View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get a strong urge to write on DXM. But usually all I end up with is almost complete nonsense. I don't know if the nonsense is coming from my brain, or if I'm just hitting the wrong keys. What do people usually think about on DXM? I always find myself examing my behaviors and trying to figure out why I do what I do, and why I feel what I do.

Even if I'm just looking to 'get fucked up', I always end up pondering things and trying to improve myself and my situation. Is this common among other dex'ers?

Also, does anyone get the 'truth serum' effect from DXM? I almost always speak with complete and open honesty on dxm.. it's not that I don't feel shame, it's just that I don't see why I should feel ashamed of my thoughts and feelings (whereas, I definitely see why I should normally).

Also, does anyone else think grapefruit juice tastes worse than cough syrup?

Has anyone ever had CEV's and Auditory Hallucinations while on low doses of DXM?

I've never really tryed tripping on DXM, but a while back I took 3 capfulls of Vicks Nyquil just so it would help me get to sleep early, and I swore when I was laying in bed with my eyes shut, I could hear all sorts of high pitched noises, and grid-patterns and crazy colors. (BTW, this was before I knew anything about DXM, so I wasn't expecting any of this)

DXM is a really weird fuckin thing. I truly believe it has the potential to fuck someone up in the head. I've probably taken DXM over 40 times in the past 10 years and have good trips/ bad trips/ absolutely crazy frightening trips.

I'm not sure why it makes some people nautious it never does for me. I could sit here and explain a few of my trips but they're really long and weird. You really need to be in a calm relaxed setting with a friend or 2 to enjoy it. When I do enjoy it I feel as if I were taking shrooms without that many visuals. It makes your body feel strange and you get happy and see the world in a different way. It makes you think of random shit and can easily trip you out. I've had a lot of panic attacks on it as well. I think the strangest trip I've had recently would have to be when my girlfriend and I were trying to kick our H habit. We were going through withdrawals and thought it would kill a few hours of our time. It was late so we fell asleep on my bed for a little bit. When I woke up to the sound of the TV everything in the room changed. The ceiling was moving and everything was slowed down. My gf was asleep still so I sat there watching the film then got tripped in my head and started to have a flashback of when I was a kid. I remembered a traumatic event and felt like I was reliving it. I could literally feel it happening to me in my bed but could still see myself as a kid. It was something I never thought of in a long time and didn't think it was that serious as well but now it was scaring me and making me think about life and death etc. Eventually I got out of it and rest of night was decent.

I don't really have visual hallucinations from anything I do though. I've done shrooms countless times and acid once but still no hallucinations open eyed =/

One thing I used to really enjoy when I first started, and haven't been able to get back, are the 'alice in wonderland' type hallucinations.. has anyone else experienced this? objects like your hands or a shampoo bottle may seem to grow to freakish porportions. Or sometimes it'll look like your body stretches for like 30 feet.

Breaks and setting changes has not been able to bring this visual effect back for me -- I'm afraid I have a permanent tolerance/resistance to that... ie, i learned how to judge depth and relative sizes without binocular vision. I miss exploring the world as a zombie/alien/cyclops.

I've had some really good CEVs visuals once at a low dose -- about half of what I'd usually need for it. Was a very pleasant suprise. I watched a series of bright, silvery/blue lines change shapes from a random tangled mess to a desk and to a very detailed person. Also many other forms I can't even remember anymore.

I need pretty heavy doses before my audio starts flanging -- and i've never outright hallucinated sound on only dxm before.

I think DXM definitely has a good chance of permamently changing someone's personality... I really feel that DXM, moreso than any other drug, strips away your 'humanity.' You're no longer compelled to value or participate in anything normal society does. Even the subtle language cues we learned are parted from us. When interacting with people on DXM, and I don't want them to know I'm on DXM, I often find myself forcing "appropiate" reactions to people. Smiles, body language, and tone of voice all become unnatural. You have to conciously control and execute all these things. You seperate yourself from all the conditioned responses that society expects of its people. DXM is what first connected me to what I really think and feel, instead of what I'm suppose to. After many sessions, I've mastered this skill while sober, but I still find it useful to dex once every month or every few months, to sort of make sure this skill is properly "calibrated."

