• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Im with you and others who said weed doesnt affect them badly. I actually think its a good mix, weed and suboxone. EOJ?, it could be that your suboxone dose may be too high and when smoking it amplifies the negative aspects. I have no idea, thats just speculation.

^^ i ALWAYS smoked on EVERY opiate i've ever taken (without pot, opiates are only half as good, at best).

however i realized why i was having a bad time mixing suboxone + cannabis, and it was because i was taking too much suboxone.

i'm taking ~1mg a day of sub and smoking the greenery has caused NO problems.

when i was taking 4-6mg of sub smoking was not working out, so i lowered the dose and feel much better overall and the sub is working A LOT better and i actually am starting to like taking it every morning/night, and i can smoke pot on it, and its a great combination!!

i've been taking 1-2mg klonopin + 1mg suboxone + cannabis / daily and my body feels EXCELLENT. almost as good as a real opiate/benzo combo...

so yes, IForgett, you were 100% on the money with why the sub + pot combo wasn't working for me originally. Good call!

^ good to hear man.

About the suboxone, do you like how the lower dose is working out for you as opposed to higher doses? I love the anti-depressant aspect of low doses (1mg - 2mg) and was just curious if you get the same thing out of it.

^^ YES!!! it is stimulating/relaxing at the same time, and is a GREAT anti-depressant and anxiolytic!

smoking herb + klonopin + sub = a full body/mind calming & relaxing effect, wonderful!

i love the lower doses! taking 0.5-1.5mg a day is working out VERY well for me.

the bupe weed kpin combo has been one of my favortries lately....throw in some clonidine and its a great feeling.

^ You should really try taking less suboxone. It might make you feel better. Lie 24mgs/day or even less. I'm assuming you take spread throughout the day, and not all in one big dose. If not, try that too.

Stuttering_Stanley said:
Does clonidine kill the hot/cold flashes/sweats? I know there's a drug that does, and it is driving me nucking futs.

YES!!! clonidine is meant exactly for that (for opiate W/D) gets rid of hot flashes, cold sweats, chills, shivers, etc. and can help you sleep, but makes you feel like a 900 pound gorilla during the day (if you take a decent amount) so take it at night.

^yea clonidine is great stuff for WD. ive detoxed before with just that and some weed. it works well but if you take too much you get lightheaded and fall down.

enoughOJ, i am rx'd 16mgs a day of the suboxone and 2-3 clonidine a day. they are the .1mg pills. the kpins i get from a guy i work with who has a big rx.

ill take the bupe along with 2 pills of clonidine and like 1mg of kpin. i usually dont do much more than a mg of the kpins cause they make me forgetful and kinda out of it.

i heard that JHU bayview in bmore is doing a study on bupe and clonidine for addiction. they advertise in the local free city paper. its a good way to make some cash and get treatment or at least stay well for a month or two.

just a random question...

I have 672mgs of suboxone in 2mg and 8mg tablets (cost me nothing too - im not bragging - well I must be a bit or i wouldnt have mention the amount - im a arsehole)

anyway in the near future im planning on moving to Thailand to teach english (wots that? English i hear you laugh - with my retarded gramma and spelling - well it will be spoken classes anyway).

I keep hearing about the fact if you take a small doseage of suboxone (2mgs) its really good with depression. Is this true? as anyone experienced this? This will be good as ill be stressed to hell with the culture shock, living half way round the world and standing up and teaching for the first time - this could be a life saver.

Does anyone know the law with suboxone in Thailand? Is it illegal? Im thinking of slipping 10 8mg tablets in a bottle of vitamin tablets, but im worried that they'll got through my things find the suboxone and lock me up for years in a Thai hell prison!

Are suboxone legal all over the world?

If i get pulled up on it (they find them) will i be fucked? Will i have to take a letter with a contact number of my drug couseler or a copy of my prescription?

Is it not worth the risk?

sorry if Im asking moronic questions, but Im new to the laws on taking perscription drugs around the world, can anyone help? Its just a shame to leave so many pills behind (reckon Ill have close to 1000mgs by then - I have aload of strong liquid methadone but im not gonna risk taking that with me)

^ take the suboxone in the original prescription bottle they came in, with a copy of the prescription if you can get one and the number to the doctor that prescribed them. If you are legally prescribed them, you shouldnt have any trouble bringing them in. I am no lawyer, so you should really double check all this first. All I do know for sure is that if you try bringing the pills in in a sneaky way, that can never turn out good, legally prescribed or not.

im going to see a VERY nice bupe doc this next week. i know hes nery nice because hes a familydoc ive seen a few other times for other things. he is one of the only 3 bupe docs in my ENTIRE state and there is NO methadone clinic here.
with my situation and usage, i know that ill walk out of their with some bupe..............my question is: for the past 7 years i have been taking 4 mg klonopin daily. i cant just, drop that, nor do i want to/am able. im suposed to be on it my whole life.
ive also taken neurontin in the past and it was one of the only things that was MILDYL effetive besides narcotics, but it was only effective for a couple days then just made me gain SHIT TONS of weight WAY too fast.
my grandpa has alot of the same health issues i have and he was recently put on lyrica. he said its teh best med his doc ever gave him. thin theres any chance of being on bupe, lyrica, and kpin? this is actualy the same doc that scripted me neurontin years ago.
anything else to expect? do people often walk out of their first visit with a script? because i have 2 days of hydro and dope left. after that i am so totaly fucked i f i cant get on bupe ( i REALLY want real treatment like this, because i have been on narcotics for ten years and im FUCKING sick of it)

