• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

awww awesome I LOVE Boris Vallejo's works -

EDIT: and Care - I KNEW I recognized Alexiuss!!

Last edited:
Goodness, I'd have a hard time sitting there with people ogling at me if I were one of her pieces!

Awesome find, MP :)

Marcel Duchamp - Nude Descending a Staircase (No.2):

duchamp2a.jpg

Pieter De Hooch - A Woman peeling apples:

494pxpieterdehoochawoma.png

Roberto Matta - Here Sir Fire Eat (1942):

mattaheresirfireeat1942.jpg

^^ I know this thread isn't about critiquing the pieces that people post, and more to the point about 99.9% of the pictures posted in this thread I absolutely love.

But that particular piece is awful, in my opinion. It's confusing, and frustrating, and just a big mess. If it wasn't titled as such, I would have considered it differently. But having seen the title, then the picture, it's just all wrong, in my opinion.

But hey, that's the thing about art. If one hates a particular piece and everyone else loves it, none of us are incorrect :)

Last edited:
^ I should have added the date of the painting, which is iirc, 1914. That's important to fully understand why Duchamp made this portrait, and how it places itself in the history of art.

I love Banksy's work, and his views on shit. That's why I'm digging this piece...

hmm - that's really weird. ^ kinda nice though.

That Banksy piece is pretty swish - not seen that one, nice N political, really didn't get it til you squint & read the first line.

NSFW:
20.jpg

www.monicacookart.com she is like my fav painter ever. puts her elite painting skillz to use painting twisted ish. reminds me of those crazy japanese genki-genki videos what has been seen cannot be unseen

hmm - that's really weird. ^ kinda nice though.

That Banksy piece is pretty swish - not seen that one, nice N political, really didn't get it til you squint & read the first line.

Yeah, I love his political work. Shit is amazing. And seems to be one of the few writers I've seen come out of Europe, that isn't afraid to express his views and opinions on shit. Even if he's hiding his 'face.'

NSFW:
20.jpg

www.monicacookart.com she is like my fav painter ever. puts her elite painting skillz to use painting twisted ish. reminds me of those crazy japanese genki-genki videos what has been seen cannot be unseen

as disturbing as her paintings (and drawings) seem, they are somewhat very appealing to me..
probably due to the fact that she nearly perfectly captures the detail in the human body.. at first one may mistake her paintings for photographs!
i like.

as disturbing as her paintings (and drawings) seem, they are somewhat very appealing to me..
probably due to the fact that she nearly perfectly captures the detail in the human body.. at first one may mistake her paintings for photographs!
i like.
yea its cool to trip out on photo-realistic work, especially her bizarre paintings. enlarge/zoom in on them and its like wh8oa

It's got to be Chuck Close...
Chuck_Close_1.jpg

His paintings are breathtakingly realistic...and he deserves credit just for the fact that you can barely tell them apart from photos. Maybe not too inventive, but definitely skilful.