• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The Main Synchronicity Thread

solistus, synchronicity, at least the way I understand it, and various faculties of human consciousness (selective memory as you say) are not mutually exclusive or necessarily contradictory.

hasush said:
Just because things happen in a manner that might appear to be significant, it doesn't mean they in fact are. When weare in situations where all things make 'sense' or are synchoronic we fail to notice all the things that don't make sense or don't fall into our preconceptions.

I’m more inclined to agree with Hasush’s idea of selective memory. And like solistus, I also have a hard time believing that synchronicity is a trait exhibited by reality itself. I was actually just about to quote a section from the introduction to The Bhagavad Gita as translated by Juan Mascaró (recommendation of Jamshyd), when I saw solistus’s post. I think they have quite a bit in common. ;)

solistus said:
… things we find 'coincidental' or meaningful are purely symbolic; there is no 'objective' method external to our constructed systems of meaning that defines what is and is not important or even similar.

I like your interpretation of the symbolic and how synchronicity can’t exist outside the realm of the symbolic. Here's an interesting distinction made in The Bhagavad Gita (sorry for the edits, I didn't think this through before posting it the first time ... more later):

"Many events happen, after all, without anybody offering explanations for them. Causal antecedents may discharge their function without being obvious to anyone or observable by anyone. A distinction must be made between, on the other hand, the actual reasons why an event occurs, and, on the other hand, the reasons we might give to ourselves to explain that event to our satisfaction. In light of this distinction we can see that in, in an important sense, all reasons identified by words or thought are partial, biased, and largely imaginary. They do not refer to the external world, only to our internal world. Identified antecedents do not properly represent the pure, rational flux within which any event is embedded, which fills all space and time."

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:
I was just, in fact, writing about synchronicity in a PM to a friend, when I saw your new thread.

I'm not sure why psychedelics seem to bring it out, but I know that it doesn't only happen on psychedelics. On my +4 with 2C-E, I had a revelation about synchronicity. It happens whenever we are able to see beyond the single frame of reference we're in now so that we experience an event while knowing that it was coming. The universe is laid out perfectly so that everything affects everything else in some way and the whole of it comes together to create what is. As such, IMO, we do have free will at all times, but that free will itself is part of the universe, so that although we can only perceive one frame of it, all time and space and other dimensions are all already in existence, simultaneously. Since our past experiences are what make up our egoes, no matter how many times you went back to a point in the past to make a decision, you would always make the same decision. You'd make the same mental turns, back-and-forths, and the same eventual outcome.

As such, whatever does happen, is what was supposed to happen, so everything is always synchronous, except that most of the time you don't realize it. I've definitely been in mental states where I recognized that everything in my life and around me is always synchronistic.

I have been noticing it more and more and more as time goes by.

Exactly. I realized this after delving into the holographic paradigm, particularly the writings of Stanislov Grof.

psychedelic synchronicity is a very interesting phenomena, i was tripping on shrooms a few months back, i turned on the radio and the first two words that came on were "alien-architecture" which was so spooky, psychedelics break all the rules

I want to believe that synchonous events appear when, for individual subjective experience, the third dimension folds to touch itself, replicating a four dimensional experience.

Since we are not wired for four dimensional navigation, we experience synchronicities and deja' vu.

I would also agree with whomever above that Karma is just another religeous control scheme. I would not intentionally treat other living things bad, regardless of whether or not there is a cosmic tally being scored. The universe operates according to necessity (minus all of the bullshit), it doesn't play our petty little who did what to whom games.

Crowbar, i like your statement.

Synchronicity, as crowbar stated, is when things are as they are supposed to be. Imagine the universe as an equation operating on exponential levels. From quantum, to molecular, to microscopic, to visible, to continents, to planets, to solar systems, to universes, to galaxies, to galaxy clusters, to multiverses, etc. etc. This equation, originally begun at the creation of the universe, is, if entirely unaffected by chance, predetermined. But some inexplicable force of chance alters all of these levels. It is most apparently observable on the quantum level through Heisenberg's uncertainity principle, i.e. the position of an electron is only a matter of probability. But our minds are the same as the electron. All the past experiences you have, bubbling inside your skull, fusing with the neurons of your brain, should simply cause a physical reaction in your neural pathways which would result in one decision. So for everything you encounter, there should be a consistent decision you make, no matter how many times the situation is repeated. But sometimes, a force pushes you away from the decision that you had been predetermined to make, thus temporarily unaligning the trajectory of your existence.

This sounds like tripper babble. I apologize. I do hope it makes sense to some.

I believe the trajectory you are supposed to follow is the feeling people call "intuition." The worst decisions of my life, very basic decisions that seemed entirely innocuous, have always been preceded by an intuitive feeling of apprehension and dread, even though my rational mind thought that it was OK.

