Votes: 1 2.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
I just read a review of Iron Man -- the critic gave the movie 3 and 1/2 out of 4 stars, calling it one of the best superhero movies ever made, clearly in league with Batman Begins. I'm stoked. :)

Dammit all to hell!

...there is about a 40 second clip that follows the end credits of Iron Man featuring Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in a pow-wow with Tony Stark. The sequence was not attached to advance screenings so it has not been seen just yet and will be shown only when the film releases, starting tonight at 8 PM in select cities.

grrrr :X

^yup^

When critics saw "Iron Man" this week, it was disappointing to see that the cameo by Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Nick Fury had been dumped from the film.

Now its been revealed that the cameo IS a part of the film after all - in a post-credits scene. The final print reel of the film screened for critics did NOT include this scene, but the general release prints which have begun showing across the world contain it so keep an eye out.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080501h.php

I'll add the disclaimer that I generally hate big budget summer popcorn-crunchers.
I would not have bother watching it if it weren't for Robert Downey Jr. He's not just a great actor, but someone who's opinion I somewhat respect. Him and Ewan McGregor. They rarely agree to do total dogshit. (I would add De Niro to that list except that he did do Rocky and Bullwinkle).
Anyway, it was OK. Nothing more nothing less. Better than The Punisher and Daredevil. Not quite as good as Spiderman or X-Men series.
Downey Jr. really carried this movie on his back. People talk about his acting ability but really he has a charismatic onscreen persona that he carries with him from movie to movie.
Not that it's a bad thing. Humphrey Bogart made a career of playing the same character over and over for a couple decades. Ditto Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Steve Mcqueen, etc, etc... It can be somewhat comforting to know exactly what you're gonna get before you lay down the cash to see someone's movies. With someone like, say, harrison Ford or Tom Hanks, you're really rolling the dice...

(I shoudl note that I did not see the whole movie. I went outside to smoke a cig only to discover that I forgot where the fuck I parked (my cigs were in the car). I walked around the parking lot for 20-30 minutes looking for my fucking car... Yes, I was drunk...)

in the past couple years superhero movies have had about a 30% success rate. Favreau's Iron Man is a %100 success and it delivers on all cylinders. the casting is superb. RDJ as Tony Stark is of course perfect, Paltrow as Pepper was spot-on, and Jeff Bridges as Stane is perfect. Jeff Bridges was the bad guy! that's right, the dude. he was charming and two-faced and a snake, clearly the capitalist behind Stark Industries while Tony was the genius behind the works.

you get EVERYTHING in this movie as a fanboy. the Mandarin, the Ten Rings, and a fucking EPIC nod to War Machine from Iron Man's buddy Rhodes that made me squeal with delight.

Favreau, of Swingers fame, probably directed the best script from a comic book that I have ever witnessed. he is the best mind behind the camera for a chauvinistic and alcoholic super hero flick.

while the ending fight scene wasn't to die for, there really was NOTHING I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT in this movie. it satisfied fanboy's all across the theater. the movie received many standing ovations at the end.

and the ending was brilliant. it is pure Favreau and RDJ and most importantly, IRON MAN, at its best. the ending makes you want for this director and actor and his supporting cast to stick around and deliver the sequel.

well, I take that back. you don't want them to deliver the next sequel, you want them to deliver the whole FRANCHISE.

also, stick around for after the credits to see Samuel L. Jackson and SHIELD goodness.

4 stars!

Am I the only one who is wondering when Marvel is going to make a cross-over movie? Spiderman and Wolverine? Iron Man vs. Hulk?

the Avengers is obviously coming soon from Marvel.

and word has it in the new Hulk movie, starring Edward Norton, Iron Man makes quite a cameo.

avengers is in developement hell for now.

they're all working on iron man 2 already. it's already greenlit.

Glad you liked it Axl! You see what I meant about the alcohol? They went out of their way to show him with a drink in his hand a few times, but he wasn't potrayed as alcoholic and there was no specific mention of alcoholism.

I am going to see it again this afternoon, specifically because I was gypped out of the happy ending after the credits.

It grossed over $104,000,000 in its first week. Pretty damn impressive for a superhero who's not nearly as popular as Spiderman, Batman and Superman!

saw it yesterday with swerz

great movie, very long, but awesome!!! i had chills through out it

HisNameIsFrank said:
I've always found Iron Man to be boring as shit! Right up there with The Phantom and The Rockateer. Then again,I'm not really a comic fan. But recent Batman,Spiderman(not the last one,imo)and X-Men movies have proven that great movies can be made with a comic book character. Still. Iron Man. Meh....
Iron Man. So not meh! I love when I'm wrong about movies. It always makes a great film so much greater.

Robert Downy Jr. is awesome in this movie! I don't know much about the character of Iron Man, but this movie was on par with Batman Begins. Over two hours and still not long enough for me.

Iron Man raised the bar on the summer superhero movies! Fly high or stay at home.

Marvel Studios said Monday (May 5) that "Iron Man 2" will hit theaters on April 30, 2010, though it's unclear which parts of the original's creative team will return. Then Marvel hopes to release "Thor," from director Matthew Vaughan ("Stardust"), on July 4, 2010.

The company has then set aside 2011 as an "Avengers"-themed summer. Leading off is "The First Avenger: Captain America," set for May 6, 2011. A yet-to-be-specified July 2011 is expected for "The Avengers," a superhero all-star pic set up after the closing credits of "Iron Man."

Yay!

HisNameIsFrank said:
I don't know much about the character of Iron Man, but this movie was on par with Batman Begins.
I don't either but I think that made it a little better, no expectations no disappointments. Just taking it in with a clean slate. You could tell there were a few "in" jokes through out the movie but they explained them for the newbs.

Thor and Captain America would be great flicks, and I'm not even going to get started on an Avengers movie. it seems like Hollywood is finally realizing that if you please the comic book nerds you then please your financial needs - and I won't be so naive to say because the nerds make up the majority of the movie-going demographic, because we don't. but these stories have been read by our fathers (and sometimes grandfathers) for a reason - they are really good stories!

Captain America would be very fit for the times we currently live in, but who could pull of Steve Rogers (the Capn)? it would have to be a red-blooded, blond haired, blue eyed American in the classic sense. I have no answers.

also, for those who have seen the movie and did not stick around for the post-credits Samuel L Jackson-as-Nick Fury cameo, here is a camera phone video link = http://io9.com/386444/samuel-l-jacksons-iron-man-cameo-is-already-online

the video is hilarious because you can hear the guy yell "holy shit!" when he realizes it is Fury.

axl blaze said:
Captain America would be very fit for the times we currently live in, but who could pull of Steve Rogers (the Capn)? it would have to be a red-blooded, blond haired, blue eyed American in the classic sense. I have no answers.

Ryan Phillippe? Paul Walker? Barry Pepper?

^ I've got your Steve Rogers right here....

dolphlundgren5.jpg

Dolph Lundgren Baby! He can do it!

3/5
pretty dope movie
interesting how they went with an older cast (downey,paltrow,bridges)
i thought they did a good job
i'm not familiar with the comic so i cant really compare it with that
but i think its as least as good as spider-man (downey > mcguire)
i enjoyed it and i'd like to see it again