• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr Bungle said:
I get this alot too!
im not going through withdrawls at the time but its not far off. I take my dose - also the same if i smoke a few lines also- and i get the mini withdrawls - like the start of withdrawls, before the drug takes over.
I dont know what this is, does anyone???
I know its wrong but in my head i explain it like, the last of the opaites are clinging to my recepters or what have you, and there isnt much left in my system. So i take my dose or smoke my few lines and it pushes the opiates that are left in my system away so there is nothing - or not much, i feel the chills and what have you, then the new opiates get in there and i feel ok. But there is a transition period where i go woooh! getting the chills abit here!
I now this isnt what probley happens, but i dont know what it is, so thats how i explain it to myself.
Can anyone do better,????
does anyone else experience this???

Smoke a few lines of what? coke?
Ive been on suboxone for over a year now. my dose is 6mg 3x a day. when i take below 6mg at a time, it does nothing for me. but i know many people feel better or more effects taking less, unlike me. i have tried to potentiate suboxone for a while now. benadryl works good until your body gets used to it. i also take clonidine regularly so that may potentiate it a little too, not sure though. i am now experimenting with tagamet. i have tried 400mg along with .2 mg clonidine, 50mg benadryl and 6 mg. suboxone sublingual, and didnt feel much different. tomorrow i will try the same but take 800mg tagament instead of 400mg, and maybe extra 25 mg benadryl also, because of my body's tolerance to it. but ive been on suboxone for so long now and a high dose, there might be nothing that will potentiate it. i dont know. btw, im not trying to get "high" off of it, thats impossible when u have been taking it for so long, i just look for a nod with it.

I read something interesting, its from a veterinarian website, but some if it still applies to humans. Ill quote parts of it then put a link to the whole thing at the bottom.

Buprenorphine is contraindicated in human patients receiving monamine oxidase (MOA) inhibitors (rarely used in veterinary medicine) for at least 14 days after receiving MAO inhibitors in humans. One study done in rabbits did not demonstrate any appreciable interaction, however.

I find that interesting. I know MAOI's usually potentiate the effects of other drugs, could it be possible that they would potentiate bupe in a good way, or maybe just bring out more side effects?

EDIT - im an idiot, maybe. MAOI's are what potentiate other drugs. Is this just a typo on their part, or are there such things as MOAI's?

EDIT EDIT - I googled it. It has to be a typo. I changed it so its now correct.

Local anesthetics (mepivicaine, bupivicaine) may be potentiated by concomitant use of buprenorphine.

In what way would they be potentiated? Would this also apply to cocaine?

Buprenorphine is reported to be compatible with the following IV solutions and drugs: ace*promazine, atropine, diphenhydramine, D5W, D5W & normal saline, droperidol, glycopyrrolate, hydroxyzine, lactated Ringer’s, normal saline, scopolamine, and xylazine. Buprenorphine is reportedly incompatible with diazepam and lorazepam

Jasoncrest, if youre reading this, havnt you combined diazepam or lorazepam with bupe before? What do they mean by saying they are incompatible?

Link

Last edited:
You're not supposed to take benzos with suboxone, it can be dangerous, but people do it anyways and doctors still prescribe both together. just dont shoot benzos when on suboxone or bupe, maybe thats what they meant by incompatible?

^ if that were the case, it would have been under the "contrindications" part of the page, where it tells you what drugs not to take it with due to adverse reactions, kinda like they did with MAOI's. Actually, they kind of did, they say not to take it with any CNS depressants, which would include benzodiazepines. Also, they have antihistamines under the contraindications all the while antihistamines such as hydroxyzine and diphenhydramine being listed as compatible, so it has to be something else that they mean by not compatible.

It means that you can't shoot them together in the same barrel. I'm guessing there's some sort of interaction between the drugs if they're mixed together in a solution.

That's just me speculating...