Synchronicity occurs when this rational mind is forgotten, and intuition acts as the sole guiding force. Psychedelics are very good at facilitating this.

willow11 said:
Explain it. Why does the ingestion of psychedelics seem to intitiate coinciding events, minor and major, in the 'real' world, both during the intoxication but moreso AFTER the evnt (DMT being the greatsest personal catalyst)? Is it a grandeur of delusion or defintiion of quantum collapse, oberservation leading to 'changes' in the material world? Wishful thinking?

This topic has been plaguing me somehwat, moreso enteretaining and fascinating- the feeling (for me) is akin to deja vu....

Thoughts????

:) ;) :D

Psychedelics always give me a perspective where I can see a deeper order/pattern within everything. My experiences of synchronisations usually happen when I'm inhabiting this perspective.

The experience can lead to wishful and magical thinking, but I think the experience itself is beyond that sort of cognition.

The brain doesn't construct reality; rather reality constructs the brain. Basic quantum psychics, photons when measuried as matter or substanciated appears as a particle, but to trace its movements, it appears to be wavelike. Either our brains actively change the behaviour of this photon or the photon changes the perception of our brain. The brain is like the radio receiver for a universal property called conciousness, which all creatures have to a degree. Synchronicity can be explained by realising that the conciousness field we inhabit is not different to any other conciousness field, simply partitioned off by our physical make-up, which can be (permanently) alteredt. Synchronocity-perception is seeing reality as it is, harmonious and in balance and completete, not fractured.

people need to realize what karma means.
karma does not mean your actions will be punished or rewarded.

karma simply means action.
with actions there are reactions.
cause and effect.

just because you steal or hurt someone doesnt me that something bad will happen directly back to you.

what karma means is that when you do something (action) there will be an effect.

Once you realize that everything is ONE and all connected you will not want to harm or hurt anything.
Because we live in the same world, the same universe, and live with each other.

as for the sychronicity...i really cant decide what i choose to believe.
Sometimes it seems as though every thing happens for a reason.
Other times i believe we see reason in everything that happens. our minds are contructed to use logic and reason, so we intepret the world as events happening for reasons, when really there is no reason. it just is. and we tend to find logic, reason therefore preventing insanity, because if you see the universe as a chaotic and meaningless force then insanity starts creeping in.
I believe that there is no reason for anything, and really everything is meaningless, BUT i still "create" pretend reasons for things thus continning the game of life and making it interesting. Like religon...it was created by man, but it has benefits cause it give reason to live to reason for our actions.
If we didnt have reason or logic for our actions then we might lose our sanity.
It is fun to make a game/reality and live in it

i guess you cant really prove which is correct as we can never see the "big picture", as the universe is an everchanging force of cause and effect.

So with karma our actions create all the effects of the future. like the butterfly effect....

Last edited:
^^^ Yes, but at the same time Karma is taught to young children in traditional (and even atraditional) communities to reinforce the exact concepts the person who was originally bashing the idea of Karma.

It IS a way to teach others about causation as well as compassion.

if one learns about karma later in life, coming from a Christian background, it is easy to see karma as nothing but a moral control thing. yet as has been said by some here, it is so much more. even if one's understanding of how karma works might well help one make morally sound choices, it is not per se a fear thing; ultimately the moral choice comes from a deeper understanding of causation and from compassion rather than from fear of retribution.

^^yes weel put.
i agree

compassion and understanding are very important values

I got this weird feeling one day that synchronocity is what happens when the ego dies. The ego is spread out all over the past and the present, and also projected onto the other. I think when it dies it has to retract itself, or rediscover itself. This process of rediscovering is like finding things all over the place which you didnt know were yours, but you had secretly been alluding to all along. Similarily you could think of it as the past and the future coming together, creating a point where everything is contained simultaneously. This is a point where you are living your own personal myth. Of course, the further this process happens the less 'you' there really is.

our minds have more control oer the universe than we think, and pshychs get us closer to seeing that

hasush said:
If a tree fell in a forest, and no one was around, would it still make a sound? Yes of course it will! The vibrations of the tree are present even if someone doesn't provide an eardrum to hear it.

Actually, there is no such thing as sound per se. Animals simply translate changes in air pressure into a coded signal which carries meaning for them.

Vibrations do not equal sound.

I'm sorry, but my love for science does not usurp the psychedelic revelation.

panic_the_digital said:
Actually, there is no such thing as sound per se. Animals simply translate changes in air pressure into a coded signal which carries meaning for them.

this sentence alone is worth a whole fucking thread.

wow.

it casts a whole new light on perception.

everything we experience is subject to our perception, and our ability to perceive. the reality we believe in is subject to the constraints of our sensory capacity.

that's all i'm going to add for now...