But the danger is thinking that you no longer need to act out all those condition responses -- because you actually have to, or you'll stick out of a group of people like the crazy nihilist you've actually become.

About.. say.. 1 out of every 6 trips, instead of the clear introspection, your thoughts just become spagetti, and you say, do, and destroy things that you absolutely cannot justify in any way the morning after.

dude, that post was rambling. my last note:

spacedementia, I've had that exact same experience where time seems to slow to a crawl and you vividly relive past events... luckily I've only relived really positive ones. DXM brought memories back from my childhood I forgot existed.

lazydullard said:
Also, does anyone get the 'truth serum' effect from DXM? I almost always speak with complete and open honesty on dxm.. it's not that I don't feel shame, it's just that I don't see why I should feel ashamed of my thoughts and feelings (whereas, I definitely see why I should normally).

I get this. I can 'hold back' saying something though if I know it's going to hurt someone's feelings if they're around me, but this causes a weird anxious, about to burst feeling

here's something I wrote elsewhere, a while back. I'm reposting it, unedited, for educational purposes.

-----

I used to eat coricidin like it was tasty. I have eaten literally unexplainable amounts of coricidin, at times over 100 pills in a sitting or 3000mg of DXM, without suffering any negative side-effects from the chlorpheniramine maleate they contained. I believe these pills contain something like a 1:6 CPM/DXM ratio, so we're talking about up to 500mg CPM completely, completely unaccounted for. When I say unexplainable, I am not joking in the slightest.

the most potent DXM experience I ever had was a night I made 8+ boxes of coricidin disappear. There are 16 pills per box, 30mg per pill, so even at a low estimate we're talking something on the scale of a 3800mg dose. I ate significantly less to begin with, then ate the rest with grossly impaired judgement after my initial dose had kicked in. Timing it this way caused a peculiar phenomenon indeed: for the single time ever in literally hundreds of coricidin-eating excursions, I did not vomit. We're talking about 640mg CPM just chilling in my body as if it weren't even toxic, as if it weren't on the scale of 7 or 8 times a fatal overdose for my body mass. This shit is completely true and is not embellished in any way.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RECOMMEND THIS. YOU WILL DIE.

as far as the mental experience itself, I laid on a couch in a dark room. I gazed at this painting on the far wall, endlessly, because it was immediately in front of me, and I could not move. This painting would grow ever bigger, until it eclipsed the room I was in completely, and became the room itself. This resulted in my being transported through all sorts of absurd scenery, from jungles, to temples, to cities, to spaceships. Each time this would happen, a new painting or focal point would appear in the distance in place of the painting, and the cycle would continue. My body did not exist while this was happening. This continued for the entire duration of my experience.

while this took place, I was seven different consciousnesses simultaneously, none of which pertained in any way to the room I was in, to the painting, or to the person I was. Some of these consciousnesses were biological, some were mechanical, and some were completely nonphysical. I remember some of them in great detail, but trying to articulate them is a completely different story. Here is a segment of conversation I had about one of them:

amp hates you: ok in one of these scenarios...I was this bizarre setup almost like 4-dimensional dominoes...I was apparatus
amp hates you: fuckin
amp hates you: lol
triXyblaKe: as one of these 7 different entities?
amp hates you: yes
amp hates you: imagine three wires ok....all maintaining a symmetrical distance from a central point, kinda triangular shape between em, y'know...all going forward and forward and forward...they formed this sort of long triangular tube
triXyblaKe: rofl... ok
amp hates you: in this tube were these really long thin barbs...shaped like Q-tips or your tongue barbell but long enough to stretch from one point to another in this triangle. On the ends of these barbs were some sort of magnet, or electromagnetic something or other...just linking them somehow to these wires, the wires that formed the corners of the triangular tube
triXyblaKe: wow @ your memory.. go on
amp hates you: so many of these fucking barbs too...they were all in very close proximity to each other, right the fuck next to each other depth-wise, tips almost touching, ascending down the entire length of this tube (which was probably infinite)
amp hates you: my job as this consciousness was to align these barbs in such a way that current could be passed through them flawlessly
triXyblaKe: LOL
amp hates you: and it was like dominoes
amp hates you: not only that
triXyblaKe: lolol
triXyblaKe: hahahah .. ok wow
amp hates you: but I was doing this to think. Like I had to do this, this was how I existed, this was how I remained conscious
there was another existence, or coupling of existences, rather, where two of my seven selves actually coexisted. Both were biological lifeforms comprised of nothing but a circulatory system. Both navigated a physical landscape with great difficulty, as they had no bones or muscles to help distribute their gravity. They sorta just sprung from point A to point B like living slinkys. Their objective was to gather some sort of material and assemble it atop this enormous pyramid in the distance. Aside from this pyramid, the entire rest of the environment was a gigantic, cancerous overgrowth of living cells that looked almost like a monochromatic rainforest.

