• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The Main Synchronicity Thread

it's not that sound doesn't exist...but rather that the vibrations produced from a falling tree are not in of themselves, sound.

sound requires an eardrum to be sound.

the vibrations that move through the air are only mean sound to something that can hear.

Semantics, my good friends. "Sound" is merely a symbol we use to describe the way we perceive these vibrations. The vibrations exist as surely as we do.

in the case that the tree falling does not reach an entity that is capable of perceiving it, we could just talk about 'uninstantiated sound' - i.e. the possibility for sound perception was there, the circumstances were not right for it at the time though.

Xorkoth said:
"Sound" is merely a symbol we use to describe the way we perceive these vibrations. The vibrations exist as surely as we do.

exactly.

the interesting realization is that our perception of these vibrations is limited by our ability to perceive. In reality (free from the constraints of human sensory capacity), a tree falling in the forest produces far more than "sound". While we know that it will produce vibrations in the air that we can interpret through hearing, it may produce countless other effects that we are unable to interpret because they are beyond the limited machinery of our sensory organs to detect.

but i fear this is a long way from synchronicity...

i have definitely experienced this phenomenon.
it's bizarre how many times i've discovered a band i've never listened to before and that same day i hear friends (who i did not know listened to them), or even strangers, discussing them. it's more than me just noticing the name having become familiar with it.

i've had several other profound experiences, including calling at consistently expected moments and so on. just the other night i was thinking of talking to a friend i've been out of touch with for a month or so, and she IMs me out of nowhere, mid-thought.

as for explanation, i'm still working on that. ;)

samadhi_smiles said:
in the case that the tree falling does not reach an entity that is capable of perceiving it, we could just talk about 'uninstantiated sound' - i.e. the possibility for sound perception was there, the circumstances were not right for it at the time though.

That we can discuss uninstantiated sound presupposes (correctly) that sound exists apart from a perceiving entity. Right on Andy.

i find alot of Synchronicity in the collecitve (un)consciousness.
What i mean is usually wht i am thinking about or realizing, there are many other thinking and realizing this same thought or idea at the same time.

I have been listening to alot of terrence mckenna mp3's lately.
It seems his timewave zero theory has alot to do with Synchronicity, where as soon everyhing will be connected....

mexican seafood said:
i've had several other profound experiences, including calling at consistently expected moments and so on. just the other night i was thinking of talking to a friend i've been out of touch with for a month or so, and she IMs me out of nowhere, mid-thought.

That happens to me so often, especially with a few really close friends I don't see often at all anymore. One of my friends and I would rather frequently go to call each other, and we'd press send so close together that neither of us would hear a ring. We'd both just press send and the other person was instantly there.

illusion25 said:
What i mean is usually wht i am thinking about or realizing, there are many other thinking and realizing this same thought or idea at the same time.

That's what I've been thinking about for the past few months. This characteristic seemed incredibly active for the past few weeks or month particularly.

Xorkoth said:
Semantics, my good friends. "Sound" is merely a symbol we use to describe the way we perceive these vibrations. The vibrations exist as surely as we do.

You'll have to forgive me for some further semantics... The linguist in me won't keep quiet :p

Do the vibrations exist? "Vibration" is a symbol referring to certain patterns of motion within a reference frame. Is it any more meaningful to discuss vibrations absent humyn experience than it is to discuss sound? Both concepts are symbolic interpretation of events-in-the-Real, which have no defined symbolic properties of their own.

For the hell of it, I'll also bring up quantum theory. Events don't "happen" in a determinate sense unless they are observed. Thus, the scientifically accurate answer would be that, not only is there no sound, it's also indeterminate whether the tree fell at all.

So have you guys noticead any of the misspeled words? when peopel type real fast (automatic, subconscius if you got taught out to type), .....

check it out, saw it in this thread, name-nym twice today diferernt websitess

Æther

yes, if you ..have an idea, like software or something you want, gOOgle it (every see eyes everwhere sometiems?), its probably done,

right now its liek the future and the past and the present are together, or soemthing like that. Usually people misspell A LOT in instant messaging, depending on "my" state of mind sometimes, or theirs, think of "REALITY" and HUMANS, like they're made just like cars on an assembly line... created, look at evolution from a top down instead of bottom pu persq3^1j)3 'nsted,

The pyramids of egypt, 7 steps, or the maya's, (native americaens' ect..), 13 steps on the one dollar bill, NEO in the matrix movie (..first one.. based off a comic book called The Invisibles BTW) NWO? new world order? OWN? NEO goes hOm e i mean ONE?

String theory or M theory now (M, funny..;) ), 11 dimentions?
Tool - "46 and 2 just ahead of me" ya got a pair of 23 from M an D

If you hold down the Alt key on a windows machine and use the keypad with a 4 digit number,

æ 0230, 5 1333, W 1111 ☼, Í 0973 Ë ³

ahh screw it hehe, but i bet if you play around in wordpad with numbers you happen to "by chance" (is there randomness in teh universe? or just chaos? chaos has an underlying order according to the definition it just looks random. I think its said ..generally.. if the universe' initial conditions at teh big bang were ANY different, we wouldn't be here etc etc,

Lost my train of thought, but if you can see us all as like "pieces of god" broken down, like "god" (or whatever) had to create lower forms of itself in order to create more complex things, god dammit these thigns are so hard to explain but imagine a triangle or pyramid, the eye at the top - is your third eye, and it points outward, and when you are arguing with someone the two triangles converge, or if your trying to compromise with your husband/wife ... in the middle, or you got a triangle (imagine it on paper) with "conspiracy theorists people" with their triangle, and another triangle for "people who dont believe in conspiracy theories" with its own triangle, which one is right? Both, NONe or ONE? ALL?

What is reality, imagine all of us, each of us have a big giant pyramid/tetrahedron coming out of our noses/3rd eye, a whole lot of triangles, all talking about "what is reality?", arguing, agreeing, most agree that its a comptuert your typing on realyly fast (or slow "lol") and that car is a "Car", so looks to me like the only truth to what reality is is the truth you've created your reality to be.

We're waking up, "alarm goes off at 11:11 on the clock", remembering who WE are, ... you know, all of you guys and all my friends look real but i know its a 3d holographic projection of "out there".. "in here". Reminds me of a Fractal. So whats to say, its not the other way around, put down another triangle/pyramid, what if its really, whats "in here" is what i SEE "out there"?

Schizophrenia's wiki says the general definition is "splitting of the mind". What if the only thing that exists is, "I", and you are all just parts of ME? U + I = ME, here's "I" or "ME" and this illusion of separation in front of me. All one thing. Or maybe nothing,

..this is cool..,

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/

noticed theres 11 steps in that pyramid, ABRACADABRA was in that Alester Crowley's Book of the law or whatever, Tool - Rosetta stoned isn't 11:11 in length as an accident (show me ... that accidents actually exist? you can use the triangle thing for anything, people that believe everything is by chance, others believe its syncronicity - but it seems there's a big CRUNCH of some kind, Unity, comingg.. 21:13:8:5:3:2:11:11AMI:333.... GMT DEC21st, 2012AD

Whoa.... i just got a bunch more ephiphanies typing that now, the fibigoni sequence (shit i tried to spell that one right) 1,1,2,3,5,8,... if you take 8/5 13/8..etc.. you get closer and closer to the number phi, graphed on paper it looks like a sin wave (i think?) then there's Phi, dualiTY, fractal, wow so,

ratio's of /nm lol never mind... the future is determinable by calculations just look... what i'm going to do tomorrow is calculatable by math,

21:13:8:5:3:2:11:ONE AM I/ME/WE:3CREATE "A"

...tasp ehT------------> the future <O>
or just, ------------------------------------------- the NOW..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio - funny how the internet "itself" grows..so..fast..sudddenly... (oh yeah, forgott to say, the misspellings ya'll are doing are on purpose, we're communicating mostly unconscious messages, or so "I" think thats the cause, haha or the reason aether way works 4 me)

http://jond4u.jonathandickau.com/unichain.htm

Explain it.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=299716

If a tree fell in a forest, and no one was around, would it still make a sound?

How can there be a forest with no one around? Show me a forest without reptiles, birds or mammals? Can't they all hear the tree when it falls? How about the termites? How do you know the termites in the ground don't feel the vibration when the tree hits the ground and celebrate? What could be better for the little critters other than a fallen tree?

