• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

NSFW:
kdjrpt.jpg

3dEric.com

maybe this isnt a rabbit, & could not be such a sensation -
all the same either way, it lives in imagination.

Last edited:
2011-11-26151818.jpg

This is from a collection of 6 reproductions. I am into asian art for the serenity that is evoked by capturing natural beauty. This image holds a meaning for me today because of the orange flower. I am in an orange mood. Hope others appreciate this image also.
<KZ>

These are two peices of japanese art that belong to my Grandmother who has an extensive collection of japanese art.

This one is a classical japanese china statue of a Geisha.

IMG_0092.JPG

This one is a very expressive painting of a classical japanese setting. Its oils on canvas.

IMG_0105.JPG

I have been in love with both since i can remember and have alot of great memories tied to them, like the time i knocked over the Geisha when i was seven, and was so scared to tell my grandma. But my aunt took me to the art store and we baught glue and china paint and i helped fixed it and made my grandmother very happy.

My grandmother has already told me that when she passes away, these two items are for me right off the bat. But tbh these are just two peices of art out of hundreds of things my grandmother has collected.

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful ^ ! Thank you for sharing these !

2011-11-28022801.jpg

These are watercolor and real feather of the bird represented, salvaged from a Japanese book on bird identification.
The photo does no justice for the detail, but wanted to share one of my favorite pieces on my living room wall. The birds always remind me to stretch my own wings.
<KZ>

Last edited:
4ut7ie.jpg
[/IMG]
Statue of Isis by Auguste Puttemans (1866-1927). The statue was given to Herbert Hoover by the people of Belgium in 1922; it is currently located at the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch, Iowa.
WikiP.

35mqrd1.jpg

~~
uvk40.jpg

~
2ekt6dd.jpg

Anna Tomczak

it is the captured weaver & the only believer in
your dreams.

Last edited:
il_570xN283858945.jpg

Hand drawn and painted mandela by Adriane Enns. This young lady has talent, and skill. This piece gives me a feeling of bright happiness, and vibrant energy.
<KZ>

Can't believe I've never seen this thread before, a lot of really cool stuff in here, been browsing for at least 30 minutes or so

1323462527700.jpg