Votes: 9 24.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
this September is when Iron Man, of Marvel Comics fame, makes it to the big screen. not much is known besides Gwenyth Paltrow is going to be in it and Robert Downey Jr. is going to play Iron Man. I think Downey Jr. would play a perfect Tony Stark and a perfect Iron Man, as he has also battled his own demons and Stark is famously an alcoholic, which I am guessing will be addressed in this film (it should, or it wouldn't do the comics or even Downey Jr. justice). I have seen a couple pics of the Iron Man suit and it looks great. I think the Mandarin is the "bad guy."

irondowney.jpg

tom cruise has been trying to make this for years. i'm so glad he couldn't as rdj is PERFECT!

thank god that prancing scientologist freak couldn't ruin this movie. downey jr. is perfect for tony stark, a smart and talented guywith a serious self destructive side.

also, i don't think mandarin is the villain. its some guy named iron monger in another suit like iron man's. i never really read iron man when i was a kid that much (knew him from the avengers more), so i don't know who that is, but the pictures look pretty sick and the people involved seem to be trying to take this seriously (no fantasic four shit fest, hopefully).

edit = damn, i shouldn't post when i just wake up.

Last edited:
but it's not out yet.

plus it will probably suck.

i'm not a fan of the hollywood "blockbuster" bullshit.

big budget......big explosions.....cgi out the ying yang.....high $$$ actors who are way overexposed.......hype hype hype......suck suck suck.

I agree with you on the blockbuster bullshit, which is problematic for fans of comics because the stories that we dig are accessible to Hollywood... perhaps too accessible. I can only hope that they "do it right" and do it justice, and it seems like they are taking the first couple steps with picked up Downey Jr. and not Tom Cruise.

plus, the suit looks so damn good. it was made by some Oscar winning F/X guy and it remains very faithful to its lore:

ironman_l.jpg

so far I have heard that it is a very adult superhero story, which means it can't be remotely close to the first Fantastic Four.

EDIT

hell yeah! yesterday Ain't It Cool News dropped the report on Samuel L. Jackson cameo performing as his comic book look alike, Nick Fury, Iron Man's boss. not the old-school white Nick Fury, of course. this info is even sweeter for those of us who have seen the first Fury movie, the Fox TV movie Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, where he was played by David Hasselhoff.

SAY WHAT AGAIN I DARE YOU!
303792.jpg

Last edited:
thats sick! i love ultimate nick fury. they even admitted he was written and drawn to be sammy jackson.

^ me too
tony stark man-ed up and is acting like a dick...
and hello? black sabbath, obvious choice but so worth going for. thank you.

I've always found Iron Man to be boring as shit! Right up there with The Phantom and The Rockateer. Then again,I'm not really a comic fan. But recent Batman,Spiderman(not the last one,imo)and X-Men movies have proven that great movies can be made with a comic book character. Still. Iron Man. Meh....

Personally, I've always had a bias against RDJ ever since "Less Than Zero" (I know, get over it). But I have to agree, he is the perfect candidate to play this role, IMO. They'll have to go Hollywood to some degree in order to get the tickets sold. I'm sorry, but the die hard comic-book carrying folks aren't a big enough audience to get the payback their after. Unless someone (probably a comic-book die hard himself) is footing the bill, the companies backing the production will want maximum return on investment...hence, FF and X-man :\

I've always like Iron Man, but didn't get deep enough to know his boss, very many of his villians, etc. The statement of Nick Fury being originally black....that just doesn't jib with my memory, which is biased by the Nick Fury that was Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos, and then Nick Fury agent of SHIELD - I've got the square jawed white guy stuck in my mind and Samuel L just isn't it, no matter how good of an actor he is - he's not white. Now, I'm not saying the role has to be white, and I certainly have no footing to undercut SLJ's acting (I love the guy), but I don't get this part about Fury being black unless they have changed things from when I grew up. My comics were made by guys who grew up in the 50's and 60's, when racism was still publicly strong - how many black super heroes where there? Villians? Even generic citizens in the background gasping and cheering? I don't see it, unless later versions of Iron Man (the ones Axl's generation grew up with) went back and rewrote the origins and beginnings (which many newer 90's and later comic books have done....hell, even FF was reshaped periodically to revamp the characters and storyline). I'll accept it, I just don't see it.

^tweekend perhaps maybe?

anyway, i just wanted to add that the iron man "teaser" does a hell of a lot more than just tease. and the costume looks much like the whilce portacio run.

10501_4_001.jpg

IMDB says the director is Jon Favreau, whom I've often liked very, very much as an actor. I'd have a lot more faith in him being comic-book faithful, than some more commercial film directors :\

Ahhh, too bad, I always thought it would be great to see an older Bruce Cambell play Nick Fury. But Sam Jackson? No problems there.

Last edited:
I think the trailer looks pretty badass. I'll probably go see it.

my fanboy hard-on is at full-attention. I will be seeing this movie Saturday night, because surprisingly I do not have to work.