Phrozen thank you greatly. This is a good idea. Makes everything totally neater. Rather sick of seeing threads with titles all the same "bupe question" "sub ?".

THANKS!

^
I guess you could ask here. I'd probably just PM JC if you're looking for a quicker answer. Feel free to post it here afterwards though.

(I think someone created a thread about bupe+diphen. Hell, I think it might have been you?)

^ I did, but it was about something different. I guess Ill just delete the above post and repost it in that thread.

yeah

IForgett said:
^ if that were the case, it would have been under the "contrindications" part of the page, where it tells you what drugs not to take it with due to adverse reactions, kinda like they did with MAOI's. Actually, they kind of did, they say not to take it with any CNS depressants, which would include benzodiazepines. Also, they have antihistamines under the contraindications all the while antihistamines such as hydroxyzine and diphenhydramine being listed as compatible, so it has to be something else that they mean by not compatible.

Just because its not on the contraindications page doesnt mean its not true. benzos with suboxone can be very dangerous, especially if u shoot the benzos, that is why many Docs wont prescribe both at the same time. But like I said, many Docs are unaware of this or dont believe it and still prescribe both. ive had a doc that refused to and another that put me on both xanax and klonopin with suboxone.

^ oh I know what you mean, but you missunderstood, I said it technically IS under the contraindications part, listed under CNS depressents in general, I wasnt trying to say you were wrong. I found out what it means to not be compatible, it means if they are in the same syringe or IV bag, one will cause the other to precipitate out of solution.

Try taking a few fioricet, waiting about a half hour (give or take), then take 2 - 4 mg suboxone sublingually, not sure about IVing. IME, it feels pretty good and makes the suboxone's feelings (how ever good or almost non-existant good feeling suboxone may be for you) last longer. And I say 2 - 4 mg of suboxone because I have tried more with this combo and it doesnt seem to work as well, even if you are taking a lot more than 4mg of it like I am. let me know how this works for ya. When I do this, I just get this general feeling of well being that I dont get with suboxone alone, which I have been on for over a year now.

i thought snorting suboxone was highly overrated... i'd recommend taking them sublingually, as directed.

Excellent as a withdrawal aid! not good to try to get high on, unless you have no tolerance to opiates.

Mind-Melt said:
i thought snorting suboxone was highly overrated... i'd recommend taking them sublingually, as directed.

Excellent as a withdrawal aid! not good to try to get high on, unless you have no tolerance to opiates.

Agreed, I've tried snorting my suboxone and the effect seems no different from sublingual. So basically, I don't get high either way. Only advantage is not having to deal with the funky "lemon lime" flavor, but the drip isn't exactly pleasant either; neither is the orange snot.

But yeah, I've given someone (non-tolerant) half a 2mg suboxone to come down from a coke session with, and they got fucked up off it (snorted). I was pretty jealous :\

Mind-Melt said:

If you have a tolerance, then I totally disagree. Up until recently, I snorted my suboxone everyday (now I either shoot it or snort it). If you only do a little amount like 1 -3mg, it works great, and not to mention the bioavailability is higher with insuffulation. Mood lift, motivation, slight body buzz, and Im on suboxone maintenance. I have to say though, Im not trying to get high when I snorted, it was just a more effecient way to dose it. So youre right in saying its pointless to snort if youre trying to get high unless you have no tolerance, but if you want it to work better for what its supposed to do, then snorting it is better than sublingual.

eon_blue said:
Agreed, I've tried snorting my suboxone and the effect seems no different from sublingual. So basically, I don't get high either way. Only advantage is not having to deal with the funky "lemon lime" flavor, but the drip isn't exactly pleasant either; neither is the orange snot.

But yeah, I've given someone (non-tolerant) half a 2mg suboxone to come down from a coke session with, and they got fucked up off it (snorted). I was pretty jealous :\

How much did you try snorting? Snorting works better with smaller doses, like 1 - 3mg. Doses higher than 4mg really arent any better than taking it sublingually.

