactive plants, one I recommend are yopo trees, Anadenanthera (IIRC A.peregrina produces more alkaloids within the pods, although its less available as seed than is A.colubrina.
Quite fast growing, lovely looking little treess when they are young, quite fine, compound pinnate type leaves, with lots of smaller leaflets arranged axial to a central spine twigs. One should nick the seedcoats or dissect them off with care using a sharp surgical scalpel and then place the seeds, denuded of their testae upon pads of kitchen roll or bog roll (DON'T use it beforehand, don't be a cheapskate, fresh roll should be used, which has never been on that most terminal of journeys, betwixt hand, rancid just-beshatten chocolate starfish and bog hole:p) soaked in water that has just been boiled in order to kill any microorganisms present. Leave it to cool first obviously.

Question-anyone got any experience with khat, specifically growing it from seed. Got a fair few seeds and would love me a nice khat bush hedge round the front garden=D

Also, anyone know how to get belladonna (Atropa belladonna, otherwise known by the name deadly nightshade) growing from seed? as IIRC the seeds contain a germination inhibitor of some kind, and I have a quantity of the normal, purple seeds, harvested from a handful of ripe berries plucked off of a fruiting deadly nightshade bush I saw once growing by a canal towpath. And got something a little more special too, a rarer blonde (whitish-cream to pale yellow flowers) color morph mutant. But I've never managed to get the seeds of either to grow, bloody well difficult as hell.

Anyone grown belladonna before, have any tips for germinating the seed?

Last edited: