Votes: 1 2.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
It looks good. I like the Stephen Hawking voice that goes "I am Iron Maaaan". Gives me a boner. I hope Joey Lawrence from the hit TV show Blossom is in it. That guy is ready for a comeback.

Just got home from seeing this at an advance screening tonight. It was FUCKING AMAZING.

NSFW:
Robert Downey, Jr. is spot-on perfect to play Tony Stark. The fact that he is a diehard Iron Man fan irl only helps. The Iron Man suits were fantastic and the movie showed just the right amount of backstory and the learning curve. My biggest rave though is for the special effects. In the movie Transformers, every time they showed the robots you were well aware it was cg. In Iron Man, the effects are much more well integrated and less obvious, which makes it much more appealing, at least to me.

And best of all, it's damn funny! I think that may have a lot to do with having Jon Favreau on board.

Definitely 4 stars, possibly edging towards 5. Iron Man is number 2 on my list of best comic book adaptations of all time, second only to the first Spiderman. Excellent, excellent movie.

Oh, and ps - Samuel L. Jackson and Ghostface Killah's cameos were both left out of the final film. So no Nick Fury. But Stan Lee's cameo is good!

Infernal said:
Ahhh, too bad, I always thought it would be great to see an older Bruce Cambell play Nick Fury. But Sam Jackson? No problems there.

re-reading this I just have to say that would be a good match, but only if Bruce Campbell could pull off Nick Fury's salt-and-pepper hair style well.

personally, I always thought Campbell would play a kick-ass Eddie Brock - but that dream ended with that one guy from That 70s Show =D

TheLoveBandit said:
They'll have to go Hollywood to some degree in order to get the tickets sold. I'm sorry, but the die hard comic-book carrying folks aren't a big enough audience to get the payback their after. Unless someone (probably a comic-book die hard himself) is footing the bill, the companies backing the production will want maximum return on investment...hence, FF and X-man :\

Just fyi TLB - Marvel is footing their own bill this time.

I wish I could open up your spoilers Daisybabe, but I can not bring myself to open them. however. do you mind answering a couple questions as ambiguously as possible, from me?

here's as good a place as any.

1) did they address Tony Starks alcoholism, if yes, to what extent?

2) was Samuel L Jackson in the movie (rumor has it he might have not gotten through the cut?)

3) who or what was Iron Man's major nemesis in this film? we all love bad guys - did you dig this bad guy?

axl blaze said:
here's as good a place as any.

1) did they address Tony Starks alcoholism, if yes, to what extent?

2) was Samuel L Jackson in the movie (rumor has it he might have not gotten through the cut?)

3) who or what was Iron Man's major nemesis in this film? we all love bad guys - did you dig this bad guy?

How to answer this to keep you unspoiled, hmm. I will write a tiny bit and you can let me know if you want more, that work for you? ;)

1. He was shown drinking alcohol, yes. However...

2. I don't consider this a spoiler, because earlier reviews posted online have already specifically addressed this question. So no, he is not.

3. The major nemesis is someone he knows. Again, if you want more let me know. And yes, most bad guys rock. This one was pretty good, but I liked RDJr more. Dark sarcasm always wins in my book lol.

Last edited:
you are the best and I owe you. those answers are just going to have to tide me over until I see it on Saturday.

No problem! And good for you for wanting to see it without being spoiled first. :)

Daisybabe rocks and I wish she and I could be advanced screening movie viewing best friends.

lol, Benefit, that would actually be kind of cool - most of my friends hate being dragged to see these.

Wow, all the commercials and previews I've seen for this movie look terrible. Just like all the other same type of movies, Fantastic 4, Ghostrider, Hulk, Daredevil, etc etc.

I dunno man, those movies were trash and they smelled like trash well before I even saw the previews.

Iron Man smelled like win ever since Tom Cruise got cock-blocked by Downey Jr (not to mention the same dude who directed 300 and Dawn of the Dawn remake signed on to direct).

I'm leaving it like that just for you now. god damn, the second a guy trips up you jackals are here to chew him up, aren't you?

axl blaze said:
(not to mention the same dude who directed 300 and Dawn of the Dead remake signed on to direct).

Jon Favreau directed Iron Man, not Zach Snyder.

2 mistakes in the same post! Even Helen Keller would be embarrassed for you.

lol I got Watchmen and Iron Man confused that one night, apparently.