IForgett said:
How much did you try snorting? Snorting works better with smaller doses, like 1 - 3mg. Doses higher than 4mg really arent any better than taking it sublingually.

I snorted a 2mg pill. I take 6mg over the course of a day to hold me over.

I dunno, for some reason snorting pills never does anything for me (different story with coke, so I don't think it's my nose). Same with adderall (back when I was into said drug)...snorting it never gave me any effects. Although I used to snort oxy back in the day and that always worked...

I think when it comes to the suboxone that I'm just one of those people that can't get high off it due to tolerance. Oh well, it does what it's supposed to do nicely :\

TDogUSA said:
Smoke a few lines of what? coke?

heroin.

im not going on about gettin high like your (most of) your messages says, im just reponding to someone else on this thred who when he first takes his suboxone he gets a short period of opiate withdrawls symptoms. I do to when i first take my suboxone, then after half an hour it kicks in and i feel ok. Same thing can happen when I smoke heroin.

does anyone else???
can anyone explain this in a biological or chemistry way?? (you guys are generally really smart!)

it tends to go like this

eg.

12.00am
feeling ok, havent had any suboxone for 24hrs, i generally start to feel ill after 28hrs

12.10am
take suboxone.

12.15am feel quoosebumps, chills nothing extreme, but like mini withdrawls (opiate)

12.20am still the same. chills

12.25am still the same. chills

12.30am feel great warm and good no withdrawls, strange how i always feel ill just when i take the dose for a short while.

__.._.._.._

these times arent set in stone, sometimes if i take the dose WELL before my 24hr dose i still get the chills._._._._ start dose 19hours after the pervious suboxone dose._._._ same results.

same resluts when i smoke heroin instead (i know suboxone has Naltraxo, but it does it when im on methadone)

I seem to be the same as the other fellow can anyone explain???
please!

(for full info look at my previous posts please- if confused)

I find that when redosing my suboxone I too withdrawal for a short period of time. My theory is that the new buprenorphine and naloxone entering your system begin to knock off what was already there, because even after 24 hours (or 28 in your case) there will still be some burpenorphine attached to the receptors even if you already feel ill, and then the new doses of bupe/naloxone behin compete for the receptors, causing mild withdrawal symptoms for a very short amount of time until the bupe takes hold on the receptors.

Thats just my theory. Dont quote me on it.

thanks Iforget it, thats exactly my theory too.

does anyone not have a theory and have facts??? and can post a reply explaining it in more detail, maybe in a biological or chemistry or what have you please?? (you guys are generally clued up, very inteligent and there doesnt seem to be nothing that you lot dont know, in a factual sence.(generally speaking offcourse)

thanks again Iforgett, just curious, how much you on?
how long you been on it?
how much you start on?
what opiates were you atticted to?
how long?
do you still use?
do you like/dislike nopiates/ favourates, and general out look etc?

all the typicall questions my friend.

TDogUSA said:
i have tried to potentiate suboxone for a while now. benadryl works good until your body gets used to it. i also take clonidine regularly so that may potentiate it a little too, not sure though. i am now experimenting with tagamet.

First off, don't bother w/ cimetidine, its worthless. I used upwards of 5 g daily when on methadone maintenance and it did hardly anything- extended the high so i wasn't as sick in the morning before my next dose, but thats about it.

I wouldn't be looking for CYP inhibitors to increase the effects of bupe- i'd look for inducers. There's very little pharmacological data on one of bupe's active metabolites, norbuprenorphine, buts its supposedly a more potent mu-agonist. Unforunately, a lot of it is antagonized by buprenorphine itself.

So, using inducers would theoritically react more of the unconverted buprenorphine into norbuprenorphine. Be careful though! Start w/ small doses... norbupe is allegedly a lot more potent and causes a lot more CNS depression (it therefore must be a d- opioid agonist--unlike buprenorphine--if it causes more physical side effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.