I've been meaning to go into detail on how absurd this experience was since the DAY it happened, like 6 years ago, and never did. This post right here is currently the largest sum of material on it I've ever put together. And I've run out of energy to elaborate. Someday this will be expounded upon, compiled, and made into a fucking essay or something. But that day is not today.

anyway, yeah, that shit was fucking crazy son. Words cannot do it justice.

Possible respiratory reaction with dxm???

Last night I ate 300 mg of dxm powder. When the trip peaked I started have chest pains and it felt like I wasn’t getting a good supply of oxygen in my lungs. I had to concentrate of breathing deep breaths and today I had a bad cough and my mucus taste like blood. I’m a regular smoker but had no problem before hand in didn’t smoke during the trip

Has anyone have this reaction before or heard about dxm causing respiratory problems

With 300mg I felt that my breathing was supressed. I didn't have chest pains though, I just couldn't feel the oxygen entering but I was getting enough. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

cdp591 said:
Last night I ate 300 mg of dxm powder. When the trip peaked I started have chest pains and it felt like I wasn’t getting a good supply of oxygen in my lungs. I had to concentrate of breathing deep breaths and today I had a bad cough and my mucus taste like blood. I’m a regular smoker but had no problem before hand in didn’t smoke during the trip

Has anyone have this reaction before or heard about dxm causing respiratory problems

Mostly a panic attack. When some people trip out they get bad anxiety over hallucinations or what DXM makes them think so they freak out and feel like it's hard to breathe or can't breathe. Happens to me sometimes when I do DXM

I have gone through terrible panic attacks on dex.. convinve myself that i have finally gone and done to much.. im going to die this time.. going to have a heart attack.. cant breath.. chest pain.. left arm goes numb.. it can get pretty intense and scary.. usually takes 900-1200mg for it to happen to me though.. or be a few nights into a binge.. obviously i have been fine everytime.. but yes can cause a bad trip..

Super_Special_K said:
I have gone through terrible panic attacks on dex.. convinve myself that i have finally gone and done to much.. im going to die this time.. going to have a heart attack.. cant breath.. chest pain.. left arm goes numb.. it can get pretty intense and scary.. usually takes 900-1200mg for it to happen to me though.. or be a few nights into a binge.. obviously i have been fine everytime.. but yes can cause a bad trip..
I understand that people can have a panic attack on dxm, but I wasn’t at all in panic state.
I still enjoyed the trip took me back to when dex was 5 dollar a gram and was readily available in pure form. I just figured that since dex at lower doses suppress coughs maybe at higher does it could have more of an effect on the respiratory system and plus I still have an infection in my lungs with mucus that taste of blood.

i'm pretty sure you have to kick the dose up towards like 20mg/kg and above before it stops your lungs. unless you're allergic or enzyme deficicient. but, chronic and continued use could possibly make it more likely at smaller doses. I've personally never had difficulty breathing with doses up to 12 mg/kg, but if you have existing lung problems, it's definitely something to think about.

I tried it for the first time last night. Only had about 250mg. Really did not like it. I think I probably belong in the category of people who do not"hate" it but are a bit indifferent to it.

Maybe I have become too accustomed to opiates and benzos and such but it just really tripped me out and had me very agitated. Thoughts were doing weird things. I have done ketamine before but always in a club. Maybe being at home did my head in a bit...

