• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drug Culture Video/Documentary Thread

CNBC - Marijuana Inc: Inside America's Pot Industry

Wow I'm about half way through this show right now, and I recommend trying to find it online to watch sometime.

I seriously am considering putting a business plan together to move to "Emerald Triangle" where all the grow houses are and that no body bothers to deal with. Other than the fires and the waste left behind from a grow, the cops really have nothing else to say. And since an estimated 60% of the population in this area of Cali is included in the Marijuana drug growing/trading, even law enforcement. So if the laws were to change the economy would be ruined basically (as they told me in the show). Not to mention you can go to Oakland AKA Oaksterdam in Cali and open up a dispensary... God I feel like this is my calling haha, something I love to do, and they even have a Oaksterdam University teaching people for $250 a weekend how to grow plants... it's nuts. Sorry if you guys knew this all already but just seeing all this, I mean I knew it was going on, but on this news channel makes me want to go and get some business going! *edit: legally, ha

-dp

I know this is an old topic, but for anyone who watched the black tar heroin: dark end of the street documentary and was wondering whatever happened to the kids in the film, I just watched an update which was released in 2004. Jake, the gay kid with AIDS who was turning tricks, overdosed and is deceased. Jessica, the young punk chick who turned to hooking and had AIDS went missing for a number of months and then word came that she was found dead of an overdose. Oreo, the one half black half white guy who rode around on the skateboard is missing and no one knows where he is. His girlfriend who was shown in the documentary died of an overdose. Alice, the girl who moved back to Washington has been clean for some time now and the other girl Tracy got clean and went to school to become a drug and alcohol counselor. Her boyfriend who was shown in the documentary, the abusive guy who was shooting up in his neck, also died of an overdose. The update was made in 2004. I know this is an old topic, but it seems a lot of people watched the documentary and were pretty affected by it so I thought I'd share the update with everyone. Good documentary and follow up for anyone thinking of trying heroin.

Last edited:
I know this is an old topic, but for anyone who watched the black tar heroin: dark end of the street documentary and was wondering whatever happened to the kids in the film, I just watched an update which was released in 2004. Jake, the gay kid with AIDS who was turning tricks, overdosed and is deceased. Jessica, the young punk chick who turned to hooking and had AIDS went missing for a number of months and then word came that she was found dead of an overdose. Oreo, the one half black half white guy who rode around on the skateboard is missing and no one knows where he is. His girlfriend who was shown in the documentary died of an overdose. Alice, the girl who moved back to Washington has been clean for some time now and the other girl Tracy got clean and went to school to become a drug and alcohol counselor. Her boyfriend who was shown in the documentary, the abusive guy who was shooting up in his neck, also died of an overdose. The update was made in 2004. I know this is an old topic, but it seems a lot of people watched the documentary and were pretty affected by it so I thought I'd share the update with everyone. Good documentary and follow up for anyone thinking of trying heroin.

Thanks for the update man!I have wondered what happened to those kids!I figured that Jake and Jessica were probally dead.They were the worst out of all of them IMO.Wonder what happened to Oreo.He probally got kidnapped and killed or something...maybe went to prison.I'm shocked Tracy became a drug and alcohol counselor!Good for her!:)And I'm glad Alice got better too!She was such a pretty and talented artist!:)

^^^ I actually heard from somewhere or someone (can't recall how I heard at the moment) that Tracy was on Oprah awhile back talking about some recovery program which she had gone through. But yeah, it was a very good follow up. The follow up is actually narrated by Tracy.

Can anyone find a link to the full video of Black Tar Heroin: Dark End of the Street documentary? I found half of it on LiveLeak, but I can't find a version that loads anywhere else.

^^^ Didn't someone say it was on google video or youtube or something? I know you can dl the torrent and watch it like that.

^HH, do you have a link for this follow-up? I saw the doc already but would love to watch the follow-up.

Actually I saw the follow up at a buddies house of mine who bought it from a small independent video store around here. I tried finding the follow up online to post a link but its no where to be found. According to my friend, the guy at the video store told him that when he ordered the original documentary dark end of the street online, the follow up was included.

lol man.. i remember seeing this one trippy ass dare video with that cracked out fucking rabbit and all these talking needles.. totally made me wanna try smack and cid.

DJ AM's "Gone Too Far"

So what did everyone think of this new show on MTV?

I caught it this morning and was sure I would find a discussion about it on here being that it premiered Monday night....couldn't find any post other than ones about his death when it happened.

in any case, i never knew anything about him and didn't give his death all that much thought until i saw the show. i "enjoyed" watching despite the irritating similarity to the style of Intervention (the show) but found it extremely uncanny when he told the addict girl that "i promise you that its possible to stay clean, i know" or something like that. i was wondering if the exposure to the addicts and the making of the show may have led to or at least had some part in causing his relapse.

so aside from your personal opinions of DJ AM himself, what did everyone think? i'm just curious.....

my apologies if i am way late and this was discussed already or is of no interest to anyone

Last edited:
I actually hadnt heard about that until just reading it now. (just shows you how much i watch MTV lol)

I think ill go hunt it down and review it once ive seen it.

Thank you for the heads up!

My favorite by far are the "above the influence" ads where the kids at the drive-thru run over the girl riding the bike. And the one where the kid shoots his friend (or himself? I don't remember) because they were stoned. Not to mention the whole idea of "hey you need to be above the influence...and under the influence of our anti-drug propaganda" is ridiculous.

Lemme try to dig up those links, damn I couldn't find them but are some funny ones:
Wanna do a line?
It's a fact because I say so
I'm pissed I can't find the older above the influence ones I mentioned above, those two had to be the best....I don't know about you, but when I smoke weed I love to play with guns, shoot my buddies and run over little girls with my car. I mean who doesn't?

edit: for a good youtube pro-drug show watch "Penn and Teller's bullshit war on drugs"
Another good one

Last edited: