• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Whats Your Favorite Brand of Cigarettes?

Djarum clove cigs. Too bad big tobacco got them banned here in the colonies, I really enjoyed smoking one on occasion.

Newports, and I'm white so go figure. Usually end up buying Marlborough Methols instead though because I am also cheap. Menthol cigarettes run in my family though, just like alcoholism and depression :)

I find it ironic that people in this thread have been saying that Newports are more expensive than Marlboros. In NYC it's the other way around. I've also noticed it myself while being in other states. It always kind of confused me.

^ Newports are really strong mentholated cigarettes. They are really common amongst African-Americans, and have been called "niggerettes" before. That being said, I love them.

American Spirit - but mostly for the cyan blue packet...

argh, haven't smoked for a month because I can't afford it, but I could do with one now!

^ Newports are really strong mentholated cigarettes. They are really common amongst African-Americans, and have been called "niggerettes" before. That being said, I love them.

Niggerettes, I've heard it all now. That's a shocking term.
In Britain I can't say black people mainly buy certain products.
Certainly not specific brands of cigarettes or anything else I can think of tbh.
Anyway back on topic - Marlboro Lights

I have been hooked on menthols since my first puff...USA right now cause they're cheaper than newports

My favorite packaged brand are American Spirits. But SO expensive. When I'm home in Rhode Island, they're $8.50 a pack, and when I'm back in Chicago for school, it's closer to $10.

As a result, I've switched to making my own. I suck at rolling, and have always found rolled cigarettes too...lumpy. So I buy filtered cigarette tubes and use this injector I bought for like $15 to make cigarettes. And pro-tip: for super special awesome savings, get tobacco marked as smooth pipe tobacco, which works just fine for cigarettes, and is mostly just to take advantage of the huge disparity between taxes on RYO cigarette tobacco and pipe tobacco. My usual brand (Ohm Natural) is $14 a pound, and tubes cost like $3 or $4 for 200. My bank account has never been happier.

Darjum Blacks Clover cigs are always nice but Newports or Marlboro Reds are my vices.

Been switching it up between Marlboro Menthols, Pall Malls, and Turkish Golds. Can't find a cig I like enough to stick with lately :(

tailies
Dunhill Blacks
American Spirits
Vogue (i think these are Korean? they sell them in NZ but im pretty sure they are from asia)

rollies
port royal blues (kentucky bourbon)

Niggerettes, I've heard it all now. That's a shocking term.
In Britain I can't say black people mainly buy certain products.
Certainly not specific brands of cigarettes or anything else I can think of tbh.
Anyway back on topic - Marlboro Lights

I'm white and smoke newports and menthols so it kind of bothers me too. The thing is that the black population in most major US cities is segregated (both by choice and not by choice in multiple ways). Of course, if everyone around you smokes newports growing up, then you probably will too.

It's not only black people that smoke them, but if you're black, from a really dense urban city (I'm from NYC and went to HS in the Bronx), from a bad neighborhood, etc, you probably smoke newports.

John Player Special Black or Drum rolling baccy if i'm skint