First time robo trippin'

So ive got a small bottle of robo DX (100ml), and i wanna try it.
Ive also possibly got glandular fever, so other than a shredded throat im ok.

is it a good idea to try robo? Or should i put it aside until im better?
Also ive gotta go for a blood test tomorrow, if i did try robo it wouldnt do anything weird would it?

Just wait until you're better. Always wait until you're better to take drugs... it's worth the wait. Sickness and psychedelics do not mix, for me at least. It tends to produce a strange and uncomfortable state. And what does it say about your self-control if you can't just wait? You should be resting and recuperating, not tripping.

Xorkoth said:
Just wait until you're better. Always wait until you're better to take drugs... it's worth the wait. Sickness and psychedelics do not mix, for me at least. It tends to produce a strange and uncomfortable state. And what does it say about your self-control if you can't just wait? You should be resting and recuperating, not tripping.

wise words

alright so I got a friend telling me DXM will give you a ulcer... Cant find anywhere that says it does or anything like that. So just checking with you guys does it?

lazydullard said:
I think DXM definitely has a good chance of permamently changing someone's personality... I really feel that DXM, moreso than any other drug, strips away your 'humanity.' You're no longer compelled to value or participate in anything normal society does. Even the subtle language cues we learned are parted from us. When interacting with people on DXM, and I don't want them to know I'm on DXM, I often find myself forcing "appropiate" reactions to people. Smiles, body language, and tone of voice all become unnatural. You have to conciously control and execute all these things. You seperate yourself from all the conditioned responses that society expects of its people. DXM is what first connected me to what I really think and feel, instead of what I'm suppose to. After many sessions, I've mastered this skill while sober, but I still find it useful to dex once every month or every few months, to sort of make sure this skill is properly "calibrated."
You and i are complete opposites on that. I act like that when im not on DXM. I have to fake smiles and tone of voice and basically everything. Versus on DXM everything i do feels natural and i'm happy.

It also has one hell of a 'truth serum' effect on me. I can talk about pretty much anything and not care.

I'm on it now! roughly 200mg. My personal favorite dose, btw i'm very sensitive to drugs and i only weigh like 135lb.

Ahhh, I feel right at home here. As you might have noticed from my username, Im a HUGE dxm fan. It's not my number one drug of choice, but it'l stay at No.2 forever!!
The first 3p trip scared the shit out of me, but after that every trip got better. Never thought it was possible but, for a while I was spending ALL my money just to buy DXM and lighter fluid for extractions. Tripd AT LEAST 5 times a week for about a couple of months. Then it sorta lost it's magic, so i stoped for a couple of months and now im back on it. Tho i think iv got it under controll, only tripping a couple of times a week.
The most i took was 1.8grams of extracted dxm freebase within 5hours. I think after that night my brain chemistry was permanently alterd, cant say in which way but i felt it. Stupid thing was i took a 150mg welbutrin after the first 1gram dose, caused my trip to last around 2full days.
Why i love this chemical so much is not only because it makes me feel super human and that it makes me euphoric but also because it cured my depression. While in 12th grade i was very depressed, and the thought of suicide was pretty much in my head every couple of days.
The day after my first 3p trip was just magical. probably the best day of my life!

Now days i dont go for the mind bending 3rd and 4th plateaus anymore, because A) i feel that i have nothing more to learn from that place, and B) my tolorance is so high that i have to take around 900mgs just to get to the 3rd plateau. The first and second p are perfect for me right now. I get so many benefits from dxm, it almost seems like the drug is specialy made for me.
Tho my mind does feel kinda slowed down a bit while tripping but that effect goes away so i think it's worth it.
enough of my ranting, i wish you all a good trip.

Last edited:
a bit off topic: when im on dxm i always feel like someone in a movie. And i feel like i belong where ever i'm at.

I remember i was laying on the floor, and my sister comes in and lays with her head next to mine but body on the other side. I told her i felt like that guy from Requiem for a Dream, felt like this would be like how heroin should be (even though i'm fully aware of how heroin actually feels).

I gotta agree with Dxmmonster though, when i was on dxm, felt like greatest times of my life. And i just never wanted it to end. Funny how i dread taking it right before i take the shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.