A forest, by definition, is a densly populated entity, teaming with life. There is no such thing as a forest with no one around. Unless you think humans are the only one's that count. There are many who benefit from that fallen tree.

all my beliefs preceding my tripping experiences after dropping christianity over time was that there is no god, and its just he universe expanding with random life across it. this developed into the belief that planets revolving in star systems, revolving in galaxies, revolving in the expanding universe are just the same as the cells in the body, the electrons circling protons and neutrons, the quarks, leptons, and all the smaller subatomic particles. so is the universe my god? on 2c-s i have had feelings of a connection like that, as well as the fact of my soul belief. the body creates so much bichemical energy. on death it would be a lot of energyjust to fade to nothing straight away. as i've heard about the brain releasing dmt at death as a cushion for the consciousness. is this the cushion to allow the soul to release free into the universe. yeah, its just what i believe and it could be silly, but it keeps me happy!

i've also had some wierd deju-vu from 2c's, strong feelings that i'm seeing things that i can't have seen yet. i watched a film a while ago, and knew the entire plot before i watched all of it and i'd not seen it at all before!

kinda weird talking about Synchronicity.
i heard a talk about synchronicity given by terrence mckenna today.
and considering there is a thread about this same subject.
Synchronicity in Synchronicity.

hasush said:
I'm sorry, but there is a thing called coincidence.

Here are two "coincidences" you can chew on, neither involving drugs.

Once I was scrambling to leave town on a cross-country move. My car was in the shop,
and I needed to retrieve it from quite a distance within a very limited time frame.
I had access to a car to get to the mechanic's, but needed another driver to return
the second vehicle.

I phoned everyone I knew, desperately. I was on a tight, unexpected schedule,
due to a job opportunity that had popped up. Everyone was working or otherwise
unavailable, even my closest friends.

Finally I reached the last possible person my list, as time was running out.
I told him where I needed to pick up the car. He laughed. It was right next door
to where he was at when I reached him on his cell, at a friend's house
(who I didn't know even existed in his life.) This was in a major east coast city,
with millions of inhabitants.

Years later, back in same city. My mother passed away, and a chaplain was
dispatched from a hospice service. I spoke to her briefly as she was leaving,
and offered directions which she refused, saying she'd trust the ones given her
by the service.

She got lost, about three miles away from my house in another neighborhood.
She finally pulled over to ask directions from a person leaving a cafe.
The person turned out to be one of my oldest and dearest friends,
one of maybe a dozen people in the city capable of directing her
precisely to my doorstep. It was also the person who had
recommended that particular hospice service after her mother had died.

Again, out of millions of people in the city, it is quite a "coincidence" that she chose
this one, who just happened to be leaving a cafe after breakfast at that moment.

But don't let that fracture you're "atheist" conviction. It might unhinge your own
sense of self, so cling to whatever particular "ism" which makes you feel secure.

8(

I always get wrong-number phone calls from odd sounding people while I'm tripping. One time I got a call while I was coming up on 2C-E and when I picked up all I heard on the other end was someone gasping for help. I assumed it was a prank call, probably was, but the timing was uncanny. I might've called the cops if not for the fact that I was out of my head on a psychadelic.

Synchronicity

The coincidental events that always happen on acid, that are a little too coincidental. Know what i mean? Does everyone else get this, that crazy shit that "only happens on acid", the most random things. Like the first time, I walked into my old work, and me and a friend were talking about people that used to work there, and this one girl came up because I mentioned a remix of freak on a leash she used to listen to, then maybe 2 hours later, we walk into dennys and see that very girl, which I hadnt seen in maybe a year, and thought she went away to college or something, and all I could do was stare with a weird look as she said "omg ryan?!" Only on acid.

Second example, my buddy was tripping with some friends, and sold some to one of his other friends earlier that week, and long story short he kinda went crazy and cops showed up after he lost his friends becayse he thought they were jumping him, and he came to in a hospital, and as he was leaving, that kid he sold the doses to was in the room RIGHT next to him, cuz apparently he doused himself in gasoline or something while tripping really hard, and got sent to the hospital as well.

Theres a million other things like that but thats one of my fav things about acid, is the crazy shit that happens while you're dosed. Am I the only one who gets this or is this a commonly known thing? I love it!!

um this happens to me all the time,
however in some cases i think its delusions from the drugs.
DXM gave it to me pretty bad when I used to do it, but who else gets the "11:11" everywhere.

I think its mostly is over analyization under the influence.
I've seen into the future clearly a few times on acid. talk about weird. Living in a moment that is to come 30 minutes later. freaky freaky.