^ Theres a good chance you wont have to come off the kpins. Most doctors work around other prescriptions, so you should be good.

thanks buddy! i do apreciate the advise. i have never been to a bupe doc before. i jsut believe that 300 or more mg of hydrocodone/morphine/oxy plus all the dope i slam ought to be enough to get me on bupe. thanks again, this thread is WONDERFUL :)

^^ I didn't have to quit klonopin, the bupe doctor i see, first day wrote a 4-day script for 8mg suboxone, and a 7 day supply of klonopin (#21, 1mg) 3mg a day BUT during my second visit (four days later) he told me i had to lower my klonopin dose to 2mg a day, which i was fine with (benzo addiction IMO is worse than heroin addiction). but if he tries to lower it anymore than 2mg a day i'm going to see another shrink to get 2mg klonopin/day prescription. (been addicted to it for 3 years, all legally prescribed tho)

also on gabapentin for the past year doses ranged from 100mg in the beginning and up to 2,400mg / day (was on lyrica but hated it)

medicine cabinet - i know what you mean about taking too much suboxone and getting dizzy / falling down, first day i took way too much and was having pinpoint pupils and trouble walking and felt HORRIBLE. but i got the dose right and now everything is perfect, its a GREAT anti-depressant at low doses.

i have a question:

What reasons would make sense (legit reasons) why one wouldn't want to continue taking suboxone and would like to switch to subutex?

I do NOT plan on IV'ing it, i stopped shooting up 3 or 4 months ago and do not plan on returning to that, i just would like pure buprenorphine. I do get headaches from the suboxone fairly regularly (which the doc said would pass) but it hasn't. I'd say out of 5 days, i get headaches 2-3 of the days and need to take 500-1500mg APAP + 220-440mg Naproxen + cannabis and the headache is still kinda there but much less annoying.

I've heard people who complain about the shitty taste of suboxone get switched to subutex (which i'm assuming has a much different flavor).

Any other reasons to switch? My doctor knows i used to shoot coke, speed, oxycodone IR, oxycontin, and dexmethylphenidate so i highly doubt he would trust me enough to give me Subutex, but the headaches are truly annoying and i honestly do not plan on shooting up (no reason to lie about that on BL)

So headaches, bad taste...any other reasons subutex would be better than suboxone?

IForgett said:
^ take the suboxone in the original prescription bottle they came in, with a copy of the prescription if you can get one and the number to the doctor that prescribed them. If you are legally prescribed them, you shouldnt have any trouble bringing them in. I am no lawyer, so you should really double check all this first. All I do know for sure is that if you try bringing the pills in in a sneaky way, that can never turn out good, legally prescribed or not.

thanks for that Iforget

on the off chance has anyone done this???

oh yeah, just another boaring question if anyone can be bothered...

... Just curious, how exactly does suboxone get into the body? (biologically)

someone previously posted that they keep the disolved suboxone (with their spit) in their mouth for up to one hour! (I dont have time to do this) My drug worker says that you can swallow it once its disolved, and you can even have a drink after this too... So, as suboxone takes up to two hours to get absorbed into the blood stream then there must be alot of absorption in the stomach, yes? no? surely the molicules carnt 'hang' about getting absorbed in the mouth and on the throat lining -for up to- two hours (ex-specially after getting washed down with water).

Just a bullshit random question as (im sure you guys have experience this too) as I have been told (by drug workers etc) all the scare storeys i.e - You must let it be absorbed in the mouth. If you dont it will not work! If you swallow it you must come back and tell us as it wont work!

there no conceret guidlines and explanations.

Is this just done (untrustingly) to stop people from fucking around - snorting - injecting etc?

When disolving in the mouth dose it cross the blood barrier? or does it combine with the saliva to create a kind of 'new' property (compound) so it can get absorbed in the stomach lining?

does it go straight into the blood-stream from the mouth but takes up to two hours to 'build' up and take effect? (in the blood- or on the recepters)- (as you can tell I dont know what the hell im talking about.)

supose it doesnt realy matter and i suppose im just being anal about all this, but the more people know the complete in's and out's (truths) of all this madness, then surely its a good thing?

Last edited:
sorry to double post..

Question by EOJ:
So headaches, bad taste...any other reasons subutex would be better than suboxone?[/QUOTE]

My two cents:

people who take subutex, tend to be people who are NOT quite prepared to give up heroin (opiates) and still want to use, but dont want to take suboxone as they think its more of a blocker and therefore more hassel.

same reason (me included- in the past) why people use methadone (sometimes) as its eazier to use heroin when on methadone and back on to methadone when you've been using heroin.

Plus Suboxone (in alot of places) is still quite new and people are still learning.

I know this hasnt answered the question off why subutex is 'BETTER' than suboxone... but what ive wrote (retardedly) above is mine and alot of my friends out-look regarding Subutex and Suboxone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.